Vintec 30 Bottle Wine Cabinet V30SGE

Vintec 30 Bottle Wine Cabinet V30SGE

ALV30SGE, V30SGES3, V30SG, V30SG2E, V30SGE and 4 more

Gas Leak, not repairable, call out fee $185

It is utterly ridiculous that right after 2 years, the wine fridge stopped working, not cooling. I rang Vintec and was told someone will come out to have a look. Then it is reckoned as "gas leak " and "economically not repairable". Call out fee is $185 and nothing can be done.

Purchased in December 2016 for $750.00.

Noise Level
Hi Sylvia, Rumana from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Vintec cabinet. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me with ref 877838 at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana

Was good until it stopped working

Shut down wine fridge for 3 months while away on holidays. When returned switched back on but would not run, compressor o/k as was by passed and was cooling so not faulty. As the unit is fitted with pcb’s inside and out very hard to fault find problem, indoor fan still works o/k

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Hi Mark, Tania from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Vintec wine cabinet. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania. Thanks, Tania

Great little wine fridge

I had my fridge for over four years & it worked flawlessly.
It's quiet, the temperatures are very stable and looks great.
The fridge is very flexible as you can adjust shelves to suit your needs.
The quality & finish is top notch.
Very happy with my purchase.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Good Wine fridge

Have only had this fridge 6 weeks but I can say compared to the useless Hi Sense fridge I had, this fridge is a great improvement.

The fridge is very quiet and maintains the set temperature. It is only a single zone fridge but does the job well.

The inside lights are blue LED which unfortunately do not turn on automatically when you open the door which is disappointing. To turn the light on after opening the door you have to search in the dark for the on switch! However the light does turn off automatically after about 10 minutes.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great fridge

Bought in January as part of the boxing day sales. Great sleek and simple modern design and does a great job in maintaining an optimum temperature (fluctuates by 1 or 2 degrees only). Can be slightly loud though but we keep it in a spare room so does not bother us. No dual zones, but perfect for cellaring.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Absolutely Useless after 15 months

I purchased this from Dan Murphy's and it stopped working after 15 months, I rang and was told it was a 1 year warranty and would cost $180 just to send a repair man to find out what was wrong with it. The only wine it is good for now is me whining to everyone I meet telling them to steer clear of Vintec fridges at all cost

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Complete Junk, terrible warranty, looks good but so does the pony that ran last in the Melbourne Cup

Got this in April 2015, worked fine for the 2 yrs, and all of a sudden it stopped cooling. Let me be clear, I had read the reviews and made sure that it was well ventilated, it was indoors, and not in a hot room.

I have expensive wine, in this fridge, got the shock of my life when I grabbed a bottle out and it was warm (the temp notification can't be seen unless you open the door) temp was 26 in there, checked everything, fan was working, just not cooling.

Rang up Vintec, sorry out of warranty can send a serviceman for $180. Its 2.5 yrs old. was told if I took it to another repairer that they won't help them with parts.

This is the report I got back from the other repairer. (who is licensed to repair Vintec Fridges) dropping to him cost $65 to look at fault, as opposed to $180 from Vintec!!

"Its always going to be a hard call as to repair or replace, the most common faults we have come across with the Vintec wine fridges as far as gas leak issues are concerned are leaks on the evaporator (cooling tubes) and the pipework repair we have quoted ($405). To replace the evaporator now (same time) would cost an additional $180.00, to replace later if it fails (might never happen) would be considerably more."

So to repair it was going to cost more then it would to be a new one..

If you are reading this don't buy VINTEC, get any other brand, these may look good, but break after 2 yrs and ruin your wine, which is the reason why you are buying the fridge!

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Avoid if you have decent wine to store

I use this to only store reds for the long term at 16 degrees. After 2 years twice it has dropped to 2 (yes 2) degrees without any input from us. You can't even select 2 degrees - 5 is the minimum user selectable temperature. Has ruined several of my good bottles and I hate to think what it's done to my very long term $$$ wines. An email explaining the situation and requesting clarification on whether this should even be possible was met only with advice that a service call would be minimum $170. Why fix junk? Sworn off Vintec now.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Stopped working just after 2 years!

