??!
2 photos
TAAV Vaporaire

TAAV Vaporaire

T2000 and T2008
2.3 from 72 reviews

Unable to clean

I don't like this product. I crushed the cleaning tablets because they don't fit through the grill. I noticed mould on the base but because it's a sealed unit I can't get to the mould to clean it. I soaked in Hydrogen Peroxide and water but the mould is still there. Useless product!! I will throw it in the bin, not paying to send it back, especially after reading the other reviews.....fire!!

Purchased in March 2018 at Chemist Warehouse for $50.00.

Build Quality
Noise Level

Brilliant machine and is still working great.

Well it gets used at least once in winter for a while and has been working great for 19 years now. Best money I have ever spent. Currently being used

Purchased in July 2000 for $40.00.

Build Quality
Noise Level
Smell

Dangerous, do not buy.

The safety switch stopped working so the unit ran dry and there is a terrible electrical burning smell. I'm so relieved it didn't catch on fire in my baby's room. Do not buy this product.


Helped my newborn

We purchased this product when our 2 week old baby got a cold and had nasal congestion impacting on his ability to sleep and feed. Given he was too young to use any medications or anything else this was very helpful and has been since when he got another cold at 5-6 weeks old. It’s also helped my husband with his congestion and helped ease his snoring. A great product.


Wouldn’t recommend

Purchased this after my well used Euky Bear stopped working after many years. I liked that it was more compact & has an on/off switch on the unit. That’s where the positives stop. It’s difficult to fill without spilling & the overfill goes straight down to the electrical socket area. It doesn’t stay on all night as the cut off switch seems to come on when there is still around a quarter tank of water left. You have to cut up the cleaning tablets to get them in & there doesn’t seem to be a way to remove the lid for a proper clean. It is reasonably quiet when it operates & seems to distribute the oil smell for a while when first switched on. I’m quite disappointed & will be purchasing another brand to replace.


Faulty

Ive purchased 4 vapor pros in the last 2 years...all 4 had faulty switches after a few months and left puddles of water....chemist wouldn't refund and said I had to go through warranty card..I contacted company who wouldn't cover posting to them do they could assess.I was also told they wouldn't provide a replacement while I waited for them to assess the fault and they couldn't give a timeframe when they would assess the fault on the vaporizer. They then didn't reply to any other emails I sent.


Don’t buy

It gets way too hot burnt my son hand bad, he might need skin graph. Do not buy for any use specially for children just giving everyone some advice thanks.


Appalling

The first one lasted 6 months. Firstly the switch light failed after 1 month, then it began leaking, eventually sitting in a pool of water. Took it back to the chemist and they replaced it with another. New one doesn't work AT ALL! Makes the 5 year guarantee look a bit idiotic. Won't have another one thank you and my chemist is considering not stocking them, once they read these reviews I doubt they will. What are you doing about this TAAV?


Spitting water

I’ve used vaporisers all my life and never had any issues. This one is so dangerous as it spits boiling water. Do not leave on overnight, very loud and dangerous.


A great resource for colds & congestion

We plugged in and had a great nights sleep. Easy to clean. Used with vap. fluid, such a relief. The unit did have problems however. It was the plug in lead only. This needs to be pushed in properly. I wouldn't be without this machine now- it's stable, easy to fill & clean.


Fantastic!

After 2 weeks of lung congestion and asthma, medical treatments and not able to sleep lying down I bought the Vaporiser.
Had it going all day, and then all night. Totally cleared the chest constriction by second night. Had sleep of 7 hours which was a godsend. Thankyou, I feel human again.
I did find the reset switch and instructions not user friendly, but kept trying until it worked.


grateful for information on the reviews

just purchased was a bit of a struggle to get the cord in so thought to leave the plug in. Worked well day 1. Today it was a bit confusing when the signal didn't light up. Reading these reviews here has helped; I have now unplugged and switched off for a bit. Struggled again with the plug into the vaporiser but the light is working.


Short lifespan

After 10 days of use stopped working. When first stopped i read through the instructions that the unit need to reset after use (??) so i did wait and came on after 30 minutes. At second stop it was off for few hours and still dead. Not recommended product.


The cord brand new does not work at all

Used one daily for about two years. Brilliant for asthma control and general breathing. Unit got mouldy towards the end. Bought new one last night and the cord will not work st all. Used old cord and still works perfectly. Warning: try cord in store before purchase.


Burning electrical smell after 1 week

My 3 month old got her first cold. This product was recommended to us at chemist warehouse. The electrical burning smell started after 1 week! This product is DANGEROUS! Don't waste your money!!


Terrible

I have used this product for both of my children, and was never happy and cant believe I didn't read any reviews until now.
First vaporiser was leaking dark brown fluid from the bottom that was staining our carpet. I was worried about this and blamed myself - then went to buy another of the same product!
Worked ok for a little while but then the same brown fluid again! Together with a horrible smell which I didn't recognise, but now understand it was the burning plastic. Terrible product, very disappointing. I can't believe I purchased 2 of these products and both faulty.
I can't believe such a dangerous product would be left on the market.


Lasted one night

Brand new and only lasted one night. Started off really good.... lots of steam and scent.... but will not work at all after one nights use... just refilled it and nothing


very dangerous

When I first started using the taav vaporizer I thought it was great, I started to smell a very bad toxic burning wire smell and I opened the bottom to discover water had been leaking and all the wires were corroded, I contacted the company and they would take no responsibility instead telling me it was my fault for not cleaning it which was so untrue, I explained how it could of easily caught fire and they said it hasn't happened yet, well I can honestly say one day it will definitely happen, for your family's safety do not purchase this brand


Really bad vapourizer and service

I would really suggest you look at other brands. The item is Very noisy. Difficult to get refund the next day from chemist warehouse. Do not buy . Try another brand


Dangerous what is going on !!!

Worked fine first few goes now finding it spitting out the water I filled it up with came into a wet floor and it spitting water. Not good at all and makes it dangerous if you get up and stand on wet floor electrocution hazard


Page 1 of 4

Questions & Answers

I have a taav vaporizer pro can i get the top off to clean it? Also it keeps starting then turning off why is this
No answers

Why is my vaporiser spitting out water
1 answer
Needs cleaning like mine does. I can pop open my water container and clean it. I just rinse it and wipe out if needed. Takes a bit of effort but you should be able to do it.

My Taav Vapor Pro stops working recently. How do I claim warranty?
No answers

Details

TAAV Vaporaire T2000TAAV Vaporaire T2008
Release dateNov 2008Nov 2008

Similar listings