Vintec V40SG2E / V40SG2ESS

V40SG2E, V40SG2ES3, V40SG2EBK, V40SG2ESS

Dave

DaveHunter Region, NSW

Vintec Wine Fridge V40SG2eBK

I had a similar problem to what I have been reading on this site and some others with my Vintec not cooling properly my unit is now 4 years old and we had a fan motor replaced last year and now this with the temperature display on the front panel going up. The technician that came out said it was most likely a gas leak in the compressor or pipes. I then contacted Vintec Customer Service and explained the problem and they offered me a replacement Vintec with paying a Pro Rata amount. I am more than satisfied with their service and waiting for the NEW VINTEC to arrive and be installed.

Purchased in August 2015.

Bev Gregory

Bev GregoryQueensland

Similar problem

I also bought a 30 bottle Vintec through a Penfolds promotion just under 5 years ago. Discovered problem mentioned below in that temperature went to 24 . Rang Vintec and tried the turn off trick for half an hour but then went back to 25 degrees.
Vintec wanted $189 for call out and then unknown add on costs depending what was wrong with it. From all comments below appears gas or compressor is the problem. Total cost simply not worth it.
I had been contemplating what to do but now having just read all comments below obviously straight to the tip.
For a supposed top of range supplier (top price as well) this is appalling.

Stephen E.

Stephen E.Sydney, NSW

Paid $2,000 but just got 4 years use

Bought a V40BVC 5 years ago. Now it doesn’t chill. Temperature stays at 21c. From what I read it’s not worth fixing. Should I just buy another? Is there a better make which will last longer?

Purchased in June 2014 for $2,000.00.

Ken McLeod

Ken McLeodSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Not fit for purpose

Bought yesterday. Selected this unit partly because it claims in the manual that the shelves are removable and adjustable and the door is reversible. This is not true. Not fit for purpose.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,999.00.

Graeme

GraemeSydney, NSW

We just bought another one

My wife bought me one for my 50th birthday. After seven and a half years it looks like the compressor has gone. After researching options we bought a new one.

Purchased in February 2012 at Appliances Online.

Shannan GWellington

Worked well for 18months

Was a great unit while it worked for 24 months. I'd expect something to work for a little longer than that.
Stopped cooling upper compartment but can't find receipt.
Seems to be a common problem.

Purchased in September 2017.

Shannan G

Thanks for the response, I have sent an email :)

George R.

George R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Service from Electrolux/Vintec

My Vintec stopped cooling. It was 2 years old and just out of warranty. Electrolux/Vintec sent a service technician out who confirmed that the gas has leaked. Although just out of warranty, the fridge was replaced with a new one. This is what customer service should be.

Purchased in February 2017.

Temperature Control

gas leak; not repairable.

We decided to buy an expensive "quality" wine fridge, to avoid potential problems. What a bad decision! Ours has stopped working altogether, due to the gas leaking out. We have been told that it is nor repairable, as the fault is in the plumbing in the frame, which is not accessible. This is a clearly a design fault, but Vintec have no suggestions or solutions, other than we buy a new one. Seriously!? My suggestion is to never buy another Vintec product, and to warn consumers about the intrinsic design fault in this model Vintec wine fridge.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Brucead

BruceadMornington

Overpriced, unreliable, poor performance

The V40 has never kept our wine at a consistent temperature and after 3 years, it’s failed completely. If I had paid $300 maybe I might expect that, but these 40 bottle Vintec are over $1500 and for that I expect MUCH better. Avoid Vintec. Their warranty is absurdly short, and therefore even they don’t trust their products to be reliable.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Worked well - until it didn’t

I had the same issue with my Vintec - worked great until about 2 1/2 years old then won’t stay at temperature. Think it’s The compressor and tried to repair it myself but no luck - probably needs a new compressor. Expected more for the money. Perhaps a different fridge with thermo electric instead of compressor might be the answer.

Date PurchasedSep 2014

MikeCairns

Planned obsolescence at it's finest.

Like many posters on here my Vintec has now popped up to 26 degrees from the 18 degree set point virtually to the day of the 2 year anniversary of purchase date so, of course, probably out of warranty. I had this issue when I first bought the fridge in September 2015 and Vintec were outstanding in getting the fridge fixed (twice). Now that Electrolux owns Vintec I await their response to the latest problem. Will report back.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Donna WoodsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay Away

Date PurchasedMay 2011

Paul

PaulMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Stopped cooling after 3 years

Worked for three years but certainly not worth the money. Wish I had read the reviews prior to purchasing. Out of warranty now and useless. Clearly not a quality product worth paying the dollars they charge for it. not going to bother getting it serviced. Any ideas on a better quality product to purchase?

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Anna

AnnaAdelaide

Cool wine chiller

The wine chiller is easy to use and looks great in the kitchen- my husband likes the blue interior light- which can be turned off, also. Makes afew noises, as all fridges do. Maintains correct temperatures. Handy having the 2 different temperature zones for reds and whites. Good having the option of locking it when kids are about!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

TanyaD

TanyaDAU

Expensive Landfill

We have now had a total of 4 Vintec Bar Fridges. Yes they look amazing! That is where the compliments finish. Unfortunately not one of the 4 fridges have done what fridges are designed to do and that is keep cold. My husband wants cold beer not tepid beer and the wine fridge is cooler outside the fridge than inside. Have had many technicians come and "fix" them and I have also been told by the technicians that they are not designed to be 'cold'. Do your self a favour and purchase another brand. Vintec listen to your customers and fix this disastrous, expensive product.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Great when it worked

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Kerrie

KerrieForresters Beach

Faulty Product…wouldn't recommend

Date PurchasedNov 2011

Great product support

Our original Vintec performed flawlessly for 3 years, then lost gas through compressor leak....Vintec offered repair at their cost or replacement with new unit....we went for the new unit & it turned up as promised, the old unit was taken away by the delivery guys. So we are happy campers!

Date PurchasedDec 2014

complete compressor rebuild at a cost of $800. 2 Year Warranty

I bought this fridge as my wife loves to drink wine . It was all installed professionally and like other users just after 2 years it started to play up. I would set the temp at between 5 degrees and 12 degrees and it would not go below 24 degrees. I had a repairer come out who told me it would need a complete compressor rebuild at a cost of $800.

For $800 I would rather go and buy a $400 wine fridge, non Ventec and replace it every year if it needed it.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

2 Year Warranty - Lasted 2 Years

Bought my Vintec in the Penfolds promotion in July 2014, guessing it was delivered 16 weeks or later....hopefully still in warranty...stopped cooling, fan working, compressor humming, so expect gas has failed from...will call Vintec tomorrow but don't expect much from this online feedback...had a Eurocave that has not missed a beat since 2000.

UPDATE: phoned Vintec today, received really excellent service, 5 minutes on phone and offered to replace fridge...well done Vintec, things go wrong it's how you respond that counts...

Date PurchasedJul 2014