T2008, T2000

• Smell

Unhappy

UnhappyVictoria

Worst product conceivable

Bought one unit about a year ago and the electricity supply cable Was faulty and the switch light kept going on and off. Ditched it and bought another unit about 2 weeks ago (August 2020) and gues what ? Same issue. Utter crap I want a total refund for both units.

Purchased in August 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$48.90.

Evan

EvanSouth East Queensland, QLD

This should be recalled before ot kills someone.

I only half fill it and still spits boiling water. Ruined my carpet with boiling water spitting out. Burnt my sons hand from super hot small stream vent. Very loud and no one can sleep with it on. Safety switch doesn't work because the faulty design spits water directly to the electrical switch. I wake up with it smelling like burnt plastic because it doesn't turn off when it runs out of water. This company should recall this badly designed product before it kills someone.

Purchased in March 2018 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$69.00.

Noise Level
Smell
Sue

SueQueensland

Dangerous product and company couldn't care less

• +1

Purchased in October 2016 at Chemist Warehouse for A$79.99.

Noise Level
Smell
Vaporisers

HumphsSouth East Queensland, QLD

So far so good after 5 uses.

Very happy with this product. I was a little concerned that it might set off the internal smoke unit but it appears to be fine at this stage after 5 use

Purchased in May 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for A$43.99.

Noise Level
Smell

DANGEROUS !

Worked OK for a few months, started spurting water, soaked the carpet and a burnt smell. Cleaned and checked it only to get an electric shock.
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

Purchased in May 2019 for A$50.00.

Smell
Jet be

Jet be

5 years still working

Haven't experienced a better quality product

It's quiet lasts the night and never had to do. Anything in 5 years.

In dry and. Cold weather we. Turn. It. On. Every night

As long as you use taav inhalers it's going. To last forever

Purchased in September 2014 at Priceline for A$50.00.

Noise Level
Smell

100% Don't Recommend!

Do Not recommend this product for all the same reasons as all the other reviews...(unless of course you like the sound of a very noisy kettle bubbling and spluttering all night!)

Purchased in September 2019.

walkinstead

walkinsteadSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

So noisy

Bought this product for adult with sinus. So noisy, sounds like the kettle is boiling all night and won't shut off. Can't open to clean. I read a few reviews and nobody said it was noisy.

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for A$46.00.

Hedy

HedyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unfortunately, it stopped working well after only a few uses

After working perfectly well a few times (quiet and effective), my unit began making loud, bubbling sounds. A few times later, the bubbling sounds changed to become very loud, periodic bursts at very short intervals keeping us awake. Upon further investigation, I found my carpet soaked through and hot bubbling water running down to the on/off switch. I thought the unit needed cleaning, so I bought the Taav cleaning tablets, only to find that I couldn't fit the tablets in the grill. I looked up the Taav Pro website...and found that others have had the same experience with the bubbling over and the tablets. Can't remember what I paid for it, but that's bubbled away, for sure! I will not be buying this product again.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse.

Iggy

IggySouth East Queensland, QLD

It's my go-to vaporiser

I have tried a few different vaporizers over the years and find this one the best. Purchased from The Chemist Warehouse at Nerang QLD it is the least expensive and simply works. The plug sometimes needs a bit of a push but when it's on it provides a steady stream of mist all night helping me sleep. I think it has a 5 year warranty as well.

Chanel Forbes

Chanel ForbesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dangerous!

I used Taav for a week with my 3mo’s first cold. We woke up with the room really hazy and a burnt electrical smell. We had really dry and sore sinuses. Dangerous, don’t buy!

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

vcat11

vcat11AU

Pathetic

Lasted 2 months. Bought from chemist warehouse. Product is a pure waste of money and poorly manufactured. Cuts out 15 minutes after its powered on. Easily the worst product in the market.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$43.99.

Noise Level

Worst product !!! Don’t waste money!!

