Spotify

2.1

Graeme

GraemeSheppartonq

Protect your credit card

Be VERY wary of Spotify, you are one of MILLIONS of customers and you are not important. You may find they are debiting your credit card months after you've cancelled your subscription. Take care.

linda g.

linda g.Tasmania

Avoid!

I've had Spotify for a few years and everything had been pretty average, the occasional glitch here and there with the app. But I awoke a few days ago to find that I had been booted from my account, I'd been hacked my password and email had been changed and I could no longer access it. There is no way it was on my part as I never open strange emails or download anything untrusted, my phone is basically a blank slate... after looking into some other peoples reviews I found that this seems to be a common issue. I have blocked any further transactions and unsubscribed from Spotify. They don't seem to care about peoples private details being hacked, untrustworthy company and nasty contact methods.

whitsey

whitseyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't change email address

Can't change email. I registered 10 years ago using Facebook. Original email changed which I updated in Facebook 5 years ago. This change doesnt sync across to spotify and they won't let me change my email because it is linked to Facebook. That's their system!!! They say they rely on Facebook for my info but the info they have is different to Facebook and won't let me change it... I don't understand... who builds these systems?

Find out how Spotify compares to other Online Streaming Services

Biggest Ripoff ever ... near impossible to unsubscribe.

I can't tell you how many times I have unsubscribed ... you can never speak to a human. Completely designed to rip you off don't do it. I cancelled the day after I started a trial. They charged me for six months before this stopped.

John S.

John S.South East Queensland, QLD

Decent but censored content.

Offers music but podcasts are censored without reason(JRE) so restricted and ideology directed content.people don't need private companies telling them what they should learn and give reason for restricting informative content.

JMan

JManGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really Spotify, a price increase!

Lena Muo

Lena MuoNSW, 2146

Windows app won't load frequently. Also, low default volume. Would prefer full lyrics option

I have Spotify Premium (Family Plan) that I pay for

The Windows 10 app for Spotify is terrible. . When I open the app, it takes a WHILE to load or won't load at all. It is so frustrating. I have to delete the folders/cache to make it load faster but it shouldn't be that slow

Also, i notice Spotify has a lower default volume than Apple Music (Apple Music is not much better). For example, if you listen to the same song on both platforms at the same volume level, Apple Music is louder by default.

The Genius lyrics feature in Spotify is cool but I prefer the full lyrics, where you can see the whole lyrics, synced with the song playing (like in Apple Music).

Crystal G.

Crystal G.Central Queensland, QLD

Loved it for years but now it’s crap

Loved it for years but now it keeps playing 30 seconds of a song and crashing ... When I want to play a different playlist suggested by Spotify it won’t play, only my library ones very frustrating I’m now using YouTube

Dani H.

Dani H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

The website doesn't work

The company offers to change to a student account on its online page and after trying to make the change, this is practically impossible, I have tried on 2 different computers and hundreds of times from my phone and it is not possible. The company has an external identification company that collapses after adding the data.

Kev

KevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Trash

Horsesrule

Horsesrule

Perfect for listening to music

I bought Spotify premium and it works like a gem. Love listening to my country tunes on the app. The sound quality is excellent and all my music is there.

ALEX

ALEXPerth, WA

Hated It.

Always popped up on my computer at start up. Slow it initialize and could not get it off my task bar.
Tried to uninstall. Went through the process but it was still there and doing exactly the same thing.
Is this thing a Virus? Sure looks to be.
Music wise was ok but can't download or transfer to my phone.
Whats the point.
YouTube is the same without the restrictions and nonsense.

Philip E.

Philip E.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Google doesn't help

I'll ask for Ol 55 and I get the Eagles, I ask for The Beatles and get Bob Dylan, WASTE of money, I'll stick to YouTube in future, Google is an absolute waste of money and my blood pressure hits sky high from it.

Wayne R.

Wayne R.South East Queensland, QLD

OVERCHARGING ME

Very sneaky people that are billing me 10 days earlier than stated...also ,makes it too difficult to cancel subscription.any company that overcharges me ,I cancel for life..i never trust again.

Trish_review

Trish_reviewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good App but has issues

Under Free, app works fine. If you don't skip adds or music, you can get 30-60min of add free.
You can build your own play lists or search for pre set lists.

Reason's/steps on 3 stars
1. unable to change User Name once app is created (although on sign up did not even know I could choose a user name)
2. need to close account to create a new account under same email address
3. was difficult to find "close account" took 20min to find the right location
4. after closing, cold not use said email address for 14days! I'm ready to sign up to Premium now but under my chosen email address which would not have been a problem if you were allowed to change user name

Martin Mayhew

Martin MayhewAU

Removal of song list tab

Since they have removed song list tab. The old song list system was better, where it use to shuffle the songs from the list. These days you have to playlist everything or change from artist to manually. You can't keep doing that when you're driving or even walking. There is no option to buy the album either. The other organization I have gone to does this.

IT DOSEN'T WORK

It says application is not responding and it has been doing it for a month please help me with my situation ok or i will need to call you a Lot

Ludo

LudoPerth, WA

Bad app

The app always stops working, no customer service, the free version is unbearable due to very load commercials and the app itself is bad, especially the mobile version.
Also they practically dont pay the artists and and keep all our money for themselves.

IT IS NOT PLUG AND PLAY

Spotify looks great. The catch is: even on premium, yu can only play through bluetooth, to speakers and systems that support spotify. That includes car audio. Therefore, it's really only good for earphones unless you buy the match up speakers. Utube has no such catch.

Love the customer service

I love Spotify a lot. The reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that it crashes quite often. That's annoying but the rest of the app is good. Their customer service is also great, Robbie B saved my life by getting my account back :)