SmartBurn

See the Best Home Care in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

ronman1990

ronman1990North-West & West coast, TAS

Hands down the best product.

I had been looking forward to finally giving SmartBurn a try and with all the hype it had a lot to live up to but I am absolutely stoked to say that it definitely works. Within a couple of weeks it had done everything as promised, cleaned the flu, cleaned the glass etc. I could even notice more heat output and less wood actually going on to the fire. If you own a woodfire you NEED this product.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.99.

Dazza

DazzaSouth West, WA

Clean Glass, Clean Chimney and added efficiency

We have been using smartburn since last winter and have found them to be very effective at keeping the fire housing and chimney clean. As an added incentive we are using less wood than we were previously.

So it's a win/win in our book and have no hesitation in recommending them.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Hi Dazza,
We appreciate that you have taken the time to use and review our SmartBurn product. Glad to hear that there is a little less wood for you to have to cart, that has to be good! Many thanks.

Maureen CSouth West, WA

Good old fashioned customer service & award winning product

Purchased in June 2019 for $46.00.

Maureen C

Many thanks for your reply Glenn. If you could pass on our dearest thanks to the young lady in your office we would be most appreciative. Customer service like that cannot be taught.

Hi Maureen.
I will pass on your thanks to Lisa. We are very lucky to have her on our team and for her wonderful approach with all of our customers.

Neil T

Neil TLaunceston, TAS

No other product like it and its Australian made

Keeps our heater functioning well,the door clean and reduces the amount of soot buildup in the flue. We will always support australian business that make good quality products and create jobs for australian people!

Purchased in June 2019 for $52.00.

Hello Neil,
We are truly grateful for your support, and proud of the fact that we can continue to employ Australians and keep our production very local. Many thanks for your use of SmartBurn.

Cheryl

CherylNorth Western Region, NSW

It works!

Have been using Smartburn for several years. First used in an old Schooner wood fire, then in my new efficient wood burner. When the old one was removed the installer commented on what great condition the flue was in. Glass in the new fire stays clean and I get great heat from the wood I burn. Have bought Smartburns for my Mum and she commented on better efficiency. Love this Aussie company and the nice touch of teabags and word find wrapping with thankyou outlined makes me smile.

Purchased in July 2019.

Steve

SteveHunter Region, NSW

Combustion Fire necessitiy

Huge difference in wood burn and heat when you use a smartburn. Also ensures flu is kept clean. Get more burn for your buck which is also good for the environment

Purchased in July 2019 at Internet for $48.00.

Hi Steve,
We appreciate your review and use of SmartBurn. That is great that you are seeing a big difference in your wood heater burning and value. Many thanks.

Glenn F.SmartBurn

Hi Steve, Any chance that you could please contact us? We would like to chat to you and thank you for your support. Please phone 08 9202 0700 or email orders@smartburn.com.au

AAAus

AAAus

Best thing for a wood fire

A product that does exactly what it says - makes wood fires burn cleaner, more efficiently and even cleans the chimney - amazing. We can't do without it every winter and keep telling everyone who has a wood fire. SmartBurn is a must buy, highly recommend.

Purchased in April 2019.

Glenn F.SmartBurn

Hi, we are so grateful that you can recommend SmartBurn to your friends.
Thanks very much for your fantastic support and time to write this review, much appreciated.

Warren M

Warren MVictoria

Why you need this

If you're not using Smartburn you are missing out. Clean glass, clean chimney, less ash & less wood burnt. I have been usingSmartburn since they first hit the market and use them every winter. What they guarantee is what you get & that is all the above. When you go outside and you're not sure if they work or not just look up at your chimney & see how clean it is, & that's not mentioning the absence of great plumes of smoke. Try it, even if it's only once.

Purchased in July 2019 at Smartburn online site for $45.00.

Hi Warren,
Maybe you have been using SmartBurn for 14 years!! You are a very loyal and fantastic customer. We are very grateful for your recommendation, and brilliant support. Much appreciated. Glenn

Pieter1475

Pieter1475Bordertown

A good idea and I use them .

A good idea and I use them but still get smoke coming out on opening door, which remains dirty with carbon . Also, a chimney would have to be dismantled to actually see the results, so I guess I'm not 100% convinced that they are as effective as the ads show. I will however keep using them in the hope they are working.

Purchased in June 2019 at Direct from SmartBurn.

Violet R.

Violet R.Launceston, TAS

what smartburn are like

I have always had one every winter when we have the wood heater burning and they are good will always use one every year they are so good and I like them

Purchased in June 2019 for $49.99.

Hello Violet,
I am sure that you have your wood heater burning very often in Launceston!
We are grateful for your support each year and for taking the time to write this review.
Many thanks Glenn

Great product, we love it!

Been using this product for years now, and wouldn't be without it. It cleans the glass even after I've made it go black from wood touching it. Love the chimney thermometer also, helps to keep the fire burning at the optimum level

Purchased in July 2019.

Caro

Caro

SmartBurn lives up to its blurb.

I will continue buying this product, having done so for many years. It does what it is said to do. The glass and flue stay very clean. No complicated instructions or installation procedure..

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.99.

Glenn F.SmartBurn

Hi Caro, We thank you for having used SmartBurn for many years, and for taking the time to review. I especially note your comments about how easy SmartBurn is to install and use. Many thanks.

S.A.R

S.A.RSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Greatest Product

We have been using SmartBurn several times each winter, as it is easy, no mess & does a great job with excellent results. Although we still clean our chimney each winter. SmartBurn maintains a clean fire in an environmentally friendly way.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings for $45.00.

