Do not go with them

After being with them for years very disappointed the way claims were handled Not easy to deal with, costlier than other providers. Stay away from them, They will not make any claim easy,

Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

My experience was good

I made a claim a few years back and my experience was very good. The accident was my fault and things unfolded quickly allowing me to leave the driver of the other car in a secure and confident state of mind. I’ve been with Vero for 7 years now. I’m still a Vero customer today and consider my comprehensive car insurance to be a very good policy.

Car ModelFord Falcon FG
Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim DateMarch 2014

Insane wait times

I was hit by a car that was insured by vero and have never had to wait so long for anything to be resolved before. Although they are pleasant on the phone, I have waited for over a week just to be told it will be assessed soon.... are you kidding me? My parked car was hit three years ago and I was paid out within 72 hours of this happening with another insurance company!

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019

Not even with Vero and they are terrible

I am not even with Vero and after an incident that is a very grey area back in Feb 2019, after speaking to them three times as they could not get the address of the incident correct. One girl even went as far to say they didn't care about the address and are more just concerned about getting my money. There was more damage to my car ($5000) and only about $1000 at the most on the other drivers car, which they want me to pay almost five grand. Ridiculous and appaling customer service. I'm a university student and can't afford to pay their dumb fees.

An expensive waste of money.

Vero Home Building Insurance ($2,500 a year) was recommended by our strata managers last year. When it came to claim after recent Townsville floods, found out we weren't covered for our situation. The last 5 months have been a nightmare: lack of communication from Vero, being told lies, phony on-site inspections/ reviews, and finally last week being told our claim was dead. Question: Why are Home owners in a Strata Title treated differently to owners on a single title?

Coverage TypeHome Only
Property TypeHouse
Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Crap Customer Service, Do Not Take Out Insurance With These Thieves!!

I have had insurance with vero for many years, and due to living in a rural area with no public transport, I have been paying for car hire option. Well had an accident and car is going to be in the repair shop for a long while. Rang vero to take up my hire car, was told I would have to pick it up at from a hire company they have a contract with, some 100ks away. When I told vero I had no way of getting there, and the reason I have been paying extra for car hire on my policy for many years is because if I broke down or had an accident in a remote area I would need a hire car, if there was public transport I would of not paid extra for the hire car. No empathy what so ever, being upset I said I should just cancel my policy after the repairs, the vero supervisor basically said why wait, I can cancel it now!! When I hesitated the sarcastic person, pushed for me to cancel my policy there and then (did not as I believe it would have repercussions on current repairs). Basically said I should pay for a taxi to drive me 100ks to get the hire vehicle...Oh but that comes out of my own pocket. Regardless of there policy, show a bit of sympathy you ah's and tell people in remote areas don't expect hire cars to be delivered, your gonna have to go to the inconvenience of trying to pick it up and take it back. I will be no longer doing business with such rude p@#(k's dont want to give them any stars, because they are worse than terrible

Claim DateMarch 2019

Outstanding experience

Reviews are personal but in my case I had an outstanding experience. They made a difficult situation easy. They booked our car in locally, organised transport from the workshop to the company where our hire car was waiting. They liaised with the other insurance company to sort out the details. All without fuss. I've never had such a smooth transition.

Car ModelFord Escape
Claim DateMay 2019

Claim against other party

I actually was stationary in a supermarket carpark when an elderly driver cut accross the back of my car as he was going past and damaged the back bumper section . I rang up vero and told them the situation and apparently the other driver denied it was his fault and was with the RAC who tried to deal with me personally and not through Vero . I notified Vero of the situation and they instructed me not to communicate with RAC and that they would take care of it . I have to say that Vero took care of everything and I had a hassle free claim against the driver at fault and had the fender repalaced .

Car ModelToyota Camry
Claim DateAugust 2017
Claim ApprovedYes

Terrible customer support and service!

I had a minor car crash 1st of April this year. I had trouble getting in to Vero hotline, however with frequent calls, they picked up my call and has guided me through on what to do. They said they will get back to me with regards to my claim. I am on a comprehensive insurance, but Vero hasn’t offered me any roadside assistance. I was left alone driving my car to the nearest car repairer unfortunately- considering the fresh trauma i obtained from the minor crash. Now the long chase starts. Vero does not follow up unless you bombard them with phone calls. It seems like they dont care about your claim. Poor progress is noted on my claim, so i consistently bombard them with frequent phone calls. Until now, im still renting a car with poor to no support from Vero insurance.

Car ModelMercedes-Benz A-Class A180
Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Didn’t get my approved for a policy but signed up with me!

Recently we got recommended by our mortgage broker - yellow brick road to this company as yellow brick road said in letter our old policy with Allianz will expiry soon and apparently this new insurance company- Vero got some of our information. It was very annoying as we have been with Allianz for some years and feel comfortable. The letter yellow brick road sent us about the new insurance company (Vero) information and its policy with some of our inaccurate information. I called up to correct the information and asked for a quote. I said very clearly over the phone that I have to think about this new insurance company and not go ahead yet. But after a week, Vero sent me a new policy for our home and content. Serious?! Who gave your authority to represent us to sign up with your company for our home and content insurance?! I called up to cancel it. Not good enough! Annoying!

