Bendigo ..Victoria

• 1 comment
  • 9 answers

Great service !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I purchased my Panasonic two pack phone from Harvey Norman ...great service with helpful and knowledgable advice , at a good price .
I'm very happy with the purchase ..

Adelaide

• 5 helpful votes

exceptional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

l bought furniture and electrical items which l couldnt unpack and move around my house didnt realise until they were delivered harveys sent team back to my house to solve my dilemma from the moment l ordered every persom l have dealt with at gepps cross has been exceptional - customer service beyond excellent nothing to much trouble always polite and helped me to pick the perfect items for my home highly highly recommend the staff and this store all items arrived undamaged and well packed delivery times as promised delivery guys very polite and really helpful well done to all of you!!! very happy customer

Department: Furniture

a bit expensive but good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I think this is a great store plenty to choose from, i found what i needed quickly. Harvey Norman is slightly upmarket from say amart but you can tell the difference in quality. The sales people are friendly and knowledgeable and overall i am very happy with my new mattress and bedroom suite.

Check your refund policy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Ordered a cook top from this store after taking home and opening the box realised it wouldn’t fit so went straight back to store to exchange for an upgrade. Was told initially we will have to pay 20percent then changed to 40percent even tho we just opened the box. Be careful with this store. You are better off buying on line with no dramas to return products and amazing after sales service. No wonder our retail industry is dying. Will never buy from Harvey Norman again.

Poor and Dodgy Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Very poor and dodgy customer service. Be careful and make sure get proper details about the product you want to buy otherwise, you'll have to worry. Specially if you are interest in Mobile phone and sim plans. DON'T BELIEVE in SALES STAFF and Management, as they are not caring about customers but of course about their commissions.

Brisbane

Not Good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

They promised 2 hour click and collect. After 2 days I hadn't heard from them (except for billing, of course) and rang the store direct, at which point they told me that my item was there & waiting for me. When I went to pick it up they couldn't find it and I waited another 10 minutes while they searched out the back. I finally received the "pick up item" email 6 days after I ordered - ie 4 days after I'd actually picked it up. JB & Officeworks get this stuff right - I'll be back to buying from them instead of HN in the future.

Poor service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Was looking at buying a few items for our first home, we walked around the area about 3
Times before someone came up to us to help we walked past 3 guys talking to each other and not since payed attention to us. So I could my money and went to there competitor and brought everything we needed.

Overpriced

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Products were overpriced at the Joondalup store and couldn't even get service even though I was there for an hour

Sydney

Failed to deliver order online - Spent 4 weeks chasing order

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Very poor online purchase experience.

Purchased 3 Items from Harvey Norman Online on 25/07. Was sent 2 items quickly, but I'm still waiting for my 3rd item and its 10/09. Tried their online form, customer first team email, web chat and calling before being cut off after being transferred and put on hold for 15min. Was told that someone would call me twice, but no call.

The item is only 19 dollars its kindof not worth my time to spend 15 min on the phone. Tried emailing their customer first team again on Friday and will see what happens. Very poor experience so far.

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Department: Online

Was I dealing with 2 year olds?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Harvey Norman on-line is just plain old crap.
I purchased online, received a system generated email saying they would email me when the item was ready to be collected. I chose my local store as they had the item in stock. 24hrs later nothing! I call and was put on hold for 30 min, requested a call back, they called at 7pm and advised that the item was in fact ready for collection and blamed their email system as having issues with gmail accounts. I said you are the only entity in the whole world who have problems with gmail and that their excuse was childish and unacceptable. I didn’t get an email advising my item was ready for collection until 6 days later! DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE.
If you must buy from HN go in to the store, better still don’t use them!

Department: Furniture

Very helpful store with excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Very easy to find what you need the staff are very willing to guide you through the whole range of furniture. My couch was custom made to the highest standard. Very happy indeed

Canberra

Department: Online

Poor service, no communication, terrible!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

I would give 0 stars if I could! I will never order online with Harvey Norman again.
Two weeks after placing my order it still says processing, despite appearing on my credit card for the full amount and was purchased as "50 months interest free"! Spoke with Go Mastercard and was told to call Harvey Norman as it is a mistake on their end.
I called Harvey Norman and was told "it has only been six business days out of the ten", but within 2 days I would receive an email confirming my order had been shipped, and then a call about the time of delivery before the 10 business days was up. I assumed it was fixed but today is day 10. It is two weeks after my order was placed. No email. No call. Order still says "processing" online.
I jumped on the online chat to follow up again and was told "all looks good on our end". I asked what was happening with my order, has it been shipped, will it be delivered this week, why does it say processing still? I got told to call the online number! They have no idea what is happening! What is the point of online chat? I have had to call again and am now waiting for a call back 40 minutes later. Absolutely useless, and a terrible consumer experience.

Gympie

• 2 helpful votes

Liars and thieves.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

I made the mistake of buying a bedroom suite from Harvey Norman on the 1st of August. At the time, I was told that the tables weren't in stock but the bed was and would be delivered on the 6th. It wasn't. Then I was told that it'd be delivered on the 15th. It wasn't. *Then* I was told that the tables were in stock but the bed wasn't (???) and they'd all be delivered on the 31st. They weren't.

