See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Killed my toy poodle

My dog had a seizure and died
First seizure ever
My dog was 2 yrs old died in my arms
The medication was prescribed by the veterinarian and applied as directed
The next few days my dog was lethargic but eating then one big seizure some trembling like feeling cold.no warnings or education from vet clinic
Shame on you

Purchased in September 2019 for $22.00.

Side Effects Death

mrbmd05

mrbmd05Sydney, NSW

Great product and works perfect for my Bulldog

Great product and works perfect for my Bulldog.
I don't understand why this product has bad reviews.
My Bulldog got attacked by flies on his ears and nothing worked but this product!
I used sprays and creams on his ears and this is the only product that keeps the flies away!

Purchased in August 2019 at PetBarn Physical store for $80.00.

Pet TypeDog

Kills fleas, ticks, and dogs

I never leave reviews, but I hope to save someone the heartache of missing their best friend. My dog is well within the weight limit (6 month cane corso) and has never had health issues. Very healthy puppy. After applying this she could not eat, drink, barely breathe, or move. I had to carry her just to pee. Defecated herself because she's unable to move. I called the 1800 and was told to bathe her and take her to a vet. Thanks no thanks! Please find something else to give to your dog

Purchased in June 2019.

Side Effects Death
Pet TypeDog

Shih T'zu having a horrible reaction.

I bought Advantix on Friday and administered it on my 11 year old Shih T'zu. Throughout the evening and night he was digging at his backside and very itchy, rolling over trying to scratch uncontrollably. He is also twitching and jumps up from his sleep and can't seem to settle. This has been day 3 and the same thing this morning, very itchy, biting at his backside and very jerky. I called the vet and was told to watch him. I would never use this product again and I hope this settles down very soon. We have used other products with no problems.

Purchased in May 2019.

Woody H.

Woody H.Sydney, NSW

Shih T'zus BEWARE.

Put this crap on my poor wee Shih T'zu. Took him for a walk less than an hour later. After 5 minutes he sat down which he Never does on a walk. Coaxed him back up for 100 ft + he did the same thing. 3rd time he lay right down + wouldn't get up. I had to carry him home. He was very lethargic. I bathed + scrubbed him well + rinsed with lots of water. Now he is suffering tremors. Most reports I have read that state these symptoms all mention Shih T'zus. Willy's symptoms are: lethargy, weakness in back legs, full body tremors. Hopefully he will eat + drink tomoro.

Purchased in May 2019 at Veterinarian for $25.00.

Side Effects Short-term illness

John K

John KSydney, NSW

Disappointing: worked for less than 2 weeks.

I applied as directed and did not bathe my crossbreed dog (to avoid reducing its effectiveness) but after 13 days she had a lot of fleas. Will not be buying again.

Purchased in February 2019.

Matthew P.

Matthew P.South East Queensland, QLD

Great product been using it for 9 years

I been using it for 9 years on my border collie it worked really well. Never have I problem with it. No reaction to treatment flea die in second I think it kill one tick I saw on him that good to know that work.

Purchased in January 2010 for $60.00.

Tony

TonyBedford Hills

My Dog Had a Toxic Reaction

We purchased the product on a recommendation from the people at our Local Petco Store. The product is very expensive and made our dog sick. After a $90 Vet visit he told us this product should not be sold. In essence it created a Toxic reaction in our dog. We now have to wait and see if the condition worsens or may get better. The Vet said we will not know for another 48 hours. Heartbreaking to see how our dog is reacting to this poison. I would not recommend this to anyone.... I cant even find a way to reach someone at the company. All you get is an outside Vet line. I do't want a Vet line. I want to speak to the manufacturer. So I am out of pocket $140.00 for Product and visit to the Vet and have nothing but a sick dog.

Mariaan

MariaanMilwaukee

Only repeled insects to face and into ear!

Casandra s

Casandra sHobart, TAS

Dangerous product

My dog had a severe reaction
skin red itchy and hot only used one 4-10 kg pipet on mastiff x Rottweiler so not even full dosage

David Y.

David Y.Taunton

Beloved princess

I have been using Advantix for over the past 4 years with much success. It worked well for the past 4 year's. It wasn't until this year where my beloved pet princess contracted Lyme disease it was uncurable I had to put her down. My heart is broken I applied this medication Faithfully every month. Did not work for fleas or ticks buyer beware

Seizure

My 2 year old shihtzu male rubbed himself all over everything and suffered a seizure within half an hour of applying this product.

Em L

Em LGeelong

Very happy with the results, most effective flea killer I've seen!

I have a healthy bull arab dog of 3 years whom was flea riddled, nothing I did was helping. Decided to try this and it worked wonders, I'm certain it was 100% effective in about 6 hours and I've monitored her for the two days following use, there appears to be no side effects and her fur is still just as soft as ever.
Very easy to use, and I have recommended to both friends and family.

Michelle

MichelleSydney

2 years no fleas

I chose Advantix because it also repels flys and insects, I have been using Advantix on my Labrador the past 2 years he has had no fleas or ticks will continue to use very happy customer.

Useless Flea Med! Useless Customer Service!

Changed to this 4 months ago because of the "Repel" feature. Gave last treatment on 7-31, had VERY ACTIVE fleas on him on the week of 8-10!! My dog was chewing himself up. Thought it was an allergic reaction to the grass at first, didn't think it was fleas the first few days since it had only been 1 1/2 weeks since his 4th application.
Called customer service. Blamed it on everything but the product. (of course)
Very disappointed ~~ $125.00 down the drain!
Back to using Frontline Plus.

Useless for fleas

This product is easy to apply on my sprocker. The vet prescribed this instead of the previous product as she kept getting ticks on her. Fair enough, she hasn't had any more ticks, but she is still crawling with fleas even after a second month of application. I have bought a flea spray for the home, including her bedding and thoroughly vacuum the area. We also bought a flea comb. We have never had such a problem with our previous dogs and once worst of the tick season is over I shall not be buying this product again. I would have rated this product as terrible but for the fact that it does seem to have dealt with the ticks.

Still have fleas

I bought a 6 pack box for my Maltese because I did my research and was pleased to know we wouldn't have to worry, boy was I wrong my poor little guy has had fleas the last 2 months very disappointed, won't be buying this again ... The season isn't even over and I have to buy another brand and spend more money i don't have..

judy

judyDerbyshire, UK

used this returning from France.My young dog vomited for 6 hours. 2 weeks kater hair loss where the

for dog as legal requirement
no fleas or ticks prior or after
easy to admimister side effects icluded severe vomiting and hair loss

This product does not work don't waste your money.

I have been using this product on all 5 of my dogs it does not work waste of money. Your company should not be allowed to claim it kills and prevents fleas it does not! My little dog has as many fleas as she did before I used this junk. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

BiggD

BiggDScranton

Almost killed my dog!!

My dog almost died the other day from Advantix I don't know why I have used Advantix through the years but this time it was horrible.