Bayer Advantix for Dogs
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bayer? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

John
JohnMid North Coast, NSW

Misleading tube dispecers.

The tubes are 1mm, unlike other tubes on the market for a 4kg dog only need 0.4mm. Tubes are deceptive to use on small dogs. Seriously bad reaction to dose

Purchased in June 2021 at Budget Pet Products for $70.29.

Not working

2 weeks after I applied this product to my dog the correct way, there are big fat attached healthy ticks on my dog. Product not working Dont get why. My vet said it was one of the best treatments available.

Purchased in April 2021 for $70.00.

No product in the tubes

Tubes should contain 4 mL of medicine,most only contain 1 mL. I bought 12 tubes and all are the same. I used a syringe to remove product from tube. It takes 4 tubes to get the correct dose for an extra large dog.

Purchased in July 2020.

Sal M
Sal MHalifax Nova Scotia Canada

Is not 100% effective. I found a tick on my dog that was engorged.

I have been using Advantix 2 for years on my dog. Recently I found a tick on my dog that was engorged. We are in an area where there are Lyme carrying ticks so I am really concerned. I thought it was suppose to be 100% effective. Now I have to wait 5 to7 weeks to see if she shows signs of having Lyme disease. I can't believe this is happening.

Side Effects None
Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Bayer Advantix for Dogs compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Doesn’t help at all against ticks

I bought Advantix especially to protect my dog from ticks as we are in high tick season and she had so many lately.
My dog has 23.3 kg, so is fully in the range for medium dogs (10 kg-25 kg).
I applied it properly in the neck and along the spine. That was 4 days ago. She didn’t have a bath or a swim meanwhile.
My dog is still full of happy, alive, fat ticks. I found 4 ticks alone today, 2 of them fat like a fingernail, so they had a really good meal. The effect of Advantix on ticks is zero!
I can’t talk about flees, my dog doesn’t have them, but against ticks Advantix is a waste of money.

Purchased in May 2020.

Vicki
VickiSydney Surrounds, NSW

Remains oily with lots of residue for days

I have given the amp a good shake before applying and each time I have applied this product it remains oily and tends to run a fair way which I understand is the carier but the residue like dandruff is awful.This continues for more than 2 days.

Poison

My happy and healthy 20 lbs 8 y.o. Havanese have never had issues with any preventative meds until I put this poison on him. Three day later, he is still having seizures, respiratory issues, fever, and depression. In the past three days, we spent one night in the emergency room and today at his regular vet. Stay away from Bayer, Merck, and other merchants of death, and buy a good tick collar or chewable alternative instead. And if they ever tell you it is harmless to apply carcinogenic neurotoxins, ask them to demonstrate that point by applying them on their children first.

Purchased in December 2019.

Product kept fleas away in past. Previously dog was not as energetic after applications but survived.

Purchased in March 2019 for $69.00.

Roberta K.
Roberta K.

Killed my toy poodle

My dog had a seizure and died
First seizure ever
My dog was 2 yrs old died in my arms
The medication was prescribed by the veterinarian and applied as directed
The next few days my dog was lethargic but eating then one big seizure some trembling like feeling cold.no warnings or education from vet clinic
Shame on you

Purchased in September 2019 for $22.00.

Side Effects Death
Pet Type Dog

mrbmd05
mrbmd05Sydney, NSW

Great product and works perfect for my Bulldog

Great product and works perfect for my Bulldog.
I don't understand why this product has bad reviews.
My Bulldog got attacked by flies on his ears and nothing worked but this product!
I used sprays and creams on his ears and this is the only product that keeps the flies away!

Purchased in August 2019 at Petbarn Physical store for $80.00.

Kills fleas, ticks, and dogs

I never leave reviews, but I hope to save someone the heartache of missing their best friend. My dog is well within the weight limit (6 month cane corso) and has never had health issues. Very healthy puppy. After applying this she could not eat, drink, barely breathe, or move. I had to carry her just to pee. Defecated herself because she's unable to move. I called the 1800 and was told to bathe her and take her to a vet. Thanks no thanks! Please find something else to give to your dog

Purchased in June 2019.

Shih T'zu having a horrible reaction.

I bought Advantix on Friday and administered it on my 11 year old Shih T'zu. Throughout the evening and night he was digging at his backside and very itchy, rolling over trying to scratch uncontrollably. He is also twitching and jumps up from his sleep and can't seem to settle. This has been day 3 and the same thing this morning, very itchy, biting at his backside and very jerky. I called the vet and was told to watch him. I would never use this product again and I hope this settles down very soon. We have used other products with no problems.

Purchased in May 2019.

Woody H.
Woody H.Sydney, NSW

Shih T'zus BEWARE.

Put this crap on my poor wee Shih T'zu. Took him for a walk less than an hour later. After 5 minutes he sat down which he Never does on a walk. Coaxed him back up for 100 ft + he did the same thing. 3rd time he lay right down + wouldn't get up. I had to carry him home. He was very lethargic. I bathed + scrubbed him well + rinsed with lots of water. Now he is suffering tremors. Most reports I have read that state these symptoms all mention Shih T'zus. Willy's symptoms are: lethargy, weakness in back legs, full body tremors. Hopefully he will eat + drink tomoro.

Purchased in May 2019 at Veterinarian for $25.00.

John K
John KSydney, NSW

Disappointing: worked for less than 2 weeks.

I applied as directed and did not bathe my crossbreed dog (to avoid reducing its effectiveness) but after 13 days she had a lot of fleas. Will not be buying again.

Purchased in February 2019.

proagent89
proagent89South East Queensland, QLD

Great product been using it for 9 years

I been using it for 9 years on my border collie it worked really well. Never have I problem with it. No reaction to treatment flea die in second I think it kill one tick I saw on him that good to know that work.

Purchased in January 2010 for $60.00.

Ricky
Rickyasked
Advantix for Dogs

Hi, Help please, my dog (StaffyX 7yrs) is currently getting steroids (Prednisolone) as well as antibiotics (Cephalexin) for her excessive scratching/hotspots and is also currently on heat. Her monthly Advantix treatment would be due now. Can I safely give it to her or would that be an overload on medication? Thanks in advance

Martina G.
Martina G.asked
Advantix for Dogs

What happens when a dog takes advantix and is currently on medication?

Stephen
Stephenasked
Advantix for Dogs

Is it safe to use out of date advantix.

Sam F.

Should be fine as long as its not too out of date (less than 12 mos out of date). The expiry usually has a bit of lee way

Sam F.

And it will be safe to use - the worry is wether it will still be effective. If the box was stored in a cool place thats even better but if in direct sunlight not as good and you may not want to push the expiry to much

Zed49
Zed49

Stephen This product isnt very safe to use while it is in date, I certainly would NOT use it out of date.

See all Bayer Advantix for Dogs questions

Bayer Advantix for Dogs

Compare all 4 Bayer Advantix for Dogs
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeTopicalTopicalTopicalTopical