Who Gives A Crap Toilet Paper

Who Gives A Crap Toilet Paper Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Michelle
Michelle

I can't believe they are now using Couriers Please. I have been purchasing WGAC for over two years now and their delivery has always been expedient, not any more because of their choice in couriers. Is this correct?

Rachel
Rachel

Yea my friend Chris farrago’s has still not got her orgibal order then promised a replacement and yet still nothing couriers please goes from been delivered today to delay in delivery she’s been waiting over 4 weeks

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hi Michelle, Our warehouse predetermines the couriers assigned to each area depending on availability and we can’t guarantee which courier will be assigned to the deliveries. If you're waiting on an order, please send us an email to wedo@whogivesacrap.org so we can follow up on this for you. Thanks!

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hi Rachel, we're really bummed to hear about your friends delayed order. Please ask them to reach out to us at wedo@whogivesacrap.org so we can look into this right away. Thanks!

Freya F.

Do you just use bamboo for your products or do you add any chemicals whatsoever?

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hi Freya, Thanks for the question! Our bamboo TP is made from 100% bamboo fibres. You can learn more about how our TP is made here: external link

Thank you!

Freya F.

Would you choose this toilet paper over regular toilet paper?

Jill

Definitely

100%

Lisa
Lisa

Secret code answer on box

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hi Lisa, we hope you haven't lost too much sleep over this one. The answer to the anagram is...
Secrets secrets are no fun

Hope that was one of your guesses!

Chrissie OK
Chrissie OK

Is the recycled toilet paper bleached?

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hi Chrissie, We don't use any traditional bleach in our products. For our recycled rolls we use a small amount of hydrogen peroxide to help strengthen and brighten. You can read more here: external link  Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Judy Fitzgerald
Judy Fitzgerald

Can you please tell me if the toilet roll itself is compostable or does it need to go into the recycling?

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hi Judy! Our TP tubes are made from recycled cardboard and can be added to compost, recycled or repurposed. Please feel free to email us at wedo@whogivesacrap.org if you have any other questions. We hope this helps!

Sonya Z.
Sonya Z.

Just wondering if you can tell me how much your toilet paper is per 100 sheets (as every other toilet paper has it displayed on the shelf that way) so I’m just curious how much yours is. Thanks in advance

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hi there, Sonya! Here’s a handy toilet paper formula you can use - Total price / Number of rolls / Number of sheets per roll x 100
For example, we offer 48 rolls of 100% Recycled TP for $60 (400 sheets per 3ply roll)
$60 / 48 / 400 x 100 = 34c per 100 sheets
We have more information about this on our website, here: external link

Merry
Merry

Hi! What are the dimensions of a roll? Would love to subscribe however double-length rolls may be too big for our roll-holders? Do you sell single-length?
Many thanks
Mem

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hi there, Merry! The size of our double length rolls are:
Diameter: 118-120mm
Inner core: 38mm
Height: 10cm
We hope that helps.

Gill

Hello. Very disappointed that I've discovered your toilet paper is made in [Content Removed]. I would sign up today, but for that fact. I can't knowingly buy something manufactured there. Why give them the business, after all that's happened? It would be wonderful if you could find some other, less controversial country (or even here??) to use. I'll keep hoping.

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hi Gill! Thanks for asking and we appreciate how passionate you are around our manufacturing. We chose to manufacture in [Content Removed] for several reasons, ranging from avoiding importing materials (which would add to our footprint!), to being able to use recycled cardboard for our boxes and even because we'd be having our competitors create our product! As we grow and scale our business, we are definitely keen to look into local production. Unfortunately it's not a quick or easy process, but we're already underway exploring the idea! If we are able to move our production more locally in a way that is sustainable for our business, customers, the environment and, most importantly, our impact, we'd definitely consider making a permanent move. That being said, we make sure to manufacture our products responsibly. We work hard to ensure good working standards and good influence - where we aim to positively impact our production partners to be educated in sustainability, inspire them to make their own charitable donations and establish a work environment that matches the standards we hold across the rest of our organisation. You can check out more here: external link

Gill

Thank you for your prompt reply and clear explanation.

