St.George Complete Freedom

St.George Complete Freedom

See the Best Transaction Accounts / Debit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Liar. Change terms from no account keeping fee to $5/ month if you don’t deposit $250 by the end

Sales girl tricked me into opening complete freedom ac by depositing $2000 and keeping for 3 months in order to get a bonus $50. But after that, monthly fee $5 kicked in for failing to put in $250. @ month .:(

Julian S

Julian SSpringwood

Perfect for Australia and Overseas

PhilSydney, NSW

Visa Back Door Deal With Westpac / St George Bank

Zincberg101nsw, 2250

Terrible

When I originally started using this card it was a great deal, I was happy with the ability to purchase over the internet and use the card as if it were a credit card, without having to pay interest on my purchases. Unfortunately, now (being about 5 years down the track) I am paying $30+ in bank fee's every single month. I cannot believe that a bank thinks that they can charge their customers for using their own ATM's.... that is a disgrace
Was originally a good deal, visa capabilities without the "debt"
Terrible fees, poor quality cards, no interest

Zincberg101

Fees now removed for their own ATM's, I would happilly change this review to 4 stars

doublecurl

doublecurlSydney, NSW

The St George freedom account is one of the best around. It virtually has no fees and offers great flexibility. Online banking with this account is also very user friendly and easy to navigate/use. It's great that you can use this card with Westpac atms so you practically never have to use a foreign atm.
No account keeping fees if your pay goes into the account, can be used with both st george and westpac atms (and so finding an atm is easy), the visa debit makes purchasing online easy as you don't have to have a real credit card
Nothing in particular

lizziegordon

lizziegordonACT, 2614

I switched to St George not long ago and am so glad I got the debit card. I looked at the other options and St George came out on top by far. Their fees are much cheaper with more freedom of what you can do and free transactions. I love the extra security of their netbanking (as compared to Commonwealth). The customer service at my branch has always been fantastic which is definitely a surprise at a bank! I love having all the features of a credit card but not the debt. I'm surprised more people don't use debit cards - they're great!
Good value, great service, lots of ATMs in the ACT, able to use exactly like a credit card without the risk of debt, St George netbanking is great - it's really easy to track everything

novakor

novakorVIC, 3754

Good

Although there are not enough conveniently located St. George ATM's around (and I will not use non St. George ATM's due to high charges) you can easily use it while shopping and just get cash out instead.
I am not a big EFTPOS card user as I prefer to pay everything on credit and pay off at end of month so I do not need cash that often, but since it is linked to my home loan, it is convenient.
no fees or charges and unlimited free transactions as it is linked to my home loan
not enough St. George ATM's available or St. George branches

leam312002

leam312002

Good

I really, really liked the St George Debit card. I had one for about 2 years before changing to ANZ. My main reason for changing was that St George only have one ATM in WA and the cost of other ATM fees was bumping my monthly fees up to well over $12 a month. Something to be wary of with any card you choose I think!

I liked the fact that the transactions I made on the 'credit' facility showed up on my account really quickly, (unlike the ANZ which takes DAYS!)and that they did allow a couple of extra other ATM transactions for WA users.
Looks like a credit card, smells like a credit card - but isn't!
No ATM's in WA

kimuric

kimuric

chrissy155

chrissy155

I recently changed from a normal freedom account to the complete freedom card. It costs two dollars less a month in fees plus you get unlimited amount of withdrawals from st george atms. There are also no fees from st george if you withdraw money from stores, which saves you from other-atm fees if you can't find a st george one.
You can also use it on the internet which is GREAT!!! I can now buy concert tickets off the internet without having to resort to getting a credit card or something else.
In the end it's extremely useful.
Lets you buy online. Less fees.