Tesla Powerwall 2

Tesla Powerwall 2

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tesla Powerwall 2? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

be very wary of TESLA

Tesla will run your house from the grid, charging you . As I type this my solar is producing more than enough and is charging my battery, BUT Tesla has control over the app and inverter, forcing my solar NOT TO run my house. There is plenty of solar and I have more than one battery, so I do not need the grid, yet I still get charged although I DO NOT WANT TO USE THE GRID.
I am not permitted to disconnect from the grid, I must pay a supply charge, although I do not want to use the grid.
DO NOT USE TESLA.
They are very good at telling you what you want to hear, and are very good at taking your money, they have made an art of it.
No one has been able to explain my screen shots clearly showing grid power in when it is NOT needed.

Losing capacity fast and no response from Tesla customer support

I have had a Tesla Powerwall 2 for 2 years and it is down to a discharge capacity of 10.9 KWh. It is rated at 13.5 KWh and the warranty is for it to have 70% of original capacity at 10 years. As it is already under 80% capacity at just 2 years old I have called my installer to investigate and they advised it is a Tesla issue. I have since emailed Tesla customer support on multiple occasions. I have received NO RESPONSE.

If the capacity degradation continues at the current rate I will force Tesla to replace the Powerwall 2 as soon as it drops bellow 70% as per their warranty. I am disappointed that a supposedly premium product has so little after sales support.

Purchased in April 2019 for $13,500.00.

Big Tree
Big TreeHunter Region, NSW

Wow... just wow.

Purchased in June 2020 at AHE Group for $11,500.00.

Greg Hudson Melb Vic
Greg Hudson Melb VicGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does my power co (AGL) dislike my Powerwall 2...

Purchased in December 2020 at Tesla.

Kapitoshka
KapitoshkaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Most versatile battery on the market

Purchased in March 2019 at Keen 2B Green for $12,450.00.

Mike F.
Mike F.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Simply excellent!

RiaAdelaideMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great when it works

Purchased in July 2018.

Oldsalt
OldsaltMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Didn't get to first base.

Brian G
Brian G

Tesla Powerball 2

After 3 months of operation I find there has been a substantial reduction in my power bill. I have not changed my usage habits but electricity bill has gone down substantially .
Brian G.

Euan S
Euan STweed Heads

One year of Powerwall 2

Alex Dobes
Alex DobesMelbourne

Good hardware, not happy with the software

Hybridfreak
HybridfreakSydney

It is a dream product

Got my Tesla Powerwall 2 installed just in time for the summer solar year season.
It exceeds my most positive expectations..
Connected with my 4 Kw PV system export to grid is down to 2 Percent of output.
I am self sufficient by 75 percent.
The Tesla can give 5 Kw back instantly.
It can take 3.8 Kw to recharge quickly.
It runs empty nearly every night.
The Gateway information on my Mobile keeps me entertained all day.

Robert G
Robert GSydney, NSW

Great product when it works

Installed for over 12 months and with constant interruptions mainly due to incorrect installation. The phone app is used for control of the system is great, but is not working and I have been told could take them 2 months to get around to repair. They seem to have a lack of people in their service area. Previously a man traveled from Adelaide to repair system.

Great battery, good installers and better support than most companies

My Powerwall 2 has been installed for 10 months and has been working well. The installers did an excellent job and, when the unit needed to be replaced, it was Tesla's telemetry that identified that there was a problem. Replacement took a few months but the unit remained fully functional. I can't think of another company that has done this - you have to chase most companies to get warranty work done.

Electricity bills are now negative for most of the year and our frequent blackouts are a thing of the past. Highly recommended for those who suffer a lot of power outages but probably not there yet as a money saver.

Sylvia ElseAU

Even the limited control can be broken by Tesla at a moment's notice

By altering the amount of energy reserved for backups, I'd managed get this thing to provide power when it's most valuable. Well, until today, when Tesla made some quite unnecessary changes to the firmware. Who owns this battery? Do I or does Tesla? I thought I did. Maybe I'm wrong. If I had to make the decision again, I'd avoid any product that's tied so tightly to its manufacturer, and whose functionality can be changed by the manufacturer without my permission after I've paid for it.

Sylvia Else

This is escalating, and Telsa appear to have removed from their forum a commentary I made on taking them to the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal. Apparently the forum exists so that they can control comment.

Megan H.
Megan H.asked

Is your Powerwall capable of running any sort of air conditioning system in your homes?

RiaAdelaide

Yes it is but it depends on the size and how long you run it. My little bedroom air-conditioner would most likely be able to be run all night off the battery including all of the other things in the house like the fridge etc. That little Aircon would be drawing about 1 kW an hour. But my big whole house air-conditioner would drain the battery in about two hours. That is because it draws between five and 6 kW Per hour. So it will depend on what size Aircon you want to run and how long do you want to run it for.