Doug
Doug

Just about to buy, then I saw that manufacture is in [Content Removed].
For whatever the reason you have decided to support [Content Removed] ... I cannot.
When [Content Removed] is out of the equation .... I will be a customer.

Beau H.
Beau H.

is it manufactured in australia

housewifey
housewifey

No. They claim to produce their toilet paper in China. They claim their mission is to improve the lives of people in the developing world. With this in mind they say they choose to produce their toilet paper in China.
That’s not Enviromentally friendly as it’s a lot of air miles for toilet paper which could be produced locally supporting Australian made and our own economy.

libby
libby

No it’s made in China !! Who knew

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hi Beau, We understand where products are made is something that lots of people care about. We are an Australian company with hubs around the world and we manufacture our products in China!

Initially setting up operations in China was a decision we made after taking into consideration a number of factors. We like to share as much information as we can with our supporters and the “Where is all of this made?” FAQ - is the most read question on our website. You can find that on our FAQ database, here: external link  we hope this gives you an insight.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

They make it in China

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hi Jay! When we first launched our brand, we wanted to produce locally, but no domestic manufacturing partners were capable or willing to make our products to our exacting standards and without plastic packaging. A box of 48 delightfully wrapped rolls was not a project that local producers wanted to take on, so we had to get creative and that led us to China for initial sourcing partners to bring our vision to life. Fast forward 10 years and our manufacturing base has globalised and still includes China. Our partners in China help with our unique sustainability challenges. China is a key global source of high quality raw materials which means that our post-consumer recycled paper and bamboo are sourced locally near our manufacturers. This produces less carbon emissions than other supply chain models that ship their raw materials in from other places. Plus, we ship our China production via sea freight to multiple port locations near our warehouses. This produces less carbon emissions than companies who truck their goods long distances from one central manufacturing location. Driving around a large country from a single production site isn’t always better than manufacturing and shipping offshore.

Overall, we are committed to manufacturing our goods in the best locations to deliver customer value, quality, sustainability and delight, whilst always ensuring the people and communities who make our products are working in safe, ethical and respectful environments. Some of our manufacturing sites are within our sales markets (hello USA, UK & EU!!) and some continue to be located in Asia. As we grow, we'll continue to be on the lookout for ways to manufacture our products in a way that’s sustainable and delightful for you, for us and for the planet.

Hi
I am rethinking my purchases of many items your included, at present and I would be happier if your toilet paper was Made In Aussie land.. ( I am fighting a China only development/resort in Coronet Bay where I live) solely for the Chinese tourist and run by Chinese only, in a very environmentally sensitive area and small rural community , for their sole purpose, in saying that I am not going to purchase your paper anymore, even though you do do amazing charity work, and employ staff.. Just wondering with the discussions on china and its issues are you reconsidering your business model?

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hi KD, Thank you for your support in helping us do good. We understand where products are made is something that lots of people care about and it’s great that consumers like yourself are asking questions like this and considering the impact of the products you buy.

Initially setting up operations in China was a decision we made after taking into consideration a number of factors. We have an FAQ on our website that explains our thinking, which you can find here: external link

We’re really proud of the relationships we’ve built with our producers in China, and it’s been rewarding to see their small businesses grow and teams expand. Having said that, as we grow as a global business there are many good reasons why we would look to add to or diversify where our products are made. Having access to big pools of local raw materials is really important, but we also want to reduce costs & lead times for distribution and shipping, both so we can get products to you faster, but more importantly, so we can reduce our impact on the environment and increase our donations to charity.

