Wine Growers

1.4

Maja

Maja

Happy to recommend

I have been a customer of Wine Growers Direct for several years. I have only ever had a problem once, where the wrong wine was delivered, they were very prompt in correcting the issue and immediately sending the correct order. The order process is easy and delivery timely, and I have found the prices competitive. I have enjoyed all the selections I've ordered, none of which I've tasted previously - I just select from the region I know I like. I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

Dean T.Wine Growers Direct

Thank you so much Maja!!! I'm so glad to hear that you've been enjoying your experience so far. Also for your understanding when there was an issue. Thanks again and take care. AM

SLOW DELIVERY AND NO COMMUNICATION

After paying for my wine over a month ago, it was only when I asked questions that the wine was finally sent. No apologies just a remark that it was an IT problem.

After sending so many newsletters and a very pleasant sales person taking my order, you would think they would want to keep customers rather than let them down with delivery and service.

I have sent many emails letting them know the problem without reply. Have asked to be removed from their newsletter for Naked Wines and others do a better customer service.
    Wine was OK when ir did arrive
    Delivery and communication very poor

valbletch

Wrote an email to Jasmin Boys from an earlier review, but was returned.

i have from wine growers direct been really happy with the wines

I have purchased more than 6 dozen shiraz at prices I felt were good and been happy to share them with friends who like nice wine suggest people do not buy no names rather by a good rated wine at a good price do some homework before buying its then hard to get it wrong so long as you do your homework if cannot get reviews do not buy wait for the next offering
    good wine at good prices

Dean T.Wine Growers Direct

Thanks for the positive feedback Ian. Most appreciated!

JamesBibby

JamesBibbyBrisbane

I was conned

Dean T.Wine Growers Direct

Hi James. You'll be pleased to know that this business is now under new management and most of these issues are a thing of the past. Particularly the quality issues. I do hope you give us another try sometime. We'd love to have you back.

Jan

JanKeysborough

Disgusting

Took my money via my credit card and lots of talk but no action to return it,time after time. They blame their debiting company but the fact is I made no order and received no goods and they have still charged my credit card . Do not give them your credit card number under any circumstances.

Gold Coast ChrisBrisbane

Don't even think about buying from Wine Growers Direct - they are hopeless

Do not give WGD your number

I get incessant calls from this company.
    My mistake? I gave them my number during one purchase.
    I have told them (verbally) to cease. No effect.
    I now get two calls 30 minutes apart, 3 days apart.
    It's promotional bull.
    (My phone provider does not have a number-blocking service)
    Their cold-calling is counterproductive. I would never buy from them no matter how good the deal.

incessant calls

Terrible service - 4 months for a refund

After waiting weeks to receive a case of wine I contacted them to be told that it was send back because no one was home. I actually sent the wine to work and asked them to resend it. I contacted them again after another month went by and asked for a refund...no response to my email. I phoned and spoke to someone who said oh yeah we received your email ok we'll give you a refund. Another 3 weeks until the money finally landed in my bank. Atrocious service!
    Good selection, prices, promotion
    customer service, delivery

Very disappointing Customer Service from wine growers direct

totossManly

Oh dear oh dear

totoss

I am happy to say that my credit card has now been credited with the refund. Thanks go to [Personal name Removed] for sorting this out for me.

Waiting, waiting...

Bought a case of wine before Christmas! Still waiting for delivery! Came with carton of free beer. Received that today! Where is the wine??? Trying hard to communicate with [name removed] but he doesn't return phone calls and only responded to 1 of my 4 emails. Disappointed as had hoped for a good experience.

Ordered goods not received. Requested money back & cancellation, not acknowledged.

Hi Winelover101,
    I am so sorry you havent had a great experience at Wine Growers.
    Please email me directly at jasmin.boys@winegrowersdirect.com.au and i will ensure your order is sent out asap.

Stay away with them!

Hi Amio1216,
    I am extreemley sorry for your customer experience.
    Please email me directly at jasmin.boys@winegrowersdirect.com.au and I will ensure your order is looked after in a timley manner.
    Thanks,

kishgraPerth

Terrible service

I got a call from Wine Growers 18/12/12 about ordering extra wine for Christmas. I bought only one carton. I am still waiting for my delivery. I have sent 6 emails asking where my order is and have received nothing except the computer generated one. Phoned and waited until I could wait no more. I phoned this morning 9.20am and the message says phone back during office hours we open at 8.30!

kishgra

I have tried that email right at the beginning back in January and got no answer.

Hi Kishgra,
    I had emailed off to the warehouse to get a rush on your order. I apolagise if i didnt get back to you about it.
    The order has left our warehouse and I will email a tracking number to you right now so you can follow your order.

