Fantastic!!

Was tired of wasting left overs so now I reinvent them into pies! Last night we had lamb baked dinner pies. I just cut everything up, put it in a frypan, thickened it with the left over gravy, popped it between puff pasty and 15 minutes later a great quick dinner. I made 12 and freezed 6 for lunches. The machine is great to use, comes with a double sided pastry cutter for top and bottom cut outs of pastry and wipes clean! I love it and the pies are a perfect size. No more wasted left overs in my house, my best purchase all winter! Tonight the family are having chicken vindaloo and rice pies. Fantastic investment!!

Purchased in June 2019 at Big W for $69.00.

Hi Sharonf Thanks for your great review! Glad to see you are creative with your pies. There is a little book you can download called 101 Great Pie Ideas. See what you think. Kind regards Sunbeam

Can't go wrong with pastry

Great product! Son and family vegan and use regularly. Introduced friend to who loves it also, then mine bought through flybuy. Sons Harvey Norman for $69 jb also have shop around as can be very expensive..easy to use..large pastry base so join pieces no biggy. Cutters included freeze leftovers to use is up to your imagination. Recipes everywhere, wipe clean. Warm to use and in 10 minutes done..note to self save receipts

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $69.00.

Hi col, Thank you for the great review! We love this one too. There is a great little book you can down load called 101 Great Pie Ideas. If you have trouble down loading it please email customercare@sunbeam.com.au and we can email it to you. Kind Regards Sunbeam.Thanks

Seems like a good idea...NOT!

I thought a four-pie making machine would be a great idea. I love pies! And home made pies sound even better. All I have to do is buy some pastry sheets and fill with leftovers as per instructions, right? Well, the results was pies that are half full of air and puff pastry that doesn't "puff". In hindsight, to be fair, the pastry has nowhere to "puff" to, sandwiched between the pressure of the steam from the filling and the lid of the pie maker. Perhaps shortcrust pastry is a better option? Further, instructions say to only put 1/2 a cup of filling in to avoid the filling oozing out as it heats. The available void inside the pie would be at least 1 cup, thereby leaving the pie half empty when used as per instructions. I intend to (cautiously) run some more experiments with the types of fillings and the use of a thickener (e.g. corn flour). I also want to try fillings in greater amounts. But this is would be outside of the recommended use. Perhaps the inadequacy of the recommended filling amount is to protect the manufacturer from claims against them for hot fillings squirting out and burning the user. Regardless, the pie maker is not what you might expect if used as directed. Continue the experiments!

Purchased in July 2019 at Big W for $69.00.

Hi NothappyJan, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. We do recommend using puff pastry for the top. You can brush over with egg whites to seal it and crisp it up more. This can reduce any air . It is only a general recommendation to fill with only 1/2 cup of ingredients. You can of course fill it slightly more. It is a make-as -you-go process. There is a great little book you can down load called - 101 Great Pie Ideas for extra experimentation and inspiration. Your feedback is well noted and we encourage you to experiment! Kind Regards Sunbeam

Purchased what I thought was the best pie maker on the market only to have it blow up after 5 WEEKS!! Made in China!

Have only tried pies to date!
Finished pies are very good and taste is all in the pie mix. Have not attempted any recipes from the booklet! Love the depth of actual pie!

Purchased in July 2019 at Myers for $79.99.

Hi Carol, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. These are great little units. Sorry to hear of your PM4800 no longer functioning. Please return it the to store of purchase for a replacement. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Great for eggs.

Pies are east to make. Normally just put some chicken and leek into the frying pan, a pack of frozen pastry works fine and done in no time. Wish they were a bit bigger, but just make 2 instead of 1. Really good for fast dinner when we are running out of time during the week. Discovered that they make great eggs aswell. Crack an egg into the pie hole, close the lid and come back a few minutes later. They work perfectly and save having to clean up a frying pan. Quick breckie!