There’s lots of things to consider and the exciting part is that our options start to open up as we scale the business. We already have plans in the works to scope out and diversify our production footprint in the coming year. Whether this includes Australia, or happens in parts of Europe and the Americas (as we sell in both these regions now as well), we don’t yet know. There are a really limited number of paper mills & tissue converters in Australia, so whether we’d need to be an attractive option for those producers.

We hope this helps explain where we’re at. Our goal is always to be transparent and provide information that helps you make the best decision for you. Let us know if you have any other questions.

H KD

Thankyou for taking the time to respond. I did previously read where is this made- l don't run a business as yours and realise there are many obstacles in the process. It is a shame we can not keep all of a product Aussie or a larger percent of it in our own country. Others l know have factories in Melbourne employ staff and keep our econamy running and also use China to buy fabric. There are many more such busnises, it complicate..
Regards Helena Kidd

jaya36
jaya36

We are looking to use loo paper only for #2, as we use flannelette cloths for #1... is it really strong? hubby has IBS, lol.
And is it still made in China? That's likely a deal breaker for me... building loos not withstanding.

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hi there! Our premium toilet paper made out of 100% bamboo fibres might suit your need! It's super strong and soft, and part of the profits still go to making toilets in the developing world! We are out of stock at the moment though, but you can add your email to our mailing list so you can get notified once we're back in business. Premium Bamboo rolls (with mailing list sign up) - external link

Yep, we manufacture in China! Read more on our FAQ - external link

emck

Does anyone know if it actually saves money compared to buying from supermarket?

Bent O.

Isn’t it just a simply matter of checking their website prices vs Supermarket prices?

Easy solution....
1. Get the price for the particular product you want from their website.
2. Calculate the per sheet $
3. Get the price for the particular brand and type you prefer from the supermarket that you frequent.
4. Calculate the per sheet $
5. Now compare the different $ per sheet to determine saving.

I can’t do it for you as it depends on which specific brand and type (eg 2ply vs 3ply) you are comparing. Additionally be aware that supermarkets offer weekly specials which may alter your final ‘saving’.

PS: I successfully tested it based on my own personal requirements.

Note: luckily most supermarket prices already calculate on ‘per 100’ sheets so that should make it easier for you.

Please consider listing your research outcome for the benefit of others. Thanks.

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hey guys! Our website does include the $-cost per 100 sheets on each of the products, so you can use those to calculate against other options! Unfortunately we can't provide an end-all statement to say that we're cheaper than supermarket brands as typically those prices change with sales and special offers (and also depends on your country) - although we do make sure to keep our own prices competitive. Customers also may not realise the cost value right away, and sometimes overlook that each of our rolls is double length, with 400 3-ply sheets. Their usual pack from the supermarket may only be 180 sheets per roll!

karenfff
karenfff

For fun I calculate which toilet paper is cheaper. WGAC is slightly more expensive.
WGAC recycle toilet paper is 185grams (400 sheets). Quilton double length is about 206grams (360 sheets). I remove the inner cardboard roll for this calculation. Quilton sheets are also slightly longer.
I normally buy Quilton close to $1/roll (can't remember exact cost). WGAC is $1.08/roll.
$1/206x1000. Quilton is $4.85/kilo.
$1.08/185x1000. WGAC recycle is $5.84/kilo.
WGAC is $0.99 more per kilo.
In conclusion....SAVING in convenience. and reducing waste.....but only to landfills.

Ken & Alice Atkinson.
Ken & Alice Atkinson.

Is your product suitable for septic tanks

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hey Ken & Alice! Both our recycled and bamboo toilet paper are 100% biodegradable and have been tested for dispersion rates and 'flushability', so should be suitable for use in septic systems. If your system at home is particular sensitive, we'd recommend getting in touch with the tank manufacturer directly to check whether there are any restrictions around which papers can be used. For example, some systems play nicer with 1 or 2-ply, rather than 3-ply.

Lynn B.

