Tesla Powerwall 2

Tesla Powerwall 2

2.9

38 reviews · Statistics

39%11%50%
Brand Manager for Tesla Powerwall 2? Claim your listing.
See the Best Electronics in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Punky
PunkyQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts

Hasn't missed a beat

No problems since installation. My efficiency is around 85% in SE Qld (90% is claimed). Battery installed inside a north facing garage with an exterior security screen door left open (and deadlatched) to moderate temperatures in summer.
Avoid confusing the battery operation with what an energy provider may wish to do with your battery and power/solar if you choose to go down the Virtual Power Plant (VPP) path. You don't have to be part of a VPP, and will maintain greater control over your battery/grid usage if you don't.
Remember that your retailer/installer is legally responsible for warranty. Show details
Ozcurly1NSWSydney Surrounds, NSW6 posts

Non Existent Support for Powerwall

I applied for the $750 rebate 2 months ago and it is still in review when they say it should be paid within 3 weeks. I tried calling Tesla support and they have a recorded message that they do not take any calls relating to the rebate. What do you do now?? Show details
Ozcurly1

I finally got the rebate but couldn't talk to anyone. Tesla has the attitude of you just wait when issuing rebates.

Lenka D.
Lenka D.

Customer service

Bad customer service when it comes to warranty issues, they keep stalling and re-ordering the parts as they give it to other customers Show details
Meena20 posts

Tesla Powerwall 2 has been amazing have two units and have worked flawlessly

Installed by Callunn and designed / sold to me by Tom at Pure Electric two years ago. I've been cycling them daily to minimise my grid imports to zero. Combined with my electric car and my EV plan with OVO I am now getting the cheapest energy I've had in 23 years living at this address. Show details
ADSL4Q989
ADSL4Q989WAPerth, WA8 posts

Khawiz R.
Khawiz R.SAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dana Thompson
Dana Thompson

Great product until it fails

I've had a power wall for 2 yrs. In that time it has failed 3 times that required onsite repairs. Each time Tesla service has been horrible. The last repair worked for 7 days before the unit failed again. I have been waiting a month for "tier 2" customer support. Numbers calls and chats have only resulted in delaying tactics.
I would avoid this product Show details
Rick L.
Rick L.NSWSydney, NSW

Avoid TEP in NSW

For some reason, that others have also noted,
Tesla seems unable to understand that filling your battery
to 100% just before the sun rises is not correct!

Do not sign up for TEP (NSW at least) as you will be sorry.

I also recently had a problem where power was cut and the battery did not kick in.
It usually worked in the past, so I will not drop it down to 1 star. Show details

Rene
ReneQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Great battery when it works

Battery lasted only 5 months then failed.
Tesla service disgraceful. Dont care. Had to use installer to correspond with tesla to get some traction. Just one text from tesla stating the obvious that the battery failed. No further correspondence from them . Still waiting 3 months for warranty battery replacement. Would not recommend tesla due to the after sales service department. Show details
Eman
EmanCairns9 posts

Powerwall 2 Awesome user experience

I have 2 Powerwalls 2s fitted and wanted to say I should have done this sooner. I was procrastinating for over a year. The house has been 99% off Grid since install of the Tesla Power Wall 2’s along with 12.96Kw REC solar panels. Can’t describe how easy the app is and control of where and what power is used. Love it. Show details ·  1
Alex Kok
Alex KokWASouth West, WA2 posts

Discharge just been reduced to 3KW

All was good until now when charging my Tesla Model 3. I noticed that the discharge of the Powerwall to the vehicle was only 3Kw and the remaining was coming off the grid. I contacted Tesla who advised me that they decided to reduce the higher discharge from the Powerwall to increase its longevity as they have noticed some ‘swelling’ of the battery at the higher discharge. I understand the reasoning, but it’s somehow defeating the object having a Powerwall to charge your EV. Show details
Mike R
Mike RVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts
Matt
MattACTCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Terrible after sales support

Failed/died after 8 months. Service support virtually non-existant.
Go LG, would not recommend Powerwall if you want some level of battery support.
SteCNSWSydney, NSW15 posts

Stewart
StewartQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Debbie

Can anyone confirm the Tesla Powerwall can be wired up directly to the Controlled Load (dedicated Off Peak) for Grid Charging. My installer has told me NO, it has to be wired to the Peak Power Line and then I must sign-up to the more expensive Time of Use Pricing. My house has been 100% electric for 33years with Peak and cheaper Off Peak power.
I want to be able to top-up my Tesla battery with cheaper Controlled Load from grid when it's been raining and lack of solar is stored in battery, as we use about 10-12kw every night. I have seen references online that state they have their battery wired up to controlled load only. I'm in NSW. My distributor is Endeavour Energy they have told me it can be done as long as it's hard-wired (no power point). My installer is not co-operating at all as why they won't wire it to controlled load. Why are customers forced onto expensive TOU pricing if we can use cheaper Controlled Load pricing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Meena

Get it in writing from Endeavour. ie on a an email and then that should be good enough to move your installer. I would be agreeing with your installer until I saw it in writing.

JohnR
JohnR

I presently have a Powerwall 1 installed in 2017 connected to a 5Kw solar system. I am now looking at upgrading the system to 10Kw panels and a Powerwall 2. I have been advised that the original Powerwall1 and the new models of Powerwall 2 are not compatible and therefore cannot be used to "stack" the storage. Is there a way around this issue?

Daniel l.
Daniel l.
Jim K

Is the current energy locals Tesla VPP on Ausgrid network worth it? Would love some opinions of some actual users.

Maya B
Maya B
Jim K

So Tesla discharges the battery fully every single day?

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Tesla Powerwall 2? Claim your listing.