Fantastic machine great purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

They were more than competitive with other stores and I only had to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive

Department: Furniture

Patronising and non customer centric approach by staff member makes online shopping impossible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

Why does this retailer have a website and claim to be open for online shopping if they don't support it!? Jut had one of the more bizzare retail experiences of my time. Visited website last night. No online pricing (odd!). Website said had to submit contact request to find out prices for sofa beds. Initial reaction to being asked to submit request one of 'couldn't be bothered will shop elsewhere' however then thought that as it's an Oz business will give them a go. Sent request and clearly stated in it that contact method to be next day BY EMAIL NOT PHONE (due to work and time limitations). Kerrel (Oxley) ignored requested contact method& phoned me next day anyway starting call with "I'm reading now that you wanted to be contacted by email not phone but I've called you anyway now and we're all about face to face service." Translation: Not customer-centric and didn't even ask if had called me at a convenient time (she hadn't). She then launched into a spiel about how pricing is different in regional and city stores because of freight so no prices on website and how they prefer face to face sales anyway (why oh why then does HN have an online shopping option!? And why is their website so backward that there isn't a drop down box where you input your location and you get customised price from local store online?!). I cut her off as had called when with a client and didn't have time to hear all this and also have prices given to me on phone. She then started being very patronising "Oh sorry Love but we're all about face to face" (again, not listening to what I wanted...). I pulled her up on calling me Love and politely reiterated my name then she continued to call me love....& didn't listen. I asked to speak to the manager and was told he wasn't available today. I asked to speak to her 2ic and was told that was her. Really bad! When I phoned interstate customer service number 029736899.I was told complaints dept don't work on a weekend. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. If you are open for business, you need to have staff available at management level or customer complaints to take and action a complaint. My recommendation, don't Go Harvey, Go Harvey. Go somewhere, anywhere else. lol.

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Exceptional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

I have purchased many items from Harvey Norman at Chadstone over many years, including TVs, sound systems,microwaves, small appliances and more recently, Miele kitchen appliances. Service has been consistently good.
In my recent experience, I dealt with Antonella who is very knowledgeable about Miele products, and provided exceptional service. I highly recommend speaking to Antonella if you are planning to fit out a kitchen.

Department: Appliances

We don't just love the fridge the salesman was great too

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

We bought a LG fridge from Harvey Norman
The salesman was lovely to do business with you his product range really well and did a great price for us and three in delivery we couldn't be more pleased

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

These guys don't even bother getting off there chairs to help you buy a rug
Never going back there again

Sydney

• 4 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Department: Online

Click & Collect is a total waste of time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

Harvey Norman Click & Collect is a total and complete waste of time.

It's easy to see why Gerry Harvey is scared of Amazon. Harvey Norman gets it wrong on every single level.

I recently purchased over $500 worth of stuff from Harvey Norman online, and due to a certain level of urgency, chose the click & collect option. During the checkout process, the system checks the store and stock levels, showing its availability. Everything up to this point looks good. If you're expecting to pay for your goods, then wait a short while and collect them same day - you're in for a shock.

How the system actually works is like this. You select the items, check the stock levels, select a store, make the payment. Your order then goes into a review queue, and you receive an email telling you that you'll receive another email when you stuff is ready to collect. The bit that's not communicated clearly is that, this can actually take up to 72 hours to process. This is not a simple, 'click & collect' service at all. It's longer than actually driving to the store and purchasing on the spot, there is zero convenience in this service.

Should you like me, ask for a refund in order to then go to the store and simply purchase the goods and leave, you'll also be told that a refund will take 3-5 business days.

This is pretty much one of the worst online shopping experiences I have had.

Harvey Norman, will die a quick death to Amazon, or virtually any other store that actually wants to provide a decent service.

My advice is this, if you're thinking about spending your money at a Harvey Norman store, make the effort to go there and shop in person, their click & collect service is an utter disgrace.

