Bayer Advantage for Cats

Bayer Advantage for Cats

Purple (Large Cats), Orange (Small Cats)

Pam M

Pam MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

skin irritation and bald patch...

Used this product a couple of times before I realised it was the reason for a nasty bald weepy patch on my cat's neck where I had applied it. I emailed the manufacturers with my proof of purchase, a photo of my cat's neck, expiry dates on the box and remaining vials and asked for a refund. They admitted that some cats do have a reaction to their product but would not refund my purchase price as I had purchased it through PetFrenzy on ebay. I did point out that where I purchased it did not change the harmful composition of the product and they should accept responsibility, but to no avail. Do not buy this product

Purchased at EBAY - PETFRENZY for A$48.47.

rr33

rr33

Awful skin irritation and fur loss months later

I applied Advantage flea treatment to my large cat. He doesn’t usually need these treatments so it was his first application in about 5 years. Two months later he is still scratching at the application site with scabs and missing fur with the bald patch growing. This stuff is POISON- don’t put it on your animals. I deeply regret it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Direct Vet Supplies for A$30.00.

Side EffectsLong-term illness

Crap does not work

We bought advantageII This crap does not work!!!! used three viles on my cat within a month and guess what he STILL has fleas , since this site won't let me give no stars i have to give it one which it does NOT deserves.......save your money i paid over 50 bucks for mine , buy the cheap pet store brand at least it works

Purchased in July 2020 for A$51.00.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Bayer Advantage for Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

chezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does not work

This product does not work after adhering to the strict instructions to a tee my 17 week kitten has had her 3 treatments of this and she still has fleas, disgusted as this product is not cheap don't use it a waste of money

Purchased in March 2020 at Petbarn Physical store for A$85.00.

chez

Update, just had my kitten desexed and vets said she still had fleas, Advantix when are you going to listen to consumers and not just keep taking there money for something that isn't working?

made my cat very sick

24 hours after treatment cat lathargic, anorexic and diarreah. He has been poorley for a week. I took him to the vet and he had a raised temperature of 1 degree. Vet just gave him an anti inflamatory and said it was just a virus.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$20.00.

Side EffectsShort-term illness
Kirstjewel A.

Kirstjewel A.Southwest, VIC

Did absolutely nothing

I bought this and the one for large dogs. Neither worked!
$180 for nothing. Extremely disappointed as it offered no relief to my pets. Do not recommend at all! Waste of money.

Purchased in February 2020 at Pet Stock for A$180.00.

Seddon1234

Seddon1234

4 week kitten until 14 weeks.

Got kitten at 4 weeks infested with fleas on its face, around neck first treatment lasted 2 weeks due to bathing cat for faeces on fur (kittens cant clean this). Gave 2nd treatment, fleas gone. Forgot treating until 14 weeks old fleas reappear, one caution; not put oil on shoulder they can lick, put deep in fur at the base of the skull.

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist King for A$60.00.

DOES NOT WORK!

I've been using Advantage 2 on both my dog and cats. Yes, it was applied correctly. I have watched the video, it was in the correct spot, directly on the skin. I vacuumed and pulled everything apart (multiple times) to do so, washed all pet bedding and blankets....and sprayed my house. I reapplied every few weeks for a few months. They still had so many fleas! What a waste of money! This is two years in a row I spent hundreds of dollars on Advantage 2, used it over several months, to end up resorting to flea baths and the Zodiak spray (with instant results) that cost about $60. This for all of my animals for the entire season.

Purchased in July 2019.

9 out of 10 cats ended up in emergency hospital....one died from Advantage.

I applied the Advantage to my cats as I have many times before. This time, within hours, several of them were salivating, convulsing and having respiratory difficulties. It resulted in 9 out of 10 of them going to the emergency vet within a 3 hr to 36 hour period. One passed. I have incurred over $8,000 in emergency vet charges and hospital bills due to this. Stay Away!!!!

Side EffectsDeath
Tick & Flea Control Products

Horrible Product, Horrible Bayer Customer Service.

Pet TypeCat

Please be careful with older cats

Side EffectsDeath

Just doesn't get rid of flees

Bought large cat dose, purple type. She's had 2 doses in 5 weeks & still has flees. It simply doesn't work on her.

Purchased in April 2019.

Pet TypeCat

Packets were empty when opened

If $$$$ packet only 2 were full others were empty. I returned it to the vet. They said it’s such a small dosage you probably see it when administered - but I know they were empty.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$72.00.

Pet TypeCat

My heart is broken, I believe this product killed my kitty

Every since I place this product on my cat, my kitty wasn’t the same vomiting , foaming from the mouth seem depress dihrea hiding etc . my vet. Gave him antibiotics and meds for nausea he seem to be fine but then started to get sicker now has passed . Please!!!! EVERYONE be sure of doing your research on these flea products before placing on your baby , bc Im sick to my stomach knowing I’m his care taker / his mum and I thought I was doing the right thing turns out I wasn’t . Now my pooka is gone .

Beware of this product

Amy

AmyGibbsboro

Don't Waste Your Money!

Although my cats had no negative reaction to this product, it doesn't work AT ALL. I bought a few of the 6 pack Advantage for cats over 9 lbs. I've been putting it on them every week and they still have fleas.I am a clean person. I've been vacuuming daily, washing blankets, bedding,and towels constantly, and brushing the cats about every 2-3 days.This product does not work.I'm extremely unhappy because I spent 160$ on it, thinking I'd have about a years supply but I'm almost out. I will not be buying more of this specific product and would suggest you don't waste your money.

Cath 161

Cath 161MORAYFIELD

Gets rid of fleas but has unwanted side effects.

rmlb

rmlbNew Britain

Use with Caution

I purchased the Advantage II for my two indoor cats after using Frontline for many years because I thought it might be a better choice. A day after applying it on both my cats my female vomited a few times during the night and by the next day her eyes were swollen and red and her ears were bright crimson red. I immediately took her to the vet. He gave her a cortisone shot and cortisone medication to take for a week. He felt she might have ingested it somehow. The next morning she was notably better. I can not recommend this product after this experience nor will I be purchasing it again.

Beware!!! Cat killer!!!

Bought 6mo. supply of advII large cat (13yo healthy 13lb cat). 1st dose, 2 days later cat acting strange not eating/drinking lethargic. Vet tests inconvlusive $500 hole in pocket. Didn't think anything about flea med causing her behavior. She gets better. 2nd dose a month and 1/2 later. Same symptoms appear, but worse. Added confusion/uncoordination/vomiting. Vet visit again. Conclusion, organ failure due to poisioning. this product, these heartless, and any company selling their product. A call to them will result in their denial and getting hung up on. There's a special place in Hell for these and anyone like em.

Tiarni

TiarniBeerwah Qld

Cat amazing

This is great for my cat enjoy giving it to my cat my cat loves this product would not say a bad thing about this cat product