4SmartBurn

80% · 16339 · 19%

i dont use facebook
i dont use facebookNortheast, VIC6 posts

very happy customer

brilliant product does exactly what the company says it does.helps clean the flue,cuts down smoke and aids the fire.ghets 10 out of 10 from me Show details
MJH
MJHGreat Southern, WA

Great product

I ordered a smart burn to replace one I already have and it did not take long to arrive. It is not in the way in the firebox and the wood burns down completely even when I have the air closed down over night. No complaints and I will definitely buy again. Show details
kashyIllawarra, NSW9 posts

Cleaner Glass and better Heat

I've used these over several years. But forgot last 2 winters After realising how much time I spent cleaning my wood heaters glass, and this would be due to incomplete burning, Depositing on the glass window. I quickly ordered 2 more.
I can recommend this and actually sent a couple to my Son who has a wood heater also. Show details ·  1
Sharyn V.
Sharyn V.2 posts

Smartburn

Excellent product use it every winter highly recommend been using ever since Smartburn started when they were on the inventors show, we have never missed a year using this great product I have even sent some to friends overseas Show details ·  2
Martin
MartinPerth, WA2 posts

A great Australian made product

We have been using this product for years - and it is worth the cost as it helps the wood fire burn clean
A significant bonus is that it is produced locally and they post out free
Keep up te great work guys Show details ·  1
Stuart D.
Stuart D.

Excellent product

I have used a smart Burn for over 10 years now and am very satisfied with the results.
It does evrushing that it says it does.
Would recommend this produt to everyone. Show reply
Karen
Karen2 posts

No more spillage!

Brilliant product. Does what it says.
Although I was mindful of tipping it over and very careful when putting wood into the fire, I always managed to bump it and spill the contents out. This happened about 4 times. I decided to wire the thing onto a half brick and it's great now. No more accidental spillage! Show details
Carl D.
Carl D.Illawarra, NSW12 posts

art
artWide Bay-Burnett, QLD39 posts

Worth the $$ as it works

Normally we get Sooty to come & do an annual clean/check, however, now at $200 a pop we decided to try the SmartBurn. Upon doing the first clean since last year, I find the glass is easier to clean the longer you leave it, that is my excuse anyway !, I found a neat pile of creosote on top of the baffle plate which must have been removed by the SmartBurn fumes. Also, there was still some solid residual active ingredient, just give it a shake.
So, I just bought another as we have a tall flue & a 2 door Kemlan which means 2 windows to clean, the unit also seemed to reduce the soot build up on those.
All in all worth buying, plus, you get excellent feedback/service for any enquiries. Show details
Linda F.
Linda F.Perth, WA2 posts

Smart Burn - believe it

This is a fantastic product, this will be our third year of using and can highly recommend it for the way it keeps the heater clean and that the wood lasts longer. Great value for money. The service from the Smart Burn team is second to none. Show details
Henry E.
Henry E.

3 steps tp a safe winter

That time of the year again, get the wood in, check the fire ,order the Smart Burn, 3 three steps to have a warm safe winter. As they say in the old ad " when you are on a good thing stick to it " and Smart Burn certainly is a good thing, if you haven't tried take my tip give it a go. Show details ·  1
Ruth B.
Ruth B.North-East, TAS

Just a great product

I love Smartburn. It does do what it says. Cleans glass and chimneys. Also love the little follow ups Smartburn do and when they send the article it's always wrapped in paper with the words thank you in the word find. I'm orignally from Perth, so like to buy from there rather than Mitre 10 or Bunnings. Thanks Smartburn and keep up the good work. Show details ·  1
Gill
Gill

Works well but hard not to displace and make leak

Our woodheater is new with a very large flue and firebox. We purchased 2 Smart Burns, as we had had a build up of creosote on the glass door over night when the heater was dampend down. The smart burns did make a big difference and we have had very little build up since getting them. One of them has leaked however, even though we followed the instructions and have been careful not to bump the unit when we reload the heater.
Are there any suggestions about how to avoid bumping or displacing the unit? We are trialling placing them in slightly different positions, but wondered if there are any tricks we could use to make this easier, as it is difficult to avoid them. Thanks Heaps! Show reply
Barbara Bradbury
Barbara BradburyNorthern Region, NSW

A winner

Have absolutely no complaints, just praise for both Smartburn products. Show reply
Leon
Leon

Item failed

smart burn appeared to be working initially,but on cleaning firebox this morning, discovered alloy content approx location of raised smart burn, it has leaked?? purchased from Bunnings Toowoomba 17/07/2023 $49.89 did not last long, disappointed,hoping for a better experience. Show details

Doug B.
Doug B.

Hi we also have bought many of your smart burns and never had a problem with any untill a couple of days ago when I also noticed the contents were in a blob at the base of the fire box. I'm sure that I didn't knock it or a log may of. I run two of these in our fire box quite happy. Doug

kashy

I had this a few yrs ago. Then I used those small fire bricks and like another person in this forum? Did wired it to the brick. As during the fire time any larger wood pieces can slide onto and knock an unsecured smartburn over.

RA Country

What are the materials/chemicals which make up the catalyst please? Please don't just say "natural" or "non toxic" . Some of us are sensitive or allergic to some chemicals. I would like to know what is likely to be in the vapour which is released.

Steven
Steven
RA Country

Thanks for sharing your experience. Yes, I'd like to see a MSDS too . Smartburn monitor this site so why haven't they answered my question?

Hackers
Hackers

I have a French 14 year old Chazelle wood fire and when sitting near it we have the retractable door opened. Would your product work in this situation? In addition I clean the ash every 4 days and would need to remove the package to do this, is this possible?

Extra Information