Tripcover

• Incentivised Review Yes (7%) · No (93%)

Chris JonesSydney, NSW

Great customer service

Needed to cancel the policy, were very understanding and fast refund, would definitely recommend and will use again for our trip, fantastic customer service and communication, policy details were clear and concise on coverage and very competitive price,

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationAustralia
Insurance TypeSingle Trip

starof67AU

Tripcover - Great Peace of Mind!

We used Tripcover whilst driving around Ireland. It was easy to purchase through the app, and was considerably cheaper than anything the car rental companies could offer. Thanks Tripcover for great value for money. We have used Tripcover many times before this in Australia (never needing to claim) but very happy to have better options other than the car rental companies and happy we were able to use while overseas.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEurope
Insurance TypeSingle Trip
Nona   I go now

Nona I go nowAU

Bought cover I didn't need - cancellation was quick

I was a bit too quick in completing application for Excess/Luggage insurance (for windscreens, tyres, underbody etc). This was the cover I thought I needed.
However on checking further, Hertz USA doesn't have these exclusions, so the policy was not needed. Tripcover's cancellation was fast, same day.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
leon

leonSydney, NSW

Its good deal

Using trip cover couple times, never claim; no sure its good or not; just paid money for insurance. wish never used it. 4 days paid $44 cover $4000 insurance. only 1%

Geoff

GeoffMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

highly recommend

The website is excellent. It is clear and easy to follow. This is a great way to find protection over insurance excesses. It is my first time and I would definitely use it again.

Janabelle

Janabelle

Well worth taking out this car rental excess cover

I have used this site for several years (thankfully without having to make a claim), but it is worth it for ease of mind and so much cheaper than the car rental companies offer. The website is super easy to use and all the paperwork comes through via email straight away. It is reassuring to know that should we be in the unfortunate position of having to pay the car hire excess fee, that we can then claim this back from Tripcover.me

Review collected in partnership with Tripcover

I didn't know about this site before so I'm glad I found it. It was easy to use and I saved some money!

This site is worth the small amount of extra time as the final cost for insurance cover was 50% less compared to the rates offered by the Car Rental companies themselves. Even better they offered a small discount form the advertised price when using the TripCover web-site.

Barry

BarryHunter Region, NSW

Great value. Brilliant customer service.

Been using Tripcover for two years. Never needed to make a claim but any queries fixed up in less than 24 hours, anytime of the day or night. Brilliant customer service. Wouldn't waste money at the car rental counter on the same insurance at 4-5 times the cost.

Problem solved!

I recommend TripCover. Competitively priced vs rental companies. (Haven't had to claim yet.)

I had an issue where PayPal charged me but I never received insurance certificate. Initially difficult to contact, but Tripcover sorted out.

Desmond S.Tripcover

We do have another plan for drivers under 25 Dan. Thanks for the kind review.

Pen

PenNew South Wales

Something to watch out for!

MOnnie J

MOnnie JSydney, NSW

Better than buying at rental desk!

I bought many times for domestic and international rentals. Website is easy to navigate and can contact company online and cancel within 14 days cooling off. Purchased for more than ten rentals over four years. Convenient, well priced and efficient service!

David

David

Good value

Good value have been with your company for apx 40 years no complaints not happy with charges by hire companies (when you have never had a claim and have a good driving record regards David Mckay

Trudy der Kinderen

Trudy der KinderenSydney, NSW

WHY A REVIEW?

Why are so any people putting on a review when they haven't made a claim??? Sure its cheaper and no problem to get cover but the REAL TEST comes when making a claim and that's where you read about people being out of pocket sometimes to the extent that it may have been better to take out the car rental insurance instead. I find these 'non event' reviews really annoying and pointless!

Desmond S.Tripcover

Great service and excellent communication

Max and I are now back in England following our motorhome holiday around Western Australia for the past three months.

I just wanted to thank you for providing the reassurance of your policy. We had no mis-haps but it was great to know you were there to cover us if we had!