Hi t18, Thanks so much for the great review. Your idea to use eggs is fantastic. Enjoy! Kind regards, Sunbeam

Recommened 100%

An amazing piece of machinery. If your contemplating getting one just do it, it makes perfect pies, as someone who doesnt eat pies I really enjoy my home made ones now, stores easy and the cable wraps back up it the base. Easy to clean I usually just wipe over with a damp cloth while its still warm.

Purchased in August 2018 at Catch for $65.92.

Hi Shanice, Thanks so much for the great review. There is a book you can down load called 101 Great Ideas for extra inspiration and creativity. Enjoy! Kind regards, Sunbeam

Perfect Pies every time

Every pie i make in this comes out perfect.
I use shop bought puff pastry and put whatever left over ingredients i have from previous meals in it.
Butter chicken Pies, Nacho Mince Pies, Apple Pies and lots more.
I am very happy with this purchase and two of my friends have subsequently purchased the same pie makers.

Purchased in July 2019 at Big W for $70.00.

Hi Michael Moxon, Thanks for the great review! Kind Regards Sunbeam

Love this throughout winter especially during footy season

I have used the pie maker for 5.5 years and made hundreds of pies. I freeze them in batches and reheat them in my air fryer. Great for using up left overs as well.

Purchased in June 2013 at Kmart Retail Stores for $29.00.

Hi Helen, very happy to hear!!

Love this Pie Maker BUT would love to see a gadget that you can push down the pastry without using your fingers.

Cooks beautifully. Love that you can basically cook anything in it apart from soup lol. Would love to see Sunbeam bring out a gadget that you can push the pastry down without having to use your fingers. Would have given the extra star if this was included.

Purchased in October 2017 for $79.00.

Hi Karin, Thank you for the great review. Well noted with your suggestion of a p'pastry pusher/moulder' and I will be passing this on to our product team.

Love this Pie Maker!!!

Bought pie maker 2 weeks ago and wished it was available 45 years ago when first married. So far have made chicken & leek pies, apple & blackberry, and bacon, whole egg & baked bean pies. 15 minutes cooking and perfect pastry each time. Thanks for a great product!

Purchased in April 2019 at Big W Modbury, South Australia for $69.95.

Hi Jane C, thank you for sharing that, lovely to read!!!

Love it!

This is my second Sunbeam pie maker, I also have the smaller 4 up machine. I've made all sorts of pies, cakes, mini pizza's, quiche, and even zucchini slice in this pie maker. Love the larger size, easy to use, and clean. *Season* the pie maker before the first use, and you'll never have any problems with food sticking, and no need to oil the machine ever again.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $69.00.

Hi Anne, Thank you for the great review, we really appreciate it!

Not great

I had the one before and was good but seriously 1 whole sheet of short crust for the bottom and then you need to try and stick the rest together to make the second were you guys on acid or what.I can see why breville are so far in front of you guys with appliances IE specially there coffee machines.Please get back to your great applications in cooking please.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $59.00.

Hi Dave, Thank you for your feedback. We certainly be be forwarding it on to out design and technology teams.

We are hooked, but now need the 4 up size!

Instant success. Started using the very good recipe booklet. Good results give you courage to experiment. The times given seem a bit too long for bought puff pastry, but pies, a darker shade of brown, are still delicious!
Wiping with a damp cloth is not always sufficient, as there are some fine angles in the shaping which effectively contains any small overflows. Worth the extra effort.

Two pie bases and two tops can be cut from one sheet of bought pastry if you are careful. But a slice of cheese for the top of the filling makes a delicious variation.

WARNING-- The 2 up size may be enough for one person. But two people will need the 4 up size because the pies are so varied an delicious!

Purchased in January 2019.

Hi Marion, so happy you are enjoying using the Pie Maker, thank you for the review!

A1 Pie Maker

The pie maker is so simple to use and clean. Saves heating up the oven. My husband just loves making all sorts of pies. Cannot fault this appliance. Comes with pastry cutter and recipes.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $69.00.

Thanks for the great review Wal.

