Highly Recommened product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

Great clippers at a great price. Highly recommended product, easy to use with great instructions provided in the box. 5 stars

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for the great review suffolyf. Happy that you found the instructions easy to follow.

Excellent clippers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

Bought the Salty Dog Clippers kit and it arrived quickly. The clippers are easy to use and cut effortlessly. The blade included in the kit was a bit too short for my dogs. So ordered another blade but it wouldn't cut. Worried I had wasted my money, I contacted Salty Dog by email and they were straight back to me with advice and a replacement blade. The new blade does a great job. So I am very pleased with the Salty Dog product. Very good clippers and excellent after sales service.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for the review and kind words Kerrie.

Exactly the tool I needed!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2017

Living in central Australia the heat can really take its toll on our pooches. Me and my partner have a husky and a German Shephard, Salty Dog provided us with the exact tool we needed to help keep our fur babies cool in not only the summer but the winter as well. We found ourselves spending a fortune every couple of months for hair cuts on our doggos but now we are saving even after purchasing extra blades as back ups. Quick delivery and excellent customer service from these guys! Have definitely recommended it to friends around town :)

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

What a fantastic review Amanda. Thanks for recommending us around town.

Salty Dog clippers.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

Very happy with these clippers, great presentation with case and everything I need to clip my dog all in one set. Had some trouble with my blades and the customer service was fantastic and they easily rectified the problem.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for the review Narelle. We are delighted to hear that you found our customer service fantastic and are happy that you are away and clipping.

Great clippers with all accessories included

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

Really happy with my purchase. Gorgeous box set with everything required for grooming our Cavie. My daughter and I took turns, easy to use. Purchased an extra blade as well which was easy to change over. Will be so glad not to have to fork out $$$ every second month.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for your review Kerrie. It's a great way to save money and spend more time with our furry friends.

Great value, works wonderfully

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

I purchased this set and was really impressed wth the results. It is going to save me a fortune in clipping expenses.
I also purchased another blade for my poodle and changing blades was easy peasey.
I also love the fact everything is kept in one case, so no bits go astray.
The communication given to me by the sellers was wonderful.
I cannot fault this kit in any way. I definitely recommend it.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for the review Michelle. We find having everything together in the same case is a life saver, everything stays neat and tidy.

• 1 comment

Waste of Money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

I have been grooming my two dogs for many years and have owned Wahl clippers in the past that worked very well. The clippers I have received are not good quality and do not cut. I have contacted the organisation three times now, firstly to get advice on changing the blades as the pictures in the manual are misleading, I had to email twice to get a response, and secondly, to inform the company that I would like my money back and to ask where I send the faulty set I have received. Still waiting on their reply. Clippers are useless and the customers service is not great either. I was going to purchase my first set of Osters....kicking myself now.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Hi Rachel, I'm sorry we couldn't reach a resolution with you. We do our best to ensure everyone has a working set of clippers and 100% of the time we get our customers clipping when we work together.

I contacted NSW Fair Trading immediately after not receiving a quick reply from Salty Dog in relation to the clippers that didn't clip and me wanting a full refund. I did not engage in Salty Dogs a... read more »

Salty Dog Clippers Official

Hi Rachel, Thanks for reaching out again and giving us a chance to explain our side of the story. It's true we missed your first email and as we said in the response to your second email we apolog... read more »

Don't waste your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

Very professional looking kit. But don't be fooled as i was. I read the reviews and based on that i brought the salty dog clippers. Don't waste your money. Very disappointed in the product didn't perform to my satisfaction at all.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Hi Disappointed, have you reached out to us? As you can see from the reviews here, when people work with us we can get you clipping in no time.

Waste of time and money

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

Noisy first time used even though the blade hadn't been touched, need a bottle of oil each time hard to assemble wish I had read the reviews first and I wouldn't have bought them. My dog deserves better Ronson hair clippers for humans do a better job and CHEAPER.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Hi Scotty, sorry to hear you are having such a hard time with our clippers. Have you reached out to us? We find that when we work together we can have our customers enjoying the clipping/grooming process in no time.

Happy with clippers and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

I purchased Salty Dog clippers early this year. I was impressed at how beautifully presented they were. I did have a few problems with my clippers. Each time I contacted them they were very prompt with their response and gave lots friendly advice. After continued problems with my clippers they were replaced immediately and arrived within a couple of days. I really can't fault their service. The new set cut like a dream.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Great review! Thanks for working with us to ensure you had a great experience when using our product.

Disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

I bought these for my mother to use on her poodle. Low speed doesn't work. They clog up within1cm of use. Very disappointed. Waste of money.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Hi David, feel free to reach out to us via our website or on facebook. I'm certain working together we can fix this issue.

Verified Purchase

Still totally disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

I have a poodle x I am totally disappointed with this product. I followed the instructions to the letter first time i ran down the dog's back they just clogged up and within 2 minutes they were so hot, i couldn't touch the blade to get it off. I tried everything you suggested with no success. I want my money back where do i send them. Very disappointed in your clippers.
Still very disappointed in your clippers.
You sent me the new blade thanks but now I find that the combs don't fit it and I don't want to shave my dog nearly bald so i am still very angry and disappointed in your product and I still want my money back where do I send it.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Hi Linda, feel free to reach out to us via our website or on facebook.

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Problems with the cut but customer service excellent

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

Great packaging and accessories, very good quality. I had trouble with the cut and found the clippers noisier than my previous cheapies. Best you find out what blade you need first and see if that can be swapped for the no 10. Although that is most popular it didn't work well on my dog. I have to say customer service was EXCELLENT though, quick replies and agreed to resolve my issues immediately. I was a bit worried based on some previous comments on here but I do not agree with them as I think this company works with you and genuinely wants happy customers. It is good to support Australian Companies and nice to see one who does want to customer to be happy. They agreed to my resolution within a day which makes me have a lot of confidence in them. If you are having issues contact them as they will help you.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Great to hear you had a pleasant experience dealing with us. We always strive to help out our customers and when people do have an issue, we find that working together we can overcome any obstacle.

