Great products and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

Recently purchased a smart TV and it is fantastic. The staff member who served me was extremely helpful. They had it in stock and ready to take home.

MELBOURNE

Click and Collect not next day as I thought

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

I purchased 2 phones from the Preston Store before Christmas which said they had stock expecting to be able to pick it up the next day. I phoned Harvey Norman on-line two days later and they said I wouldn’t get the phones till after xmas...5 days time. They offered to send it from another store which would cost me $30 express delivery. Very disappointed with Harvey Norman please don’t rely on click and collect next day.

Atherton Qld.

• 20 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Always helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

In the last few weeks I have had reason to get a computer and a tablet and Harvey Norman has always delivered well. They were competitive in price and helpful in service.

Brisbane

Never Never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

Only gave one star because I had to.
Never use Harvey Norman online to order anything.
I used it to order a Christmas present for my daughter for the first and last time this year. I ordered through its online capacity.
Even used the chat to check whether or not stock was available. The chat person said I would have the item within 4-6 days of putting in the order and would definitely have for Christmas. (I was going to go through another company) I paid for the item.
The confirmation of order came but that was it. After waiting 5 days I e-mailed to find out when my order to arrive. At 1.19 pm 6 days after the order was put in, a message was left on my phone that my order was on its way.

I rang them back, couldn't get through, they finally rang back at about 4.25pm and said sorry the order was cancelled. No explanation.
Have at 11.24 on day 7 finally received an e-mail saying my order has been cancelled.
So now it is too late to get the item sent from another company, will have to phone individual competitor stores to see who has stock. But will have to wait for the money to come through first.

So 6 days is way too long to cancel an order- an appropriate time frame would have been 24 hours after order submitted. Which is what most companies do.

Never Never again.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi There,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please share with us more details on the link provided here http://www.harveynorman.com.au/contact-us/ so we can follow up with the store proprietor.
Brendon - HN Customer Service

Have contacted you yet again about this issue- still have not had anyone from Harvey Norman respond to my complaint.

good customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

The salesman was patient and give all information of product and giving comparison to make choice much easier and seamless payment process.

welshmans reef victoria

• 3 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

Cameron who served me Thursday on purchasing a Samsung tablet...helpful..pleasant cheerful .nothing I asked was to much for you..had you been the only one I dealt with you would have got a five star.. but the other person I asked for help just sat and p pointed me in direction (not good enough) so due to lack of thought you loose a point...

• 1 review

Extremely Rude Franchisee

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

I was looking at a TV for a potential purchase and I was approached by a very friendly young man and he was very informative, as he was serving and I had only had his time for a few minutes, the franchisee raised his voice from across the store and he said "you are not wasting his time are you?" And I was appalled at his tone and rudeness and I am aware that this particular franchisee was very rude but I was appalled with how he treated me and as a result I will not buy anything from that store while he is the franchisee and I have never felt so degraded by someone in my life.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Brendon - HN Customer Service

i have already made this complaint directly to harvey norman

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

Have shopped with Harvey Norman for years. We were served by Naomi who helped us last year aswell from Electronics. She is Excellent Value to the Company we are always happy with her service and makes our transaction process stress free.

Verified Customer Department: Online

Where's my stuff???

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

Ordered Marshall Acton Bluetooth Speaker - Cream - Product code: 147962 on 23 November (Tax Invoice 2101229710) - over 3 weeks later it's still not arrived. I have requested an update about my order 3 times without any response. Really disappointed at your service and recommend people do not use Harvey Norman. What a surprise - 3 days after posting this a registering another complaint - still no response.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Brendon - HN Customer Service

What details BRENDON - my review contains the name of product I ordered, the invoice number, the date I purchased it and I uploaded the invoice, which contains my name, address and phone number - w... read more »

Disgraceful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

Will never purchase from harvey Norman again...
Worst online shopping service I've ever had, waited near on a month for my products to arrive had them come in two shipments as some items were on back order, just under half my order hasn't arrived at all due to them not having the displayed online items. Still waiting for refund on them and harvey Norman blames PayPal.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Lindfield

• 3 helpful votes

Outstanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

I bought oven from Harvey Norman. Customer service was outstanding. I had a good advice and negotiate a good price.
I only had to wait few days for my order to be dispatched.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Sarah from the Small Appliance area at the Mackay Store went out of her way to help me as one of the heads of the Vac had problems after only two months. While I waited at the counter Sarah rang Bosch Customer Service and also the Qld Branch - unable to get any satisfaction she said she would ring me that day with some answer. As promised she rang me on the day and now I have a new head arriving in the mail. Thank you Sarah. Lyn

SUPER surprised - FANTASTIC Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

This review is for the staff in the Photo Section.

