Target Australia

Target Australia

Stephanie

Lacking in customer service resolution

I have been chasing a refund for an order, dating back from November 2020.

Multiple requests ignored on having a senior manager contact me regarding this.

Have been told my refund has been issued, yet nothing received after 3 weeks.

Afterpay transaction still showing as paid & not cancelled / refunded.

Extremely unhappy & will be taking this further to get my money back.

Order# 154280865

Stephanie

And still no contact from a manager.
This has been going on since NOVEMBER!

Phil

PhilGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Delivery service.

I don't have an issue with Target but I'll never use them again as long as they continue to use the CouriersPlease delivery service.
They made zero attempt to deliver my package and simply put a card in the letter box saying that they tried to deliver but I wasn't home...I was, all day, with the front door open. I then waited almost 48 hours for them to text me a pin and pick up address which was a 40 minute walk away ( I don't drive ) so I could go pick up my own package. It would have been much easier to shop in store. It took 9 days to get an item from a store that is a 15 minute bus trip away.
Next time I'll shop at Kmart.

Lisa J.

Lisa J.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Neat and tidy

Always neat and tidy when I visit Target. There's often more staff than actual customers. It does leave for a nice shopping experience and I'm not ever in a rush.

Pjay

PjaySydney, NSW

Worst customer service and communication

Kris

KrisSydney, NSW

Terrible returns policy

Used to be able to return everything. Now you are not allowed to return underwear or tank tops that hasnt been worn. No signage in underwear department ir at checkout about this policy. I bought some stuff fir my 12 year old daughter and have now lost $80 that I cant afford to lose because of this policy that is NOT displayed in store

Rachel C.

Rachel C.

Do not shop Target Online

Do not buy furniture or heavy items from Target Online. It will not arrive within the time-frame they ‘promise’ and they charge $39 shipping. Their customer service team is also unfriendly and cold. Go elsewhere or go in-store if you must.

Palmerston

PalmerstonNorthern Territory

Worst customer service ever!!!!

Item ordered online as website said it was unavailable in my local store. However they did have stock (website still said they didn’t) I then purchased being told that I can have a refund when it arrives for click & collect.
The item doesn’t arrive & it transpires that it’s gone to the other side of the country. I still can’t get my refund & request an investigation to trigger a refund.
I still haven’t had a refund, the investigation wasn’t started & who knows where the item is.
Customer service are offering to commence the investigation which will take another week.
Not impressed

Sarah

Sarah Perth, WA

In store purchase

Are use after pay in store they were fast efficient friendly and help me with all my needs I will definitely be shopping at target for all my shopping needs

Donnie

Donnie

Online orders are somewhat cumbersome

After ordering online and seeing that the items were available. I was afterwards bombarded with emails saying that a fair percentage of my order was in fact not available online. Also received emails saying what items were available would be coming from seperate locations interstate. I am still waiting for my refund for the items they could not supply. Just curious as to why they can take my money at the online checkout within minutes but cannot refund it in the same time, taking from 7 to 9 days.

Cheryl

CherylMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Love them BUT

Love ladies T- Shirts from target but cannot understand why the stretch around the neck, I have bn hand washing, not hanging sunglasses on the neck etc, as i buy new ones i make sure i take extreme care with them, but it continues to happen.
Love them, but need to improve quality.

Trudy

TrudySydney Surrounds, NSW

Took My Money Then Cancelled My Order

I placed an order for an "in stock" item. After the order and payment was processed I received an email only minutes later advising the item is out of stock, my order was cancelled and it would take 7 to 10 days to refund my $70. While I was able top order elsewhere and wait for the refund others may not be able to afford this and would have to wait to repurchase.

jo.mcaleer36

jo.mcaleer36Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can’t get refunds through Catch

I have been having a problem getting a refund for some clothes from Target that were sent out in the wrong size (I ordered the correct size for me, incorrect sizes were sent out with the correct size labels attached.) Target are now saying to me that they don’t have a return request which is an outright lie. Don’t shop with Target via Catch as you will have major trouble getting a refund, even though it is Targets fault the items need to be refunded. Don’t shop with them at all. I certainly won’t be again.

A tweak to this product will be a winner!!!!

Mo K.

Mo K.

Do you want to get scammed ? Use Target online

I purchased an item to be collected from the Burwood store, I made sure that the item was already in stock as I wanted to pick it up the next day.

After target charged my credit card, I got an email saying the item (which was advertised to be in stock at the store) is actually not in stock and that I have to wait several days while they source it out !!!

Now target is refusing to refund me and refusing to give a time frame, simply saying the process will take several days !

sccouple

sccoupleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Parallel Import

Bought a new Samsung A11 phone from Target Online. Tried to register it with Samsung and found out it was a parallel import from Togo Africa. FYI Google parallel imports to find what this infers.
Samsung Australia wont recognise the phone, wont register the phone, wont honor the warranty and wont offer support, spare parts, etc.
Nowhere on the Target site did they disclose this. Its not illegal in Australia, but you unknowingly lose all manufacturers support.
Beware.
ACCC says to ask the seller if a product is a parallel import. The Target chat people didnt even know what that was !!
Phone might be ok, but I pray it doesnt have problems.

A Customer

A Customer

Excessive postage charge

Was going to buy a pair of board shorts for $25 and a storage cube for $39 online at Target until the postage came up as an additional $69 - seriously? The site tells you if you spend over $45 you get free postage. Clearly not.

Bob

BobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not surprised they went broke

Dissonance

DissonancePerth

Dodgy behaviour increasing...

OldManDingo

OldManDingoSydney

Yeah, nah....

Had to wait more than 16 days past the click and collect estimate. When I did collect my items and got them home, the security tag was left on one item and I was given the wrong size of another.

Positive: The lady at the customer service counter at Broadway Target on Thursday night was super lovely despite being under the pump. I hope I get her again when I have to go back and deal with the issues above.

Also, why has Target stopped delivering to PO boxes? It's a total PIA being expected to wait for a courier at the best of times let alone when you have zero idea when they will be coming.

Kar

KarGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service

Delivery always beyond the estimated date and when I reached customer service, they react as if they going to resolve but end of the day NO requested created or no reference no created about the concerns. Useless customer service.