Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Department: Furniture

worst product and worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

I went to see bedroom suite at Cannington store, perth. first for 15 minutes nobody came to even say hello. than we called someone for help. Bought bedroom suite, recd and was all scratched discolored. than they told me to use it as not in stock for a month. got new one again same trouble. I would never buy anything from them ever.

Happy Customer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

We recently bought a dishwasher, kettle and microwave from Harvey Norman. We were assisted by a man named Phillip who wasn't pushy at all, and very informative & helped us a lot!!! Our dishwasher was delivered when we wanted, and installed by the lovely men at Miele.
Our Microwave is beautiful.. the only thing was our kettle did take a month to get into store. We were told it was being ordered from another store and would be in in approx. 1 week, so that was a bit disappointing. Other than that, we will definitely be going back to Harvey Norman for our electrical/appliance needs in the future!

Sydney, NSW

• 2 comments

Department: Electronics

Great Tradition that needs Rebranding.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Auburn Harvey Norman discount store have been there a very long time,when plenty of the other stores are not there anymore , Harvey's still going strong.
I think Harvey Norman is a very smart business man or operator for a better word or descrption for it.
I have been a long time customer , a little bit more expensive but still competitive for the last 20 or 30 years.
Antiquated selling techinques in the internet age , this seems to be a problem for most modern retailers of electrical appliances such as P.C's or Wi Fi tablets, for example.
More technical training of sales reps needed ,and less urgency selling fully refundable non connectable non WI FI printers, for another example.
But twenty two out of twenty four ain't bad.
Customer service good really ,just a bit more technical training of sales reps needed to advise customers on the true capabilities of the vast array of wi fi connectable devices avaliable on the market today.

Most pathetic customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

Stood for almost 20-25 minutes but no sales person was there to assist at all
Most pathetic customer service ever seen in a retail outlet
Will never ever shop from there

Awful experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

I bought a Bosch washing machine from Harvey Norman, thinking they were a reputable company. On purchase, the delivery would arrive within 14 days which I was content to wait for. I received email from their store to say delivery would be within 5-7 days, so I waited patiently having been aware at point of purchase that it could take 14 days. 19 days later, still no washing machine. Their warehouse can't figure out where it is. I'm directed to a customer service line which drops out after a long wait. I go to live chat where they try to redirect me to the faulty customer services line and I essentially have to plead with them to please cancel my order!

I will never buy from this store again! Ended up buying from appliancesonline and next day delivery. I wish I had read the reviews prior to my purchase from Harvey Norman. My mistake was in thinking they were a reputable company!

Verified Customer Department: Electronics

Amazing service!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I came into Harvey Norman wishing to purchase a laptop for a new business. I had a brief idea of the laptop I was wanting but when speaking to Vijay, was sold on the Microsoft Surface Pro. Vijay provided me with in depth detail about the laptop and its functions as well as the necessary programs needed to get full function out of the device. He gave me excellent service and was a delight to deal with! I am now extremely happy with the laptop and want to thank Vijay for his patience and dedication to sale. I would definitely recommend Harvey Norman to anyone wishing to purchase electronic items for a competitive price!!! They have been AMAZING!!!

Great Polite Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I recently purchased a washing machine on a 50months interest free plan. A very good price as well as the attendant Therese from the Rutherford store was very polite and helpful in my choice, she was thorough in her explanation of the appliance as well as the application. I will shop at Harvey Norman again. Thank you.

Department: Appliances

If product care is owned by Harvey Norman enterprise then its not worth the paper it’s written on.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Purchased a Euromaid oven 90cm FC9PS.The door jammed closed (food in the oven), could not open it. Cost $578 to get new hinges. We were told by the repair man that this will happen again because the joint hinges are too light for the weight of the door.So disappointed in this oven.It is an exceptionally hot oven.About to go to dept of fair trading as under consumer law this is an inferior product and not fit for purpose.

Verified Customer Department: Electronics

Always good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Always super helpful when you ask.. sometimes they are busy and you may have to wait but they always come as quick as they can !

Verified Customer Department: Appliances

Great store with everything you need

Prices were very competitive
Got my delivery the next day on a Sunday
Sales person was fantastic and so helpful
Love Harvey Norman will shop only there now

Needed a vacuum cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2018

Have been buying our household needs since buying a new home and have had the best customer service from these guys at Campbelltown store ... Daniel with our lounge dining and living room furniture...Margaret with our "White goods " even though they are stainless steel look now ! And Rob Cohen with our Dyson Vac cleaner and our rice cooker! Couldn't be happier with the service and the delivery of our furniture ! Everyone has been amazing !! Would happily recommend Harvey Norman to all I know !

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Christine, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Have a great day. Lynda - HN Customer Service

No Trust.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2018

I explained to the salesperson I wanted a computer for my photo's & to write.
$1,500 later, SD Card will not work, and no Microsoft Office. I did get a Norton Product included.
Yes, the salesperson was very nice, but how hard is it to sell me the right product that works.
Your product sucks, I have no trust in Harvey Norman.
I am a basic computer user and the salesperson understood this fully.
I support Australian businesses, I try is buy Australian products.
Get it together Harvey Norman, train your salespersons.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Sam, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please share with us more details on the link provided here: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/contact-us/ so we can follow up with the store ... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Department: Appliances

Worst customer service I've ever experienced

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

After paying in full, received a call at home a day later saying they'd made a mistake and demanded more money before they'd ship my items. After 6 months of back and forth, I finally sought legal advice, issued a letter of demand, and my items were delivered a week later. No apology at all, this company is only focused on ripping customers off, there is absolutely no long term incentive to maintain customer satisfaction. They disgust me!