Claim MadeNo

Car claim march 25th 2019

My car was broken into on the Sunday morning, put in the claim monday morning. Within 2 hours had a hire car and glass repair booked. Stolen item replaced, crash repairer booked for door damage. Thank you Vero for a quick headache free claim.

Car ModelMazda 3 SP25GT 2017
Claim DateMarch 2019

Our claim was from June 2018 and we have not heard from them

I regret that we shifted from Allianz from our bank's recommendation. Vero couldn't find our policy when we first rang and insisted we were with Allianz! After ringing three times, customer service said that the previous agent should have "just searched our file a different way". We haven't received our claim until today. They also said that their windscreen cover is only Australian standard (after-market) which pays less. We agreed to it and we are still waiting for a windscreen claim which they said we are entitled to one every year. Today we are making a claim for something else as our car sustained damages from the floods in Townsville. They said we need to find a broker before they entertain our claim. I don't understand what that means as our insurance from another company has been a totally different experience. A broker for what? We only want to claim what we are insured for. It is our choice to have our car done by the dealership. I don't know what we entered into and feels like we have been ripped off or scammed all these years.

Claim DateJune 2018

Vero likes to drag it out

5 months wasted so far , I’ve jumped through hoops , provided them the same information time and time again and they are yet to go through any of it . They just say it will take another month time and time again , my business and sole income was completely destroyed and now I’m at risk of losing my home because they don’t want to pay

Claim DateNovember 2018

DO NOT INSURE YOUR CAR WITH VERO IF YOU WANT CHOICE OF REPAIRER !!!

I lodged a "Not at Fault" claim with Vero when a third party reversed his car into my car while it was stationary. Before I insured with Vero I was told that I could choose my own repairer in case of an accident. What Vero should have in their policy is "Yes you can choose your own repairer as long as they are cheap enough !!!"
I obtained two quotes from repairers recommended by Audi one was for approx $17,000 the other was for approx $12,000. I was informed by Vero that neither of these quotes were acceptable and there was no way that they would be approving even the lower quote. Instead I was given details of two "Vero Approved" repairers and told I should use one of them. When I pointed out that I supposedly had choice of repairer, I was told yes I do but both the repairers I chose were too expensive. I argued that I was after a quality repair job not the cheapest one ! Vero directed me to the fine print in their policy !
So even though I was not at fault and the other party was fully insured,in reality I was not able to choose my own repairer. I believe that this is false advertising !
Eventually I withdraw my claim with Vero and was forced to pursue the third party's insurance company to recover the cost of repairs.
The car has now been repaired and I am about to cancel my policy with Vero. In summary if you want to be able to choose your own repairer in case of an accident DO NOT insure with VERO !!!

Easier to be uninsured.

Couldn't be any more unsatisfied. A joke of a company. First repair of my vehicle was completely botched and have spent months waiting to get it repaired. I would rather be uninsured than trust them with anything I own.

Very disappointed!

Made a claim with vero on my vehicle after we had an accident, we took it to one of there authorised repairers being told it would be fixed quicker. It has now been over 2 months I still have no car. Their communication with me and the repairer is very poor, I am forever chasing them up and having to call repairer and play messenger. Always speaking to someone different having to repeat the same information over and over asking for a call back and not getting it. 0 stars from me very disappointed customer!

Insurance claim madeYes

Increase your excess after claim

Letter received from vero stating they will increase excess due to recent claims. Damage done through cyclone Debbie. Vero had sent building inspector but decided this wasn’t good enough

Insurance claim madeNo

Worst customer care. Zero minus rating if there is one. Made customer feel it was her fault when it

Had to wait 5 days before hire car was approved.
No efficiency in closing claim.
Vero reps misconstrue/ distort the actual events
& most the time had to chat with other rep to assist:(
Wondering about their training tactics

Insurance claim madeNo

DO NOT TRUST VERO AS AN INSURANCE COMPANY!

My business had a VERO MARINE TRANSIT INSURANCE policy.
A seashipment was dispatched but never received by me.
That shipment cost was over $20,000 and VERO refused to pay claim.
VERO claimed no proof of dispatch so NO transit, so no claim possible.

But the shipment was dispatched by a shipping company with a website, so plenty of proof of TRANSIT available if shipping company asked, but VERO did not ask shipping company!

So my claim was not paid by VERO!

SO DO NOT TRUST VERO AS AN INSURANCE COMPANY!

PETER HUNT, NATURE'S WORKSHOP, Melbourne

Insurance claim madeYes

Terrible, doesn't even deserve 1 star.

I made a claim over a month ago, was told to take my case to a certain repairer, the repairer was unable to repair my car and it has sat at various places with me the customer having to chase up the repair. Vero has constantly brushed me off and are still continuing to do so making it my problem. Now I have to foot the bill for the rental car cost as they have capped the amount they will pay for car rental. They have at no stake during this whole process been a helpful company and if anyone even so much as mentions they might go with them for insurance I make sure they don't. Worst insurance company I've ever heard of.