Why I bought these

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

I looked around at the other competitors gear and it looked ok but the main reason I bought these was because of the level of help you get. When I first got my kit I had a little trouble with the blade but after a quick message to Salty Dog, they had helped fix the problem within minutes.
Reckon you could get that level of help from the others?
Everything works great. Easy to clean. Not too noisy, doesn't get too hot. Definitely recommend.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for the review Peter. If you ever need help feel free to reach out.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Horrible waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

I had nothing but trouble with this product. I was very discussed on how the clippers cut and the way they overheated within a few seconds. They left my clients dog looking disastrous and I spent 3 hours trying to fix up the cut the salty dog clippers left. Very cheap product that doesn't do what it says it's meant to do. Have been very upset with the outcome of these clippers as they looked advertised so well. I wouldn't recommend these clippers to anyone who wants a nicely groomed dog. From much experience, I wouldn't even consider these eligible for grooming. Now stuck with $199 of equipment I'm considering throwing in the bin.

January 31st, 2017 Update: Fight Against Salty Dog With Me

After buying my Salty dog clippers i was nothing but unhappy, the company was rude and didn't handle the situation appropriately. I have lodged a complaint with the NSW fair trading and am speaking with someone at the moment. Due to the companies attitude at this rate i won't be getting my hard earned $200 back, However the more complaints fair trading have they then have right to take action with or without Salty dogs permission. If you amongst the many of us who is sick and tired of the issue and just want your money back please lodge a complaint into fair trading. This is a dangerous product that doesn't do what its meant to do and i feel as a dog groomer that something needs to happen. If they get a suitable amount of complaints they will take action, please help me fight for our money back from a horrible product.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks Makayla, we've been in touch with you and tried our best to help you out. We ensure all our customers are setup with a kit that works for them and their breed and have tried to assist you by... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

Bought these a while ago pathetic and would not recommend to anyone tried to get money back but had heaps of issues... very disappointed as I advised wife to get these Ove oster and what a mistake...

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Hi lee, Im so sorry you had a bad experience. We have sold thousands of these kits ti aussies over the past 6 years with many many happy customers so we know that they are an awesome product when u... read more »

Great compact case with all you need

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2016

Sorry to say that I haven't used them yet, but I love the fact that everything I need is neatly accommodated in the hard carry case. I am also very impressed that the 2 blades that came with the set, are the exact sizes I need for clipping my 4 silky, Maltese, Poodle cross dogs.
I've never groomed the dogs myself, and I'm truly quite nervous about it. I have watched several YouTube videos on using clippers and how to groom them, so here's hoping I have enough courage to give it a go. Great to be able to support Australian made.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for the great review Robyn. Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about home grooming or using the dog shears. We're always here to help

Basic clippers

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2016

2.5 stars would be my choice. These clippers are nowhere near as good as WAHL clippers. Think it would be best to forget about the lovely packaging and all the gadgets in the case and use that revenue to improve your clippers. Sorry I can't leave more positive feedback.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for the feedback Elizabeth, we love hearing from all our customers so we can continue to improve our product. Have you been in touch with us? We'd love to help you out as they should work ju... read more »

Ease of use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2016

A wonderful set of tools, easy to use. Neatly packed in a handy case. Added information to assist with choice of tool.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for the great feedback on our salty dog grooming clippers. Please get in touch if you have any questions about grooming from home in the future

They actually work

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2016

I received my clippers in a timely fashion, but had problems changing the blades. A link was sent through quickly and efficiently. Thank you, now happily clipping

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for the great feedback Isabell about our dog grooming clipper ! Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions down the track!

1 of 3 pages

Hi there, I asked a question last week, but am still uncertain what to do' I am wanting to buy some clippers but am hesitant because my dogs have very thick curly coats (thick labradoodles). I see the reviews are mixed - as they are for most brands. Please please can you tell me honestly if you think these will cope with very thick curly coats, or are they best suited to finer coated dogs? Thank you [email protected]

Paula asked on Oct 03, 2017

Not sure of this query made it to you, however, I purchased clippers early 2016and have onky had need to use them on my golden retriever recently. They dont seem to be able to clipp the dog's fur even after washing and grooming the dog. Would a lower nimber blade help? I note that the clippers being sold now have two blades, however, the kit I have only came with a #10 blade and 4 combs

Nick asked on Jan 02, 2017

Answer this

Hi Nick
I only clip my dog once the coat is perfectly dry. Have you clipped the blade on correctly? They can be very hard to get on for a start.
Try without the combs.

Hi Nick, thanks for your question. We use them on our 2 goldies and find that the #7 blade does clip much easier through their fur. The #10 with guide combs will work, however its harder work. They need to be perfectly brushed, washed and dried before you begin. Feel free to email us and we can help you out further. [email protected]

Hi, looking for clippers for my labx ret what would you recommend ?

Nean asked on Dec 12, 2016

Answer this

Hi Nean, We use our clippers on our 3 golden retrievers. Many of our customers own labs x retrievers. You just need to ensure that you put a lot of time into the prep. Wash, comb, dry your dog very well before you even turn on the clippers. We have recently added top quality scissors to our kit, use these to cut away an matts etc. Once you start grooming make sure you keep your blades well oiled. With retrievers we find a slightly longer blade such as a #7 works better then the #10 and looks better. Best of luck

Product Details