The Body Shop

See the Best Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mahnaz A.

Mahnaz A.Narrabundah 2604, ACT

Body shop Canberra centre- A must place for gifts

I was greeted with a friendly smile as soon as I entered. A promotion was going on and a team member was explaining how to avail it. All the members were team focussed and the store had a huge range of Christmas gifts. A beautifully decorated store

Date PurchasedDecember 2019
Store LocationCanberra centre

Madmamabear

MadmamabearWanniassa 2903, ACT

Worst experience ever

Date PurchasedNovember 2019

Cancelled order - very disappointed

Placed an order for a gift pack with $130 worth of products in it. Money was taken out of my account and I received a delivery confirmation via email. 2 weeks later, my order still hadnt arrived. Received a phone call and said they didnt not have my products and would be cancelling my order. There was zero alternatives given to me ie replacement with different products or checking in stores to see if they had the gift packs. Worst shopping experience ever. How a large company can run out of stock of generic items they sell like creams/scrubs is beyond me. They would rather cancel orders than offer alternatives or help in any way. Beware when buying online.

Rita K.

Rita K.South East Queensland, QLD

Dissapointed

I went to the body shop to get my favourite white musk oil,i used to wear it years ago and loved it,just did not have the money to get it all the time,so when i went to get it at the body shop chermside,how dissapointed i was ,the bottle was changed and i did not mind that,but you have completely taken away the beautifull aroma and smell of white musk oil, i could not even smell anything like it used to be.left and bought nothing,very disappointing body shop,bring back the 80 smell of white musk.

Bad customer service in Toowoomba

I took my daughter in to the Toowoomba store to buy foundations and extras, I told Khadijoah this and to give her the full treatment. Upon this she looked at me and ignored my daughter, I asked again for Khadijoah to serve my daughter then she proceeded to do so. Khadijoah went to put foundation on top of what my daughter was already wearing for a colour match. i believe Khadihoah was not interested in customer service and showed she did not care. My son in law had the same bad experience the day before as no one was interested and helping him select a gift for his wife

Date PurchasedAugust 2019
Store LocationToowoomba

EHHHH

Great hand cream, very soft on the hands. However, because the smell is so delicious i wanted a taste. I feel sick. Do not succumb to their ploys, they will get you in the end. Good cream though.

Lonnie24

Lonnie24Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Perfect Face Wash

I was given The Body Shop Carrot Wash as a gift. As you would expect the wash is orange in colour. It’s made from ‘wonky’ out of shape carrots grown in the UK. This all natural face wash works well to cleanse the face of makeup without drying the skin out.

Daniella T.

Daniella T.Sydney, NSW

Reliable, ethical and actually works!

The physical store I go to is always top quality customer service from the moment I walk in the door. The product range itself is outstanding with real ingredients that do real things. My current favourites are the charcoal mask and the tea tree oil facial toner. Never fails to impress me and I’m looking forward to trying new products.

rosie

rosieBondi junction

Broken lid product

I have a membership card of the body shop that meant I like their products. However, last few days I bought their sleeping mask and eye mask. Disappointed when got home cause I found out the lid of the sleeping mask broken. I ended up asked for replacement, but I been refused due to I did not have the receipt. However, they have my membership card that shows all details as an online receipt. I ended up wasted time, no any replacement from them. I will not support them anymore and I will let all my friends know about this experience.

Date PurchasedJanuary 2019
Store Locationqvb
Yaren

YarenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Foundation Failure

I had gone in to buy a foundation for my acne prone skin, and was told that the fresh nude foundation would be perfect for oily skin. When I applied this foundation it was the most greasy and wet looking foundation I have ever used. Does not even stay on the skin. Really Really Disappointing

Love these products!

The store in Stocklands in Townsville, is conveniently situated right next to where I work, the ladies there are absolutely amazing, SO nice and ALWAYS so helpful. The products I bought were the tea tree anti imperfection night mask, I love that I can apply it at night before I go to sleep and not have to worry about taking it off, added bonus that it does my skin wonders! I also bought the Himalayan charcoal mud mask, i love that I can actually feel lit working on my skin. And my skin always feels amazing after scrubbing it off. I would highly recommend these two products, and the ladies at the Townsville shop in stocklands will go the extra mile to help you find the right product for you.

Lego Rules

Lego RulesSydney

Not so natural afterall

After many, many years of always associating the Body Shop with cruelty free & community traded product ingredients, it occurred to me to read the ingredient list on the products I currently own. I am disappointed to find that they are NOT natural, as we are all lead to believe (congratulations marketing company, job well done). I can't complain about specific products but I just feel duped. If you are at all concerned about using natural products, then these guys are not for you.

Winster

WinsterSydney

Expensive skincare products

S. Li

S. LiSunshine Coast

horrible & no cortesy to customers

Don't go there! Cannot response on time and no courtesy to customers. I loved the Body Shop before and spend lots of money, but not anymore!
There are other organic / ethical business selling beauty products. You will be better off going those place!

Disy

DisyIllawarra, NSW

Product

I wentvto t he body really lovely products i selected 4 items and will use as i love ther products use them all the time.

Miss.Therese

Miss.Therese

Love The Body Shop

K McC

K McCGold Coast

Online orders are charged twice

I ordered online and paid with PayPal, I was charged twice for the order and contacted the company.
They "happily" advised that when you place an order they reserve the funds and then charge again when the order is shipped. You then need to wait 2-5 days for your initial funds to be released. If the funds aren't released I would then need to contact PayPal myself.
I shop online all of the time and have never experienced this before, I don't know how they are allowed to charge twice for an order or to expect customers to have twice the amount available in their account and wait 2-5 days to get it back.
Just a warning for anyone ordering from them online!

Mary

MaryNORTH MACKAY

Terrible customer service

Have shopped at Body Shop for many years however on my last 2 visits have encountered rude sales assistants. Products aren't that good that I will put up with that - lost me as a customer forever.

November 22nd 2018 Update: Still terrible customer service

After writing a review and contacting the Body Shop in October I received an email saying how sorry they were and that they had forwarded my complaint to the retail field team and would let me know when they received a reply. Over a month later and no further communication - big fail Body Shop. Shows they have no care or concern.

Adore this store

Exceptional service, and great quality product. The body shop offers quality product and has a good ethos. I haven't yet come across a product I didnt like and i've been shopping there for years . I recommend the moringa products (hand cream especially) and the white musk perfume oil. So devine

Coops

CoopsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Be careful with returns policy

Lyn G

Lyn Gasked

I recently purchased some exfoliating gloves and was disappointed to find that they no longer have a loop for hanging. Will these be replaced? I always hang mine on a hook in the shower and found this very convenient. Normally would buy several pairs at a time but resisted due to the change in the hope that the loops will return.

Celine Gan

Celine Ganasked

Yesterday I bought THE BODY SHOP Lip &Cheek Stain Shade.It's on sale 70% did not check the product MFD.Just found out the product MFD is Jul 2015.It is safe to use?

Prathyusha Dayananda

Prathyusha Dayanandaasked

I bought the body shop's Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet a week ago. It's making my already dry skin more dry and flaky. You can literally see the skin peeling off. Will it get better or should I stop using the product?

Pd off big time
Pd off big time

I am no expert but absolutely stop using the product and go straight back to the store.

Neeta
Neeta

I am also using vitamin E cleanser with day and night cream. I wanted to fix my dry skin. Went in for the skin test today after using the cream for past few months. Hydration % dropped form 35 to 20 and skin went even more dry. Not worth paying that much for no progress instead making skin worser

Get an answer from our members and The Body Shop representatives