Department: Appliances

Shocking Arrogant and Rude Sales Manager in Devonport.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2018

Sales Manager in Devonport extremely arrogant, very rude would not discount on 2 items retailing for $3000, the Devonport Franchise Owner was in USA
Never buy in Devonport go to Burnie to get a good discount deal.

Department: Electronics

Product Care is not what was promised

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2018

I purchased a laptop computer 3 1/2 years ago. The salesman was very persistent that I purchase product care as laptops often fail, get damaged or become obsolete very quickly. His sale pitch was that after 12 months the product care starts and any issue no matter how minor will be a new for old replacement. The hard drive on my laptop dies 3 weeks ago... 6 months inside product care, or so I thought. I requested to put in a claim and have my laptop replaced. After a lot of back and forth and confusion I was finally put through to [name removed] the franchisee. He stated that at the time of my purchase the product care ran from day 1 concurrent with the manufacturers warrantee. 1. how can you have 2 warranties run concurrently on the same product. 2. in essence I purchased a 2 year not 3 year product care, if I was made aware of this fact I would not have purchased product care but would have not purchased laptop on principle. 3. [name removed] the franchisee offered to refund my product care cost. In my mind this is an admission that something is not right. 4. the product care from day one was changes 3 months after my purchase, from day one to the end of manufacturers warrantee, another sign something was not right. I find it to be similar to car insurance, have a crash but they won't cover you but will happily refund your premium. [name removed] the franchisee asked me if I expected the cost of the
lap top to come out of his company... well yes [name removed], I was sold a lie and you need to honour that lie. FYI, I did not accept the refund of product care cost.
I have been a loyal harvey Norman customer since day 1, as I believed they were a company with some integrity. Obviously not. I will never step foot inside a harvey Norman store. Do not trust your salesman at Harvey Norman as they will say anything to get a sale. Franchisees will not honour or be responsible for their staffs actions. This leave consumers out in the cold. Unfortunately profits before customers does not work in the long term.

Poor service !!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2018

I purchased 1 TV from Mascot Harvey Norman but its screen is already froze at the beginning when I turned it on. I called them for this issue but they suggest me BRING the TV back to the store so it will be QUICKER for solution, otherwise they will have to call the technical to come to my house and check before doing anything.

The thing is how could I carry a freaking 60 inch TV by myself in my car, they did not provide any kind of service to retrieve it back by themselves but asking the customers to bring it back. Besides, the way they do is too complex and not efficient, we pay for the TV and all the service but still has this poorest service from a big company.

Flooring- Terrible customer service and products. Don’t choose them

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2018

We got heart ridge flooring installed from Harvey Norman (purchased from Harvey Norman as well) and it starting swelling and chipping off within 1 month from installation. Initially before installation when they inspected our house they asked for additional $3000 to level the floor so that we get best quality finish otherwise they refuse to provide warranty. Even after paying a huge amount of $17k to them we didn’t got best quality and on top of that their installer [name removed] was extremely rude. Still after complaining to Harvey Norman about everything but no has got back yet to fix this issue. I wish I could give negative rating to them.

Verified Customer Department: Furniture

All care, No responsibility

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2018

Bought a 2RR+3RR but once eventually delivered it was up to my wife and me (disabled) to put it together which we were not informed about. The other unsatisfactory part of this sale is we paid for a delivery and told it would be on a Saturday. So we waited all day and rang multiple times to find out when only to be told we were 1st delivery. I guess Harvey Norman do deliveries after hours now since we got ours at 5:30pm. The delivery guys also rang us prior and wanted to leave it till the following Monday. Never again.

Do not buy mattresses from Harvey Norman

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2018

Do not buy mattresses unless they are on the showroom floor, if there are issues under 30 days of delivery and you want to return it for a refund, they come up with the excuse if its not defective, complain to Fair Trading and ACCC ,you still won't get a refund. Even though what they are doing contravenes Australian Consumer Law. and I believe they may have already incurred fines from the ACCC. They are NOT Harvey Norman stores per se they are individual franchises and operate to their own terms and conditions of purchase.

