2Tripcover

92% · 1274 · 3%

Competitive rates
Responsive customer support
Flexible to changing plans
See the Best Insurance in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Trish
Trish

Great service!!

I booked and paid for excess removal insurance on a car and was charged twice - so I cancelled the policy. I then had a confirmation of the refund with an explanation that I was charged twice because I initially tried to pay with a card not accepted. Had Des not taken the time to email me ... I would never have known. Thank you Tripcover.
Peter W
Peter W

Always what I expect

Trip cover is fast and easy to do on the spot and when a flight and trip were cancelled they were just as easy to get a refund for the unused cover.
Lim
Lim

Fast Response and Great Value-Adder

Des Sherlock assisted us on my request professionally and provided the help we need.
Thanks a brunch, like my earlier review 3 years back, Tripcover is our First Choice to go for Excess Coverage
FlamedTofu
FlamedTofuVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC10 posts

New terms of service are dodgy

I have used TripCover for years, I went to use them again and something made me double check the PDS, there is now a new clause stating that you must take out the minimum excess insurance offered by the rental company for the policy to be valid, additionally the max excess is now $3000, this is very misleading and I hope this review saves someone taking out a policy thinking they are covered when infact they will have no cover at all
Tripcover   DM

As long as you are in Australia or New Zealand as you need to do is have the standard cover that every car rental company needs to provide and the cover you purchase from us will cover the vehicle's excess.

shannanlouise
shannanlouise2 posts

Excellent Claims process

TripCover were excellent in dealing with our claim. I have not had claims on a car before, but you hear real horror stories about people spending months processing claims.

Your company has already accepted that the windscreen cracked (through no fault of ours - just one of those things due to age of the vehicle). They have just emailed to confirm that the repayment will be in our account within 4 working days. That is so efficient; we only put the claim in three hours or so ago!

Thank you for the peace of mind your cover always brings us Des and all at TripCover

Waynej
Waynej

Easy Cover

Very easy to set up. We used this company years ago and it was also great value then.
Nicole C
Nicole CQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Technical issues with their online purchasing but resolved satisfactorily

I had an issue with the payment process whilst trying to get cover from Tripcover. I am pleased to say that this has been resolved and therefore I would be willing to give this company another go next time I need a policy.
KenBo
KenBoQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Covers Every Aspect!

We have been using Trip Cover for a number of years for our travels and have been very happy with their competitive rates. The last time we did a trip it got cut short due to a need to return home before our insured time and worried if we would be refunded the cover not used. No sweat we were given a refund! Thank you for your excellent customer service. We'll be back!
Alon
Alon

Very affordable, Fantastic customer service

Taken out cover insurance for my upcoming campervan trip to the North of WA. The policy is simple and of such great value, I felt the need to double check on the details.
From the outset, Des was always there to answer all my questions very promptly, and without fuss.
Highly recommended !
Mike
MikeNSWSydney, NSW

Refunds no worries

I put the wrong dates on my Tripcover policy and had to ask for a refund, done over the phone, minimum time, fuss free. Happy with the outcome, overall great service.
Pat
Pat
  Fair Incentive Verified

Great value and easy to use app

Did have problems booking on my phone app which I have used before?, but made a booking on my PC without problems.Overall a fantastic booking app & very easy to navigate.
John P
John PVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Easiest company to deal with

We have had to chop and change dates due to border closures and Des replies promptly, wants to issue a refund if there was a small difference (we have said dont worry about the refund due to all the mucking around has had to do). Show reply
MAL SMARTT
MAL SMARTTWAPerth, WA3 posts

NOTHING WAS TOO MUCH TROUBLE

I paid for cover in January and due to Covid could not go - forgot to cancel and e-mailed Tripcover with new dates and Des responded in no time with the change of dates done and no charge.
He would have been within his rights to charge me again due to late cancellation - I have used Tripcover a number of times and service always polite, professional and flexible.
Janall
Janall

Fantastic customer support without any hassles

We had to cancel our policy, due to lockdown in Victoria, on the day it was due to start. Contacted Tripcover who cancelled the policy and refunded our money very quickly. Now lockdown is over we are travelling to Queensland in the next couple of days and have taken out another policy with Tripcover. We will certainly be insuring with Tripcover on any trips in the future.
Jeffrey
JeffreyVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Great hassle free service

I needed to extend the hire before my trip started and without any problem Des the manager cancelled and credited my old policy so I could renew for the correct dates.
Thanks des!

Stan
Stan

Hi I am a uk resident and will be on holiday in Australia when hiring the camper,is this relevant can I still get cover from you

M k S
M k S

Hi, what car hire excess amount does this insurance cover upto? I can’t seem to find an amount during the quote process

Shona W.
Shona W.

Are all drivers listed on the rental agreement covered under this insurance, or only the primary driver?

Tripcover   DM

Hi Shona, all drivers eligible to drive the rental vehicle are covered

About Tripcover

Operating since 2012, Tripcover - which is now partnered with RentalCover - provides insurance for your rental car. This policy includes full protection against damages, theft, as well as additional protection including lost keys, flat tyres, and headlight repairs. The company covers your excess.

Tripcover says they’ll cover a rental vehicle at a rate 50% cheaper than rental companies. There’s no claim fee, you can cancel it at any time, and any additional drivers on your vehicle rental agreement will also be covered.

According to Tripcover, 95% of claims are processed within 3 days.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that Tripcover offered competitive rates, making their insurance great value for money.
  • They also said that Tripcover provided excellent customer service, saying that from the outset, staff were always there to answer questions promptly.
  • According to reviewers, the insurer was also flexible. Those who had changed or cancelled travel plans said that Tripcover was accommodating to them and overall made the experience smooth.
CategoryInsurance