Brilliant product/service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2018

I purchased the clippers about 8 months ago and hadn't used them due to the weather. I went to use them and they didn't work, i got in touch with Salty Dog company and within 1 hour i had a response. They sent new blades to me for free with fast delivery and i have been using the clippers now every month and they work a treat!
Couldn't imagine my life without them now.
Fantastic service and great product!

Good days ahead, for any customers, whom would like a cut above the rest of society.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Thanks Salty dog, the clipper box and contents arrived on time and beautifully packed. Nothing surprised me more as to the genuine Quality I found inside. Pleased I am, Yes, very much so. I have had a couple of days doing My BichonFrise, and she just sits and lies down according to what I ask of her.. Quite clippers, two speed, and just loving the relaxing time, with a dog that was well overdue for a haircut. Beats my Whal clippers by far. Thanks again Salty Dog Kindest regards and you have another permanent customer :ME: Garth McFarlane

brisbane

• 1 question

excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

Recent dealings with salty dog were excellent, prompt, informative, and so willing to help.
keep up the good work

Great product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

Great quality clippers and accessories, prompt service and delivery. We have a Newfoundland (Neville) and he really is a big job (and an expensive one) to clip. It took two big sessions, but the clippers were triumphant! I would recommend the kit to anyone with a woolly beast like Neville! The soap is very nice, too.

Perfect grooming solution

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2017

entire grooming kit securely contained in robust metal box which is easy to store - have only used once (so far) but have a havanese so will pay for itself in no time and much more convenient than regular trip to the groomers- thank you ☺

These clippers are rubbish and a waste of money.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

The clippers are noisy and rattly - they sound like sheep shears. They didn't cut very well and clipping my dog was an ordeal for both of us. The fancy aluminium case and other tools don't make up for the poor quality of the clippers. Even the scissors didn't cut. I have now done what I should have done in the first place - buy a pair of clippers from a well-respected brand (Andis). My dog now stands while I clip him with no fuss at all, even around his head. Don't waste your money on these clippers.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Sorry you were not happy with our product. This is the only complaint we have had about our new scissors and we issued you a replacement pair straight away no questions asked. We have also offered ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Great to deal with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

What a great company to deal with quick , efficient and helpful !! Only to willing to answer lots of questions . Quick delivery and great products! They are also helpful after the sale with sharpening advice .

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for your review Monique, we try to help as much as we can as we know it is not easy when you first start grooming from home.

Verified Purchase

Do not buy - complete waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

I purchased a clipper set from Salty Dog in September 2015 and it was only that they recently sent an email advertising a new product, that I remembered to write this review to warn others not to purchase. Quite simply the product was rubbish, yes nice looking case, etc but for a start the clippers didn't work. I followed the instructions and to begin with the blade would not detach from the main clipper body, the heads seemed to be out of alignment. After some frustrating dealings via Facebook (as there was no other way to contact) they sent me a video on how to release the blade - surprise surprise the release button looked completely different to the set I had in front of me. I finally released and set up the clippers but everything seemed a bit wonky.

I could have coped with wonky clippers if they had worked! I have two small spoodles with not outrageously difficult coats to clip - my previous Oster clippers had always breezed through the hair, but these blades did not even cut. Not at all. Ongoing contact moved to email, they sent me a form to return clippers to somewhere in either Perth or Canberra for servicing. All I wanted was my money back but alas no. As I was in the middle of selling a house and moving overseas, I never managed to send off for "repair" and ended up throwing the whole kit - fancy case & all in the bin.

Worst purchase ever. Save your money by spending a bit more and buying a reputable brand from a retail store where you can walk back in and speak with someone about any problems and maybe even get a refund if they don't work. Kudos to the other reviewer who involved Fair Trading and got their money back, I wish I had done the same.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Hi Sonslug, I'm sorry you didn't to have a good experience with the clippers in 2015. We now have a new 2017 kit and new owners this year. We follow through with our customers questions via FB, em... read more »

Albany Creek

Great product supported by Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

I had an issue with my #7 Blade and notified Salty Dog who sent me the replacement part without hesitation. I cannot fault their product or product support, a great company to deal with.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for your review Jamie, get back to us if you require anything else in the future.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Best dog clippers by far as well as exceptional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2017

These dog clippers are so easy to use and make trimming the dogs a smooth process. They make short work of thick fur and are gentle as well.
The kit has everything you need and the customer service from this company is second to none. Very impressed.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for the great review Kristy :)

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Great home grooming kit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

We are really happy with our grooming kit. We purchased an extra #5 blade which has worked really well on our Border Collie x German Shepard. It’s a big job washing and removing matts but it is saving us $$ doing it from home.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for the review Sam, it is a huge job grooming from home! Very happy you love our kit and are saving $$$.

Highly Recommened product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

Great clippers at a great price. Highly recommended product, easy to use with great instructions provided in the box. 5 stars

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for the great review suffolyf. Happy that you found the instructions easy to follow.

Excellent clippers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

Bought the Salty Dog Clippers kit and it arrived quickly. The clippers are easy to use and cut effortlessly. The blade included in the kit was a bit too short for my dogs. So ordered another blade but it wouldn't cut. Worried I had wasted my money, I contacted Salty Dog by email and they were straight back to me with advice and a replacement blade. The new blade does a great job. So I am very pleased with the Salty Dog product. Very good clippers and excellent after sales service.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for the review and kind words Kerrie.