I have just received a box of 48 but unfortunately this is no where near the quality of last years supply. It immediately struck me as a different colour, it is not as soft and has poor absorbency by comparison.
Have you changed supplier or did the supplier change the product without your knowledge? I am disappointed with it and would not likely recommend to others now. Lynn B

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hey Lynn, thanks so much for bringing this up! I'd love to look into that for order for you, could you please provide me your email address and the order number?

Order no 1370443AU confirmed 23/1/20. Email [Content Removed]

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Thanks Lynn! I'll reach out to you directly via email.

Bent O.

Why are you breaching this sites posting rules?

Hi,
I've purchased once and will continue to use you guys. I mentioned it to a friend and they asked me how I knew that any money actually went to building toilets for the disadvantaged? I thought good question.
Guys, what proof can you offer that in fact money is going to a good cause?
Thanks and regards,

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hi Greg! Good question indeed. We have several charity partners that we work with that utilize our donations to maximize our impact, and we've got some of their letters acknowledging and thanking us for our support. You can check these out on our FAQ page here - external link  You can also check out our latest impact update we released earlier this year here - external link

We're just about due for another update on our donations, and we'll have that out super soon. We'll keep you guys posted, as always. :) Thanks so much for your support Greg!

Georgie

Where is who gives a crap toilet paper made ?

Micky Hanlin
Micky Hanlin

Unfortunately, it’s made in China...

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hey Georgie, sorry for not getting back to you sooner! We've recently started to manage this page. Micky's answer above is right, our productions are all set up in China. It's a decision we've not made lightly after considering a number of factors:

- Quality and packaging options: eg. being able use paper wrappers and recycled cardboard boxes rather than plastic as there's currently no Australian producer that could do this
- Sourcing materials: having access to a large pool of raw materials of post consumer waste and bamboo (not readily available in Au)
- Cost of operations: Australian toilet tissue manufacturers are few and far between and also have their own brands to produce and sell – so we’d be their competitors!
- Our brand mission: our goal is to make sure everyone has access to a toilet by 2050. Building a sustainable business model that delivers quality and environmentally responsible products at competitive prices is how we're going to get there.

Also, there’s a bit of a misconception about production in China which we think is important to talk about. Some people think products aren’t as good quality, but from everything we’ve been involved with, we find this totally untrue. We work closely with our producers to ensure standards and processes we’re happy with. You can read more about how we monitor working conditions and wages in this article -
external link

Georgie

Thankyou- I am concerned about the transport cost to the environment

Who Gives A Crap   DM

We've got a detailed FAQ on our website that explains our carbon footprint as a business. Check it out here - external link

Who Gives a Crap Kleenex
Is there any reason why there is a piece of plastic at the top where there is a hole to pull Kleenex out? It has to be torn off just to get Kleenex out.
Otherwise nice handy boxes and good product.

Who Gives A Crap   DM

Hey Lyn! Sorry for the late reply - we've just taken ownership of this account. It's a good question. Initially when we designed the tissue boxes we inserted that piece of oxo-biodegradable plastic into each box to keep the contents secure (to make sure the tissue didn't all fall inside the box when you grabbed one). Since then we've had lots of feedback from customers who are reducing the single use plastic their lives, asking us to get rid of it. We're working on that right now, and already have some plastic free tissue boxes out with customers in Victoria, Australia for testing. We're committed to our products being totally plastic free by the end of 2019. This includes tissues, the tape used to secure the boxes, our supermarket six packs and the plastic strapping used on multi box deliveries. This last one is tough, but we're pushing for it! Hope this helps.

Lyn B

Thanks Megan for your reply.
My other question is why is the cover of toilet roll a shiny paper material??
Thanks Lyn

Who Gives A Crap   DM

We use a food grade paper to wrap our toilet rolls, there's no coating, so they can be recycled or composted as normal!

Get an answer from our members and Who Gives A Crap representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Who Gives A Crap Toilet Paper is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024. Learn more

Visit Official Website