Suunto M2

Suunto M2

See the Best Heart Rate Monitors in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Suunto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.4
    Avro
    Avro

Watch perfect,strap useless

I had a suunto two years when the strap perished. The warranty on the strap is one year. The cost of replacing the strap is almost the same as the cost of the watch.

Vanessa
    VanessaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I only like this coz of the big number display.

I use it as a basic watch, that's it. I like the simple design and it's on point when you want to know the time, very visible digits. It's not luminous so it's useless in the dark. After a year and a half, the strap broke because I slept on my wrist. I got this watch for about $45 from catch.com plus shipping and when I checked ebay for a replacement strap, it's $33 or so. I don't think it's worth it. Might as well get a new watch but I haven't found anything as cheap, simple, and spot on as this Suunto M2 yet.

peter_au
    peter_auSydney, NSW

Simple entry level HRM

Ditto what Coolahan wrote.
    Had the watch for >2yrs now.
    Basic, entry level, accurate so long as you read the instructions re belt fitting!
    Ensure it is placed correctly, contacts are WET.
    If the readings become temperamental change the batteries in both belt & watch.
    When you do that it is ESSENTIAL you check the O-ring is intact & clean.
    I didn't. It must have fallen out. Next exercise my sweat entered the module & of course wrecked it. Duh.
    Now looking for something way more upmarket (Suunto again - GREAT brand) for Alpine walking.

TammyV
    TammyVSydney

Rubbish

Totally inaccurate,keeps stopping,you need to press the button at least three times over for each command
    HUGE waste of money for what can only be used to tell the time. Don't bother if you are actually looking for a HRM

Heart Rate Monitors

Find out how Suunto M2 compares to other Heart Rate Monitors

Worst HRM I've ever had

Coolahan
    CoolahanCanberra 2600, ACT

Excellent.

It makes you enter multiple variables about yourself so the calorie count is very accurate (unlike cardio machines). I love that you can look up the average stats of your last 4 weeks workouts, and all the details of your most recent workout. Additionally, it has a good amount of features, but it is still really easy to use. There is nothing worse than a device with 3 buttons but so many functions that its impossible to work them out. This is very self explanatory.
    Belt is very comfortable, easy to use, very motivational

Epic Fail

Mitman
    Mitman

Curious if the trendmill is aware of your height/weight/bmi etc versus what you would have entered into your HRM. I'm pretty certain machines at the gym only read your
    heart rate and that's it unless you enter your build measurements.