Tupperware Quick Chef II w. Basket

Tupperware Quick Chef II w. Basket

See the Best Manual Dicers & Choppers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Easy chopping!

It's a shame this product has been discontinued, I have appreciated the many ways I can use this device in my kitchen. There's no need to plug in to electricity and I get a bit of exercise as I use it! I thing this will be regularly used for many more years to come!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Continuing from my previous review

The chopper compartment is great to chop carrots celery onion. I hadnt used it much. Hard to turn the handle at first but does a great job once you get going without waking baby while sleeping!

Tupperware Quick Chef handy

This was a gift from our daughter, and we have found it to be a useful tool. Good for making mayonnaise, with the little oil shute, and chopping small amounts of vegies. It does take a bit of effort initially to get going.
Not so good on herbs as they aren't heavy enough. It can probably do other things that we haven;'t tried yet. Egg whites for instance.
Blades are VERY sharp so be don't put them into the sink-hold onto them to wash.
The lid retained water and is annoying to drain. I took it apart today-it just pries off-and found mould inside, as I expected. So I will take the lid apart every wash in future. The mould wouldn't get into the food, but any mould is bad news.
We use our large food processor for large amounts of food chopping, but for the odd onion or two this one is a good option. Don't know the cost, but daughter said it was expensive.
Seems well made and durable.
Effective operation, easy to use, well made.
Lid doesn't drain well, and mould develops.

A very annoying kitchen tool.

Put mine on ebay because it was an overpriced piece of junk. Don't really know why I bought this maybe due to tupperware talking it up to the point of making you feel you really need it.
It is very difficult to chop due to the friction caused by some ingredients.
Honestly only tried it once and never found it useful at all, the size is unsuitable for my big family but may be ok for others.
looked nice
expensive and useless

Makes light work of vegetables

Without my Tupperware Quick Chef, there are some recipes I wouldn't bother making. But because I have it, I tend to add so many more vegetables to recipes than I ordinarily would. It's fantastic for chopping onion, carrot and celery as the base for many recipes. It saves me a lot of time and spares me the boredom of hand-chopping. I haven't actually used the other functions but even so, I'm happy enough with what I do use it for that I wouldn't be without it. Thinking of getting the smaller one too!

The base is non-slip which is excellent to keep the unit still while turning the handle.
Easy to wash up, makes chopping SO easy and quick, helps me decide what to cook.