Glenn F.SmartBurn

Hi, We thank you for your review and for choosing SmartBurn each winter to maintain your wood heater. Much appreciated.

gregnles

gregnlesSouth West, WA

keeps the chimney clean

Very happy with it. Noticed how clean the chimney hat was after last winter.
Helps the glass stay clean. First time users and we are happy that it is environmentaly friendly.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $45.00.

Hi Greg and Les,
We appreciate your review and are very happy to hear that you have seen the benefits from your first use. We are each doing our bit to help the environment with wood heating. Thanks

Brian

BrianVictoria

SmartBurn update

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings for $45.00.

What's not to like !

We use wood fired heating only to heat our house. We choose good, dry wood and add a smart burn at the beginning of the season. Glass is noticeably cleaner, wood burns cleaner and leaves less ash to clean up. Our chimney is cleaned regularly and our man who does it is always impressed how clean is our flue after months of constant use.

Purchased in May 2019.

Glenn F.SmartBurn

Thanks Joanna, We are grateful for you taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear your chimney sweep confirm how clean you flue always is, and well done to you for continuing to have that peace of mind check.

Joanna
Joanna

All true Glenn. How do we receive our free Smartburn as its time to replace soon. Thanks. Joanna

Jennifer M.

Jennifer M.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

AMAZING!!

What an amazing product. Who knew something so sleek and simple could change the way my fireplace works. Ive been telling everyone to run out and get this product ASAP! You will really notice the difference! Ill be a repeat customer!!!

Purchased in May 2019.

Glenn F.SmartBurn

Hello Jennifer, We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and especially for your referrals to your friends. We are very grateful to you.

Bruce

BruceSouth West, WA

Western Australian product you can not beat that

I have been using this product for about ten years and find what they say it does which is keeping your chimney clean is very true. No need to get on your roof to clean chimneys.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $45.00.

Glenn F.SmartBurn

Thanks Bruce for your comments and support of our business. Glad that you are highlighting the safety aspect of being on your roof to clean the flue.

Sue S.

Sue S.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Never use the fire without it!

Have been using for several years. I was amazed at the tar deposits that had fallen down on to the top of the baffle over the summer. Gave me confidence.

Purchased in June 2019 at Barbeques Galore for $45.00.

Glenn F.SmartBurn

Hi Sue, we appreciate your support over the years and thank you for taking the time to submit these comments. Glad that you would not light your fire without SmartBurn.

Saves lots of cleaning time every year

I've been using this product for several years now and find a better heat and clean fire since using it. Not only helps the chimney but also the glass is so much easier to clean

Purchased in June 2019 at Mitre 10 for $49.00.

Glenn F.SmartBurn

Hello Kathleen, We appreciate your review and support over the years. We all enjoy a cleaner glass to enjoy the full view of the fire.

Brady F.asked

How long does it take to clean a chimney. Ours has just started to not draw
As it was during the start of winter. Will one of the has instant results or am I better to get it swept first then use the smartburn to stop the build up. Really like the reviews on the smartburn and I’m very interested in the product

Hello Brady,
Thanks for your interest in our product, and for your good question that we get asked often.
Provided that you can start your fire and get it up to temperature, in order to melt the SmartBurn ingredients, then it will clean your flue with noticeable results over the first two weeks. It is possible that you will hear material cracking off the inside of your flue on the first night. Having your flue inspected by a professional chimney sweep is always a good idea, who can check for corrosion and other structural issues as well. However, the SmartBurn will not only unblock a mostly blocked over flue, but maintain it clean for the approx three months lifespan of the device. SmartBurn is simple to use, safe and non corrosive.
Many thanks, Glenn

Brady F.

Cheers Glenn. I have a chimney sweep coming to have a look on Thursday and will put a smartburn in once I relight it again that day.

Ellenasked

Hi do I need to place the smartburn on a specific heat brick? Or can I substitute with a rock?

Hi Ellen,
Thanks for your interest in SmartBurn and question. No please don't use a rock, as the supporting surface needs to be completely flat and level. The idea of placing your SmartBurn on a fire-proof brick is a recommendation, however not essential. Once heated the ingredients inside the SmartBurn tube melt and sit as a liquid inside the tube. Vapours off this liquid release via the holes in the ends and are the catalyst that improves the burning efficiency within your firebox. Due to the ingredients being liquid when hot, the tube must remain level at all times. Placing the SmartBurn higher up on something heat proof prevents the holes in the ends from being buried in ash and stopping the vapours from releasing. The firebrick also gives the tube a flat stable base that is higher up and further away from being disturbed by logs. Firebricks are available from any heating store that sells new wood heaters as a spare part, or via our web cart. Please also don't place a regular house or paving brick inside your wood heater. Buy the smallest firebrick that you can source.
Many thanks,
SmartBurn Australia

Ellen

Ok thanks for your informative reply. Cheers

Christine F
Christine F

Hi Ellen,
I agree with Glenn.
We've placed our Smartburn directly on the floor of our fireplace with no support underneath.

Rob Hasked

I have a cast iron rectangular heater door one end and 90degree elbow for the flue at the other end, where is the best place to place the Smart Burn . Under the flue on brick or where ? Please tell

John M.
John M.

Hi Rob H
The best answer I can give is how I used it on my heater.
I have a slow combustion wood fire, Masport Verona, with a cast iron fire box.
It has a glass door, which when opened gives access to a steel panel (shelf) just inside the door.
I place the smart burn on this shelf between the door and the fire.
Hope this helps
John M

Thanks john

Get an answer from our members and SmartBurn representatives

CategoryHome Care