Verified Customer Department: Online

Poor service both in the online store and the customer service too.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

I have made a purchase in Harvey Norman online shop on the 1st May and my order is still in processing phase. If there would be some delay you would expect getting a call or email apologising and explaining when the shipment will occur.

My poor review of the Harvey Norman online shopping will be overshadowed by even poorer performance of their customer service. I attempted to contact Customer service on the Online Enquiries 02 9763 6899 phone but the automated service was faulty and you couldn’t hear the options.

I made complaints on 15th May online on the web-page, 16th May via email and 17th May (by chat). Still no contact from the online shop or dispatch and no resolution to my shopping ordeal.
No information why it is taking them so long to ship the purchased product either.

Yesterday - 24 May - finally I received email from "Dropship" (whatever it is) admitting that they didn't have the product when it was advertised.
The message read: "Our supplier has provided us with an update and has advised us your item is currently on a back order and currently do not have an ETA for when the stock will be available".
I asked for my money back yesterday but today there is still no money and the order is still "in processing".

My advice is - don't buy from Harvey Norman online shop. Check what you like and buy it from store. You even might get same price as online.
That's the only guarantee that you will have your product and don't have to fight this retail bully to get your money back.
I learnt from my mistake.

Harvey Norman needs to get their lesson too. If you dissatisfy your customers you lose the profit because customers stop buying from you.

25th May 2018 - I just received advice from Harvey Norman Web Team Sales and PayPal with a refund confirmation for my online order.
25 days later and one important experience wiser.

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Love my new Akai Smart Tv

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

A few weeks ago I bought a 55" Akai TV at a great price. There was free delivery, my old TV was recycled and I also received a $100 gift card. The TV is great and I love Freview which I downloaded. Very happy with Harvey Norman

Helpful retail assistant

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

Had to buy a new mobile ph after old one crashed and service provider no help at all
found Josh Mcknight to be both professional
and knowledgeable in the products he was selling we ended up with what we wanted and with out high pressure sales
Out of the store and back on the road with in half an hour many thanks Josh

Department: Electronics

Product Care and service is a joke

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

8I purchased a camera 2 years ago, with product care at their Bundaberg Store. At time the salesman stated that if anything happened to the camera it would be replaced and if the camera was no longer stocked, upgraded. Huge sales pitch! Well lens on camera broke, went in and left camera with them and was advised that Sony will access the damage and a replacement will be sent. Got a call within 20 minutes from the Manager stating that as the camera purchased was under $400, they will only give a credit. He then stated the model was superseded. I went online and the camera is still available to purchase on Harvey Normans online store but now costs $550. I went into the store to see the manager and they had stock of the camera. I tried to explain what I was told at purchase and what I was told when I dropped the camera into the store. He claimed the staff didn't know it was under $400 (mmm the guy at the store printed off a receipt for me as I could not find mine). Manager claimed he couldn't reduce the price as it was a very tight profit margin. When I tried to argue the manager said he would see if the lens could be replaced by Sony. I did not hear anything for 3 weeks and went into the store. Another staff member checked the boss's emails and found that Sony had sent an email back 3 weeks ago and said it was a package and lens would not be replaced. He was going to get Manager to call me. Still no call, so I returned to store. Manager advised only credit for $398. I looked online and the camera was now $497. Manager stated he would sell it to me for $480 (claiming this was less the gst???- great maths?). I just ended up paying so I had a camera again (I have other lens for this camera). To add insult the manager packaged up the camera that was on display. I will definitely be visiting many of the other electrical stores in the our area when I need to make any other purchases.

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

We were needing to buy appliances for our kitchen for our house build. We saw JAKE at Harvey Norman Cambridge Park. Jake went out of his way to ensure we received the best price for our appliances. His product knowledge was helpful and appreciated.
Thanks Jake it was a pleasure to deal with you.

