Verified Customer

Great Service, very much appreciated

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Thank you so much for this service it took the stress out of firstly, finding someone, and then getting the job done quickly. To be able to know who to ring, and within an hour my problem was fixed... amazing.

The service was excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Service on the telephone was great. The chap arrived in about an hour and was most pleasant and helpful and most of all he fixed the problem.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Andrew was Professional, on time and courteous. RACV has done well to choose Domain . Well worth having emergency home assistance

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Quick and effective

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

We had a safety switch tripping after heavy rain. A sparky came out within the hour, asked a few questions and homed in on the outside power point for our fancy instant gas water heater. The tiny gap between plug and power point was full of wet "spider crud". Courteous electrician with a lot of experience.

Comments
RACV Official

Hi David, it is great to hear we were able to diagnose and locate your electrical issue. We would like to forward your compliments onto the Electrician who attended. So we may could you please PM u... read more »

EHA Job No: H183470085

What a joke!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

Plumber was sent out and he found the broken pipe under the house. He then said he didn't have the 80mm pipe to fix it even though it's something they stock at the local hardware store. He left it broken, told us not to use the kitchen sink or the dishwasher and when we told him the pipe is available to buy a short distance from where we lived, he said "my job here is done". On their website under "our commitment" they say that the leave the place safe.. their version of leaving the place safe is by us not using our services. Turns out, we now have to get someone else out tomorrow who will charge us to fix it all because their plumber didn't stock a standard pipe. Called back RACV to request a reimbursement of the EHA and they said they can't do anything about it and that I'd have to call the Member Relations people.
Appears to be a common theme of their trades people coming out and not being able to fix the issue then incurring more costs for the customer when a reschedule occurs.
This could have been fixed within half an hour at best had he had the right size pipe. I thought by getting a plumber out they'd have various pipes available on hand..... nope. Just more money for us to fork out tomorrow ....
Where's that commitment for the customer? Seems it was all a bit too hard. As long as he got paid for his call out fee is all that matters I guess......

Terrific, quick service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Quick response. Very grateful to have a professional come out after hours. Peace of mind. Would recommend Emergency Assist for ever household

Comments
RACV Official

Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to contact us with your Emergency Home Assistance experience. It is always great to hear from our Members. We are glad to hear our technicians were abl... read more »

Will never be without RACV home or road assist

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

The electrician was courteous, friendly and professional
He couldn’t fix the problem but booked us in with someone who can.

Comments
RACV Official

Hi Mandy, sorry to hear we weren't able to fix the electrical issue on the spot, but it's great to hear we were able to get you booked in with someone, to get everything repaired and working again.... read more »

The electrician was a lovely man no worries on not fixing it it wasn’t his area
The mechanic will come out on Friday

Nothing done - Full repair claimed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

We had a leak from under the ground on our backyard. Called RACV Emergency Home Assist. Their plumber arrived in an hour, he just looked at the affected area and asked me - "So where the water is coming from?", I didn't know the answer and that was why I called them in the first place. Then he told that there was nothing he could do about it and he will organize a leakage detection team to come on the next day, but I will need to pay extra for it. A member of my family waited half a day for them to come, but instead I received a phone call while at work and a lady from RACV told me nobody would come till I agree to pay $495 for the first 2 hours of their investigation and than $40 for every additional 15 min. We declined the service to proceed for this ridiculously high price on top of paying our annual membership. Nevertheless, I received e-mail with RACV EMERGENCY HOME ASSIST – Service Delivery Document where it states - "Full repair" was done. Really??? Yes, this document was signed by me as I was asked to sign that a plumber attended, but the statement regarding the full repair wasn't shown to me. Interesting - what have we been paying for?

Comments
RACV Official

Hi Nadia, we are sorry to hear of your recent Emergency Home Assistance experience. We would like to look into this matter for you. So we may, could you please PM us with your Membership and Contac... read more »

Great service for a single mum, who occasionally needs a little help with a home emergency !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Simple problem but i wouldn't have known where to start. From the call operator to the plumber who attended, they were both polite, efficient and knowledgeable. problem was fixed in 5 minutes, but just knowing they were coming to the rescue gave me peace of mind.

Comments
RACV Official

Hi Caro! Thanks for your feedback, we have inboxed you for additional information. Kind Regards, Mel.

This is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Great bloke, quickly got the job done and we are very happy with the work. Good postive outcomes for it

Comments
RACV Official

Hi Baran, thank you for passing on your feedback! We are happy to hear that we were able to help out on site and that the tradesman has also provided great service :) We hope you have a wondering evening! Kind regards, Sulin

EHA Works Well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

From my phone call an immediate connection to the locksmith who arrived within 30 mins and then a difficult job completed with know how and persistance.

Comments
RACV Official

HI Gary, thanks for your feedback. Im sure the service provider & the manager will be happy to hear it. We will private message you.

Victoria

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2018

I was very happy with the quick response that I received and the plumber was very knowledgeable and offered exceptional service.

