Not great

I had the one before and was good but seriously 1 whole sheet of short crust for the bottom and then you need to try and stick the rest together to make the second were you guys on acid or what.I can see why breville are so far in front of you guys with appliances IE specially there coffee machines.Please get back to your great applications in cooking please.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $59.00.

Hi Dave, Thank you for your feedback. We certainly be be forwarding it on to out design and technology teams.

We are hooked, but now need the 4 up size!

Instant success. Started using the very good recipe booklet. Good results give you courage to experiment. The times given seem a bit too long for bought puff pastry, but pies, a darker shade of brown, are still delicious!
Wiping with a damp cloth is not always sufficient, as there are some fine angles in the shaping which effectively contains any small overflows. Worth the extra effort.

Two pie bases and two tops can be cut from one sheet of bought pastry if you are careful. But a slice of cheese for the top of the filling makes a delicious variation.

WARNING-- The 2 up size may be enough for one person. But two people will need the 4 up size because the pies are so varied an delicious!

Purchased in January 2019.

Hi Marion, so happy you are enjoying using the Pie Maker, thank you for the review!

A1 Pie Maker

The pie maker is so simple to use and clean. Saves heating up the oven. My husband just loves making all sorts of pies. Cannot fault this appliance. Comes with pastry cutter and recipes.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $69.00.

Thanks for the great review Wal.

Just love it

I’m a bit wary of kitchen appliances as I’ve purchased a few and when the novelty wears off they go to the op shop. However I do like my sunbeam pie magic because it really works and produces a pie which looks just perfect and professional. It amazes me every time I use it. Super easy to clean. I rate it 5 stars. (Out of 5)
Ian Cattlin

Date PurchasedMay 2017
HI, thank you for leaving us a review, we appreciate your time

Great Pie Maker

Look i am very happy with my Sunbeam Pie Magic , So Easy to make a good pie .And Easy to clean . Some people just love to give bad feedback . Go get yourself a Sunbeam Pie Magic you will not be sorry . i got my Pie Maker second hand and i am very happy .

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thanks for the great review Robert!

So easy

Turn leftovers into tasty meals and snacks - great for quick quiches and bacon and eggs is a breeze. So easy to clean - just wipe with paper towel while warm. I don't even preheat it for pies if filling is already cooked because you just need to cook pastry and heat centre

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Thanks for the positive review Shell!

We use this pie maker on a regular basis.

The small version of the pie maker is an adequate size for older people and makes two pies from one sheet of pastry unlike the four up larger size pie that only makes one pie from one sheet of store bought pastry. Terrific for leftover casseroles (beef, chicken, veggie etc).

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Robin, so many recipes to enjoy and make with the pie maker, thanks for the review!

Terrible

The new sunbeam pie machines uses too much pastry and takes too much time to heat up and too much time to cook. Worst pie maker I have ever had I want to return it. What do I do is am very disappointed the old style pie machine was much quicker and a lot less pastry also it seems to take 30mins to cook very slow. The old style was 7 mins. also way too big.
What is sunbeam thinking with this machine.
Who designed the new style of machine and why?

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Taking too long to cook

I purchased a new sunbeam pie maker from good guys on Sunday, made amazing lamb and pumpkin pies. However the manual says takes 15 minutes, but it was way over 30 minutes for each lot and then it took ages for the light to say ready again. Everyone says how quick it was so i called good guys and they said to return it for a replacement so will do tomorrow. Fantastic customer service from them. Will let you know the outcome as i will keep trying.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Toady, sorry to hear of the timing issues you are having with your pie maker. Just bear in mind that the 15 minute cooking time is just a guide and a lot of people prefer to cook their pies for longer. Although in saying that, 30 minutes does seem a bit too long. It may very well be that the thermostat isn't reaching temperature as quickly as it should be. Hopefully your replacement will perform to the standard you expect. If there are any further issues, please call the Sunbeam Customer Care line and we would love to assist you.thank you so much wonderful customer service at Good Guys exchanged and will try it out shortly.

