Bayer Advantage for Dogs
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bayer? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.4

Advantage is useless

One month later and fleas all over the house and dogs plus my dog had diarrhea. Please people this does not work. Please it must be taken off the market.

Purchased in September 2020 at Woofys for $80.00.

mariana corcoran

Many years ago I used Advantage ion all my pets and worked wonders however on the 13
th January 2020 I used it on all my 4 babies and st Bernard and two e two weeks later still fleas. Very disappointed . What is the reason for that
Mariana Coprcoran sorry should be Corcoran

Purchased in January 2020.

mariana
mariana

proof of purcdhase attach

christine
christineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Never again

Purchased in December 2019.

Side Effects Short-term illness

Terrible..do not recommend.

We put on as directed about 2 hours later, our dog shiztu bichon became agitated, running, rolling, panting, scratching, crying and no appetite drinks when water is put in front of him, this is now 3 full days he hasn’t stopped . We took him back to the vet and he was give allergy medication and he’s had 4 pills and no relief.
I highly do not recommend this product.

Purchased in August 2019 at City vet.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Bayer Advantage for Dogs compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Do not buy!

Went to vet paid alot of $$ for the flea product. 5 months into treatment this is what my dog's stomach looks like. The last 3 weeks I sit beside her and I constantly coma with a sleek home I'm still taking off life fleas off her body at the bath after colors after advantage 2 I called bear they told me to go back to the vet and get more product the same product and get some for my cats and no offer of replacing it for free or anything like that this is a terrible product my dog is so infested she has blisters all over his stomach I'm so disappointed it's heartbreaking.

Purchased in February 2019 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $85.00.

Cristine
CristineSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is horrible hi

Applied to two of my dogs. One got some relief for two weeks, the other scratched continually, red skin, allergic reaction. Cats were just as bad. Do not buy it at all

Purchased in November 2018.

AJacko
AJackoPerth, WA

Irritated my dogs skin

Do not buy this!

My poor 6month old pup was irritated by this all afternoon, was acting so strange and he was so uncomfortable, we had to wash him and we will again on the morning.

My vet friend said she never recommends this and it can be very irritable for your pets skin. I feel terrible our poor pup was in pain and irritated by this all afternoon!

They shouldn’t be selling it if it does this to lots of pets.

Purchased in February 2019.

Side Effects Short-term illness
Maccer
MaccerBanksmeadow

Recent Purchase at My Pet Warehouse

I recently purchased this product for my two dogs. This product does not work and was very disappointing with no effect to either dog. I highly recommend that you do not waste your money.

Milena
Milena

Bayer products

I have tried the flea collar and the spot on ointment on my small dog. They didn't work, Bayer products are a waste of money!

Waste of money!

Would never buy this product again. Never had an issue with advocate or activyl. Less than 3 weeks of using this, my dog scratched his skin red raw and I had to remove 3 fleas. I was advised I didn't need to wait 4 weeks to use another pipette (in fact apparently I could use weekly!!!!). After using another pipette last Sunday, we are now on Friday I have today removed another 2 fleas and he has been scratching all week. Terrible product!

My dog suffered a chemical burn

I have a 12 year old husky and have always used either frontline or advantage. This time I used advantage. After five days we noticed a nasty spot right where I applied the medicine. Her thick fur covered it. We put her in the tub to rinse it and her hair began to fall out. It was a mass of stinky green gunk. I will never ever use a topical on any of my animals.

Brooke
BrookeSacramento

Pretty good

We have been using this for yrs. it has always worked even the one time he did have fleas. I used it on my border collie dog it’s easy to use but my dog hates it. And always tried to get away. There has been no side effects. I was told by the vet tho that the fleas are immune to it now tho.

This failed

The vet applied Advantage to my new puppy within days of her coming home and the fleas not only persisted, but multiplied in number. This product failed completely, despite a very experienced vet applying it according to directions.

Tania
TaniaMelbourne

Doesn't work

This product does not work I have used it several times & my dogs still have fleas I had followed instructions & bathed them in flea shampoo 2 days before & sprayed their kennels & put brand new bedding in & they still got fleas

Jojo
JojoAustralia

Manufacturer merged with Monsanto

The manufacturer of this product Bayer has recently merged with Monsanto. I will avoid all products by Bayer from now on. Some other products by Bayer are Advantix, Advocate, Drontal, Kiltix, Seresto and Vetadine but there are more.

Sandi
Sandiasked
Advantage for Dogs

Do I need something for worming while using Advantage?
Sandi230254@ gmail.com

Chele
Cheleasked
Advantage for Dogs

Does this product protect dogs from ticks?

Lee
Lee

Hi Chele, not as far as I know, it's just a flea treatment I believe.

lorraine
lorraine

Its advertised as a flea treatment which i didnt even find it was succesful at doing.

PamBasked
Advantage for Dogs

I used Advantage flea control last night & the fleas are still running around on my dog this morning, can you tell me how long it should take to kill the fleas.?Thanks

Ian J.
Ian J.

In my review, I said ADVANTAGE never did work.
The only one to actually work was COMFORTIS.
Hope this helps.

PamB

Thanks for your reply, she is still scratching a bit but I think it is working, can't see any on her tummy. I don't really think I would like to use Comfortis, if I don't have too, I once gave my last dog tablets for fleas & he developed stomach cancer, not saying it was the tablets but it has made me a bit weary. Thanks for your reply.

Sandra
Sandra

I was using advantage and my dog was riddled with fleas I took her to the vet and he said they can become immune to advantage! I am so annoyed because it is so expensive and it's no good to me now as I always brought it 6 monthly!! My vet gave her another flea killer and said they should drop off at the end of the night which they did but she had to get a shot of cortisone for the pain she was in!! Hope this helps

See all Bayer Advantage for Dogs questions

Bayer Advantage for Dogs

Compare all 4 Bayer Advantage for Dogs
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeTopicalTopicalTopicalTopical