Vroom Vroom Vroom

Be clear of what to expect when buying car insurance through vroomvroom

Car rental application process was smooth and user friendly.
The main point of this review is to encourage would-be users of vroomvroom to be clear of what to expect should you choose to purchase car excess insurance through vroomvroom ('3rd party insurer') rather than directly with the car rental company that vroomvroom links you with.
Should any excess payment be due at the end of the rental period, you would still have to pay the full excess amount to the car rental company first, then wait for more than a week (which is where I am now) for the rental company to send you the repair invoice, which you would have to submit to the 3rd party insurer together with other required documents which the rental company will provide you with.
11 days after returning my rental car and being charged with the full $4000 excess by Budget on my credit card, I'm still waiting for the repair invoice from Budget, which I will submit to the 3rd party insurer before they can even begin to assess my claim. (to be fair, Budget promises to refund me the unutilised portion of the $4000 after repair costs have been accounted for)

I hope this gives a fair idea of what to possibly expect should you purchase car insurance through vroomvroom's website, rather than directly with the car rental company, and end up in the unfortunate situation of having to pay excess (in my case, it was for a scratch at the back of the car which I only discovered when returning the car, without any inkling of how the scratch came to be)

I appreciate that vroomvroom provides a link with 3rd party insurers when renting a car through their platform.
I do think it's important to know what to expect when you do purchase insurance through this link.
Purchasing insurance directly with the car rental company may cost more, but saves all the work that I've described above, which still remains to be completed.
You make the choice.
Caveat emptor, and cheers.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience. I'm sorry to hear that Budget's assessment of the damage repair cost to the boot is taking so long. It is standard procedure for rental companies to put a hold for the total excess amount on your credit card while assessing the repair cost. They would then release the relevant funds (total excess - repair cost) once the repair cost has been confirmed and provide you with an invoice which is used to claim reimbursement from the insurer. The insurance sold through VroomVroomVroom is an Allianz Australia product that is reimbursement insurance which works similarly to travel insurance. Please forward the following details so I may share them with our Insurance Team who will contact Allianz to ensure your claim is paid promptly once submitted: Your Name and Insurance Policy Number. Email: help@vroomvroomvroom.com.au ATTENTION TIA Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback and look forward to receiving your email.Thank you for your helpful reply, and the offering of assistance. Appreciate it. I have sent an email with the above-mentioned requested information.

Ripoff

The service was ok and the car was new so that was ok too but it was a total ripoff - much more expensive than if I had gone direct to the car hire place. Expensive lesson learnt and I wont use this company again

Hi! Thanks for telling us about your experience. I'm very sorry we have not met your expectations on this occasion. Please email me directly at community@vroomvroomvroom.com.au with your booking confirmation number and any important details, as I would like to assist you further. Best Regards, Julia.

So helpful and pleasant

Customer service was excellent
Every detail was handled promptly and all our requests were met in a professional manner and experience knowledge

Thank you for the feedback Owie. We are pretty proud of our Customer Care Team - will definitely pass on your kind words. Thanks again Tia.

Comparative site with additional booking feature.

Handy online chat feature which helps interstate visitors with questions. I have not used the online booking service yet and will keep this site in mind for price comparisons when i have figured out the particulars like depot locations and dates.

Hi Kaety, thank you for your feedback. Please let us know if you do require any further assistance for your upcoming booking. Cheers Tia.

Effortless

Thanks Riz for changing our pick-up time. Effortless .... a great start to our Christmas holiday without too much time required

Hi Paddy! It's fantastic to hear that you have had a good experience. Our team works hard to make the booking process as easy as possible. Your feedback will be passed onto Riz. Thanks for booking your car with us and we hope that you will have a wonderful Christmas. - Mic

Great service after I made a booking mistake

I supplied the wrong email address and Zandra was most helpful in fixing and resending my booking. Great online chat service!

Hi Allan! Thanks so much for your wonderful comments. We are glad you have had a good experience. Your positive feedback will be passed onto Zandra. Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this great review. - Mic

Beware of making reservations through this platform

I reserved a premium group car with Hertz through this platform more than a month in advance. Upon arrival in Melbourne, I was given a car from a group much cheaper than what I reserved but was charged for premium group. When I raised this with customer service of both Hertz and Vroom, I was told, not in so many words, that my reservation does not mean anything. lesson learnt: you have more consumer protection being a walk in, at least you pay what you get. The maddening thing about this is the attitude of the customer service of vroom. Not only are they not helpful, they are arrogant. The bragged that they have 700 customers a day and that too bad, you are an isolated incident- no assistance whatsoever. They earn a profit from the insurance and my personal data and basically telling me to "go away".

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. As I am unable to see any personal information, please email me with your booking number as I would like to further investigate your experience for you - tia@vroomvroomvroom.com.au Look forward to hearing from you.

Fantastically easy

Service was great I had questions that were quickly answer and any fears that I had in making a booking and finding extra charges was quickly dispelled. Awesome service and result for me so I definitely made a booking after being referred to this site.

We are glad that you have had a great experience booking with VroomVroomVroom. If you’re travelling somewhere again soon, don’t hesitate to contact us. Have a great week, Julia.

