Velocity Global Wallet

Velocity Global Wallet

See the Best Travel Money Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Grahame

GrahameHobart, TAS

There's not enough time to list the problems

Loaded AU$299.00; AU$304.62 became NZ$304! Then I had AU$275.00 in my account - cost AU$29.00 to buy NZ$300 - that's 9.6%!! Completed "Feedback"; "Sorry we can't help you at this time" response.

CurrencyNZD

Appalling customer service

Have used this card before and found it good but trying to change my password has cost me 11/2 hours so far in multiple calls - got cut off, spoke to multiple apparent overseas call centres with bad lines who inputted incorrect phone numbers, cut me off, gave me a temporary password which didn't work and failed to call back. Giving up now - should have read the reviews first

StChristopher

StChristopherGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Like the sense of adventure that comes with not being able to access money? This is the card for you!

Card has mostly been accepted in US shops (good bit). It ends there: App/online portal is dysfunctional to the point where loading up becomes impossible. Verdict: For your own sanity, avoid at all costs and get a different card.

Big guy DavePerth, WA

Never ending prolems

Call centre in NZ.Staff promise call backs they never happen.Multiple problems with lengthy loading times and pending status that takes weeks to clear.
It's got so bad Ive involved ASIC
Had enough...The worst most frustrating loaded card.If I could award nil stars then I would.

CurrencyNZD

This card is HOPELESS

If your bag is stolen and you need a replacement card while overseas, DON’T bother. They send you to a western union branch to withdraw your cash and it’s a supermarket that will only give you $50. Western Union need proof of ID and your passport and an Australian drivers licence is not enough!! Soooo frustrating to deal with!!!! It’s like talking to robots that do not have any customer service. We have been stuck in America and now New Zealand without any money!!!

Rob

RobPB

Rip off

I recently travelled to Bali. Withdrew 100,000 Rupiah from an ATM and their fee was 20,000 Rupiah, which equates to around $2 Australian Dollars. Happy to pay. I realise their is a difference in exchange rates.... However, When I checked my Velocity statement they had charged me $115.41 (15%) Moral of the storty take extra cash and don't use a Virgin card, way too expensive.

lindaleePerth, WA

Bad Mistake...!!!

CurrencyGBP

Gabrial P.

Gabrial P.South East Queensland, QLD

Avoid Global Wallet Debut Card

I’d been a huge fan and supporter of Global Wallet for years but today that relationship and status ends. The convenience of loading the card from a debit card linked to another account was awesome but now users are forced to load in to a foreign currency and not local currency which costs 11% fees. That is highway robbery!! Greedy!! And immoral. Goodbye virgin you’ve sold your soul to the devil. Enjoy the money but you won’t be getting mine anymore

andrew.whitfieldcook

andrew.whitfieldcookSouth East Queensland, QLD

We use Global Wallet...but they have much to improve

To be fair, we've used this card as our mainstay debit card for years and have enjoyed the Velocity points (they used to be higher value, not now). But 2 things of note which disappoint me with basic "back-end" business;
1. They're missing it on HUGE $$$ by not having it on Apple pay. We're still spending, just not with them.
2. Card expiry... You can't get your subsequent card until AFTER your current one has expired. If you order a replacement, it has the same expiry as the old one... Rév*, You're missing out on growth in a tough money market, guys!!! (Rév are underwriters of Global Wallet)

Used to be good

Don't bother with this any more, too many fees. Stick to other cards that give you the Visa or MasterCard exchange rate without taking a huge cut every time you load and exchange between currencies (Citibank, Macquarie etc).

CurrencyEUR and USD

Joe

JoeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Deceptive Card

Useless. Scam you by taking many days to effect transfers so they earn heaps of interest on your money. e.g up to 10 business days to transfer back to your personal bank account and 5 business days to transfer funds in. In an economy with same day or overnight clearances at worst. What a sham!

Warning. Don’t use this card for Hotel

CurrencyUSD

Could I rate lower than 1 star...Yes definitely I could.

Ok so headed o/s for my Birthday.......took cash and loaded a low amount of money onto wallet, cautious because I have had bad experience before. Go to increase load and app fails constantly. Ring from France, e-mail and get hubby in Oz to ring. Failure and no help....have no money!!!

CurrencyEUR

Simone

SimoneHobart, TAS

Just - nope

Thought I'd use it to boost Velocity points. Trouble is - Global Wallet doesn't transfer points, and Velocity doesn't care. Impossible to follow up as their support is
as useful as an Ah-bra. Nothing good to say about this card at all.

Scam at best!!!

This is by far the worst thing you could do when you travel. Their exchange rates are very high and so you loose a heap of money every time to buy something or buy currency. Customer service does not exist, and there are fees. If you are in need of burning your money, this is the best way.

CurrencyEUR and USD
Vicky W.

Vicky W.South West, WA

Dont touch with a barge pole !!!

I would give zero stars if I could .Our card got hacked $3000 gone our spending holiday money, gone via 30 transactions overnght.. there lack of customer care is pathetic . We still have 3 transactions pending ( pending for last 4 days ) and have to wait for them to clear before we can put in a dispute .what angers me is why wasn't the card blocked as so many transactions in a short time ..its rubbish . We will get our money back !!! . But I will advise anyone dont go near this card . The money was for a holiday for my 50th . Thanks to global wallet We have to use our credit cards. .. absolutely disgusted.

CurrencyGBP

T.M

T.MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Won't provide statements, keep blocking card, the worst "service"

Global Wallet will not provide transaction history statements. We've spent hours on the phone, emails, made complaints to the afca and still no statements. Worst "service", ripoff products, keepblockingcard, beware!

OGG

OGGSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely terrible their customer support team can't seem to provide a basic statement after five days.

Attempted to obtain a statement from their team. Multiple emails and phone calls later no luck. They keep missing self imposed deadlines to catch me back. Terrible customer service. Would not recommend.

trebor

treborGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

After loading funds the balance dropped considerably

I loaded 593 Aussie dollars while in Australia for a trip to Europe in a month. The issue is that our last trip was to the US and the default global wallet currency was in US dollars. needless to say 8 hours after the funds were loaded,I now only have 536 Aussie dollars after the funds went from US back to Aussie dollars!!! we haven't left the house!!! The "Team" at the end of the phone told me nothing could be done. The lesson to be learned is to check the default currency in your wallet. They are happy to take your money so be aware of the seemingly irreversible transaction.

Bob G

Bob G

Avoid at all costs in regard to exchanging international currency.

They entice you with Velocity Points but it is a scam. Wife and I exchanged AUS$5000 each into Euros. We both now have -$4600 each & haven’t even gone OS yet!!