Tripcover
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Tripcover

Pros

Competitive rates
Responsive customer support
Flexible to changing plans

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (0)
Nicole C
Nicole CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Technical issues with their online purchasing but resolved satisfactorily

I had an issue with the payment process whilst trying to get cover from Tripcover. I am pleased to say that this has been resolved and therefore I would be willing to give this company another go next time I need a policy.

KenBo
KenBoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Covers Every Aspect!

We have been using Trip Cover for a number of years for our travels and have been very happy with their competitive rates. The last time we did a trip it got cut short due to a need to return home before our insured time and worried if we would be refunded the cover not used. No sweat we were given a refund! Thank you for your excellent customer service. We'll be back!

Very affordable, Fantastic customer service

Taken out cover insurance for my upcoming campervan trip to the North of WA. The policy is simple and of such great value, I felt the need to double check on the details.
From the outset, Des was always there to answer all my questions very promptly, and without fuss.
Highly recommended !

Mike
MikeSydney, NSW

Refunds no worries

I put the wrong dates on my Tripcover policy and had to ask for a refund, done over the phone, minimum time, fuss free. Happy with the outcome, overall great service.

Find out how Tripcover compares to other Travel Insurance

Great value and easy to use app.

Did have problems booking on my phone app which I have used before?, but made a booking on my PC without problems.Overall a fantastic booking app & very easy to navigate.

John P
John PGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easiest company to deal with

We have had to chop and change dates due to border closures and Des replies promptly, wants to issue a refund if there was a small difference (we have said dont worry about the refund due to all the mucking around has had to do).

• Incentivised Review No
  • DestinationAustralia
  • Claim Made No
Desmond S.TripcoverSend a private message

Thanks John....Your appreciation makes doing business worthwhile :)

MAL SMARTT
MAL SMARTTPerth, WA

NOTHING WAS TOO MUCH TROUBLE

I paid for cover in January and due to Covid could not go - forgot to cancel and e-mailed Tripcover with new dates and Des responded in no time with the change of dates done and no charge.
He would have been within his rights to charge me again due to late cancellation - I have used Tripcover a number of times and service always polite, professional and flexible.

Travel insurance and COVID-19: what you need to know

For many, international travel is back on the cards. Getting travel insurance that covers COVID-19 related events can give you peace of mind so that you can enjoy your trip while being safe, smart, and prepared - and you should know what to look out for before you shop around.

Clara V.
Clara V.
travel-insurance-and-covid-19-what-you-need-to-know
Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020

Fantastic customer support without any hassles

We had to cancel our policy, due to lockdown in Victoria, on the day it was due to start. Contacted Tripcover who cancelled the policy and refunded our money very quickly. Now lockdown is over we are travelling to Queensland in the next couple of days and have taken out another policy with Tripcover. We will certainly be insuring with Tripcover on any trips in the future.

Jeffrey
JeffreyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great hassle free service

I needed to extend the hire before my trip started and without any problem Des the manager cancelled and credited my old policy so I could renew for the correct dates.
Thanks des!

Hosky
HoskySydney, NSW

Great Product and the Best Rates

I have used Tripcover a number of times and have found them very good. Very easy to sign up for online, they are backed by Allianz so is certainly reputable, and they seem to have the lowest rates around. Have not had to claim as yet, thankfully, but have cancelled insurance when our plans changed and the money was returned promptly. Definitely recommend.

jamie hassard
jamie hassardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excess cover with no excess worries and 5 star service

After searching for excess cover to bridge the gap between the standard cover provided by the rental company and their own inflated policies, I found Tripcover, their amazing service and simple to use website. I am hoping that I never have to make a claim but knowing that their service is underwritten by a global company in Allianz is very reassuring. Des went the extra mile to ensure my cover was in place - even replying on Christmas Day !!! - Champion levels of customer care.

Great Customer Support

I kept getting an error message when buying a rental car excess policy and I had assumed that the payment was not going through. I had intended following up with the company, however before I could do that Des from Tripcover contacted me and helped me sort it out. Des also let me know that payments had gone through and that he had arranged a refund.

Find out how Tripcover compares to other Travel Insurance

Best rates for rental car insurance

I always use Tripcover rental car insurance whenever I book a rental car in New Zealand. Their insurance rates are the best in the market and significantly less than rental companies' rates. Whenever I have contacted them with a query they have been prompt to respond.

Very helpful and fast response

Our flight was cancelled by the airlines due to Covid-19 restrictions, and true to the statement on their website, we were able to cancel our policy and approved for the refund.

Anne and Roger
Anne and RogerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast response!

During Covid-19, Trip Cover made it so easy to make a change at the last minute with our policy as our trip was cancelled due to a border closure, so we didn't lose any of our holiday money. We've used them for many years (much cheaper excess reduction car insurance than with a hire company). Thanks Trip Cover!

Peter gyory
Peter gyoryasked

Hi I am looking at hiring a camper-van in Tassie for 5 days approximately how much would this cost?

Roy
Roy

Dose anyone know what is going on with tripcover? does not seem to provide the service anymore...??

Desmond S.TripcoverSend a private message

Sorry Roy, We have had an issue with our contract with Allianz and are in the process of relaunching shortly.

Check back in 1 week

Troy C.
Troy C.asked

Do you provide coverage if I rent a caravan for a holiday and it is accidentally damaged

Desmond S.TripcoverSend a private message

Not caravans and only campervans and motorhomes but in Australia we are unfortunately suspended from trading until further notice, due to a change in underwriters, but are still trading in New Zealand. https://tripcover.co.nz

Fab
Fabasked

Are you able to supply excess reduction to $0 on a budget 3 ton truck?

Desmond S.TripcoverSend a private message

No Sorry Fab, as this is considered a commercial vehicle rather than a leisure van for travel

Get an answer from our members and Tripcover representatives

About Tripcover

Operating since 2012, Tripcover - which is now partnered with RentalCover - provides insurance for your rental car. This policy includes full protection against damages, theft, as well as additional protection including lost keys, flat tyres, and headlight repairs. The company covers your excess.

Tripcover says they’ll cover a rental vehicle at a rate 50% cheaper than rental companies. There’s no claim fee, you can cancel it at any time, and any additional drivers on your vehicle rental agreement will also be covered.

According to Tripcover, 95% of claims are processed within 3 days.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that Tripcover offered competitive rates, making their insurance great value for money.
  • They also said that Tripcover provided excellent customer service, saying that from the outset, staff were always there to answer questions promptly.
  • According to reviewers, the insurer was also flexible. Those who had changed or cancelled travel plans said that Tripcover was accommodating to them and overall made the experience smooth.
CategoryTravel Insurance