Alice Springs

Private message

Exactly the tool I needed!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2017

Living in central Australia the heat can really take its toll on our pooches. Me and my partner have a husky and a German Shephard, Salty Dog provided us with the exact tool we needed to help keep our fur babies cool in not only the summer but the winter as well. We found ourselves spending a fortune every couple of months for hair cuts on our doggos but now we are saving even after purchasing extra blades as back ups. Quick delivery and excellent customer service from these guys! Have definitely recommended it to friends around town :)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

What a fantastic review Amanda. Thanks for recommending us around town.

Salty Dog clippers.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

Very happy with these clippers, great presentation with case and everything I need to clip my dog all in one set. Had some trouble with my blades and the customer service was fantastic and they easily rectified the problem.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for the review Narelle. We are delighted to hear that you found our customer service fantastic and are happy that you are away and clipping.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Great clippers with all accessories included

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

Really happy with my purchase. Gorgeous box set with everything required for grooming our Cavie. My daughter and I took turns, easy to use. Purchased an extra blade as well which was easy to change over. Will be so glad not to have to fork out $$$ every second month.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for your review Kerrie. It's a great way to save money and spend more time with our furry friends.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Great value, works wonderfully

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

I purchased this set and was really impressed wth the results. It is going to save me a fortune in clipping expenses.
I also purchased another blade for my poodle and changing blades was easy peasey.
I also love the fact everything is kept in one case, so no bits go astray.
The communication given to me by the sellers was wonderful.
I cannot fault this kit in any way. I definitely recommend it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Thanks for the review Michelle. We find having everything together in the same case is a life saver, everything stays neat and tidy.

• 1 comment

Waste of Money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

I have been grooming my two dogs for many years and have owned Wahl clippers in the past that worked very well. The clippers I have received are not good quality and do not cut. I have contacted the organisation three times now, firstly to get advice on changing the blades as the pictures in the manual are misleading, I had to email twice to get a response, and secondly, to inform the company that I would like my money back and to ask where I send the faulty set I have received. Still waiting on their reply. Clippers are useless and the customers service is not great either. I was going to purchase my first set of Osters....kicking myself now.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Hi Rachel, I'm sorry we couldn't reach a resolution with you. We do our best to ensure everyone has a working set of clippers and 100% of the time we get our customers clipping when we work together.

I contacted NSW Fair Trading immediately after not receiving a quick reply from Salty Dog in relation to the clippers that didn't clip and me wanting a full refund. I did not engage in Salty Dogs a... read more »

Salty Dog Clippers Official

Hi Rachel, Thanks for reaching out again and giving us a chance to explain our side of the story. It's true we missed your first email and as we said in the response to your second email we apolog... read more »

Don't waste your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

Very professional looking kit. But don't be fooled as i was. I read the reviews and based on that i brought the salty dog clippers. Don't waste your money. Very disappointed in the product didn't perform to my satisfaction at all.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Hi Disappointed, have you reached out to us? As you can see from the reviews here, when people work with us we can get you clipping in no time.

Waste of time and money

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

Noisy first time used even though the blade hadn't been touched, need a bottle of oil each time hard to assemble wish I had read the reviews first and I wouldn't have bought them. My dog deserves better Ronson hair clippers for humans do a better job and CHEAPER.

Comments
Salty Dog Clippers Official

Hi Scotty, sorry to hear you are having such a hard time with our clippers. Have you reached out to us? We find that when we work together we can have our customers enjoying the clipping/grooming process in no time.

1 of 4 pages

I bought the clippers for my golden retriever about 6 months ago. Due to the weather i haven't had to use them. Now its getting hotter i went to use them for the first time and they will not cut her fur. I have followed all the instructions and still nothing. What would you recommend i do next?

Nicola K asked on Nov 24, 2017

Answer this

Hi Nicola, get in touch with us on info@saltydogclippers.com.au and we will see what is going wrong. We will sort it out quickly and get you clipping. Thanks Salty Team

Hi i have a maltese shihtzu what #would i need to get if i was to purchase a set of clippers? She matts easily as well. Thanks Mel

Mel asked on Nov 09, 2017

Hi Mel,

We have many Maltese Shih tzu owners purchase our clipper kit. Our kit comes with a brush and de-matting comb and a fantastic pair of scissors which will all help with the preparation. We have recently come across a great detangling shampoo that we can recommend called secret weapon which can really help with the matts.

The kit comes with a standard #10 blade (1.6mm cut), this will be great for the underbelly, face, paws and delicate areas. Many owners prefer a longer cut on the body and with thick coated breeds we recommend a second blade as the plastic combs that come with the kit do not always work well on these coat types. Please check out our blade guide here which has some more info:- https://saltydogclippers.com.au/pages/grooming-guide

Any further questions please get back to us here or at info@saltydogclippers.com.au.

Hi there, I asked a question last week, but am still uncertain what to do' I am wanting to buy some clippers but am hesitant because my dogs have very thick curly coats (thick labradoodles). I see the reviews are mixed - as they are for most brands. Please please can you tell me honestly if you think these will cope with very thick curly coats, or are they best suited to finer coated dogs? Thank you paula.frc@aohtas.org.au

Paula asked on Oct 03, 2017

Hi Paula,
Thanks for your question. Yes our kit will cope with thick curly coats. We do find with these types of coats a second blade such as a #7 or #5 can be very important. The plastic combs that come with the kit do not always work well on thick coats and that is where other blades can really come into play and make the job easier. Home grooming can be tricky but we are always here to answer any questions and help you through the process. If you have any further questions please get in touch with us at info@saltydogclippers.com.au.

See all 5 questions about Salty Dog Clippers