We'll definitely be doing more motorhome holidays and will contact you again for insurance.

Kind regards,
Shannan and Max

Thanks guys

That was an easy decision

Cheaper than the excess cover offered by car-hire company, and the cover offered was easy to understand. The two options available from TripCover gave reasonable choice as well. Recommended service.

ScigerSydney

Makes hiring a car affordable.

I've used this insurance several times before to hire vehicles in Australia. It costs about $8 per day and covers windscreen damage etc which gives me peace of mind. The only problem is I needed $5000 excess but the only options were $4000 or $6000.

Desmond S.Tripcover

Yes correct Sciger, which means you could take out the $4000 cover and carry the $1000 liability or the more expensive $6000 and be over insured. Thanks very much for the review and your feedback and will be taken on board, and passed on to Allianz.

Sciger

Yes, I took out the $4000 cover so will risk the $1000 liability in the event something were to happen. Beats the rental company's insurance.

Review collected in partnership with Tripcover

Excellent option to insure your excess

I only discovered this option of insurance recently on the internet. Easy to use and get the cover. As far as the convenience of been insured this works well. I haven't had a claim to see how that works !!George

LynC

LynCAU

Purchase was quick and easy - great customer service

I have only just purchaed the policy, not needed to claim at all but customer service was great after an initial little bit of confusion with how long I needed cover for. I contacted the service centre via email to clarify and Des was great. Below is the text from an email that I sent him after he looked after my query.

"You are a legend Des, thank you so much. I was not expecting to get the extra day for free, but I guess this is why Choice magazine recommends your company. I will most certainly be recommending you guys to friends and family and never again will I take out the expensive insurance with the hire car company."

Fergus Young

Fergus YoungAuckland, New Zealand

Take Note of possible Out of Pocket costs if you do have to claim

Insurance claim madeYes

Ian

Ian

So far so good

Easy to understand information. Better cover than that provided by the rental companies. A little pricey for 2 days cover ($57.56). Bought cover for $6000 (domestic) becuase all the rental companies excess was more than $4000. Website wouldn't accept my Frequent Flyer number.

Gareth Jasked

Im planning a trip to Austrailia for a wedding. I want campervan excess cover of between $5000-$7000 AUD.
My trip is from 11 Sep 20 to 6 Oct 20 (25 days) and although I will be parked at various camp-sites between Cairns and Brisbane during this period, I will be driving between camp-sites. I'm an Institute of Advanced Motorist (HGV Trained) and never had a "at fault" accident in my 33 years of driving but you cannot rule out a Kangaroo jumping out in front of you in Austrailia. Can I get cover for the whole excess?

Hi Gareth,

You’ll have to get in contact with tripcover direct, maybe via email and they will answer all your questions.

Hi Gareth yes we can cover you we policies for up to $4000, $6000 or $8000

Gareth J

Thank you both. I have looked into this and the saving I will be making over the hire companies nil excess policy will be over $1200. The extra holiday cash in my pocket will be spent on local ativities whilst touring in Austrailia and I will be giving $200 to the Fire Damage Fund as a token of my appreciation to you both. Can't wait for the start.

Vladimir

Vladimirasked

I am 76 years old. Can I still get cover ?

Chris Jones

You need to check with Tripcover

No sorry Vladimir the Allianz policy only goes up to 75

Edmundasked

My car rental access is 6000. I already took up a travel insurance which cover my car rental access up to 2500. Can I just take up the 4000 access package to have full coverage?

Desmond S.Tripcover

Sure Edmund, and when claiming you just inform Allianz and they work out how to reimburse you.
They just don't want you doubling dipping.

Edmund

So, assuming if I have to claim the full AUD 6000. I will claim 2500 from my travel insurance and Tripcover will paid the remaining 3500 to me?

Desmond S.Tripcover

Yes something like that all insurance providers talk, I believe and come up with a solution, you can read more in our PDS https://tripcover.com.au/Allianz_Tripcover_Policy.pdf

Get an answer from our members and Tripcover representatives