Sunbeam Pie Magic

4.2

Harry

HarryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worth persevering

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for A$80.00.

Phillip N.

Phillip N.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Sunbeam pie maker

I bought my pie maker about 7 months ago and I love it but I noticed when I was last using it that the lid had a crack in it I have only used it 8 times

Purchased in December 2019 for A$69.00.

Mel

MelSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great fun family cooking

Quick and easy to use and clean. Kids love choosing their fillings and personalising the top of their pie. I love using left overs for a fast and cheap alternative to take away or hiding lots of mushed veg in the filling to nourish my fussy eater. Bonus is I can have fancy vegan pies too without paying a bomb. Friday is now Pie-day for us, just need to find something to lift the pies out with safely though, as that can be tricky. I did notice a little moisture in the indicator light when using but doesn’t seem to be a problem or limit performance at all.

Purchased in July 2020 at Target Australia for A$69.00.

Claire

ClaireSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy Customer.

Excellent pie maker. I just bought it and made two pies. So happy. I do not have a pastry cutter; it was a bit fiddly to cut bottom and top.

Purchased in June 2020.

pcmiller13NSW, 2340

Very disappointed and unhappy

I had owned the last pie magic from sunbeam and loved it, the size was perfect and with one sheet of pastry you could make two pies and barely any wastage.
The new version of the pie magic is disappointing, it is bulky and hard to find a place to store it, the pastry wastage is ridiculous, basically one sheet per pie!
I would not recommend this product and would gladly sell it. I would rather make pies in a muffin tray than use this contraption.

Purchased in January 2020 at Target Australia for A$55.00.

pcmiller13

Thank you for your reply. It’s a pity there isn’t two different pie makers available, one like the original Pie maker smaller size and the larger size which is available now.
I would gladly swap to the smaller pie magic, could this be a possibility?

Roula B.

Roula B.Mid North Coast, NSW

Great Machine

It was perfect!! It came with its own pastry cutter for both top and bottom. Made my filling, let it cool. Only took 12 minutes for it to be crisp on both top and bottom. I used store bought puff pastry, followed instructions, husband loved it. Sorry forgot to take photos. I highly recommend. :)

Purchased in June 2020 at Big W Retail Stores for A$79.00.

So GLAD you LOVE it !
Thank you for your awesome Feedback.

Anotherguyintheshire82

Anotherguyintheshire82Sydney, NSW

How easy is it?

First pie, using frozen short crust pastry + frozen puff pastry on the top, egg and bacon pie, used pie cutter, skim read manual and a wonderful pie, second pie a chunky beef one, same deal and just as good..... Fail to see how you would burn it...... It is too easy, will be a regular for breakies and super saturdays with the footy!

Purchased in May 2020 at Big W for A$80.00.

So GLAD you LOVE it !
Thank you for your awesome Feedback.

Waste of money

Useless bottoms burn tops take over 40 min to cook tried everything nothing works have to keep redoing them to make sure pastry cooked edges burn horrible not impressed with it

Purchased in May 2020 for A$101.00.

Hello Sueanne,
So sorry to hear about that!
All our products do have a 12 month replacement warranty so please just return the unit to your retailer for new product.

Angelina S.

Angelina S.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Disappointed

I use to borrow from friend pie maker, then I got one as a gift, but the one I used before would fit 2 pies per sheet of pastry now only one with alot of offcuts. Both Sunbeam. Not happy with this model, will be looking other brand to buy.

Purchased in May 2018.

BudIllawarra, NSW

So disappointed!

I have large Sunbeam pie maker which works perfectly, but I have the PM4800 which has never been any good it burns on bottom won’t cook on top, have tried everything to make it work without success Help!

Purchased in February 2019 at Big W.

Bud

Would you be able to replace this cooker as it is still in box?

Sandra W

Sandra W

Pie cutter

Love my Pie Maker, took it away on a holiday recently, great easy meals from breakfast to dinner. Today I have cooked a delicious apple and pear filling all set to make dessert and can't find the pie cutter. I can't even find the dimensions of the circles so that I can make a shape to cut around. Have looked everywhere to see where I can buy the cutter to no avail. Help!

Sueg9

Sueg9South East Queensland, QLD

Makes great pies

I have had this pie maker for a year and so far wouldn't be without it. It is so forgiving and makes every pie look like a professional has made them. Easy to clean. Recipes in manual work well. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Customer CareSunbeam

That's so wonderful to hear ! Thank you for your great feedback.

BKMelbourne

Not perfect !

I had huge expectations from this product but I am not really happy. The bottom of the pie burns off quickly in few mins while the top os still uncooked. I even tried starting from cold machine and line with paper cup but no help. The bottom turns black in 3-4 mins while the other part is still uncooked.