Can’t believe still in business: Moore Park

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

I purchased an expensive bedroom suite (>$4k) for my daughter’s 21st birthday and was told 6 weeks for delivery. After 6 weeks I rang (via 1300 number and long delay) to ask on delivery status. I was told someone would ring back. After 3 days, I rang again. I was told the supplier would be contacted and my call returned. No one returned my call. This went on for another couple of weeks before I spoke to the manager, who told me one item had been discontinued. She advised me to call back in a few days! The 1300 number is annoying and no call back incredibly poor service. After 9 weeks I still had no idea about my order. Store very keen to hold on to my deposit though. Finally it was agreed that the one outstanding piece would take another 2 weeks and the 2 pieces that were available would be delivered. The goods came today and were missing all the bolts / screws to assemble the bed. The blanket box had stains on the fabric lid. We discarded the old bed the same morning so my daughter had nowhere to sleep. I should have gone with my intuition - an outdated, dusty store that cannot compete with other customer focused stores and on-line providers, that provide better service virtually!

Department: Furniture

"Not Happy Jan" Customer Service Follow up Shocking - Moorabbin One star because you have to

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

I purchased two couches on the 6th January 2017 along with a Dining room setting spending $6144.00 total. Dining room table chairs I took back 6 times I told Harvey Norman to pick up this Dinning Room table when my couches x 2 arrived. Harvey Norman staff did try to fix the chairs each time but all the right legs were faulty I just don't have the time to take things back and go back and pick them up again and for the price of $2565.00 plus $50 for delivery it should be right.
The two men that delivered my couches arrived without a screw driver, I am told they did have an electric one but that day it was on the other side of the city. They were trying to screw the feet on with and Alan key until I walked in to see them really struggle I gave them a screw driver after one hour and more they really tried hard I told them to go until they came prepared. Harvey Norman should provide items for these trade people to do there job and not come to a persons home unprepared. To have items assembled it is a cost of $35.00 on top.
They did come back and it took all of 5 min to fix they were hard working men no problem with them.The delivery men followed up with calls and are excellent in this area when they were to come back. A small plastic cover for the foot of the couch was missing and as I have wood floor I require this. This and the fact it should be right. The delivery guys did go back and tell Harvey Norman Moorabbin and told them and they did call me advise this. I was suppose to get a call back I have chased Harvey Norman many times over this. I received a call on the 18th May 2017 saying that it requires to be ordered by the Manufacturer ZEN and that a request form had been sent to ZEN the manufacturer on the 18th May. I called twice to Zen along with two emails to the ZEN nothing. When you call ZEN Manufacturer you are told that you are required to speak to Harvey Norman no one with take responsibilities
Its not that hard
Moorabbin have no idea how to follow up with the customer they hope they will go away. I have to furnish a home and spend many dollars to do so, I will never step foot in a Harvey Norman store ever

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Not Impressed, We are very sorry to hear of this experience. If you could please send us a Private Message with further details and your best contact number and email address, we would like to r... read more »

Ballina

• 1 answer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

Bought a dvd player online then drove into town and it was ready to go. No hassles, quick, friendly. Went home, hooked dvd to player, all good..

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi johnsonb21
Thank you for the review and feedback. It is always a pleasure to hear back in regards to pleasant experiences. But let us know if there are any issues.

Silly Question.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

Went to Gympie store and requested best price for navman gps. Salesman asked for phone number before he gave price. Why? Didn't buy-much cheaper at jb hi fi.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi John, We are very sorry to hear of this experience. If you could please send us a Private Message with further details and your best contact number and email address, we would like to raise this... read more »

Birkdale, Qld

• 2 comments

Disgusting customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

Purchased a tv was unsure about taking floor stock was offered free product care if I took the floor stock so Agreed! Tv tube is gone been told I can get a replacement as the part is not available up to a certain value when I questioned the value I was getting for a replacement I was told that product care was on my invoice for $200 so was taken off my purchase price! When I explained to product care no I never paid it was a bonus they said to take it up instore. We went to the store where purchased and have been told tough they won't give the credit to cover the $200 which was taken off the price of our tv! We are now having to pay an addition $500 to get the tv we won't and product care! This is bull crap the store will not take any responsibility for there staff actions! It clearly says on my paperwork product care was given as a bonus but due to it been broken up on there system it's just tough and we have to wear the additional costs. Never ever buying from Harvey norman again!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Ellyjane, We are very sorry to hear of this experience. If you could please send us a Private Message with further details, including which store this was purchased through and your best contact... read more »

Have sent a message via harvey norman site!

This was the Capalaba Central Store!