Just love it

I’m a bit wary of kitchen appliances as I’ve purchased a few and when the novelty wears off they go to the op shop. However I do like my sunbeam pie magic because it really works and produces a pie which looks just perfect and professional. It amazes me every time I use it. Super easy to clean. I rate it 5 stars. (Out of 5)
Ian Cattlin

Date PurchasedMay 2017
HI, thank you for leaving us a review, we appreciate your time

Great Pie Maker

Look i am very happy with my Sunbeam Pie Magic , So Easy to make a good pie .And Easy to clean . Some people just love to give bad feedback . Go get yourself a Sunbeam Pie Magic you will not be sorry . i got my Pie Maker second hand and i am very happy .

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thanks for the great review Robert!

So easy

Turn leftovers into tasty meals and snacks - great for quick quiches and bacon and eggs is a breeze. So easy to clean - just wipe with paper towel while warm. I don't even preheat it for pies if filling is already cooked because you just need to cook pastry and heat centre

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Thanks for the positive review Shell!

We use this pie maker on a regular basis.

The small version of the pie maker is an adequate size for older people and makes two pies from one sheet of pastry unlike the four up larger size pie that only makes one pie from one sheet of store bought pastry. Terrific for leftover casseroles (beef, chicken, veggie etc).

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Robin, so many recipes to enjoy and make with the pie maker, thanks for the review!

Terrible

The new sunbeam pie machines uses too much pastry and takes too much time to heat up and too much time to cook. Worst pie maker I have ever had I want to return it. What do I do is am very disappointed the old style pie machine was much quicker and a lot less pastry also it seems to take 30mins to cook very slow. The old style was 7 mins. also way too big.
What is sunbeam thinking with this machine.
Who designed the new style of machine and why?

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Taking too long to cook

I purchased a new sunbeam pie maker from good guys on Sunday, made amazing lamb and pumpkin pies. However the manual says takes 15 minutes, but it was way over 30 minutes for each lot and then it took ages for the light to say ready again. Everyone says how quick it was so i called good guys and they said to return it for a replacement so will do tomorrow. Fantastic customer service from them. Will let you know the outcome as i will keep trying.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Toady, sorry to hear of the timing issues you are having with your pie maker. Just bear in mind that the 15 minute cooking time is just a guide and a lot of people prefer to cook their pies for longer. Although in saying that, 30 minutes does seem a bit too long. It may very well be that the thermostat isn't reaching temperature as quickly as it should be. Hopefully your replacement will perform to the standard you expect. If there are any further issues, please call the Sunbeam Customer Care line and we would love to assist you.thank you so much wonderful customer service at Good Guys exchanged and will try it out shortly.

Really enjoyed using this piemaker. Unfortunately the case cracked on the second use.
Don't understand.if machine then warranty.if pie then too much filling as do stipulate not to overfill.also filling should be cold.Hi Mel, Sorry to hear this. If you have purchased within the last 12 months and have your receipt please return to the store of purchase for a replacement. Kind Regards, SunbeamThank you! I will do

Hi I want to buy a sunbeam pie maker on line. Two questions do the 2 up and 4 up produce the same sized pies. And can i make just 2 pies in the larger pie maker . Thanjs
Hi Chris, Thanks for contacting Sunbeam. The 2 up (PM4210) and the 4 up (PM4800) are different sizes. PM4210 is snack size and PM4800 is deeper and more of a meal size.These are the only tow pie makers available. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

how deep and wide are the pie cavities please
Hi elle, I don't have the depth of the pie but I can tell you the pastry base is 122mm in total and the top is 104mm across.thank you that sounds great

Sunbeam Pie Magic PM4800 (Traditional Size 4 Up)Sunbeam Pie Magic PM4600 (Family Size)Sunbeam Pie Magic PM4210 (Snack Size 2 Up)Sunbeam Pie Magic PM040B
CategoryNovelty / Snack MakersNovelty / Snack MakersNovelty / Snack MakersNovelty / Snack Makers
Price (RRP) $84.95$84.95$49.95
Release dateMay 2007May 2007May 2007
Replaced bySunbeam Pie Magic PM4800 (Traditional Size 4 Up)

Visit official website - Download manual