Absolute rubbish

Pies are slightly to large and can only get 1 pie per slice of pastry. Alot of product wasted..
Stupid BigW Taree store won't refund my product..
Do not buy..

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Perfect pies every time

I've loved this product since the time we purchased it when we didn't have access to an oven. I don't think I would make pies in the oven after using the Sunbeam Piemaker. Pies come out perfect every time using store bought pastry. I make breakfast pies, only putting pastry on the base and using the cutter designed for the top so am able to get four pies out of every sheet. I use lots of different ingredients with beaten eggs as the base, adding zucchini, carrot, fried onion, grated cheese, spinach and bacon or adding pumpkin and Persian feta for a more tasty pie. It's another way of using up bolognaise sauce too, making the pies with both top and bottom cutters but you waste lots of pastry when cutting out the store bought sheets and need to piece bits together so as not to waste which means some pies look better than others. I've also made apple pies using store bought cans of apples and think there must be endless sweet recipes you could follow.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great for meals on the go

Have only used it to make beef pie but would be great for sweet fruit pies too. Takes a while to heat up but once ready it makes beautiful pies in 10 mins. The pastry cutter makes cutting the puff pastry much easier, and the machine is quite small in size so can fit easily in our small pantry!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

very disappointed

My old pie maker finally died of over use so I bought the new model. I hate it My family is now missing out on pies. You can only cut one pie from a pice of puff pastry and have to fiddle an roll the leftovers to avoid waste which sort of negates the quick and easy aspect. the pies are also too shallow and make a lot of mess with leakage at the top and you end up with pie that has more pastry than filling. Bring back the old model with the smaller deeper pies my family is begging you

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great appliance that takes up very little room.

We as a family go on a lot of camping trips so to make a batch of pies to take away is such a time saver and I can make a complete meal in each pie and know exactly what is in them .I love that the pie maker has its own cutters and so no guessing goes into making the pie.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Easy as pie,

Wonderful addition to our appliances. Easy process. The product comes with the pastry cutter as expected and will make a single pie per sheet of pastry, (but can produce more if I was eager enough to align the cutting tool close.

4 Good sized pies can be made at once

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Fantastic Pie Makere

This is one of the best appliances I have purchased. You can make fillings and freeze what you do not use for another time. I usually make or buy the pastry sheets and cut them to fit and freeze. I then have them on hand whenever I feel like making pies for dinner. No hassle and the recipe book which comes with it has lovely recipes although I freeze leftover stews etc and use as fillings at a later date as well. No doubt, its is the best! I love it.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

This makes the most amazing pies.

Wow, this is super easy to use, has deep dishes and cooks the pies perfect every time. It is only limited by your imagination of the type of fillings you can use. Easy to clean and stows sitting upright, I actually have it out on the bench, so I can remember to use it, what with all the other electrical appliances vying for my attention. We used it on the cold winter nights and even the snack size, is nearly as big as a normal size pie. I make a sweet one for after the main for dessert.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Yummy yummy pies

This makes a decent size pie, had an older version many years ago and you would have to have 2 pies to fill you up. One of these does the job. Cutting pastry to make the pies can be difficult from the point of view with the bottom you only get 2 bottoms out of a sheet. I stick the bits together to make more. When you can't eat the shop bought ones due to food allergies it's really nice to be able to make a pie and enjoy it like everyone else.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Great pie maker

Awesome machine. Very easy to use and clean. The pastry cutters make it easy to get the right size and shape. This maker does get very hot and i have found that it is a very fine line between a perfectly cooked pie and an over cooked one, so make sure you set a timer based on the recipe book and check at the end. Money well spent.

GREAT AND COMPACT

I love our 4 x pie maker.. its compact and easy to use.. we take it camping and weekends away. I think its also great that it came with recipe ideas for both savoury and sweet. The only recommendation would be for the base to be a little deeper to allow more ingredients - other than that - I love our purchase!

Date PurchasedJan 2017