Stihl MSA 140C

Stihl MSA 140C

5.0 from 1 review

See the Best Battery Chainsaws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Cordless lightweight wonder

A previous Ryobi electric chainsaw finally threw in the towel after almost a decade of dead-weight heaviness and an extremely fiddly tensioning adjustment. The STIHL is a game changer. It is light, cordless, reliable, easy to clean, accurate, narrow kerfed and beautifully designed. The battery (included, with charger) will last for hours and will fit other Stihl devices (mowers, trimmers etc.). What I love is the chain speed and, if used properly, it won't pinch as readily as other wider chained saws. I was hooked as soon as I picked it up and used it for a few hours, straight out of the box.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

1. Could you list what comes in the box when you buy this saw? 2. What is the correct size file for the chain?
Battery, charger and chainsaw skin. After consistent use since purchase I can confirm it is a perfect medium duty chainsaw - light, narrow kerf, easy to clean, just get the best oil available. The cheap stuff is too viscous in cold weather.Thanks Jay Ess. I'm enjoying mine too. Excellent for smaller work and makes cuts so clean I plan on simply sanding the cut surfaces on the discs I'm cutting off 3 and 4" branches to turn them into coasters after oiling or applying some sort of finish. The narrow chain is a big part of the quality and effectiveness of this saw. I'm tempted to get the $40 chain sharpening device; I like the idea of the rakers being filed at the same time as the cutters. I've since found out the correct file size is 1/8th inch.