Totally unprofessional, totally disgusted will never call them again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I called Fallon to ask for a rough price on the replacement of a hot water system and the can't even give me a rough idea unless I pay them $49.50 to come and give me a quote. Well the alarm bells start ringing when a service company refuse to give an idea of a cost, but will only do so after you pay them. Life experience tell us that when someone is dodgy about giving an estimate they are going to over-charge on everything especially if you can only extract a price from then if you pay them $49.50, just such a dodgy business model that has no doubt cost them many thousands of dollars with people who refuse to pay for a quote or accept this ridiculous model they use. Now if they were to offer the cost of the quote off the overall price, then that's fair, but they don't, but the guy I spoke with wanted to tell me how I needed to pay for a house checkup and this and that, all while I said I have no interest in anything more than knowing approximately how much to supply and install a hot water system, I also specified the exact brand and size, and he still continued trying to tell me about the other services they would provide as part of their so called quote for an extra set of charges. I have had several properties and I knew exactly what I wanted and simply wanted an estimate, but I refuse to pay someone $49.50 to tell me what I already know except how much to do the work, but he still pushed trying to scare me with "oh the regulations change all the time so the install has to be done by a licensed person", thanks for the common knowledge Fallon, as if that isn't a known fact. Pretty insulting actually and as I have had to replace hot water systems before on another few properties, I have given my business to their opposition and it cost me nothing for a quote, and definitely came in cheaper than what Fallon would have offered, after-all you have to add the cost of the quote to the overall cost of the job, and for their stupid insisting of charging for a quote they have lost a $1300 sale all over $49.50, not to mention I will never use Fallon electrical again because of this also, so that is thousands just from one person they chose to lose. I hope they are proud to lose business and to cop the flack for treating people who know what they want like fools. Their constant push to sell all the extras assures me I am safe in having chosen another company that didn't charge for quotes or insist I needed things I know I don't need. I have the same warranty from the manufacturer so it didn't and doesn't matter who I bought from, so using another company is the best advice a seasoned homeowner can offer those thinking of using this company, and best advise is to shop around rather than be ripped off by a scam business model like these guys insistently try and push for extra services at an inflated price when you don't really need them folks....Seriously, even though they tell you that you do when they have never seen your property (LOL). Don't be silly, every dollar counts these days and especially when you have a couple of properties, jump on the web and get a quote from one of the tradie websites and you will get several calls in no time offering you a price, or make a call to 3 others and you will see what I am saying is nothing but the facts.

Exceptional Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

Our dishwasher had stopped working. Chris R, the technician was friendly, punctual and professional. He was very clear with his diagnosis and set about fixing it a timely fashion. I would recommend Fallon Solutions without hesitation and will definitely be using them again.

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Thanks for the review, Kath. Glad Chris did a great job and managed to fix your dishwasher promptly!

Plumbing - Jason H

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

We have had issues over the past few years with our toilet. Jason H fixed these issues that other plumbers weren’t able to. Also checked our rain water tank and fixed the pressure issues that we had. So happy to have a toilet that now works perfectly, first time since we moved in. We can now use our irrigation system outside without having to move the sprinkler multiple times. Would highly recommend.

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Hey Erin, glad Jason was finally able to find a solution to your plumbing issues! Thanks for taking the time to review and share your experience. All the best.

air con problem

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Nick E was very professional explained everything and totally friendly it was a pleasure dealing with him. Fallons have been more than helpful with our problems .

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Hey Kerry, really nice to hear that you've been pleased with our friendly service and that Nick was a pleasure to deal with. Thanks very much for the review and feedback.

Friendly and helpful, would definitely use again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Matt H attended site within time discussed on the phone, polite friendly and helpful. Would recommend to anyone and definitely use again.

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Thanks for the review, Jason. Glad Matt could help you out and that you were happy with his service.

Now we know what our problem is.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

After Fallon's Sam P cleared our blocked sewer last week, we booked a camera inspection for this week. Chad was on time, had all the camera gear and high pressure hoses and cutters, and cleared out a nasty bunch of roots. Thanks for such great service!

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Hey Mark, thanks so much for the review and great to hear Sam and Chad got your drains cleared with no fuss and that you were pleased with the service.

Brisbane

• 1 comment

A complete rip-off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

I called Fallon for help with a faulty switch on a ducted air conditioning electric damper. I was told the aircon tech would be here between 9 am and 12 midday and there would be a $49.50 travel fee, which would also cover the charge of the first hour, so I agreed. The tech arrived very late, 4 pm, so I wasted an entire day. When he got here he spent the time quoting me an additional about $250 for them to come back and actually quote for the work, as well as trying to sign me up to do a complete service (about $230) I didn't want plus a package to use all their other trades services for an additional about $165. He wasn't prepared to actually have a look at the problem or do any work while he was here. So, it cost me $49.50 to get a quote to give me a quote and for them to spruik a whole lot of very expensive services I neither want nor need. I got absolutely nothing for my money other than a wasted day. I recommend you find someone else to do your work!