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Greg, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please share with us more details on the link provided here: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/contact-us/ so we can follow up with the store... read more »

Department: Furniture

3 Weeks for Delivery from Melbourne

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

3 weeks to deliver something that's IN STOCK in melbourne is a joke.
how does it take 3 weeks to deliver something an hour down the road from your warehouse.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi EmineNce, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please share with us more details on the link provided here: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/contact-us/ so we can follow up with the s... read more »

Verified Customer Department: Appliances

Misleading received wrong rangehood and used chairs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

I received the wrong rangehood not the one I wanted and my dining chairs were showroom chairs not new I couldn’t return the stock and get a refund because I had to pay $350 return policy that’s disgusting I never heard of that before Harvey Norman are dishonest I will never go there again.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Effie, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please share with us more details on the link provided here: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/contact-us/ so we can follow up with the stor... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Department: Electronics

The "click and collect" is misleading

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

The "click and collect" system is designed to get your money faster without having to deliver their service promptly. I paid for an item on Sunday on the belief that I could get it on Monday morning. The item did not get through their system until after midday of Monday, and this could only happen after my call to their Sydney office, wasting 18 minutes in line and further 11 minutes to get the problem solved. If I turned up in the store and bought it, it would take a lot less effort and also a lot faster to get the item. With "click and collect" system, you have to physically turn up to get the item anyway because I sent a person with my authorised letter, my contact number (which is the same as the number left on their system), the email from Harvey Norman, but the sales people refused to cooperate and didn't bother to check the number I left in the system anyway, so it's double the trouble without any benefit in their "click and collect" system.

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi aquamax, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please share with us more details on the link provided here: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/contact-us/ so we can follow up with the st... read more »

Dear Lynda, Thanks for your message. The two guys working there said they were simply following the procedure so it's your procedure that I am complaining about: there should be a warning message ... read more »

Sydney

• 4 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

No response

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

I placed an online order for a television in a bedroom but had to cancel it. I called and waited for over 20 minutes before finally using the callback option. It took them over an hour to call me to confirm the order had been cancelled I then got a call less than 5 minutes later about the same query? Clearly they don’t communicate. Later today I thought I’d give them a 2nd go and was placed on hold for 15 minutes before they offered to put me thru to the white goods dept ( I want a tv!) told them forget it I was a fan of Harvey Norman but no longer. I’ll go to bing lee or else where and pay more if I have to. Harvey Norman your customer service sucks

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Davo, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please share with us more details on the link provided here: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/contact-us/ so we can follow up with the store... read more »

Department: Appliances

Manager does not know how to deal with a customer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

I bought air fryer and when I got home,they didn’t give me the color I want ,I plugged it up for a moment because the paper was burning around the air fryer when I came back, the woman responsible for that part spoke with me loud and angry. And what came from her mouth told me, it was hard for me to believe that a manager was so rude with Customer,and she mocked at me and said you used it and left your fingertips and laughed at me laughinglyExactly I bought that device three hours before that,she didn’t change it for me

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Susan, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please share with us more details on the link provided here: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/contact-us/ so we can follow up with the stor... read more »

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Most traumatic experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

I stupidly purchased a washer and dryer for "Hardly Normal" at Balgowlah, as well as "the appropriate" stacker kit, sold by the sales assistant. This was not without the reassurance of the representative ensuring me that this was the correct size. But, you guessed it - it was not! Oh, it gets better. Like all the other reviews here, the delivery was postponed at a huge inconvenience to me. Booked a Friday delivery, but it came Tuesday. Anyway, the delivery guy arrived, but upon installing the stacker kit, and drilling into the washer, he realised it was the wrong size! (We all saw that coming didn't we?!). With a few F words from him and a nice bloody handprint on the wall, he finally gave up and walked out, leaving the stacker kit in the middle of the living room floor. Superb. I called the store and spoke to the manager about the incorrect stacker kit being sold to me, and the lack of care from the deliver guy, to be told "I don't answer to anyone" and "it is not my problem". I of course put in a formal complaint to Head Office which has resulted in a refund..... However I'm still $250+ short. WHAT A WASTE OF MY TIME!

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi Beyonce, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please share with us more details on the link provided here: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/contact-us/ so we can follow up with the st... read more »

Verified Customer Department: Appliances

Think carefully before purchasing from Harvey Norman their after sales service is shocking!!!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

Over the past two months I've purchased several items from Harvey Norman namely; two LG TV's, a Dyson V8 vacuum, Belling oven extractor fan and a Smeg free standing stove/oven. I have had problems with two of the items and found their after care customer service to be nothing short of shocking!!!!!

My latest issue is with the Smeg stove which I had qualified gas and electric installers remove it from it's packaging and the front glass shattering into thousands of pieces right before our eyes. My wife rang the store to explain what happened and was assured by the sales person he would sort it out asap. After numerous phone calls and messages to this person his response was there is nothing Harvey Norman can do.

So I had no option but to order the new $300 piece of glass and pay for it myself which I've done. I then get the installer back to connect the stove and wire it in whilst waiting for the glass to arrive and low and behold the oven does not work it's completely dead!!!!! I personally drove to the store this morning and explained this to another very disinterested sales person who's response was "we'll have to fix it I suppose".

I paid $2300 dollars for a stove and this is the response I get from a salesman who couldn't actually care!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I will never purchase another item from Harvey Norman and I will make sure I let as many people know as humanly possible about this unbelievably poor customer experience!!!

Comments
Harvey Norman Official

Hi James, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please share with us more details on the link provided here: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/contact-us/ so we can follow up with the stor... read more »

1 of 133 pages