Purchased in November 2019 at Amazon for A$69.00.

BK

Will Amazon take it back?

Hello again,
Yes of course they do, please visit their returns and replacement page for easy replacement steps: https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201824330

Bill42South East Queensland, QLD

Great Pie Maker - sadly stopped working

I have had this product for around 2-3 years and found that with a little skill in cooking the right ingredients, you can make a great pie. I usually just make 2 pies at a time and it has been working a treat.
About 2-3 months ago I noticed the pie (s) on one side were not cooking on the top and I had to finish in the airfryer. Now it is not cooking on the top at all. The top gets hot but obviously not enough to cook the pastry. I am so disappointed as I think this is a great machine and saves so much time and electricity than using the oven.
I am tempted to buy another but will wait to hear any feedback from people who have had a similar problem.

Purchased in February 2017 for A$69.00.

Hello Bill42,
Thank you for your wonderful review. Please contact me directly with the your contact details (Full name, number, email and address). I'm sure we can get you cooking Delicious Sunbeam Pies again!

Hi
Thank you for your response. I have sent my details as requested bu Sunbeam message.

Customer CareSunbeam

Great the team will contact you shortly - Hope you enjoy your Sunbeam Pie Marker. Please do tag our socials with delicious picture!

Bottom of the pie cooker doesn't cook at all

Bought the traditional pie maker 3 days ago. Have used it twice. The bottom element doesn't work at all! Overcooked top and raw bottom. So disappointed as I wanted it to be a great product.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for A$68.00.

Hello Sad,
We're sorry to hear about your experience. The Sunbeam pie makers are a customer favourite so please do return it to the retailer you bought it from and request a replacement. I'm sure you will love it.

MaryMary

MaryMarySydney, NSW

Great

Despite the fact that I do not eat many pies, I actually have two pie makers. I brought a Kmart pie maker, but very soon realised it was too small to make pies with a decent amount of filling. I use the Kmart pie maker to make poached eggs which it does magnificently. I will probably use it for small sweet mince pies for Xmas too. On the flip side, I have actually found the Sunbeam to be too deep, and if using store brought pastry it can cost a bit of money in pasty sheets (especially if using expensive puff). I made some very nice chicken, broccoli and cheese pies a couple of times in the Sunbeam.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bing Lee for A$70.00.

Hi MaryMary,
Thank you for your review.

LORRAINE

LORRAINEPerth, WA

LOVERLY AND CRUSTY

My first cook was chicken and leak pie and they turned out wonderful.
The pastry was nice and crispy which will put a personal identity to my pies.
my husband was delighted that these were like no other pie we had purchased. the only fault that i burnt my fingers when loading the pastry.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$69.00.

Hi LORRAINE,
Great to hear, happy cooking!!!

Norm P.

Norm P.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Under cooked tips on pies

Purchased the pie maker on the 20th opened it up today the 26th used as per instructions only 1/2 cup of filling waited for the light to say it was ready. The results where far from satisfactory bottom was cooked on the outside inside was soggy and the tops where uncooked see photo? Decided to take back to store as this one is obliviously faulty. Store salesman when shown the photos said “looks like the top element not working. Can not fault Harvey norman store excellent service will update on new pie maker and results later

Purchased in August 2019 for A$69.00.

Sharonf

SharonfHunter Region, NSW

Fantastic!!

Was tired of wasting left overs so now I reinvent them into pies! Last night we had lamb baked dinner pies. I just cut everything up, put it in a frypan, thickened it with the left over gravy, popped it between puff pasty and 15 minutes later a great quick dinner. I made 12 and freezed 6 for lunches. The machine is great to use, comes with a double sided pastry cutter for top and bottom cut outs of pastry and wipes clean! I love it and the pies are a perfect size. No more wasted left overs in my house, my best purchase all winter! Tonight the family are having chicken vindaloo and rice pies. Fantastic investment!!

Purchased in June 2019 at Big W for A$69.00.

Hi Sharonf
Thanks for your great review! Glad to see you are creative with your pies. There is a little book you can download called 101 Great Pie Ideas. See what you think. Kind regards Sunbeam

colMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can't go wrong with pastry

Great product! Son and family vegan and use regularly. Introduced friend to who loves it also, then mine bought through flybuy. Sons Harvey Norman for $69 jb also have shop around as can be very expensive..easy to use..large pastry base so join pieces no biggy. Cutters included freeze leftovers to use is up to your imagination. Recipes everywhere, wipe clean. Warm to use and in 10 minutes done..note to self save receipts

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$69.00.