The Renovator Multi Tool

The Renovator Multi Tool

Deluxe kit, Mega Kit and Standard kit

Looks good

purchased this from BIG W when they stocked this kit, when't to use it for only the third time last
week and it ceased to operate, rang the number where you advertise your ladders,the person
whom I spoke with could only quote the warranty terms when i asked if they are still available said it was
a discontinued item, have the whole kit without anything to power it,and no chance to replace or
repair the unit at a reasonable price

Purchased in June 2014 at Big W Retail Stores for $133.00.

The multitool is awesome

When used properly the uses for this tool are wide and varied. The projects I have used it for were made easier by the versatility of this tool which I have used for carpentry when I had to build a frame to screw Gyprock to on the walls of my house. It is also very handy for cutting aluminium sheet. Tony.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Wish I'd never bought it.

The vibration tool never worked properly. First a small spring washer fell off so got a new one & then a spring fell out. I do not know where it came from & cannot use it anymore. Was a complete waste of money especially for a Pensioner. It is now out of warranty.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Waste of money

Had this multi tool product from Renovator..looks good on tv but in real world very cheap use of material...gets worn out in few use..highly recommended not to buy renovator brand...also bought roller kit for painting...easyier to use normal roller kit..which cost only $10... also disappointing result...Buy trusted brand like Makita or Bosch..

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Junk

Got one given to me so far it only blinks red and green light it won’t work at all just rubbish don’t want it it’s made of poor plastics and accessories just look cheap quality put it together to use the small chuck bolt wouldn’t release the attachment lol just hope they can get a refund don’t want it replaced.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Rubbish

Bought 2 yrs ago for a xmas present from high st tv..warranty not explained on length..apparently only 1yr...now selling with additional warranty with extra cost. Used 3 times...now motor keeps cutting out. Unable to use...unable to return...high st not interested..no where in UK to repair. Made in China/New Zealand. Wasted £130

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Terrible Service

Website advertises "phone our service team for accessories & parts" I need a replacement oscillating washer for my renovator which is completely useless without it and was told to search eBay or Amazon which advertised no parts - pathetic after sales service not interested once they have your money will not deal with them again

Date PurchasedMar 2017
I have found that other similar products provide after sales service and spare parts shop around before wasting money on a renovator

High pressure sales

I rang just to find a price for the drill kit, they wanted to know all my details including the type of credit card I own (I said no). I was eventually put through to a salesperson and Wow, talk about high pressure sales, he wouldn’t stop! I said I had only rung to find the cost and he started questioning me and became quite agitated. When I said I wouldn’t buy it just yet he laughed and me and hung up abruptly. I will never buy any product from this company!!!! Shame on you Renovator, high pressure sales take advantage of those who are easily pushed, and then I read these real reviews and it appears your product is rubbish too : (

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Does it all drill bits - what a heap of rubbish

The Does it all Drill bits do not perform anything like shown on the TV. Stainless steel absolutely destroys them (they melt the tip off and the shaft melts with it), they eventually manage to wear their way (not drill) through other metals, completely useless on cured concrete, work OK on soft brick and mortar (which is all I use them for now), I could chew through wood faster and I have not been game to even try them on glass. Some of the points are not centered so the bits vibrate a lot.

I have not tried to claim the destroyed bits under warranty as I do not want the same garbage again.

Definitely would not recommend this product unless you like wasting your money.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

The renovator not as good as the add shows

Bought it as the tv advert at Mitre 10 showed it could do all sorts of things , well the vibration from it made my hands go numb after a while, the tools on the end would continuously go loose as the screw would come undone. Bought the delux set at a huge cost they go blunt very easily, wont cut nails or pipe, cheap and nasty for the expense. The pads for sanding fall off after about 5 minute, completely useless for this. Cutting wood caused the product to burn and or turn brown only good for putting in sockets for power. Lasted a long time over the 2 years and did some hard blunt work, went to use it this morning and dead. Go for a cheaper version as its not worth the cost , wont be buying from this crowd againt .

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Useless! Don’t waste your money.

These spanners are made from cheap soft unhardened steel. They break easily. My first use was to try one on a tow ball nut (it was brand new towball and the nut wasn’t seized or overly tight). Anyway the spanner fell apart in my hands after only a quarter turn!