This is simply a piece of crap which smells bad while using. Also main problem with mine 2 days old purchase is, its spilling too much water out of the unit rather than steam! Not over filled still worst! So please don’t even think about to buy this product. Thanks.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$46.00.

Noise Level
Smell
Jenny L

Jenny LWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Unable to clean

I don't like this product. I crushed the cleaning tablets because they don't fit through the grill. I noticed mould on the base but because it's a sealed unit I can't get to the mould to clean it. I soaked in Hydrogen Peroxide and water but the mould is still there. Useless product!! I will throw it in the bin, not paying to send it back, especially after reading the other reviews.....fire!!

Purchased in March 2018 at Chemist Warehouse for A$50.00.

Jenny

JennySydney Surrounds, NSW

Brilliant machine and is still working great.

Well it gets used at least once in winter for a while and has been working great for 19 years now. Best money I have ever spent. Currently being used

Purchased in July 2000 for A$40.00.

Noise Level
Smell
Vaporisers

Dangerous, do not buy.

The safety switch stopped working so the unit ran dry and there is a terrible electrical burning smell. I'm so relieved it didn't catch on fire in my baby's room. Do not buy this product.

Jaimee

JaimeePerth

Helped my newborn

We purchased this product when our 2 week old baby got a cold and had nasal congestion impacting on his ability to sleep and feed. Given he was too young to use any medications or anything else this was very helpful and has been since when he got another cold at 5-6 weeks old. It’s also helped my husband with his congestion and helped ease his snoring. A great product.

Snap

SnapSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn’t recommend

Purchased this after my well used Euky Bear stopped working after many years. I liked that it was more compact & has an on/off switch on the unit. That’s where the positives stop. It’s difficult to fill without spilling & the overfill goes straight down to the electrical socket area. It doesn’t stay on all night as the cut off switch seems to come on when there is still around a quarter tank of water left. You have to cut up the cleaning tablets to get them in & there doesn’t seem to be a way to remove the lid for a proper clean. It is reasonably quiet when it operates & seems to distribute the oil smell for a while when first switched on. I’m quite disappointed & will be purchasing another brand to replace.

Faulty

Ive purchased 4 vapor pros in the last 2 years...all 4 had faulty switches after a few months and left puddles of water....chemist wouldn't refund and said I had to go through warranty card..I contacted company who wouldn't cover posting to them do they could assess.I was also told they wouldn't provide a replacement while I waited for them to assess the fault and they couldn't give a timeframe when they would assess the fault on the vaporizer. They then didn't reply to any other emails I sent.

Chloe

ChloeRosewood

Don’t buy

It gets way too hot burnt my son hand bad, he might need skin graph. Do not buy for any use specially for children just giving everyone some advice thanks.

amandeep b.

amandeep b.asked

TAAV Vaporaire

The taav vaporiser unit is leaking from down. any ideas appreciated?

Please explain further!

Priyaasked

TAAV Vaporaire

Not sure where to put the cleaning tablet. The small outlet is not big enough to insert the tablet?? Sorry if I missed something.

Humphs

I have been using my daily for some weeks now. I just wash/rinse it out every morning and every two weeks I cut a tablet in half and insert it into where I pour the water and vapor liquid.

Sue

I would assume you would need to crush them up to get them through the grills. Pretty silly considering it doesn't come apart for cleaning, but having said that, it did state on the side of the box the vapouriser came in, that no maintenance is required. Personally after my experience with this brand, i will not recommend them at all for the serious electrical risk involved. I have since bought a Vicks brand, which comes apart for cleaning and have had no issues now or over the years i have owned them in the past.

Priya

Thank you very much indeed! I thought I have missed something. Yes it is very silly that the cleaning tablet is of the same brand, but not compatible. Thanks Sue for the heads up on electrical risk in this product.

CLD

CLDasked

TAAV Vaporaire

My vaporiser has started to make a whistling sound. Is there a way to fix this? I have only used it maybe ten times.