Virgin Wines
See the Best Wine & Liquor Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Virgin Wines

Great Wine

Placed order and delivery was within a week.
Hoping to Velocity points are applied to purchase
Stock supplied is a nice drop.

Dave Mc.
Dave Mc.South East Queensland, QLD

Great wine at great value

Love their wine at this price point. There was a mistake in the order and they couldn’t have been more helpful in their response. Fantastic service.

Great value great wines

My first wine package from Virgin Wines was extremely enjoyable with great value for money and great wine definitely recommend

Virgin's mixed red dozens

My subscription has introduced me to a wonderful range of Australian reds that not only drink well now but that if can resist the temptation will keep well and at great value for money.

Chris
ChrisSydney, NSW

Scammed into signing future orders -terrible customer service

W C.
W C.Perth, WA

A scam company

Virgin Wines is no different to a scam. The company disgusted me. I've cancelled my future orders last year. Somehow Virgin Wine has restarted the order without my permission. I've tried sending them a couple of emails and yet receive any replies from them. I've just sent them another email and asked them to deregister my account. I don't want to see anything related to virgin wine in my house or in the mailbox in the future.

Geoff
GeoffFar North Queensland, QLD

Won't honor their own terms and conditions! TERRIBLE customer service.

A previous post states: "I have attempted to cancel my subscription via phone and email. Virgin Wines continue to take payment then I have to chase for a refund. Again another box delivered today and CC charged. How many attempts to cancel the subscription must one make. Warning - do not sign up".
I COMPLETELY agree having gone through the same experience! Furthermore, their own terms state that you can return wine if it is not to your liking - I have emailed 3 times over a period of 5 weeks to enquire about a return and heard NOTHING.

Do not buy from them

Buy one box and you will be sent and charged for further boxes of wine whether you order them or not.

Christmas case not delivered By Christmas

received an email on a nice case that would be delivered for Christmas. Ordered 9th December. Chased them on 22nd December, they simply pointed me to the Aramax website, who they use for delivery. No accountability, no ownership. That website showed me expected delivery 22nd to 24th, now mid afternoon on 24th, website will shows it is travelling between 2 depot sites. Not arriving by Christmas, 3 weeks and they could not deliver it on time.
Don't rely on online delivery services !
Tried to call Virgin wines today, they are closed, sounds like they will be enjoying a Christmas drink !
Virgin - call me to collect (if it ever does arrive) & refund !

Terrible service

Joe R.
Joe R.South East Queensland, QLD

Charged me $170 for unsolicited wine orders

Virgin Wines charged my credit card $170 for a box of wine I did not order, I spent half an hour on the phone waiting for a customer service representative to arrange to cancel the order and get a refund, they advised me this was sorted.

A week later I have yet to be refunded for the wine and the unsolicited wine has arrived at my door. I think this is disgraceful business practices and I wouldn't recommend Virgin Wines at all, go to your local wine shop and save yourself the hassle.

Customer ServiceVirgin WinesSend a private message

Charged me I didn't ask for. They said will be contacting me within 3 business days. It's been 10 days now mate no news.

I was charged with a box of wine I didn't order. immediately contacted them to cancel my order as my plan is for next year. On my purchase history shows my new order has been dispatched with order number 'Not available'. Even better.
I will call my bank to cancel this forced transaction. Also it's none of my business how they plan to return the wines which will be free standing next to my post box if it arrives.

Fishedoff
FishedoffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Charging for wines not ordered—Do not do business with VIRGIN WINES

Customer ServiceVirgin WinesSend a private message

No option to cancel my wine club membership leaves a bad taste in the mouth

Purely one star because there is no option to cancel my wine club membership without having to deal with a call-centre. 10/10 easy to join up, 10/10 hard to exit. Would not recommend.

Max Matthews
Max MatthewsSydney, NSW

Signed me up to a plan with no knowledge

I rang a number from a Virgin wines letterbox drop an ordered 1 case of wine. Before ordering, I repeated myself about 900 times "this is a once off, right?", because I had been stung before by 'Angel wines' and their overpriced subscription for literally the most disgusting wine I had ever drank.

What happens today? $169 taken out of my bank account by Virgin wines. Don't run a business if you have to trick people into subscribing. Making me go to the effort of cancelling it and getting a refund like I'm sitting around waiting to protect myself from fraud.

Disgusting business, 0 stars if I could.

Trevor R.
Trevor R.asked

How do I cancel my wine plan?

Jarryd W.
Jarryd W.asked

Hi just wondering if anyone knows roughly how long it will take to receive an order from Virgin Wines? Example; I’ve been waiting 10 business days so far since my order was “ready”. Is this normal? I’ve tried to ask them but unfortunately they just send me a generic email each time explaining delays with no answer to my question. Just want a rough idea. I understand there is delays, but customers still have a right to an ETA! :) Not just a response like “we don’t know” :/
Not sure if I’ll continue with this company, haven’t been too happy with the response from them. Maybe it’s normal though.

Lyle Allan
Lyle Allan

Very quick. My order took about a week from Sydney to Barwon Heads Victoria Great service and great wine

Jenny
Jennyasked

I sent some flowers to my 95 year old mother on Mother's Day using the company Prestige Flowers.
I found out yesterday that my mother had also received a case of wine from Virgin wines with the flowers.
I was taken aback as I hadn't ordered any wine. It appears that my mother had found a redemption voucher for a £50 discount on a case of wine from Virgin Wines. She rang the number on the voucher and - hey presto - a case of wine arrived the next day. She handed the voucher to the delivery man and put her 12 'free' bottles of wine in the garage. Apparently she paid nothing for the wine. She thought the Virgin redemption voucher was an extra gift from myself.....
I hope very much that my mother hasn't inadvertently set up a monthly wine subscription for herself as at her rate of drinking she will be 150 before she finishes a year's supply of wine from Virgin.
On a more serious note can Virgin explain what has happened here? My mother didn't need or want the wine but thought that she was getting 'something for nothing'. What sorts of checks are in place to prevent this sort of thing happening? Is my mother or am I in for a nasty shock in the next week or two?

Get an answer from our members and Virgin Wines representatives