• Coverage Type
    • Home Only (1)
    • Home & Contents (1)

Horrific Experience

Paying for a premium service and receiving vertially nothing in the way of value. Check everything, they will not follow through with any arrangement, payment or booking. Really struggled here.

Car ModelToyota Prado J150 Altitude

Ricky

RickyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Awful customer service

I’ve been trying to get a claim through this company for almost two weeks now. Everything seems so hard. Average waiting time ok the phone to speak with their “busy” and “many” staff members is 55min. They make life extremely difficult and the only time I managed to speak on the phone with someone, the lady was very arrogant. Shop elsewhere. It doesn’t surprise me that they have bad reviews everywhere on the web.

Car ModelAudi A3 8P.I

Terry

Terry

No time wasting

It was as simple as making your claim through a phone call, which then provided you with details on who you will be contacting. All details were provided crystal clear and all you had to do was follow the procedure.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateDecember 2019
Car ModelVolkswagen Golf
fred

fred

shop elsewhere

Tried to get a claim through this company and they made life extremely difficult and did not want to help one bit just handpassing it to different departments and they use the excuse they only have very limited info in that area and they are the highest people in the company

go elsewhere

Claim DateDecember 2019

Mick

MickNorth Queensland, QLD

Absolutely fantastic

The service we have just received from Vero regarding a claim on our home and contents was nothing short of brilliant. All staff were extremely friendly, helpful and professional. 10 days from lodging our claim to finalisation. Great communication along the way. We have been with Vero for quite a few years now and from our experience we cannot recommended them highly enough.
We live in Townsville.
Thanks again to all the wonderful staff.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Property TypeHouse
Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019

Craig

CraigPeel, WA

Cover nothing

Had flights home cancelled.so payed for flight with another airline only to be told I was not covered. You are covered for not much at all .They say to contact your broker that didn't work.

Network Trading Co

Network Trading CoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Vero is the worst insurer ever! Stay away!

Have been waiting for almost 3 months now for a fire claim to process, they tried to delay as long as possible, they ignore all calls and emails. They never call back as they promise. On top of that, they are extremely rude! Whenever you can get a hold of them on the phone, they are just utterly rude to you! All they say is, "we're still waiting for a decision to be made you should contact your broker", and leave you in the unknown and hopefully you'll eventually give up on your claims.

Claim DateAugust 2019

Heath

HeathSouth East Queensland, QLD

Woeful communication.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Do not go with them

After being with them for years very disappointed the way claims were handled Not easy to deal with, costlier than other providers. Stay away from them, They will not make any claim easy,

Claim DateApril 2019
Aussie Consumer

Aussie ConsumerPeel, WA

My experience was good

I made a claim a few years back and my experience was very good. The accident was my fault and things unfolded quickly allowing me to leave the driver of the other car in a secure and confident state of mind. I’ve been with Vero for 7 years now. I’m still a Vero customer today and consider my comprehensive car insurance to be a very good policy.

Claim DateMarch 2014
Car ModelFord Falcon FG

Nicole

NicoleNew South Wales

Insane wait times

I was hit by a car that was insured by vero and have never had to wait so long for anything to be resolved before. Although they are pleasant on the phone, I have waited for over a week just to be told it will be assessed soon.... are you kidding me? My parked car was hit three years ago and I was paid out within 72 hours of this happening with another insurance company!

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019

Katherine M.

Katherine M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not even with Vero and they are terrible

I am not even with Vero and after an incident that is a very grey area back in Feb 2019, after speaking to them three times as they could not get the address of the incident correct. One girl even went as far to say they didn't care about the address and are more just concerned about getting my money. There was more damage to my car ($5000) and only about $1000 at the most on the other drivers car, which they want me to pay almost five grand. Ridiculous and appaling customer service. I'm a university student and can't afford to pay their dumb fees.

Marko

MarkoNorth Queensland, QLD

An expensive waste of money.

Vero Home Building Insurance ($2,500 a year) was recommended by our strata managers last year. When it came to claim after recent Townsville floods, found out we weren't covered for our situation. The last 5 months have been a nightmare: lack of communication from Vero, being told lies, phony on-site inspections/ reviews, and finally last week being told our claim was dead. Question: Why are Home owners in a Strata Title treated differently to owners on a single title?

Coverage TypeHome Only
Property TypeHouse
Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Crap Customer Service, Do Not Take Out Insurance With These Thieves!!

Claim DateMarch 2019

Joe L.

Joe L.Sydney, NSW

Outstanding experience

Reviews are personal but in my case I had an outstanding experience. They made a difficult situation easy. They booked our car in locally, organised transport from the workshop to the company where our hire car was waiting. They liaised with the other insurance company to sort out the details. All without fuss. I've never had such a smooth transition.

Claim DateMay 2019
Car ModelFord Escape
Eaglejo

EaglejoPerth, WA

Claim against other party

I actually was stationary in a supermarket carpark when an elderly driver cut accross the back of my car as he was going past and damaged the back bumper section . I rang up vero and told them the situation and apparently the other driver denied it was his fault and was with the RAC who tried to deal with me personally and not through Vero . I notified Vero of the situation and they instructed me not to communicate with RAC and that they would take care of it . I have to say that Vero took care of everything and I had a hassle free claim against the driver at fault and had the fender repalaced .

Claim DateAugust 2017
Car ModelToyota Camry

Terrible customer support and service!

Claim DateApril 2019
Car ModelMercedes-Benz A-Class A180

Meme

MemeWyndham vale

Didn’t get my approved for a policy but signed up with me!

Claim MadeNo

Gary B

Gary BBelconnen 2617, ACT

Car claim march 25th 2019

My car was broken into on the Sunday morning, put in the claim monday morning. Within 2 hours had a hire car and glass repair booked. Stolen item replaced, crash repairer booked for door damage. Thank you Vero for a quick headache free claim.

Claim DateMarch 2019