Prompt and Professional Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

Tree branch fell & damaged roof tiles. Response was within an hour & tradesman did Excellent job, in a professional and friendly manner.

Racv call out

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Had a running hot water tap problem late at night, called home assist plumber came out within 20 mins. Quick & proffessional & explained in detail..

Very professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

We rang for a plumber today to fix a leak and Mathew arrived within the hour and was extremely courteous, efficient and professional. He was very friendly and explained everything to us and was a credit to the RACV Emergency Home Assist team.

• 3 comments
Private message

RACV Home Emergency Assist not worth the money

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

On 14th of Feb we had to ring RACV Home Emergency Assist because of a blocked drain. First plumber came out and unblocked with a plunger. Two hours later we had another blockage a few meters further down. We rang again and the second plumber unblocked again with a plunger. Today, just one week later, we had another blockage. Did not bother to ring RACV, but rang a real plumber instead. He came within an hour, fixed the blockage and went down with a camera to see if there is some damage at the pipes. Nothing detected. After 350 Dollars all good. Money well spent. The money we spent on RACV Home Emergency Assist was a waste. Never again.

Cistern leak

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Plumber arrived, good bloke. Found one of the part needs replacement in the flush assembly. He offers replacement for $90 for the spare part. I googled and Bunnings selling same brand, same product for $19.95

I asked him why such a difference and the answer is “this is how the RACV makes money, he said you getting the labour free anyways”. I was very disappointed with the comment and called RACV again, the moment I called this plumber left even after I told him that let me clarify with RACV he denied and left. I spoke to RACV and they said, they don’t have any control over vendor pricing. That sounded like a ripper to me. Not what I expect from a company of a stature of RACV.

So, so good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Had an issue with our garden tap and called RACV home assist and they picked up instantly. The lady I spoke was extremely respectful and helpful and assured a plumber would be at my property within the hour. A lovely technician named Joe arrived after 30 minutes and he was incredibly professional and efficient! I have used home assist numerous times and I’ve yet to be disappointed!

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

A plumbing problem in the bathroom. Rob was very friendly, very efficient and fixed the problem with no hassle. A job well done.

Toilet leak

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

First time users of this service, very impressed. Plumbers arrived about 1.5 hours after call was made, extremely helpful and courteous.

Excellent service! Quick and easy, Awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

Tap/ plumbing problem, water got worse, called RACV Emergency, got job done in time to head to work. Second time they have excelled in service, dont know where we would be with out RACV Emergency, seriously!

Excellent Service Highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

I was extremely happy with the service. I rang on the Friday afternoon on the train while travelling home and they were at my home when I arrived. Also in the past I have had really good experience with Emergency Home Assist they are vey quick to come out highly recommend them to anyone.

Prompt, effective and helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2018

Our RACV home emergency serviceman arrived within half an hour of my call. He was polite and friendly. He explained the problem, and fixed it promptly. (leaky valve in our hot water system.). All completed, cleaned up and tested within 30-40 mins. I couldn't be more pleased and satisfied!
Allen E.

Very excellent service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2018

At 6.30pm on a Friday night I noticed my hot water system was leaking water from a pipe. I went into panic mode then I called RACV EHA (as I've only joined mid last year). The operator was very polite and helpful. He stated a plummer would be to me with in the hour, The plummer arrived with half an hour and fixed my leaking pipe he also was very polite & helpful. I am very happy with this service and highly recommend this service to anyone.

Amazingly Helpful and Convenient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

Whilst preparing for my sons second birthday party I noticed a leaking sound outside and found my pipe for my hot water service was spraying water. EHA came out had it fixed and replaced all before my guests arrived.

Very helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

I haven’t had to use EHA very often but I am glad I have it.
Today a very patient, helpful and informative electrician worked at my place, fixed the problem and guided me to the next steps I need to take to fix the problem permanently.
The plumber we used a few years ago was also excellent.

PLUMBING RESCUE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

We had a near disaster with all waste water outlets not draining on a Saturday morning. The plumber was prompt, efficient and very pleasant and resolved the issue within an hour of my call by clearing the main Water Supplier reticulation line

Wonderful service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

Prompt arrival after call out , friendly and helpful plumber with complete resolution of problem. Couldn’t be happier with RACV EHA.

RAVC Emergency Home Service first time user.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

On 15/02/2018 I called the RACV EHA to report a blocked sewer.
George the plumber arrived within an hour. He was extremely obliging and courteous and had the blockage cleared with the aid of an electric pipe cleaner in one hour.
Well done RACV this is an excellent service that I would recommend to others.

Excellent plus service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

When the first call out didn't solve our plumbing problem the RACV sent out George who after a lot of hard work cleared the pipe and had everything working properly. George was very friendly and explained his work as he proceeded allowing us to feel confident with his skills. We recommend Emergency Home Assist to everyone. Professional service within an hour. Well done George.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

RACV sent out a plumber within half an hour of my call. He was courteous and competent and had all the appropriate tools (unlike the last one who kept asking for my tools). He fixed the problem within another half an hour and was on his way. Great communication and gave me every confidence that the issue was addressed by a professional.

Verified Customer

Excellent service at 6.30am in the morning!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Excellent service! we lost power at home at 5.30am !! and it was restored an hour later at 6.30am, when the RACV Home Assist electrician arrived. Truly amazing! thank you

1 of 64 pages

I have a wobble ceiling fan, can I use this service from RACV?

Thu N asked on Dec 06, 2017

I had a plumber here on 3rd September for a blocked drain. He turned up with just 18 metes of coil and no jet, then declared he couldn't clear the drain but that he could organise me a quote blah, blah, blah. Next day on the 4th I got my own plumber (not through RACV) and he fixed the blockage in 20 minutes. Not only did he have 40 metres of coil but he also had a camera and a jet cleaner. Am I right to feel dudded by RACV Home Assist?

Bux asked on Sep 19, 2017

Answer this

You cant expect RACV to be equipped with expensive equipment like cameras etc. they are there to help in an emergency and do their job very well. But would have had to pay big for a plumber so would expect to get the job done well. We are extremely happy with RACV EHA and we have had to have them out several times.

I think you need to make sure you let RACV know what happened. Naturally they expect to be sending good trades people. As we all know.... not everyone is good (or honest) at their job. The only way they can get rid of the bad workers is if we let them know. I have never had any trouble with any of the tradies they have sent to 'save' my issues, but I did used to use an RACV approved car repairer. I was not happy and stopped using them, I did not complain to RACV - probably should have - but I notice now they are not RACV approved any more.

are appliances like ovens, cook top, over stove fan, air conditioners, washing machine , dryers covered?

rhonda asked on Aug 14, 2017