Advantage for Cats
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Advantage? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pip
PipSouth Australia

Think Big Pharma Doesn't Apply to Pets? Think Again...

I’ve applied my second monthly treatment to my cat and he still has fleas. IT DOES NOT WORK!

Further to this I’ve just read some of the comments below and am shocked and disgusted that this poison is still on the market and being recommended by vets when it is clearly harming and killing peoples’ beloved pets. I can't believe this pharmaceutical corporation will not even issue a women a REFUND - they should be sued till they're out of business! Think Big Pharma doesn’t apply to pets? Think again.

Purchased in August 2021.

Do Not Use

After using Frontline for years I thought I would have a change. So bought Advantage and after giving it to my cats they became ill, foaming at the mouth and lethargic. I quickly washed off with mild soapy water. Do not give this to your cats it’s toxic.

Purchased in January 2021.

Worst thing I ever did

My cat has today died I put this product for the first time on my cat within hours she was walking and collapsing her breathing became very deep , had a vet visit with her age 15 they said her heart was very bad not the product, but my cat was playing with my little girl fine before I put this on her , I know this caused this

Purchased in January 2021 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $4.00.

Pam M
Pam MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

skin irritation and bald patch...

Used this product a couple of times before I realised it was the reason for a nasty bald weepy patch on my cat's neck where I had applied it. I emailed the manufacturers with my proof of purchase, a photo of my cat's neck, expiry dates on the box and remaining vials and asked for a refund. They admitted that some cats do have a reaction to their product but would not refund my purchase price as I had purchased it through PetFrenzy on ebay. I did point out that where I purchased it did not change the harmful composition of the product and they should accept responsibility, but to no avail. Do not buy this product

Purchased at EBAY - PETFRENZY for $48.47.

rr33
rr33

Awful skin irritation and fur loss months later

I applied Advantage flea treatment to my large cat. He doesn’t usually need these treatments so it was his first application in about 5 years. Two months later he is still scratching at the application site with scabs and missing fur with the bald patch growing. This stuff is POISON- don’t put it on your animals. I deeply regret it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Direct Vet Supplies for $30.00.

Crap does not work

We bought advantageII This crap does not work!!!! used three viles on my cat within a month and guess what he STILL has fleas , since this site won't let me give no stars i have to give it one which it does NOT deserves.......save your money i paid over 50 bucks for mine , buy the cheap pet store brand at least it works

Purchased in July 2020 for $51.00.

chezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does not work

This product does not work after adhering to the strict instructions to a tee my 17 week kitten has had her 3 treatments of this and she still has fleas, disgusted as this product is not cheap don't use it a waste of money

Purchased in March 2020 at Petbarn Physical store for $85.00.

chez

Update, just had my kitten desexed and vets said she still had fleas, Advantix when are you going to listen to consumers and not just keep taking there money for something that isn't working?

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

made my cat very sick

24 hours after treatment cat lathargic, anorexic and diarreah. He has been poorley for a week. I took him to the vet and he had a raised temperature of 1 degree. Vet just gave him an anti inflamatory and said it was just a virus.

Purchased in March 2020 for $20.00.

Kirstjewel A.
Kirstjewel A.Southwest, VIC

Did absolutely nothing

I bought this and the one for large dogs. Neither worked!
$180 for nothing. Extremely disappointed as it offered no relief to my pets. Do not recommend at all! Waste of money.

Purchased in February 2020 at Pet Stock for $180.00.

Seddon1234
Seddon1234

4 week kitten until 14 weeks.

Got kitten at 4 weeks infested with fleas on its face, around neck first treatment lasted 2 weeks due to bathing cat for faeces on fur (kittens cant clean this). Gave 2nd treatment, fleas gone. Forgot treating until 14 weeks old fleas reappear, one caution; not put oil on shoulder they can lick, put deep in fur at the base of the skull.

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist King for $60.00.

DOES NOT WORK!

I've been using Advantage 2 on both my dog and cats. Yes, it was applied correctly. I have watched the video, it was in the correct spot, directly on the skin. I vacuumed and pulled everything apart (multiple times) to do so, washed all pet bedding and blankets....and sprayed my house. I reapplied every few weeks for a few months. They still had so many fleas! What a waste of money! This is two years in a row I spent hundreds of dollars on Advantage 2, used it over several months, to end up resorting to flea baths and the Zodiak spray (with instant results) that cost about $60. This for all of my animals for the entire season.

Purchased in July 2019.

9 out of 10 cats ended up in emergency hospital....one died from Advantage.

I applied the Advantage to my cats as I have many times before. This time, within hours, several of them were salivating, convulsing and having respiratory difficulties. It resulted in 9 out of 10 of them going to the emergency vet within a 3 hr to 36 hour period. One passed. I have incurred over $8,000 in emergency vet charges and hospital bills due to this. Stay Away!!!!

Find out how Advantage for Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Horrible Product, Horrible Bayer Customer Service.

Pet Type Cat

Please be careful with older cats

Side Effects Death

Just doesn't get rid of flees

Bought large cat dose, purple type. She's had 2 doses in 5 weeks & still has flees. It simply doesn't work on her.

Purchased in April 2019.