Still waiting

Ordered wine on 26/12/12, has not arrived even though was supposedly dispatched,tried ringing got through on 3rd attempt after being on hold for 30 minutes, was told that they would send it priority, that was 10 days ago, still waiting! I don't know whether to ask for a refund complain to dept of fair trading, daily telegraph public defender(they get things done) or my credit card provider for a refund.

no wine

arceneadelaide

Let down

Hi Arcene,
    I currently have customer service and the accounts department on the case and have sent you an email to let you know. I will ensure you recieve confirmation as soon as I get an answer from them (this will be today)
    thanks,
    Jasmin.

Maximus33Mackay

Still waiting, waiting they just don't want to know . . . .

Hello Jasmin,
    I have last week and still got no reply. I will try again. Thanks Judy.

Erico

EricoVictoria, Australia

Delivery, promises,promises promises and no apology!

Jasmin B.Wine Growers Direct

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!!

Astrid Gates

Astrid GatesCurrumbin Waters

Unbeatable quality and value.

Having purchased a case of Millers Dixon Creek Estate 2005 Pinot Noir as recommended by Ezra at wine growers direct I was more than willing to trust further recommendations. Veuve Ambal French Sparkling at the price of some Yellowglen and Malborough Sav Blanc plus Saveesea Waipara Pinot virtually given away and I am one very happy customer. Yes! I had to wait longer for the second half of my order than I would have with other wine clubs, but, the savings and quality of the wine made it worth the wait.
    Quality, advise and extraordinary value
    you need to be patient with delivery time

I have had good, fast service, but I bought wine not some cheapskate voucher

I've been ordering from Wine Growers Direct for over a year and a half and I've always received the wine I've ordered and within a reasonable time. I saw many of the complaints on here were from people who have bought vouchers, I don't like to shop that way so I guess it's worked out for me?
    Fast delivery
    Occasionally I've had to call up to chase questions, but not always.

Arnel Landicho

Arnel Landichoasked

Having gone through a traumatic experience of having to chase up an undelivered order with WGD, it is sad to say that I am experiencing the very same thing again. I placed an order for 3 dozen wines and only one got delivered. Now I am counting weeks again and still no delivery. I have made 2 follow ups so far, but to date have not had any success.
    I only received delivery of my order following intervention by David. So David, here we go again with the same frustrating experience repeating itself.
    And it would be appreciated if staff will return calls when they promise to do so.

Bartyboy5821
    Bartyboy5821

Hi Arnel, it's David here. I left this pathetic and useless company in July last year. They are appalling to deal with and work with. More people like you need to keep the complaints going to the ACCC - the more complaints, the more likely of further investigation. There's plenty they will find.

Mila12

Mila12asked

I am so shocked at the australian consumer and their behaviours. Jumping on line and rubbishing companies who are giving it ago rather than spending their energies trying to get an issue solved. Why rubbish and boycott an established Australian business who are giving it ago. All complaints are about those bloody discount purchases where people want things for nothing. Seriously, how about supporting these guys and giving them a fair go.

lessthanwho
    lessthanwho

Get off your high horse Mila. You are obviously involved with the company somehow. Why would the company offer "those bloody discount purchases" if they can't fulfill the order? It looks like a lot of people have given them a 'fair go" and they have been burnt because of it. You are pretty much the only person that gives good feedback to the company. Get over yourself. I ordered wine from Dan Murphys and had it 2 days later and I am classed as regional Australia. I know who is going to get my business

Gold Coast Chris

Thank you Mila. You have convinced me to record a formal complaint and do what I can to prevent anyone else from being conned by this bunch. I shall refer this 'endorsement' to the ACCC so they can investigate whether it is genuine.

valbletch

Wow, are we not allowed to complain? All people are asking for is good old fashioned service. I have tried many times to get an apology for delayed delivery etc. No chance!

DaddyCool

DaddyCoolasked

Is Winegrowers direct a genuine company?

wahine
    wahine

Who knows???? I have yet to get any sort of reply from them.

Winegrowers DirectWine Growers Direct

Hi there,

Winegrowersdirect offices and distribution warehaouse are located in Tullamarine, Victoria. We currently employ 40 staff full time and sell and distribute wine sourced for our Australian farmers, along with some imported product. Our focus is on providing sales avenues for Autralian Farmers directly to the Australian wine consumer, at a fair price for all. Sometimes, as in many businesses, we get it wrong, and it is only through our customers and forums such as this that we can find out what went wrong and are then able to implement processes and procedures to attemp to eliminate the issues. We do apologise if things go wrong and attempt to remedy the issue as soon as we are notified of it. Our main business activities occur through our website and our sales and customer service team here in Tullamarine. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like any assistance or would like to discuss this or any other issues. Thank you, David Penny, Customer Experience Manager, Winegrowers Direct.

Rhonda99
    Rhonda99

I too are the recipient of non delivered wine. Ordered & paid for on the 13th of December & adamantly promised it for Christmas!!! . Still no wine . Well no more orders & I want my money back! Pronto! Or I too will be contacting the ACCC.

Get an answer from our members and Wine Growers Direct representatives