Bayer Advantage for Cats

Bayer Advantage for Cats

Purple (Large Cats), Orange (Small Cats)

See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

DOES NOT WORK!

I've been using Advantage 2 on both my dog and cats. Yes, it was applied correctly. I have watched the video, it was in the correct spot, directly on the skin. I vacuumed and pulled everything apart (multiple times) to do so, washed all pet bedding and blankets....and sprayed my house. I reapplied every few weeks for a few months. They still had so many fleas! What a waste of money! This is two years in a row I spent hundreds of dollars on Advantage 2, used it over several months, to end up resorting to flea baths and the Zodiak spray (with instant results) that cost about $60. This for all of my animals for the entire season.

Purchased in July 2019.

9 out of 10 cats ended up in emergency hospital....one died from Advantage.

I applied the Advantage to my cats as I have many times before. This time, within hours, several of them were salivating, convulsing and having respiratory difficulties. It resulted in 9 out of 10 of them going to the emergency vet within a 3 hr to 36 hour period. One passed. I have incurred over $8,000 in emergency vet charges and hospital bills due to this. Stay Away!!!!

Side Effects Death
Pet TypeCat

Horrible Product, Horrible Bayer Customer Service.

Pet TypeCat

Please be careful with older cats

Side Effects Death

Just doesn't get rid of flees

Bought large cat dose, purple type. She's had 2 doses in 5 weeks & still has flees. It simply doesn't work on her.

Purchased in April 2019.

Side Effects None
Pet TypeCat

Packets were empty when opened

If $$$$ packet only 2 were full others were empty. I returned it to the vet. They said it’s such a small dosage you probably see it when administered - but I know they were empty.

Purchased in January 2019 for $72.00.

Side Effects None
Pet TypeCat

My heart is broken, I believe this product killed my kitty

Every since I place this product on my cat, my kitty wasn’t the same vomiting , foaming from the mouth seem depress dihrea hiding etc . my vet. Gave him antibiotics and meds for nausea he seem to be fine but then started to get sicker now has passed . Please!!!! EVERYONE be sure of doing your research on these flea products before placing on your baby , bc Im sick to my stomach knowing I’m his care taker / his mum and I thought I was doing the right thing turns out I wasn’t . Now my pooka is gone .

Beware of this product

Amy

AmyGibbsboro

Don't Waste Your Money!

Although my cats had no negative reaction to this product, it doesn't work AT ALL. I bought a few of the 6 pack Advantage for cats over 9 lbs. I've been putting it on them every week and they still have fleas.I am a clean person. I've been vacuuming daily, washing blankets, bedding,and towels constantly, and brushing the cats about every 2-3 days.This product does not work.I'm extremely unhappy because I spent 160$ on it, thinking I'd have about a years supply but I'm almost out. I will not be buying more of this specific product and would suggest you don't waste your money.

Cath 161

Cath 161MORAYFIELD

Gets rid of fleas but has unwanted side effects.

rmlb

rmlbNew Britain

Use with Caution

I purchased the Advantage II for my two indoor cats after using Frontline for many years because I thought it might be a better choice. A day after applying it on both my cats my female vomited a few times during the night and by the next day her eyes were swollen and red and her ears were bright crimson red. I immediately took her to the vet. He gave her a cortisone shot and cortisone medication to take for a week. He felt she might have ingested it somehow. The next morning she was notably better. I can not recommend this product after this experience nor will I be purchasing it again.

Beware!!! Cat killer!!!

Bought 6mo. supply of advII large cat (13yo healthy 13lb cat). 1st dose, 2 days later cat acting strange not eating/drinking lethargic. Vet tests inconvlusive $500 hole in pocket. Didn't think anything about flea med causing her behavior. She gets better. 2nd dose a month and 1/2 later. Same symptoms appear, but worse. Added confusion/uncoordination/vomiting. Vet visit again. Conclusion, organ failure due to poisioning. this product, these heartless, and any company selling their product. A call to them will result in their denial and getting hung up on. There's a special place in Hell for these and anyone like em.

Tiarni

TiarniBeerwah Qld

Cat amazing

This is great for my cat enjoy giving it to my cat my cat loves this product would not say a bad thing about this cat product

Danni

Danni

Works alright but fleas work up an immunity after awhile

This actually worked really well for my cat up until a couple of months ago. I live in a unit and two of my neighbors use this also. Seems the fleas have built up an immunity to it though which I expected would happen after awhile. Will definitely go back to using it soon, hopefully by then it will work against our fleas again. Didn't affect my fur baby at all, he doesn't like the smell though as it is quite strong. As for all the negative reviews IT IS POISONOUS! DON'T LET YOUR CAT LICK IT!

Arkacia

ArkaciaQueensland

Works Great

SoftCarpet

SoftCarpetsydney

Dangerous product - my cat became very sick - needed to be hospitalised

My cat became very sick, sapped of life, no appetite, depressed, unable to walk for 3 weeks. Reaction to Moxidetrin.

Left burn mark, bald patch and then infection

Was working fine until one month there was a bald patch and burn like mark. It ended up becoming infected so we took him to the vet. He was given antibiotics. Will try flea collar as comfortis tablets are too big and the whole process is too difficult and protracted getting him to swallow the tablet.

Dontgetakitty

DontgetakittyGippsland

Big cost and not entirely effective

Tried this product to rid us of flea infestation to no avail. Still found large adult fleas after 2-3 days of using drops. These fless showed no signs of slowing or dying and it was only 2-3 days after applying. Obviously doesn't stop reinfestation from pet's environment (and yes we threw out everything before application). Flea collar by seresto was only product to work.

Stopped working

I had high hopes. My house was not infected, just noticed some flea dirt. After putting the application on, i started to see fleas on surfaces, but not quite dead. I thought it was working..but 3 weeks later we still have fleas and they are no longer dying. Just like frontline, this product no longer works. Will be switching to pills instead.

Nik

NikManchester

Very effective

Used frontline for weeks to clear up a bad flea infestation which got worse dad by day. Changed to advantage and fleas are gone. Couldn't recommend this product enough.

LyndaYates

LyndaYatesasked

I have used Advantage on my cats for many years without problems. Last year I did notice that my Turkish Van cat lost some fur on her shoulders but I didn't connect that with using Advantage. But this year this has a big bald red patch directly where I put some on her shoulders and a day or so later a smaller balding area on her head, again where Advantage was applied. So does that mean she needs to be treated with another product now she is sensitive to this? What would you recommend? Being longhaired it is hard to rid her of fleas and she is out a lot so does seem to get them all summer. She doesn't mind being washed as she likes water but does flea rid soap work?

Joy D

Joy Dasked

I accidentally bought the Advantage II for large cats. My cats are just under 9 lbs. will this hurt them?

Steve F.

Steve F.asked

can i let my cat outside after treatment?

Dilley
Dilley

No, the cat must stay in for 10 weeks after treatment, otherwise they will implode forming a black hole that will in-turn end civilisation on Mars...

Get an answer from our members and Bayer representatives