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Hi David. Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I am sorry to hear that we have let you down with our scheduling and that you haven't been happy with your recent visit with one of our... read more »

Well, I've already done that for another 'resolutions manager' and not heard from your firm. It is not the particular tech that bothered me, it is your business model. I should not have to pay ju... read more »

Charge like a wounded bull

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

I used Fallon for about 2 years to oversee repairs on some of my rental properties. In the beginning they were very efficient to work with and very communicative with both myself and the tenants. They were also not unreasonable with their pricing given they offer a full service (electrical, plumbing, handyman etc). I found each of the trades to be up and down in terms of quality of service and charging. The handyman was excellent - never has a problem with the work or charging but the electrical and particularly plumbing services were hard to swallow. For example there was a toilet in need of repair or replacement. We decided to replace the original plastic toilet with a ceramic one supplied by Fallon. All up they charged me almost $1200 for this job. The toilet itself could be purchased for $160 at Bunnings (we later found out). Considering we were long-term clients of Fallon at the time I felt we were seriously taken advantage of.

The annual program you can sign up to I also found to be a waste of money. The savings were negligible and more often than not the free checks drummed up more over-priced work.

Simple electrical jobs can be eye-wateringly expensive eg replacing a cheap bathroom fan - $500. $250 to replace a broken dimmer switch etc. In the end I found better tradesmen and stopped using the service.

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Hi. Thank you for sharing your feedback. As majority of our business comes from repeat customers, your satisfaction means everything to us, and our aim is to provide you with the best experience po... read more »

Never Again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

The initial call to arrange a plumber was very pleasant. Call taker was efficient and polite. Unfortunately all of this went down hill very quickly. A plumber, (name can be provided if required) attended in relation to our plumbing issue - leaking bathroom tap. I had the new tap set and just wanted it replaced. He seemed highly uninterested in the actual job and did not even look at the plumbing under the vanity just turned the tap on and off. I mentioned a leaking bath and he started talking about how hard the job would be and may involve knocking out walls. We then explained that the pipes are actually very easily accessible from the ground level vent and showed him this. We also explained that we believe the pipe attachment just needs tightening but we did not have a ladder to reach. He did a large sigh at having to have a look and then tried to pull off the vent cover (which is screwed in). We explained that you need a screwdriver to remove it. He then asked US to provide a screwdriver which we did. I was now firmly concerned about his lack of plumbing and basic handyman skills and had decided that we would fix the bath issue ourselves (as fairly certain it was simple job) and just get the bathroom tap replaced.
I then asked directly for how much it would be to replace the tap set (which we were providing). He refused to answer until he had gone through his lengthy upselling of the Fallon Solutions paid membership paperwork. He was firmly advised that we were not interested (and I feel sorry for all the vulnerable people, such as the elderly that must fall for this) in the membership and to please just tell us how much it would be to replace the tap set. He went and wrote out a detailed quote which was $427.63! This was not including the bath issue which he finally agreed may just be replacing a rubber seal in the pipe, this was going to be $210.90 in addition to the $427.63 for the tap replacement! So in short, to get the tap set replaced ONLY it was a quote for $427.63. This was just his labour as we were providing the parts. Suffice to say that I reluctantly paid the $49 fee to have him walk in the door and sent him on his way. This pricing is unbelievable and I will not be using Fallon Solutions again. Before he left the plumber asked me why I did not want the job done and he was honestly told that his quote was absolutely ridiculous to which there was no response. On this same day I have since found three quotes from local plumbers in the area that are a 1/4 of this quoted price or less. So I realise now that I really was being taken for a serious ride. My word of warning would be to obtain quotes from other businesses before ever considering this business or else you could be paying very dearly for it.

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Hi Jamie. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review regarding your recent experience with one of our plumbing technicians. We take customer satisfaction seriously and I am sorry to hear yo... read more »

Prompt and Efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Thanks you so much for sending Nick E to service my air conditioner, he arrived exactly when he said he would, he was very polite, well mannered and did a great job, my air conditioner looks and sounds like new. What a great service.

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Hi Jill, pleased to hear of your excellent experience with Nick and his service of your air conditioner. Thank you for taking the time to review!

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2018

Mitch 2071 installed some internal light fixtures. He was on time, efficient and took time to ensure that the light fixtures were installed to our satisfaction. He removed all rubbish and was very pleasant.
Fallon are expensive, but convenient.

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Thanks for the review and glad Mitch provided value for money through his service.

great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2018

kurt 2050 arrived as scheduled and completed work as required in a very efficient manner sorting out our problem and giving great advice

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Thanks for the review! Glad Kurt did a great job and provided professional advice.