Did not maintain a set temperature, always had to check it and adjust it. Just after 2 years we noticed the wine wasn't cool and the fridge seemed stuck on 23 degrees. We tried several times to rectify this by switching off for a while then resetting. No matter what we tried the temperature would not change and the fridge would not cool. We purchased from The Good Guys who advised warranty had expired and to call Vintec direct. Called Vintec (Electrolux) who advised $185 call out fee plus cost of parts to repair. Very disappointed and will not purchase another Vintec product, especially after reading similar reviews.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

too noisy

This product is way too noisy we have close the door of the bedroom to get a decent nights sleep. Vintec say into the manual that the noise is a normal thing so we have live with it. Temperature seems to vary a few degrees all the time. The doors seem to close properly but the condenser seems to be running all the time. I'd buy a different bar fridge.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Only works for 2 years. Warranty is just 2 years.

A friend purchased five Vintec V30SGME wine cabinets as part of the Penfold's wine offer in 2014. I was given this wine cabinet as a gift when it was delivered around September 2014.

The product was well packed and did keep a stable temperature between 11 and 13 degrees Celsius. Physically the unit is well constructed but the inside has a very strong chemical stench, possibly from the insulation or plastics used. I ventilated my cabinet for 48 hours by opening the door and blowing air into it with a fan, but the smell would not go away.

The product stopped working about 2.5 years after I received it, although it could have failed earlier as I rarely checked its temperature. Despite the temperature being set to 12C it would not go below 20C. The compressor and fan were constantly running.

I emailed Vintec Sales and Service and was told the warranty was 2 years long so sorry, we can't do anything about it. The Vintec rep then tried a lame attempt at humour while telling me my $500 product is now worthless: "Mind you - with todays temperature - I think we are all overheating!!" Was that supposed to be funny? Was it a suggestion that Vintec products don't work on warm days? It was 25C in Adelaide when I sent my email.

Out of the five units my friend purchased, two have already failed (including mine) and the recipients of the other three units have been advised to frequently check their Vintec V30 cabinets for imminent failure.

Coolant leaks appear to be a very common problem with V30 and V40 series Vintec products, judging by forum and web site comments from other users, so I will not be buying another. I now have to find a way to dispose of this heavy item, probably at my own cost.

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Received this as a wedding present in December 2014, and it has stopped cooling in December 2016.

Very similar symptoms to most other posters, our fridge is barely 2 years old, we received it as a wedding present and our 2nd anniversary is a week away.
It has been sitting in a fridge alcove indoors with plenty of ventilation, then last week I checked the temp and it read 23 degrees. Turned it off for a day, tried it a couple of times since and no dice. I can hear the compressor running and fan works, but it just doesn't get cool. It actually gets hotter due to motor running kicks off some heat, so what to do next?
As it was a gift we don't have a receipt.
It's got a few expensive bottles in it so we are concerned about not storing them correctly.
Any assistance or advice appreciated.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Good while it works

Worked well for about 5 & 1/2 years, then stopped cooling. When i enquired to get it fixed, the technician expected a cost of approx $500 to fix the gas leak and then re-gas. Given the age he said you could spend that and a week later the compressor might pack up. In making my decision on whether it was worth fixing - i reviewed the previous reviews and decided it wasn't worth it. Given the original investment cost, i found this very disappointing and wont be replacing it with another Vintec. My family have had restaurants and have some experience with refrigeration and repairs with commercial fridges and even they were shocked at the cost to fix it.

As per other reviews I have read I shut down the fridge for 3 months, when restarted would not cool Compressor would not run but indoor fan running o/k, bypassed PCB and put power direct to compressor ran o/k and was cooling so not a refrigerant problem As I do not know Ohms readings for indoor probe cannot check to see if faulty Can you suggest what could be wrong or do I just replace indoor and outdoor pcb and also the indoor sensor Have checked transformer and is o/k Regards Mark

Bought this fridge but been told that I can't put this in my new kitchen. ..can't put under the bench, can someone please answer?
You can not build these fridges into a bench, it requires constant ventilation from all sides and must be set up freestanding.Thank you

Just bought the V30SGMEBK. Claims a capacity of 35 bottles but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to fit 35 in. The max I could fit in was 30. Can you please provide a photo of a stacking configuration of 35 bottles? Cheers.
They base there capacity rating on Bordeaux style bottles which are your standard 70 x 300mm bottles.Thanks, DD.

Similar listings