Sydney

Oversell

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

I tried to buy a computer and was pressured into trying to buy additional security software which I have since learned the staff receive commission for. I used to go to here for quality advice and friendly service however now they are obsessed with trying to up-sell useless warranties and unnecessary security software.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Gary J, We are very sorry to hear of this experience. If you could please send us a Private Message with further details and your best contact number and email address, as well as the store that... read more »

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Department: Electronics

Mobile phone purchase - some issues

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Purchased mobile phone online in September 2017 and picked up from local store closest to work. Phone was going to be used for myself as I find phones only last two years. Within a week I was having issues with smsing. Contacted my provider who said everything was fine on their end. Contacted Harvey Norman who said to go in and try another sim card. Went into the store and they couldn't fix it. They wanted to send it off to get repaired even though I had the phone for less than two weeks. In the end of it, the phone magically fixed on its own, so so strange! I appreciate their effort in trying to fix it but hate the fact that I could have possibly had no phone for weeks without a straight swap over in store.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Lisa, Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you had issues with your phone, and glad that it has sorted itself out. Fingers crossed it was a freak one-off issue. Unfortunately, when... read more »

Department: Appliances

Great service in store but delivery drivers rude

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Had a great experience With a knowledgeable and helpful sales man when choosing a washing machine. made the transaction easy. Although not so with the delivery men who were ruse and condescending when they arrived 15 mins before their said time frame and told me I needed to get a better clock. Then had the hide to ask to walk through my house to use the toilet. They did at least take away the old machine and install the new one.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Smart Elegant, We are very sorry to hear of this experience with the delivery drivers. If you could please send us a Private Message with further details and your best contact number and email a... read more »

Toorak

Department: Appliances

Faulty heater they fix problem

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

I bought a heater at Harvey Norman chadstone and it was faulty after 2 weeks. I go in expecting a fight and the girl who took the heater from me straight away didn't even question me and processed a refund There and there.

I then buy another small heater There which was much better. I honestly can't believe they were so good as usually I find stores don't like refunding clients.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi ElyseMarkinoff
Thank you for the review. I am glad that you received such excellent service in the store when returning the faulty product to the store. Please let us know if we can assist with anything.

• 1 review

Department: Electronics

Just plain horrible This company is the worst. I've never been more disgusted by a store.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Returns not allowed if you've purchased the wrong item. I got a game as a gift for someone but they already have it. When I went back to the store they won't take it back. I have the receipt and everything. The box was still sealed. It's been a month and 2 days since I purchased. They offered store credit which I don't need. Please read the fine print! It says they're not liable for change mind purchases.

Hunter

• 9 comments
  • 1 answer

Disgusting service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

Absolutely disgraceful service that has assured that i will never return to Maitland harvey norman! After buying a computer that had issues and only being able to use it twice!..returning it to be resolved for the "technician" to say he'll call in half an hour (which he never did). Went back an hour and a half later to be kept waiting for 40 minutes before i walked out tired of being embarrassed just standing there waiting for a guy who was sitting on a chair with his hands on his head!! Left it for a week with no contact from them. Went back in to get a refund and to take the empty box back! After more jerking around the proprietor "processed" my refund. I waited 2 weeks for it to be refunded but nothing...went back and got the proprietor again! Who didn't process my refund last time! because "he forgot" to send it to the creditors. Cuts me off from saying anything, turns his head when talking and is very lucky to walk away with his utterly disgraceful attitude! I'm now stuck with programs i can't use and an empty pc bag. Purely garbage service!! and hope his boss finds out one day! Sent an email through the website which was no help since it goes directly to that proprietor so you're wasting your time with that. Now have to ring head office since clearly this guy knows nothing about treating customers right. Admitted it was a train wreck from the start but has done absolutely nothing to clean it up! Worst service I've ever experienced! Will be recommending to my customers to not go there also!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Ron, We are very sorry to hear of this experience. If you could please send us a Private Message with further details and your best contact number and email address, we would like to raise this ... read more »

You don't have a private msg link on here to send a message. I already went through the contact us page and it got sent to the idiot proprietor directly who dribbled the same garbage as he did befo... read more »

Verified Customer Department: Appliances

Product is rubbish, service is terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

I have lodged a product faulty inquiry online for few days, but haven't received any feedback. So I call and contact the staff at this number 02-95828113.
I was advised to she will send me an email, and I will need to reply back with the video to explain the problem, but I haven't received any email even I called them a few times to remind them.
First time I used this BBQ (Coleman NXT 300), but the switch is jammed.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Jacphy, Very sorry to hear about this, if you could please let us know the order number, we can have this followed up with the team to make sure that the email gets sent through so that this can... read more »

my order #2101010786, I called 02-95828113 and spoke to a girl Tarra for a few times, never received a call and email back from your staffs. Would be great if you can help to follow up.