Also don’t be fooled by the fake 5 star reviews from the TV marketing “review sites”...they are stacked with ridiculously fake positive reviews. You’ll be very sorry if you purchase this spanner set. Totally useless!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Was advertised to use on toe ball but was no better than tow ball spanner bitter grip sliped?

Not good does not grip slips as normal tow ball spanner better. As states can use on a toe ball to tighten or loosen but it slips as mi toe ball spanner better as tried it several time but still no better.

Date PurchasedMar 1998

Price of product is unexpectedly high.

Cost of the "special offer" was $329.95 - very expensive. I rang after seeing "special offer" on TV. Postage and handling is $29.95 - so the tool cost is $300. This is the "normal" kit + the "special offer" of the second set of 4 spanners. Don't know if the quality is good or bad, but at $300 - I find that a bit pricey. If the kit was closer to $100, maybe, but not $300.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Had to cancel order 2 months later

Ordered the better grip in November and was assured items would arrive by Christmas, cancelled order after 6 weeks as item had not arrived. Customer service very hard to contact.
Said item not available by saw it later still advertised on tv.
Rang customer service many times, very frustrating
Very

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Better grip? Than what?

This tool is compared to shifter spanner in the tele ads, which is a butcher mechanic tool at best. You will never get it in a space where you need a socket or ring spanner. None of the examples would be seriously tight, or "completely rounded". Read the other reviews

Date PurchasedJul 2017

great tool, poor backup

This is a great and handy tool, have had it for many years. have been trying to buy replacement parts for months now and the backup service is an absolute joke. you cannot order parts online, they give you a number that is for sales only, then transfers you to someone that has no idea, takes your details and never rings you back. quicker to buy a more off the shelf reputable brand that supports its product.

Date PurchasedJun 2006

Rubbish

First purchase, used once and it broke. Took it back, got a replacement, second use it broke, completely dead. I have stored it in the only place suitable, the bin. Both units also got so hot to the touch that it was dangerous. Cheap product would never buy renovator brand anything again.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Absolute waste of money

First 5 minutes 6 mms collect fell to pieces so now unusable going to try and get a refund tomorrow. My advice is to not buy this tool you can not buy parts for it either.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Chinese junk...

Speed changes when it wants, accessories are awful quality and dangerous, terrible to control, used twice now binned, do not buy this. There's a reason why shops don't stock this. Delete shopping channels from your tv and buy a brand name you recognise, this product is awful and dangerous.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

crap

was bought as a present used twice broke bits total rubbish don't waste your money look for any other tool that stands up to working harder wish I could return it as waste of money cant buy any spares for it total crap tbh mum wasted her cash forsure. company never returns emails

Date PurchasedJan 2017

I have this saw but don’t seem to do laminate floor properly what bit do I need to use?
Are you using the right blade. I use the bimetal blade for almost everything. The half circle bimetal blade will give straight cut, just take your time. Tony.I used my renovator twice to cut a hole in plaster to fit a a dual power outlet all was fine, but next time I tried to use it it ceased to work, left with a whole kit and a power motor which does not work, rang them on 1800799799 told it was out of warranty, would not advise an address to return and find out if could be repaired met a brick wall, cheap product and disgusting service to match, Keith

Why does my renovator vibrate so much that your hands are numb after using it, why does it get so hot cutting skirting boards,& why so loud the tool is so noisy you can hardly hear yourself think not real good when your at a customers house. many thanks Steve..
You have the speed set too high and you are probably applying too much pressure. I use the bimetallic blade for nearly everything. There is a dial on the handle that increases and decreases the speed. Hope this helps. I have used and abused my renovator and it wont die. Cheers Tony.

renovator powered up lasted few seconds then stopped blinking red light,all vents are clear motor moving freely so unsure what it can be anyone know of a fix? also ima based in the uk checked for a repair website but no luck
My renovator tool only lasted about 45 minutes and ceased to work,not a tool I use everyday it was out of warranty, I rang the number advertising there ladder and asked for a delivery address to return it for inspection to find if it could be repaired,, no go was treated like I had leprosy so much for there products.