Live chat

Quick response time and accurate answer within minutes. Much appreciated help and assistance. Would recommend to use this service :)

Hey there Sean! Thank you so much for your positive review and recommendation :) Have a wonderful day - Isobel

Thanks a lot

Riz was really helpful and fast. She helped solved my problem within 5 mins. Appreciated the help
Thanks a lot!

Hi :) Thanks so much for your review! We will pass on your positive comment to Riz. Have a great day - Isobel

Great

Riz was quick to anser my enquiries i always go to vroom vroom to book cars if you want quick responses recommend these guys

Hello :) Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your booking experience. Happy travels! - Julia

Vroom Vroom Vroom makes it easy !

I have been using this site for many years, and always saves me time. Today I had a question that "Zandra" sorted out very quickly and put my mind at ease. Thanks, and have a safe Christmas Season :)

Hi Tony! Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending VroomVroomVroom to other travellers. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with! Julia.Glad to help, just like other compare sites, yours site saves travelers time making booking a vehicle easy. thanks.

Live Chat

Fabulous customer service they were prompt and helpful. Would recommend using this service to anyone looking to book a vehicle.

Hi there! We are happy that you have had a good experience using VroomVroomVroom, and hope to see you again in the future. Have a great afternoon - Julia.

Great value and always willing to help

I love using Vroom Vroom Vroom to get the best value car hire - primarily its a great comparison site. I've always found them incredibly helpful when plans change, come unstuck or even if booking details are lost etc. Far more so than the individual hire companies. Great local call centre and very responsive to email!! Thanks so much!!

Hi there! Thank you for using VroomVroomVroom again. We appreciate your loyalty and your continued trust in our services. We hope to hear from you again! Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. Have a great Monday :) Julia.

Prompt & Professional

Jime helped me in amending my car hire booking. She was very professional and her prompt action was excellent. I have not seen the vehicle yet as our trip won't be until next year.

Hi there! Thanks so much for your wonderful comments. Your positive feedback will be passed onto our team. Have a great day - Julia

Simple, Efficient, Clear

I had to make a change in my booking details, and was IMMEDIATELY served online by one of their service personnel Patrick. He was very efficient and with no-questions-asked, swiftly assisted me in my requests.
I have yet to pick up my car, but with such service at the start, it is indeed promising indeed. I will definitely write another review at the end of my car rental experience in mid-December 2018.

Hi Eman! Thank you so much for your awesome review on our service. We have passed your positive feedback to Patrick and he really appreciate your kind words. We can't wait to hear your review this December. Have a great day! - Mic

Wonderful Customer Service Rendered

Rizza ,was very helpful and talking to her was like chatting to a friend ,she helped resolve my booking time issue in a flash .Keep up the good work ,will definitely use Vroom for all my future bookings .

Hi there! Thanks so much for your wonderful comments. Your positive feedback will be passed onto our team. We are glad you have had a good experience. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers - Julia

Great Service

Great service from the staff over email in ensuring i was able to guarantee a baby seat in a remote / regional airport.

Hello! Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending VroomVroomVroom to other travellers. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with! - Julia.

Excellent service after a specific query

Long term user of Vroom Vroom Vroom and always happy so after recent issue with one rental company wanted specifics on one aspect i.e. extra charges for spouses. Rizza came back with a precise update on most operators and now forewarned about a couple of these people 'sneaking in' extra charges so shame on them and congrats to Vroom and Rizza

Hi there! We are happy that you have had a good experience using VroomVroomVroom, and hope to see you again in the future. I will make sure to pass your positive feedback to Rizza! Cheers - Julia.

Very professional service

Rizza showed a great patience in answering all my questions and was very professional and courteous. Hence I was persuaded to book with her. She was quick and attentive. It was indeed nice to chat with her this morning. I wish her the best.

Cheers
Ranjit

Hey Ranjit! It's always fantastic to hear that customers have enjoyed booking with us. We hope we can help with your next car rental. Have a great day - Julia.

I've just got an email quote from Vroom Vroom Vroom. Their email address is VroomVroomVroom <response@cartrawler.com>. Cartrawler has horrendous reviews. What's their connection?
Hi Jon! Thanks for your question. Car Trawler is our partner for some of the international bookings. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at help@vroomvroomvroom.com.au Have a great day, Julia.

How to get to live chat?
Hi Luis! Just check this page and you will find live chat window in the right bottom-right corner -> https://support.vroomvroomvroom.com/ Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. JuliaAs above the Live Chat window was on the bottom of the screen so I just clicked on to it.

Looking for whole day tour and so wants to hire a car? Am little confused about the charges and any other hidden fees involved. I can be reach out at 0061481717586
Hi there, Sorry sorry for late reply, we are not in the office on weekends. I have called & let a message. If you can email us at help@vroomvroomvroom.com.au with the following details we can forward a quote & then we can communicate by email if that is suitable to you. Pickup location, time and date Return location, time and date Flight number (if airport arrival) Country of Residency Age 25 + OR 21 – 25 *Rates are only guaranteed on confirming a reservation. Please advise.Thanks for contacting VroomVroomVroom. Cheers, Julia.

Similar listings