Booval QLD Delivery Servcie

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

No service at all. I am writing this at 7pm.I have been waiting a washing machine that was meant to be delivered by 5pm today. I had to make several calls to follow up through out the day. at 4pm I agreed with the Warehouse Manager reschedule to next Saturday. 4.22pm the Franchise Manager calls me to say they can deliver in 40 minutes. Explained we needed to leave at 5.30pm Plenty of time he says. We agree to delivery. No sign of my washing machine, no way to contact store. cant leave a message. they had 15 deliveries to make- so do not take the orders if you cant deliver. So angry.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hello Rox,
We are extremely sorry to hear of this level of service. You can send feedback via our Contact Us page on the website to have this investigated and addressed.

Adelaide for my sins!

• 8 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Department: Online

Server Isues

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

So went to log on to HN low and behold server was down now getting a message 'Wow, we're totally maxed out at this very moment,...' HN no wonder you are not competitive in retail sector, and get beat online you are unable to simply provide access to your online store. I know Australia is arguably the mostr deploarble country of a handful have lived in for Internet speed, but hey least sort out your server and provide us a 21st century choice. It says to check back 'in a little bit'. Well 1.5 hours later still checking back. HN this is Austraila its the 21st Century you are in a western democratised state and you cannot even provide basic access to your site. What sought of back-up recovery plan do you have in place for your server, I cannot recall in the past 20 years when a server has been down besides scheduled maintenance that is a thing of the past, except for hacking, which we all know is usually protected by at least 128 bit encryption or some such thing. Get it sorted. For the record they were selling Sandisk Ultra Fit USBs cheap now I know why you cannot actually buy them. Ho-hum!

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Globetrotting Steve, We do apologise for the inconvenience caused by our website going down. This was escalated to management to be investigated and actioned as soon as it happened, and it was b... read more »

1 of 105 pages

Electronics

Hi, About 9 months ago I purchased almost 2k in monster speakers etc and paid cash. We had one faulty one and I am so far yet to find the receipt. Technically it should be on the computer system as I had to give my name and address for the purchase. After visiting the store, the lady proceeds to tell me that none of my purchases are on file! It seems a bit fishy to me that when I paid 2k cash and my receipt was printed off, what's to stop the staff member going in and canecelling the transaction and pockets 2k? What are your thoughts on this?? Cheers Seona

Seona H asked on Oct 07, 2017

Answer this

It's possible. I think that if you went back without too much time passing then they certainly should have it in their transaction history. The guy who owns it isn't a customer focused person which isn't the best thing considering he needs customers to survive so it's possible that money suddenly went missing, wouldn't put it past him. Just my opinion though. Probably needs to recoupe the cost of the other half spending money on her mayor campaign, oh wait! That's right...used tax payers money instead!

1) Find your bank statement, I hope you used a card (VISA/MasterCard) proof of transaction. Then 2) go back to them knowing you d have proof. 3) Read this two links
https://www.accc.gov.au/business/treating-customers-fairly/offering-warranties/warranties-against-defects AND https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund. 4) I would also notify the card issuing body/bank et al. and also consider a claim against your Visa/Mastercard they usually have complimentary protection.

Least that's what I woudl do! Good luck.

Furniture

I bought a queen size sealy Celeste "firm" mattress three weeks ago. I have tried sleeping on the left side of the mattress, on the right side of the mattress, side ways on the mattress. After three weeks,I have decided that it is the mattress that is not firm. It seems more firm on one side than the other. Is there an exchange policy for less than 30 days?

Christine asked on Sep 21, 2017

Appliances

I purchased an LG front loader direct Drive inverter from u back in 2012. I need to have warranty work done paid cash and have lost receipt paid approx $729 is there anyway u can help out model no LG WD10020D?

Jammit asked on Sep 16, 2017

See all 37 questions about Harvey Norman

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.