Finally, on the 12th of September, they admitted that the suite was rotting away in the warehouse and they just couldn't be bothered shipping it, but hey, it might arrive in another 8 weeks minimum, maybe, if they felt like it. Who cares if I'd been left to sleep on the floor during this time, they already had my money and that was all that mattered.

Except they don't anymore, because I cancelled the order that never was and got a full refund to take elsewhere. To a business that keeps its rating high by deserving it instead of just drowning out negative reviews with its illiterate army of spambots. Fools.

orange

• 3 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Rude staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Got a sony bravia tv from orange nsw store. Win hd pictulates about every minute or so. Contact back and forth with them over the ph for about a week they kept trying to tell me it was my ariel but im in a new building built in 2010.they basacly treated me like an idiot that knew nothing at all about electronics. I Was unalbe to fix this issue so eventually took it back for them to test and the big guy got anoyed when he had to test the tv. Almost had a tamtram. And then what do you know same problem even whit theyre ariel. I was offered the choise of refund or replacement and i chose replacement as i liked the tv got it home same problem. Just kept it as i dont want to deal with them again. And on another occasion i rang them and asked if they would price match a panasonic recorder to jb hifi price and the guy said no and so i said well ill just buy from jb then and he just hung up. Not sure weather it was the same guy or not. Its kinda funny seeing jerry harvey norman on the news a while back saying they will price match against amazon. What a joke. Will buy online from now on if i have to as if anything i can get it same price or cheaper. And not be treated poorly.

• 2 helpful votes

Highly disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Purchased a modular lounge. Was suggested that Australian made, but was actually made in China. The suite was quite expensive, but quality was poor. Corner cushion actually sunk within a week and could not be removed to fluff. Was told by store that this was to be expected and people don’t normally sit in the corner. Would not offer money back and replacement cnr unit now looks higher than rest of suite. Product salsa I think. Would not recommend. Customer service both from store and head office a disgrace (in my opinion) will never buy from this company again.

New Rangehood

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

I recently purchased a new Belling Rangehood - unfortunately, it arrived damaged from the manufacturers, however prompt customer service from the Alexandria store advised I could get a refund and re-purchase at the H/N Wiley Park store. After a trip to Wiley Park & re-purchasing the product, I was advised the product was actually stored at their warehouse in Riverwood (10min away)...whilst disappointed I endured added running around in peak hour traffic, I have always found the staff at H/N pleasant and helpful.

Adelaide

• 8 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Department: Electronics

After so many years why did I even set foot in store?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

After 15 years of not stepping foot in a Harvey Norman store I went to one to buy a dash cam. I know I shouldn't have and I feel bad now having done so, but it was closer than going to JB Hi-Fi and quicker than buying direct from the manufacturer (which I should have, as they don't charge for freight and the price is the same).

So I ask the salesman for a Garmin Dash Cam 55. "I'll have to see if we have any." The website claimed they were in stock. He subsequently found 2 in the display cabinet, hidden behind other brands.

"How long do you plan using the device?" he asked. 'Several years' I said. "Then can I interest you in our 'Product Care'?" he said. 'No', I said 'if the product breaks down in 2 years, Garmin would have brought out another one with better technology' I said. "But we would refund you the original price of your dash cam if we no longer had it in stock." Oh really? H-N 'Product Care' for this dash cam would have cost $129 for 3 years, for a product that cost $248 and has excellent after sales warranty!
He then asked me what sort of mobile phone plan I had and I said " $15 a year pre-paid with Aldi".
After he introduced me to the cashier (as they do, because the poor sods are on commission) he said "Well, I hope you get some use out of your dash cam." (One last desperate attempt to create doubt about the product I had bought.)

So poor quality furniture

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

We bought a solid wood table about 1 and 3month ago.
But recently found out very easily get heating damage.
And filling off !!! Seems like used very cheap material.
Never seen hard wood filling off.
Also other furniture we bought from harvey norman they all very weak.
Never ever buy from harvey norman any more.

Sydney

Terrible.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Seriously why does it take 8 to 10 weeks to make a lounge set??? They never mention this when we make the purchase. And the next day is too late to cancel the order. So we have to sit on the floor now for 2 months just for making the wrong choice of store. Harvey Norman...

SHEPPARTON

Customer service? Where?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Bought and paid for a dishwasher (featured in the current catalogue) over the phone, then was told it was not in stock but would be sent in from elsewhere promptly, the implication (and reasonable expectation) being that this meant 3-4 days. After calls every week to the branch (absolutely no courtesy or progress calls from them) the item eventually turned up 3 weeks later. The manufacturer was blamed rather ironically, given that it was in the actual catalogue! To give fair credit it was eventually delivered free, but after bitter complaint. The remaining problem is that no invoice, receipt or any other hard copy confirmation was ever received, and requests through numerous channels have been met with silence. The warranty is useless without an invoice, and a pending claim against Powercor, as the previous appliance was fried by a power surge, cannot be lodged without an invoice. All online service processes are disfunctional, and cannot be followed up as they claim. This is pathetic service heaped upon pathetic service, and with no functioning system to deal with it. No stars rating.

1 of 138 pages