The service provided was exceptional - especially from Vince and Mehrnoosh.

They totally went above and beyond helping me with some Christmas cards for gifts - not only were they understanding of my issue (incompetence with a Computer) but they were super professional, helpful and most of all willing to provide customer service .... Not just a sale.

Thanks again!

Verified Customer Department: Online

Click and collect (not sure when)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I ordered a vita mix total nutrition centre. Before I purchased it I made sure the nominated store had stock available so I expected to be able to pick up the next day. 5 days later I contact customer service who informs me that the store doesn’t have stock and it’s back ordered. I might receive it before Christmas. I would not have purchased from HN if I knew it was going to take this long. The click and collect service is misleading and I wouldn’t recommend it.

Warranty was easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

We bought a fridge from Harvey norman, love the product very reliable like the sales person said. We had issues with the shelves but they helped us organise a technician to come out and fix the problem straight away no worries. We buy most of our big ticket items there as we find them to be very reliable in quality and love their interest free option.

Truganina

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Department: Electronics

Ipad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Those guys just want to sell the product and sell protection plan to make money. Do not tell you what actually does not cover which is all what you should know. When you call them they shuvle you from one to one and call this or that. Eventually no help.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Brendon - HN Customer Service

Sir. I bought many electric and electronic products from hopper crossing branch over $20,000.00 . I bought ipad and protector. I was removing protector noticed little crack on screen. I callex them... read more »

PORT SORELL

Department: Electronics

Interest free not fee free

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Beware of terms of interest free purchases. Bought a laptop for $1000 on 50 months interest free only to discover an "account" fee of $5 per month is charged. This amounts to $250 over the period of 50 months which is 25% of the purchase price!!! The advertising is misleading because it gives the impression you only pay for what you buy. Can't believe they can get away with this.

Maroochydore

Not happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

I was duped into taking out Flexirent. I am now paying twice as much for the product than it is worth and I still won't own it. Harvey Norman employees must get a great commission for ripping people off with Flexirent. I am absolutely surprised that this is legal. Don't let the salesman talk you into taking out Flexirent, wish I had looked at the Flexirent reviews first. Will never shop at this store again. How do you sleep at night [name removed]?

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

• 9 helpful votes

Worst ever customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

At Harvey Norman Orange Grove, I have been waiting 30 minutes looking around the bathroom section and waiting for someone 's help. The shop assistant, a Chinese looking man was busy on a computer. I asked him for help and he asked me to wait him finish entering some prices. 10 minutes later I was still waiting. He left his computer and approched other customers. I asked him if is anyone else to offer assistance. He appeared offended. He didn't even excuse or explain himself. He started looking strangely at me, as it would be absolutely normal to be in a shop for 40 minutes and be absolutely ignored. I never had such as bad service at Harvey Norman

Comments

I went to Harvey Norman Liverpool Orange Grove- Bathroom section with the intention to buy a toilet suite with an in-wall cistern. I have been waiting about 30 minutes and no one came to offer me a... read more »

• 1 review

Department: Electronics

Wanted to buy from an Australian company

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Took trouble to go to Harvey Norman to buy new landline phone. Found there were a lot more functions and abilities of landlines. However, would have liked to speak to staff regarding those functions and which was best suited to my needs. There was a price difference of about $100 between the two models. HOWEVER as there were NO staff interested in serving me, despite me clearly looking at the differences no staff member offered to help. Have looked ONLINE so will be BUY from an online store (NOT Harvey Norman).

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

1 of 112 pages