Comments
RACV Official

Thanks so much for the great review Jules. We'll make sure the service provider and their manager are also made aware. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you in the future. Nick - Specialised Support consultant

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Plumber arrived within the hour as predicted. Courteous , prompt service.
Fault found and fixed quickly. Thanks to RACV home assist. Thankyou

Comments
RACV Official

Hi Judy, thanks so much for your feedback in relation to the service you received. We are sure the service provider and his manager will be happy too. We look forward to being there for you, if you... read more »

Great service beyond expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Having called early morning on Saturday the plumber was on time and took no time to finish the job promptly
Also had a very pleasing personality

Comments
RACV Official

Hi Amit. Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We love hearing our member’s experiences and would love to share your feedback with the tradesperson concerned. We have inboxed you directly for additional information. Kind Regards, Mel.

Can't live without it

Excellent service
I received help from RACV home emergency service many times for different reasons. I give them 5 star
Thanks for helping me
Zahra

Comments
RACV Official

Hi Zahra, it's great to hear our Emergency Home Assistance is always there for you. We look forward to being here to assist whenever you are in need. Have a great weekend! Warm regards, Randall - Social Media Consultant

Wow! Impressive response time. So glad I joined RACV Home Assist.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Lady on phone friendly and helpful. Tradey arrived fast and fixed problem leak efficiently and neatly. First time I have needed to call for assistance, which proved to be pleasant experience. Highly recommended home insurance.

Comments
RACV Official

Hi Dave. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Home Assist. We love hearing our member’s experiences and would love to share your feedback with the tradesperson conce... read more »

Excellent, efficient service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Such a relief having RACV Home Assist a phone call away. Their friendly staff are available to fix just about any problem. I wouldn't be without them.

Comments
RACV Official

Hi Athene, it's great to hear our Emergency Home Assistance can help put your mind at ease. we look forward to being here to assist whenever you are in need. Have a great weekend! Warm regards, Martin - Social Media Consultant

Service was very good. Punctual, attentive, polite and professional.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Leaking toilet was fixed very quickly. Replaced worn washers with stock they already carried in their car. Arrived in 45 minutes which was great.

Comments
RACV Official

Hi Margaret, it is great to hear our plumber arrived and repaired your leaking toilet promptly. We look forward to being here to assist you in future. Have a great weekend! Warm regards, Martin - Social Media Consultant.

Fast, reliable service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Efficient and knowledgeable service. Highly recommend this insurance for peace of mind and quick fix. The plumber was friendly and helpful and gave advice on a couple of queries.

Comments
RACV Official

Hi Fran, Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience with Emergency Home Assist. We are pleased to hear it was such a pleasant experience and are positive the plumber who attended... read more »

Bravo George the plumber expert

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

We had a plumbing problem - drainage that included shower and tower - George came within an hour and fixed it - friendly, knowledgeable, and gave me a hint or two - all done...
Bravo ...

1 of 89 pages

Hi - I rang RACV emergency home assist as my gas ducted heating was not working. Unfortunately the person who came could not fix it and he said he will arrange for another person to give me a quote. How long does it take before I get the quote so I can organise the heating to be fixed? The person came at around 10.30am and it’s not 5.15pm and I still haven’t got the quote. (Ps it is freezing in Melbourne!)

FGhost asked on Jul 02, 2018

Answer this

I have the same question. Any ideas?

Is a stormwater drain blockage covered by EHA?

Lindsay asked on Apr 03, 2018

I had a plumber here on 3rd September for a blocked drain. He turned up with just 18 metes of coil and no jet, then declared he couldn't clear the drain but that he could organise me a quote blah, blah, blah. Next day on the 4th I got my own plumber (not through RACV) and he fixed the blockage in 20 minutes. Not only did he have 40 metres of coil but he also had a camera and a jet cleaner. Am I right to feel dudded by RACV Home Assist?

Bux asked on Sep 19, 2017

Answer this

You cant expect RACV to be equipped with expensive equipment like cameras etc. they are there to help in an emergency and do their job very well. But would have had to pay big for a plumber so would expect to get the job done well. We are extremely happy with RACV EHA and we have had to have them out several times.

I think you need to make sure you let RACV know what happened. Naturally they expect to be sending good trades people. As we all know.... not everyone is good (or honest) at their job. The only way they can get rid of the bad workers is if we let them know. I have never had any trouble with any of the tradies they have sent to 'save' my issues, but I did used to use an RACV approved car repairer. I was not happy and stopped using them, I did not complain to RACV - probably should have - but I notice now they are not RACV approved any more.

Listen to their advertisments they are the first port of call, saving that initial call out fee which can be so expensive if it can't be done by them then it is the next stage, they tell you that. What do you want for the money it's not like it costs a fortune. Great peace of mind and also great service times even on Weekends. Come on Aussie's give it a break

See all 6 questions about RACV Emergency Home Assist