Suunto M5

See the Best Heart Rate Monitors in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Suunto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.7

Very bad experience

Very expected gift turned out to be an item, which I can same good just throw into the garbage can, as there is no more use of it, as checking time and only occasionally pulse (when it is in the mood to show it).
    The connection with the watch drops so many times during workout, missing up to 1/4 of 1 hour workout, that I have no objective information about neither burned calories, nor average heart rate, which makes it absolutely useless.

Marcvs t Cicero

Disappointed

Baggie67
    Baggie67Perth, WA

Suunto M5

Have had this HRM for a couple of months now and I am fed up with it and will look for an alternative. I used Polar HRMs for several years and never once did I have the problem of HR connection dropping out. This time for a change I bought the M5 as I also liked the Suunto pc software. The HR dropping out during runs and workouts is really frustrating. I wish I had read more reviews before I bought, but I really thought that a company like Suunto would be able to get the basic job of connecting HR watch to HR belt done effectively. Sadly I was mistaken and will return to Polar HRM and suggest that anyone thinking of buying an M5 reconsiders as it really is not fit for purpose.

Heart Rate Monitors

Find out how Suunto M5 compares to other Heart Rate Monitors

mrspeanut
    mrspeanutSouthwest, VIC

Meh

Shane45
    Shane45SYDNEY

Got my money back

Returned the heart rate monitor and had it replaced with a new one twice before giving up and asking for my money back. The heart rate monitor failed to consistently be recognised by the watch or then did not register a heart rate. The instructions were not intuitive and I had to rely on the tutorials on You Tube to set the thing up.
    The internet based logging of activity
    Heart rate monitor would not consistently work.