sonnenBatterie

sonnenBatterie

Verified🏆 2024 Award

97 reviews · Statistics

93% · 906 · 6%
See the Best Products in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Loyola Gomes
Loyola Gomes4 posts

16 kW battery

Very happy with the way the battery works. The sonnen app is easy to follow. Can’t miss a day without looking at the way I save on energy. Show details ·  1
Joy and Neil Crook
Joy and Neil CrookQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Help when you need it

Yesterday my computer and phone app would not work at all and i didn't know what to do. Emailed last night and then this morning rang and John from Sonnen was able to fix my issue really easy and get my apps working just right. Beautiful new app just need to get used to it. Thanks Sonnen. Show details ·  1
John Kerr
John KerrSASouthern and Hills, SA2 posts

Service support is great

Emailed Sonnen with question re WiFi connection and upcoming router change. Got personal call back to explain what needed to be done and what to expect. Simple & straight to the point. Supplementary question re upcoming planned power supply outage by SAPN also answered competenty. Good organisation to deal with Show reply
Chocies!!
Chocies!!VICSouthwest, VIC4 posts

Sonnen Repair

Just needed to have Sonnen out to make a minor repair to our system. The professionalism and attention to detail was second to none - something often sadly missing today. I highly recommend their equipment, installers and repairers. "Typical German"! Show details ·  1
Leah
LeahWAPerth, WA2 posts

I'm able to use all the energy I make

Feed in tariffs for solar are terrible. I make on average half of all my energy needs. I can use it when I get home from work. The after sales support is excellent. The app allows you to monitor your energy production, battery charge and usage patterns. Show details ·  1
Alisa  Lysandra Fraser
Alisa Lysandra Fraser

sonnen x Design Duo - Twin Off

sonnen is more than just a global leader in home battery solutions; they are a game-changer for homeowners seeking energy independence. With sonnen, we now have 24/7 access to stored clean energy, ensuring our home is powered not just during the day but also at night and even during power outages. sonnen's commitment to reliability and sustainability has reshaped the way we power our home, and we couldn't be more impressed with the results Show reply
Jst4fun
Jst4fun

Sonnen batteries are a great product

Great product with excellent after sales support.
With my solar panels and my 10kWatt battery I haven't had to pay a power bill in years. I would highly recommend this product Show details ·  1
John S
John SNSWHunter Region, NSW2 posts

Quality product that reduces electricity costs

The battery has been in use for almost 12 months and has made a significant difference to our electricity costs. Service and support has been excellent to date and we are very happy that we selected Sonnen to provide our battery. Highly recommended! Show details ·  1
kevin
kevinVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

like sunshine on a rainy day

What can i say ... a great quality product, definitely outperforms my exportation . the easy use app shows theirs plenty battery power left most morning, for a rainy day lol. very happy i made the best choice. Show details ·  1
battery
battery

Excellent app, we both watch our battery useage. So comprehensive and useful.
Battery is working as designed.
Thank you. Show details ·  1
FRO
FROSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Sonnen Battery

We had solar and battery installed in January and have been very pleased with the results. The installation process was seamless and the equipment has worked perfectly. We have reduced the cost of our energy consumption considerably. We would thoroughly recommend both Tindo Solar and Sonnen. Show details ·  1
Peter S
Peter SNSWHunter Region, NSW
  Fair Incentive Verified

Understanding my Solar and Battery Installation

The installation of the Sonnen battery and its system monitoring has allowed me to understand the way we can maximise the benefit of having solar generation. It provides accurate data to achieve the most efficient use of the energy produced by the solar system Show details ·  1
Allan
AllanNSWHunter Region, NSW
  Fair Incentive

How to be power independent

We now have the perfect system to be almost totally independent from the grid power system. Our yearly bills are now negative and very secure from future grid failures. Show details ·  1
John
JohnWAPerth, WA3 posts

Saving money and being self reliant

Since the batteries were installed we have reduced our power bill to $200 per bill in winter and $110 in summer, the lowest was $38 and we charge our electric car. Show reply
TAS
TAS

Significant Savings Achieved

The Battery has performed as expected, and provides power when the sun goes down, therefore saving buying power from the grid. However, one aspect that surprised me was the noise emitted by the cooling fan on hot days. It can be heard inside the house but thankfully the cooling fan shuts down at night. The noise level from the cooling fan should be stated on the battery specification sheet rather than being discovered after installation. Show details ·  1

Frequently Asked Questions about sonnenBatterie

What is the sonnenBatterie?

The sonnenBatterie is a fully integrated, smart home storage solution made up of safe and long-lasting Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery modules, an intelligent energy management software and a power inverter.

It is fully integrated, as there are three components that are designed to work together to offer a high-quality product in one cohesive enclosure. The energy management software includes a self-learning algorithm that continuously adapts to your consumption patterns to help your household achieve the highest self-consumption and energy savings.

How much does a sonnenBatterie cost and where do I buy one?

The price to install a sonnenBatterie depends on the battery capacity and installation costs. This will be provided as a quote from your solar installer. sonnen works with qualified solar installers across Australia who are accredited to install sonnen home batteries

Latest Consumer Questions

Richard v.
Richard v.

I am a professional consultancy provider

1. Google Reviews
2. Trustpilot review
3. Reviews on Facebook
4. Golocal review

If anyone wants to come to the post office

Vicki B.

My sonnen battery has been off line since 1 September, apparently due to a faulty battery inverter. Sonnen are unable to provide a timeframe for repair work. How do I escalate this issue as the customer service people are not helpful?

Vicki B.

Thank you for your response. My name is [Name Removed] and the battery number is [Number Removed], complaint case number is [Number Removed].

sonnen Australia   DM

Hi Vicki, Thank you for those details. I've passed this on to our escalation team.

Liz G

Hi. Making final decision between 3 battery systems. Is Sonnen blackout back-up really microseconds, so HDDs etc won't turn off? Confirming: during daylight blackout, whole house still runs off panels?

I have blackout circuit (fridge, HDDs, phone/laptop charging, washing machine, & water pump with 100 litre pressure tank) ready to run off battery at night. It was suggested that this circuit is restricted even if not on battery; so, if frontload washing machine (LG 7kg) is just started, during blackout, will power still finish the wash? Will this affect fridge running? Will it then run fridge once washer is finished?
Will this be different if night time blackout (although, extremely rare for me to run washer at night)?

If my system puts my electricity account into credit, every bill, does my power company actually give me a refund cheque/visa card refund? (Or just accumulate credits?)
Does Sonnen flatrate/community system (I've only briefly scanned details) actually refund money, or just credits toward future charges?
Which option would suit a single person householder, at home all day?
Anything else I should know?

Liz G

Thanks. Some of this contradicts what I was told, so it's good to have it in writing!!

Contact info for sonnenBatterie