Department: Appliances

Product care over sell on a computer for school was Bullswool.

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

The salesperson overstated cover. When a was a problem on checking if product would covered a breakage. The product care was no different to another product care that Harvey Norman sells. The salesperson made claim that it was a cover for school computer as they are often damaged more so than average. This was total bull.

Gold Coast

• 4 helpful votes

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

What fantastic customer service we received from MASON in Small Appliances Booval Qld he was so helpful - friendly and polite nothing was too much trouble. We cant remember when we received service like this - it is forgotten these days it seems to be hard work for some people working in retail to provide a service. Classic example is Harvey Norman Loganholme Qld Small Appliances the person we dealt with was most unhelpful and we found her rude so we walked out of the store.

Department: Electronics

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Purchased my white goods and all good including prices .
I like the range of brands . Also the idea of all products under 1 roof.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Ahmad, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Have a great day. Lynda - HN Customer Service

Dishwasher

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Had an amazing experience with Harvey Norman. We found the service fantastic and great competitive prices. I would definitely recommend for future purchases

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Nicky, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Have a great day. Lynda - HN Customer Service

Liar Liar

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

We purchased a sofa bed more than 2 months ago. We paid the down payment and we'll pay the remaining balance before they deliver the item. I even asked the sales person when they're able to deliver it and was told around 2 weeks "unless the ship sinks" coz apparently it will still come from Sydney. Til now we still haven't got the sofa bed. We rang a few times to check and they said it's gonna be in next week. So today we decided to get our money back. Such a waste of time!

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Sheng, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please share with us more details on the link provided here: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/contact-us/ so we can follow up with the stor... read more »

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Department: Electronics

Pushy, condescending & trying to push finance

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2018

Had done research on a computer & was ready to buy. Told by sales person it was crap basically & I needed to apply for finance to get a better product, didn’t take no for an answer & tried to force a $279 internet protection product when I had already stated my budget.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Allie, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please share with us more details on the link provided here: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/contact-us/ so we can follow up with the stor... read more »

Department: Furniture

Easy to do business with

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2018

After comparing a number of bedding stores it was refreshing walking into a store and finding a good quality bed for a great price. Michelle listened to me and provided great, non-pushy service and showed me beds that were in our budget. We just bought a house and will be back in the future to buy more furniture due to the great service we received.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Amanda, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Have a great day. Lynda - HN Customer Service

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Department: Online

Website was hacked and received a scam call!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

Placed an online click & collect order. Paid with PayPal. 10 minutes later I received 3 calls from a private number. I answered and a super shady guy with an American accent claiming he was from Harvey Norman online customer service said he needed my address to "verify my order". This gimp had my phone number, order number and knew all the items I had purchased. I caught onto him and hung up. I tried calling the actual customer service centre to report the scam attempt but their call centre was closed. So the only option I had was to talk to someone on the live chat to try to report the scam attempt. They said it's not normal to receive the call and "don't talk to them". I tried asking more questions to get to the bottom of whether they knew their website had been hacked and all I got was "it should be fine. Try calling the number tomorrow to make sure". Try calling the private number of the scammer that called me after I placed a click & collect order through your site? Yeah, don't think so!!! Turns out this isn't the first time Harvey Norman have encountered hackers. Nice to see they've don't absolutely nothing to improve their online security so their customers don't suffer!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Isabel, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please share with us more details on the link provided here: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/contact-us/ so we can follow up with the sto... read more »

Department: Electronics

Don't buy a computer from here

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

These guys are just sales fools, beware it is all about the commission. They con you into buying something that is clearly cheaper online, then don't let you refund it when you find out it is not suitable to your needs. Go to JBHIFI downstairs, at least they have a some morals.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Bill, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please share with us more details on the link provided here: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/contact-us/ so we can follow up with the store... read more »

1 of 127 pages