Tripcover

Very helpful and fast response

Our flight was cancelled by the airlines due to Covid-19 restrictions, and true to the statement on their website, we were able to cancel our policy and approved for the refund.

DestinationNew Zealand
Anne and Roger

Anne and RogerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast response!

During Covid-19, Trip Cover made it so easy to make a change at the last minute with our policy as our trip was cancelled due to a border closure, so we didn't lose any of our holiday money. We've used them for many years (much cheaper excess reduction car insurance than with a hire company). Thanks Trip Cover!

Awesome service!

Great value and excellent service. Had to lodge a claim once and it was approved and processed the very next day! No hassle and no back and forth. Got the money in my account the following day!
Highly recommended

Claim DateAugust 2020

Tim

TimHobart, TAS

Hassle free, cheap, 3rd party auto insurance

I've used Tripcover's 3rd party rental car insurance a few times now and it's just so easy. One time I had to lodge a claim and it was my first time ever making an insurance claim so I was bit unsure how hard it would be, but far out it was so easy! I filled out a form explaining the incident and damage (100% my fault), attached the rental documents, and had a full refund of my out-of-pocket expenses (minus an administrative $50 or so that the rental company charged me) within a couple of weeks. Highly recommended.

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019

Review collected in partnership with Tripcover

doric005 Melbourne

doric005 MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Tripcover - look no further!

I have been using Tripcover for the past year, for around 8 rental car bookings. Tripcover ticks all the boxes when it comes to (a) value for money - it really does offer the cheapest rates for reducing car rental excess insurance as it is up to 50% cheaper than it's competitors; (b) online ease of use - the portal is straightforward, easy to use with information clearly outlined; (c) Fast to use - the layout is logical and simple to understand so you can get through the task of purchasing insurance very quickly - saving time and frustration.
Do yourself a favour and try out Tripcover. Definitely a 10/10 and highly recommended

Review collected in partnership with Tripcover

Robert Melbourne

Robert MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Tripcover - HIGHLY recommended

Professional. A Customer Won For Life

We have to cancel our policy due to the COVID 19 travel restrictions.
The company refunded in full despite I am months past the 14 days cooling period.
Will recommend Tripcover to my friends and certainly Tripcover will be my FIRST choice when all is clear and we are able to travel again.
Thanks again for your kind understanding

DestinationNew Zealand
Insurance Cover ForAdult, Child and Teenager

Trustworthy company

Unfortunately we had to cut our trip short due to coronavirus. We returned our camper van early and tripcover refunded the unused days of our policy. This company stepped up and did the right thing during this time of crisis! (unlike let’s go motorhomes.) We will definitely use tripcover again!

Kaylee

KayleeCentral Queensland, QLD

Fabulous customer service

I had to cancel my trip due to coronavirus and received a quick refund on my travel insurance. When things get back to normal and I can travel again, I will definitely support this company. Very professional and helpful.

Tony

TonyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very pleased with refund process

I had to cancel my hire car cover due to coronavirus and I received a swift refund, much appreciated.
Very professional and trustworthy to deal with , prompt replies and friendly service.

Steve M

Steve M

Great Hire Car Insurance

Ultra competitive price , miles cheaper than using the hire car company and wonderful service if the need arrises to claim. I had to cancel my insurance due to a trip being cancelled due to COVID 19 and received a refund without any problems. Would recommend in a heart beat.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateMarch 2020
Daphne Andersen

Daphne AndersenPerth, WA

Great service in difficult times

Thanks very much for the quick response and refund of the hire car insurance that we did not require after our travel plans were disrupted by the current Covid19 crisis. It was much appreciated.

Insurance Cover ForSenior
Alan

AlanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great response and good rates

i originally used Tripcover as their rates were great. But having to cancel my cover due to the Corona Virus, they were very responsive and refunded my premium very quickly. I'll definitely be supporting them in the future. Thanks Tripcover!

Type of ClaimOther
Claim DateMarch 2020

Fast communication and result

I had a rental car policy but had to cancel the trip due to the COVID-19 situation. I emailed the company not asking nor expecting a refund, but to tell them I wouldn't be using the policy. I was offered a refund without question. A bit of calm in the storm.

Lynne13

Lynne13Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Excellent service and support

I purchased rental car excess insurance policy early March before Coronavirus became a big issue for travel. I contacted Tripcover to enquire if a refund was possible, yes processed promptly.

Find out how Tripcover compares to other Travel Insurance

Exemplary communication, great value policies

Despite the companies reasonable Terms & Conditions, we had to cancel (due to Covid 19) at very short notice. Communication on a weekend evening was within 2 minutes and no hesitation re refund. Why can't all service industry be like this! Thanks very much

Wonderful Service

Not long after I paid for a Tripcover rental car policy I was offered a friend's car at my destination. I emailed my cancellation at 1:30 on a Saturday afternoon and got an acknowledgement an hour later. Now that's real service! My husband and I have used Tripcover in the past. We'll certainly continue to use them in the future.

Chris Jones

Chris JonesSydney, NSW

Great customer service

Needed to cancel the policy, were very understanding and fast refund, would definitely recommend and will use again for our trip, fantastic customer service and communication, policy details were clear and concise on coverage and very competitive price,

starof67AU

Tripcover - Great Peace of Mind!

We used Tripcover whilst driving around Ireland. It was easy to purchase through the app, and was considerably cheaper than anything the car rental companies could offer. Thanks Tripcover for great value for money. We have used Tripcover many times before this in Australia (never needing to claim) but very happy to have better options other than the car rental companies and happy we were able to use while overseas.

DestinationEurope
Nona   I go now

Nona I go nowAU

Bought cover I didn't need - cancellation was quick

I was a bit too quick in completing application for Excess/Luggage insurance (for windscreens, tyres, underbody etc). This was the cover I thought I needed.
However on checking further, Hertz USA doesn't have these exclusions, so the policy was not needed. Tripcover's cancellation was fast, same day.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

David C

David Casked

Excellent service from a company with a great excess reduction insurance product.

Correct. :)

This is not the review section David just the question section.

Peter

Peterasked

can I get a quote for an excess of $5000?

No sorry we only have $4000, $6000, & $8000 policies

Gareth Jasked

Im planning a trip to Austrailia for a wedding. I want campervan excess cover of between $5000-$7000 AUD.
My trip is from 11 Sep 20 to 6 Oct 20 (25 days) and although I will be parked at various camp-sites between Cairns and Brisbane during this period, I will be driving between camp-sites. I'm an Institute of Advanced Motorist (HGV Trained) and never had a "at fault" accident in my 33 years of driving but you cannot rule out a Kangaroo jumping out in front of you in Austrailia. Can I get cover for the whole excess?

Hi Gareth,

You’ll have to get in contact with tripcover direct, maybe via email and they will answer all your questions.

Hi Gareth yes we can cover you we policies for up to $4000, $6000 or $8000

Gareth J

Thank you both. I have looked into this and the saving I will be making over the hire companies nil excess policy will be over $1200. The extra holiday cash in my pocket will be spent on local ativities whilst touring in Austrailia and I will be giving $200 to the Fire Damage Fund as a token of my appreciation to you both. Can't wait for the start.

Get an answer from our members and Tripcover representatives