Vintec 30 Bottle Wine Cabinet V30SGE

V30SGME, V30SGES3, ALV30SGE, etc...
Listing monitored by Vintec

• Internal Layout
  • Temperature Control
Jim
JimCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Quite Disappointing

Our Vintec wine fridge is 8 years old & was bought courtesy of a Penfolds/Cellarbrations deal, it was kept in storage (ie:never used) for 5 years. 3 years ago we moved house & cranked it up for the first time, now just 3 years later it doesn't hold the designated temperature & won't cool lower than 24 degrees.
Judging by other disappointed customers it would appear Vintec make lousy wine fridges, how can they still be in business??? I'll be buying a new wine fridge & it definitely won't be a Vintec!!

Purchased in June 2014 at Cellarbrations.

Kenneth N.
Kenneth N.Sydney, NSW

Rubbish

I have two. Both not cold at all. Temperature doesn’t go below 20d. Cost few hundred bucks to repair. Only 4 years!! Anywhere or anyone can help me save the cooler?

Purchased in August 2014 at Dan Murphy's Online store for $500.00.

Had 2 Vintec wine fridges one white the other for reds for nearly 10 years

I have had my fridges for 10 years, which seems above par compared to some of the reviews, the last two years I have started having cooling issues. After reviewing the recent product reviews on vintec wine fridges I am not sure which brand of fridge I should go for?
If all brands are all lasting only a couple of years which brand should I go for?

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Wine Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Vintec 30 Bottle Wine Cabinet V30SGE compares to other Wine Fridges / Refrigerators

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst consumer electrical product ever

Just read all the reviews and the story is the same. I bought 3 of these fridges and all failed within 4 years. Same issue. Loses temperature, identified as gas leak, can’t be repaired.

Purchased in April 2015 for $1,800.00.

Scott
ScottGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

6 Years Old and still going strong...

I purchased my Vintec wine cabinet through the Penfolds promo in 2014. Mine seems to be chugging along ok and hasn't succumbed to the failures of the others. We are renovating our house which I'm hoping to allow space for the Vintec in the kitchen but worried it'll fail as soon as we put it in given it's age. I know they're not supposed to be built in but this will have free space around it.

It's pretty loud when the compressor kicks in, just like an old fridge. I hope it continues on but it seems like it'll be a ticking time bomb.

Purchased in July 2014 for $299.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Sally W.
Sally W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great reputation but poor product.

I purchased a Vintec Wine Fridge through a Penfolds Wine Promotion in 2015 and the compressor motor windings are leaking to earth so tripping out my power to the house. On contacting Electrolux they wanted $189:00 just for the call out and an parts required would be an additional cost plus labour charge to fit them. For a product that holds a great reputation it certainly doesn’t last.

Purchased in September 2015.

Elizabeth
ElizabethLaunceston, TAS

Loved it till it stopped working and unrepairable

We have had ours for just 3 years working for 2 ! Gave it to my partner as a present and it stopped keeping its temperature. We took it in for a repair and they said it has an internal gas leak and is nothing to do with us and it is unrepairable . Sadly for the price I paid it is very disappointing !

Purchased at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $750.00.

Liz
LizSouth Australia, 5413

Great wine fridge

Compact sleek unit. Keeps bottles at optimum temperature.
No issues in the four years since purchase. Love that shelves can be moved to accommodate as required.
Very quiet to run

Purchased in October 2015 at Wine deal for $399.00.

Sylvia
SylviaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Gas Leak, not repairable, call out fee $185

It is utterly ridiculous that right after 2 years, the wine fridge stopped working, not cooling. I rang Vintec and was told someone will come out to have a look. Then it is reckoned as "gas leak " and "economically not repairable". Call out fee is $185 and nothing can be done.

Purchased in December 2016 for $750.00.

Mark
MarkBunbury

Was good until it stopped working

Shut down wine fridge for 3 months while away on holidays. When returned switched back on but would not run, compressor o/k as was by passed and was cooling so not faulty. As the unit is fitted with pcb’s inside and out very hard to fault find problem, indoor fan still works o/k

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
Lord Arek
Lord ArekNewcastle, New South Wales

Great little wine fridge

I had my fridge for over four years & it worked flawlessly.
It's quiet, the temperatures are very stable and looks great.
The fridge is very flexible as you can adjust shelves to suit your needs.
The quality & finish is top notch.
Very happy with my purchase.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Middy
MiddySouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Wine fridge

Have only had this fridge 6 weeks but I can say compared to the useless Hi Sense fridge I had, this fridge is a great improvement.

The fridge is very quiet and maintains the set temperature. It is only a single zone fridge but does the job well.

The inside lights are blue LED which unfortunately do not turn on automatically when you open the door which is disappointing. To turn the light on after opening the door you have to search in the dark for the on switch! However the light does turn off automatically after about 10 minutes.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Rich S
Rich SPerth

Great fridge

Bought in January as part of the boxing day sales. Great sleek and simple modern design and does a great job in maintaining an optimum temperature (fluctuates by 1 or 2 degrees only). Can be slightly loud though but we keep it in a spare room so does not bother us. No dual zones, but perfect for cellaring.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Branikal
BranikalBrisbane

Absolutely Useless after 15 months

I purchased this from Dan Murphy's and it stopped working after 15 months, I rang and was told it was a 1 year warranty and would cost $180 just to send a repair man to find out what was wrong with it. The only wine it is good for now is me whining to everyone I meet telling them to steer clear of Vintec fridges at all cost

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Char H
Char H

Complete Junk, terrible warranty, looks good but so does the pony that ran last in the Melbourne Cup

Date PurchasedApr 2015