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

VERY Expensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

I should have turned the water off to the under sink unit until I returned from holiday. However, I called Fallon Solutions instead.
They are very big on the Home Protection Plan (HPP) at $55.00 a year, which gives you a 15% discount on their outrageous prices.
From the invoice: standard travel fee $49.50. I paid $42.08.
simple fault find $251.88. I paid $214.10
The pleasant technician lifted the Zip chilled water unit onto the bench and stated it would be $251.88 for a ‘simple fault find’, which is when I should have asked him to leave, because all he subsequently did was remove several screws from the panel on the unit, observed some mould and stated that, given the age of the unit, it should be replaced. That took about 5 minutes and cost me $214.10 after the 15% discount because I had joined the HPP. Fallon replaced the unit with a simple filtered water tap, not chilled, not a Zip, for $698.07!! After discount I paid $593.36!! These retail at $239.00 at Tradelink. Following a discussion with Fallon concerning the high cost of the ‘simple fault find’ they have offered to refund the $55.00 joining fee. I definitely won’t be using their services again.

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Hi Col . I am glad to hear you found our technician pleasant, However I am sorry to hear that you haven't been happy with pricing provided. I am currently unable to locate the job details for you... read more »

Thanks Garry, the job number is 361436

Thanks Garry I appreciate the reply. The job number is 361436.

Verified Customer

Very happy with the service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

Antony Pool Air conditioning technician was very courteous and obliging. The work was carried out with absolutely no mess to our apartment.

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Hi Jim, glad Antony did a great job with your AC and managed to keep your apartment tidy. Thanks for the review!

great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

Mark Belfor Electrician and Wayne Birch Plumber, on time, clear explaining, good manners and professional, thank you both, I can recommend the service

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Hey Tom, thanks for the review and glad our guys provided excellent service on their visits!

EXCELLENT

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Punctual Polite and Helpful. The overall experience was great from initial phone call right through to end of job would definitely use this company again

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Hi Sarki, thanks for sharing your feedback on your experience with us! Pleased to hear you were happy with the service from phone call to job completion.

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Buyer beware

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

A plumber friend of mine usually does my plumbing work but was unable to attend to a blocked drain (not sewerage). It cost almost $300 to be cleared with a plunger and chemicals but Tom got the job done efficiently.
The alarm bells rang at the fact that a membership was sought before work commenced. I’m a single woman but I’m not daft so I checked this review site and sought other opinions. I can imagine lots of little old ladies falling for it.
I also asked for some other quotes which weren’t urgent but no copy of the quote was left with me for comparison or a simple record. One quote was to change kitchen tap ware, replacing like for like. Quote was for $400 - $200 if they supplied the taps and spout and $200 for labour. I went and bought the taps and spout from Tradelink on my friend’s account for $70. He said he’d normally charge $120 for a tap change. Same job - half the price - and I know its not the lovely tradie Tom determining the price when he quotes from a manual. It’s your business model I have a problem with.
This morning I called to cancel the second job and got the old “ I can’t locate your record” spiel but I was able to give the job number from the invoice. The third job of replacing a shower head I’ll do myself.
I am happy to pay higher prices to resolve an urgent issue and this wasn’t even urgent, but you have a reputation for being overly expensive even among your peers as I’ve discovered subsequently. The whole experience was eerily similar to the 4 corners show last night about Private health insurance, out of pocket fees, hidden costs and lack of opportunity to get a second quote.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding a recent visit with our plumbing team. I am sorry to hear that you haven't been happy with this visit. Our up front pricing system ... read more »

brisbane

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Super uncomfortable!over priced for sure!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Hired them a few times to do the plumbing and elec etc. made a lot mistake and cost me more time and money to fix their problems. got a quote for replace the switchboard from 1 to 3 phases. guess how much they ask for ? 10k+!!! i did check with 2 other company. none of them quote me above 5k. now i feel really uncomfortable for the previous jobs they have done. ripped of me 3k atless. im just speechless now. highly not recommend!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding a recent visit. I am sorry to hear your experience hasn't been of the level we pride ourselves on. If you would like to discuss in m... read more »

Very thorough and professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

Our 100+ year old house needed updating of plumbing and electrical to be safe and the tradies from Fallon went above and beyond in both service and professionalism to make the pain of the cost a little easier to bear. Big shout-out to Dwayne, Lachlan H, Dean R & Mitch

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Thank you for the review and pleased our team of plumbers and electricians gave you some peace of mind updating your older homes systems.

changed tap washer cost: $360 includes GST with discount for home protection plan

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

Have used Fallon's for a long time. They give very good service, used quality parts give however are very expensive. Brad T was very polite, efficient and gave me options to choose.

Comments
Fallon Services Official

Hi Debra, pleased to hear Brad provided excellent service. Thanks for the feedback.

1 of 45 pages