Verified Purchase

Fantastic kit, great value & easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Very happy with Salty dog. So happy with value. Brushes, scissors,comb, nail clippers included. Easy to use. Great customer service, communication. Excited to save money on clipping for this summer. Highly recommend. & Happy to support a small Australian company.
Thanks Salty dog

Don’t waste your money

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Don’t waste your money buying these! They work no better than the $30 one i had previously bought and they overheat within 10 minutes making them unusable. They also don’t cut evenly and are so noisy it actually frightend my dog. They were of no assistance when I tried to discuss this with them and wanted to discuss a refund due to dissatisfaction, they were rude and dismissive.

Comments
Salty Dog Official

Reviews like this make us sad :( We would never be rude or dismissive and always go out of our way to help if a customer has any issues. We chatted over FB messenger and the issue brought up was ... read more »

Super easy to use, excellent results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

We clipped our 4 month old schnauzer for the first time with the Salty Dog clipper kit. Although she didn’t like the experience very much (to be expected), we loved how easy the clippers were to use, and all the extras that came in the kit! The comb, brush and scissors were really handy to tidy up her face. With a bit more practice, our pup will be the best looking schnauzer in town! Thanks Salty Dog!

Wow wow wow

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

All I can say is Wow! My girl slept through her clip and the went through her coat smoothly. Customer service was fabulous - a very happy customer

Saving me a fortune

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

Love the kit. I have 2 labradoodles and were costing over $100 each grooming so this has saved me so much. I also brought some extra blades so all is working just great. thanks

Excellent product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

Love my clippers they are so easy to use,Smudge my dog think they are great a lot less stress. R

Perfect for a very hairy Collie

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

First time clipping my girl. I used everything in the kit. The clippers were great, I needed the two speeds for thicker double cost near her backside. I kept the blades oiled as recommended and had no trouble with noise. The guides also fitted without issue. Just saved myself $80 so after a couple of clips the kit will have paid for itself!

Great kit and service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

Love my kit. Arrived just a few days after ordering. Everything works well. Bought other scissors and a metal comb elsewhere. I have a Poodle and a Bichon, they need stronger equipment. But the kit and service from the company are excellent. The price perfect. Thank you Salty Dog. A great company to do business with.

Verified Purchase

So happy with my purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

I was sick and tired of paying $100 each time for my long haired Jack Russels to be groomed. Salty Dog clippers are AWESOME! My first clip was a bit rough around the edges because my Jack’s hair was so long, but I trimmed her again a week later and she looks perfect. I bought an extra size 4 blade which works perfect. Very very satisfied and happy customer. ❤️

Excellent.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

Just recently purchased the clippers, very impressed with them, we have 2 Maltese cross dogs, worked wonderfully on them as they had a lot of matted fur on their legs. Clippers performed well.

Verified Purchase

Fantastic set for our two small dogs.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

We bought the Salty Dog clippers after about a year of using a cheap but effective grooming kit from Aldi that simply died one day. The Salty Dog clippers by comparison feel much more solidly built and have a finish that is deserving of the somewhat premium price tag. It is very much a case of getting what you pay for.
The clippers themselves have two modes that are handy for cutting different types of dog hair. We have a toy poodle and a long-hair chihuahua cross that have very different types of hair and it is good to have a clipper that can be used for both. The set is quiet and light enough to manoeuvre around the narrow crevasses of our small dogs. My one criticism is that after prolonged use (~20min) it can get quite hot. I feel perhaps I was using it longer than I needed because it was such a breeze to use!
The rest of the kit is also good quality. The de-tangle comb that comes with the kit is by far the best I've ever used. Our toy poodle's hair tends to knot after a few days without brushing but even after a week without brushing, the de-tangle comb slices through knotted hair with ease and no discomfort at all for the dog.
The scissors are good quality and both the guide combs I use have been solid and easy to attach and detach from the clipper unit. I have not used the other combs but imagine they would be similarly good quality.
I would definitely recommend this set for anyone who does their own regular grooming and only wish I had bought them sooner.

• 1 helpful vote

Super informative

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Recently purchased two new blades for my pet clippers. The information on the website was accurate and informative, helping me to choose the mosmy appropriate items! I had looked at other sites but couldn’t find accurate information on the right blade length or type to purchase. Salty dog made choosing easy!
Was so happy to find an Australian based company to purchase through! Blades were shipped same day and arrived within 2 days!
Products and service was of outstanding quality.
Wills definitely be purchasing further grooming tools from Salty Dog :)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

We have two large wire hair dogs, these clippers are amazing and so easy to use. Also done my friends 3 small soft haired dogs. I’m no professional but man oh man I done a great job on all, thank you Salty dog clippers.

Adelaide

Private message

Was not happy.. do not waste your money!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

Wish I read all the comments before! Bought these clippers and worked well the first time I used them.. went to use them a second time (as I was getting my dog used to them) and they kept stopping and didn't cut the hair well at all.. sent a couple messages to them and have not had a response back. I have a cavoodle.. would not recommend these for cavoodle at all.

• 2 answers

Cute

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2018

I got the box set. Was a bit worried after reading reviews about the noise of the clippers and the general quality of the equipment. No need to worry at all. This is a great little set in a cute box and ideal for home use. Would definitely recommend.

Comments
Salty Dog Official

Thanks for the great review Mikey :)

Makes grooming my dogs less of a chore!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Love the carry case the clippers and accessories came in! The clippers are amazing, they just glide through my dogs coats with ease. I have two Maltese Shih Tzu’s.

Comments
Salty Dog Official

Thanks Emma, we love getting great feedback from our customers :)

Poor performance!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

The clippers were loud and when i started cutting my dog i had to go over the same section several times to get the desired length. Even after a few times over the hair was uneven. The case and accessories are great but the clippers lack power and make cutting my dog a very difficult experience. I have contacted Salty Dog to seek support or a refund but have had minimal contact form them.
Very frustrating!

Comments
Salty Dog Official

Hi Sam, we have been in touch with you and we are trying to troubleshoot your issue. We offer a full 2 year repair/replacement warranty. When customers are willing to work with us 100% of the time ... read more »

CAIRNS Far North Queensland, Queensland

• 1 answer

Those 5 stars says it all

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Clippers, were delivered on time in great condition, and the box a little on the sharp edge style. Opening was a pleasure and truly quite exciting. Clippers first, with just the right size base clipper to suit my dog. Scissors, Comb just plastic but ok for me and I have a different two combs anyhow, no problems there. The little thing with a thumb type holder very good and just fine with out upsetting the dog. Oil bottle just fine, but shall run out early, if you do the instructions. I have a spray can oil no probs. when I run out in a month aprox. The demountable combs a good size and quite sturdy, should last for years really, if one is not hard on them. Overall they really deserve a Five and I am pleased I bought them. Regards Gardy

Comments
Salty Dog Official

Thanks Gardy for the fabulous review, it is most appreciated. Woolworths also sell an inexpensive light machine oil :)

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer

Brilliant product/service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2018

I purchased the clippers about 8 months ago and hadn't used them due to the weather. I went to use them and they didn't work, i got in touch with Salty Dog company and within 1 hour i had a response. They sent new blades to me for free with fast delivery and i have been using the clippers now every month and they work a treat!
Couldn't imagine my life without them now.
Fantastic service and great product!

brisbane

• 1 question

excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

Recent dealings with salty dog were excellent, prompt, informative, and so willing to help.
keep up the good work