Weisshorn Sleeping Bag

Weisshorn Sleeping Bag

3.7

PaulandJaneCentral, SA

I had high expectations & it comfortably met them.

Purchased in August 2019 at Oz Plaza Living for A$65.80.

Neel

NeelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very conformable

I bought this for my sister and she absolutely loved it. Used it for camping and it was very comfortable and perfect for the weather conditions. I ended up buying 2 more and it is also very easy to store them.

Purchased in February 2019 at eBay for A$36.00.

shin

shin

Very warm

This product is very very good. size is enough large and warm. it also can use bedding , blanket and mat. very very very good good good you must buy this

Sleeping Bags and Mats

Find out how Weisshorn Sleeping Bag compares to other Sleeping Bags and Mats

Don't rely on this sleeping bag!

I agree it is roomy and it kept me warm around my shoulders. But I needed a bag to keep me warm when I was trekking and sleeping in temperatures down to -2. I was really cold. The main body of the bag simply does not provide warmth for the temperatures I was in - let alone the claim of -10! Not only did it not keep me warm but the fabric it is made of makes you sweat as well - cold and sweating in a sleeping bag! Not my idea of a good purchase.

Gustave

Gustave

Don't believe the -10° claim.

This is a good, well put together sleeping bag. It is comfortable, roomy and has a nice feel. I would not believe the claim that it is a -10° to 15° bag. Maybe you won't die at -10 but you won't be warm. The other review here is quite obviously written by the seller. It's nearly word for word from the ad. I would recommend this for a good summer sleeping bag. Well worth the money. Just don't use it in the cold.

Sharleen

SharleenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Covers everything a sleeping bag should

Pauline R.asked

any body bought Weisshorn 10cm self inflating sleeping mats? Reviews please.

PaulandJane

Hello Pauline, I'm sorry I've no experience with the sleeping matt's other than the thought are they really necessary? I do appreciate that people's needs are different and you may need one, or it may just be mind over matter, yes the ground is hard but the weisshorn sleeping bags are not.

Have a good day ma'am
Paul

Pauline R.asked

where does Weisshorn brand come from and can I buy instore?
Self inflating mats

PaulandJane

Hi Pauline, I've already replied to your question about sleeping matt's in a different reply so I won't go back over that but this reply is about a shopfront, manufacturing etc.
I believe weisshorn camping is a supplier only and as such isn't the manufacturer of all the products they retail. Of those products some may be Australian made, some may not but weisshorn is an Melbourne based company and so does provide jobs and income for Australians. Below is a copied & pasted excerpt from their website.
"All items are dispatched from our warehouse in Melbourne, Australia.

Under normal conditions, delivery will take between 3 and 8 working days after dispatch, depending on your location. Remote areas will required longer delivery time. If you are given a tracking number, please use it to track the delivery status of your order.

We regret that our warehouse is not accessible to the public. As such, we do not offer a pick-up option."

Further info from a Web search tells that they are owned by New Aim, https://appliedmarks.com.au/browse/trademarks-owned-by-new+aim+pty.+ltd/

Your question really struck my patriotic fibre, discovering that weisshorn was actually owned by an umbrella company, New Aim PTY Ltd, inspired me to look a little deeper and I found that New Aim owns lots of trademarks/business significant to Australia and this did make me feel good. http://www.newaim.com.au/

I know this has been a longer reply than you probably wished for but it's one I'm proud to have given for the patriot in me.

Yours sincerely
Paul

Angela M.
Angela M.

My understanding is that Weisshorn branded products are 100% produced in China, the brand name "Weisshorn" is perplexing at the very least. I feel it it is meant to imply that the brand is German or has German connections? Who knows? My concern would be that their products only have a one year warranty. Any product with one year warranty is because the manufacturer doesn't expect it to last beyond one year! Personally I'd pay a little more and look at brands with better warranties and hopefully some part of the process is Australian.

Pauline R.

Thankyou. Have decided to follow your advice and go with known brands with good reviews
Cheers