Bayer Advocate

2.5

Madison C.

Madison C.Perth, WA

Don't buy this product if you love your pet.

Purchased in August 2020 at PetCity for A$69.00.

Very bad reaction

Literally as we applied this treatment our 15 week old puppy cross (Jack Russell and Daschund) became VERY distressed. He started running round the house throwing himself onto his back and wouldn't let anyone touch him. We noticed lumps appearing on his face and head and his eyes started closing over.
Our 3 children also became very distressed at the sight of what was happening to our puppy and it was very worrying. We called the vets who advised to give him piriton and this seems to have reduced all the swelling and he us now very lethargic, but this could be a result of the piriton. Will definitely not be giving this to Dougie again and would definitely not recommend this on the experience we have just gone through.

Purchased in August 2020.

Bad Reaction

My small 15 year old Chihuahua was given a dose today and got extremely agitated. Running in circles and rubbing into the carpet. She is wheezing now and her heart rate is high.
This is a very risky product. Won’t be using again.

Purchased in March 2020.

Eviethecat

EviethecatTasmania

Works well

I was very wary of using this on my cat because of the negative reviews and illness/death associated with this product. We have used this on our 2.5 year old cat twice now and it is the only treatment that has been effective- no other flea powders/tablets could treat her bad case of fleas. No adverse reaction after first use. This time she seems a bit quieter but still eating and drinking as usual. We were very careful with the placement on the back of her neck to make sure she couldn’t reach and lick the area and kept her inside for a few hours after use to monitor her. Would definitely recommend this product but we will only do the treatment on a day that we can stay at home and watch her.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$60.00.

Elizabeth

ElizabethSouthwest, VIC

Toxic Reaction

Purchased in March 2020 at PetStock for A$115.00.

Kim F

Kim F

Great for controlling fleas and worms

Gave this to my dog, had to reaction to it. Great product we use monthly to control fleas and worms for our beloved Husky. I highly recommend this product. Thankyou.

Purchased in March 2020 at PetStock for A$127.99.

bendytoy

bendytoyTasmania

My dog is dying

Gave my blue heeler a 10 kg spot treatment ( she's 20 kg) , ytday, but this morning I found her drooling, lethargic, not drinking not eating, staggering around, , it's evening now an she is cold, an passing over the rainbow bridge, 15 yrs never used anything , 1 dose an she's dying, we are heartbroken.

Purchased in April 2020 at Petbarn.

Side Effects Death
Sarah M.

Sarah M.Perth, WA

Made my dog very unhappy and strange

My dog immediately became very unsettled, starting panting, kept going outside, kept asking to go out to the front yard, couldn't get settled, tail was down and I've never seen him look so unhappy and he was also disorientated and seemed untrusting. I checked on him at 2.30am and he was hiding behind a cross trainer panting.do not recommend!!!

kristy c.

kristy c.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Almost instant severe allergic reaction

My dog suffered a severe allergic reaction after I applied the topical treatment Advocate tonight. He is a 16 month old Jack Russell, 9 kg. We went straight back to the vet where we bought the product, as soon as he started showing signs of discomfort and they administered two antihistamine injections. He is eating and drinking normally and seems to be better now, but it was incredibly frightening. It looked as though his skin was actually crawling and he was rubbing his face on all surfaces, the vet also said his temperature was quite high. Bayer definitely need to update their paperwork to warn users of these symptoms with this product. I will be sure to let them know!

Purchased in March 2020 for A$80.00.

nelson321

nelson321Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Severe allergic reaction to Advocate for Dogs, 4-10 Kilos, Fleas, Heartworm and Worm Medication

I administered this product topically, as per instructions, to my 13 month old Jack Russell, that weighs 6.3 kilos, late Sunday evening (1/3/2020). A trip to the vet and 3 days later she is still unwell. She developed tremors, lacked co ordination, did not eat or drink and was completely lethargic and listless for two days. She also had diarrhoea yesterday. Clearly this product has affected my dog's nervous system. She is starting to recover but I will never use this product again. I have reported this to the company Bayer and their response has been one of great concern. This product must carry clear warnings, of potential side effects and what to do in the event of an allergic reaction, on its packaging. At the moment it does not.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$84.99.

Side Effects Long-term illness
ShoppingBlows

ShoppingBlowsIllawarra, NSW

Protection for fleas, ticks and some worms - but the cat hates it!

Purchased in March 2020 at Budget Pet Products Online store for A$36.84.

Liz

Liz

I was sceptical but my kitten didn't react

I had bought this product for my very young kitten. I was sceptical because of the reviews and was worried that my kitten would react but when I gave it to her at 9.5 weeks she didn't react. She was fine with the treatment. I used it as directed and placed it on the back of her neck and then didn't touch the area. I'd use the product again. Every cat is different. A friend's cat used to react to it so not all cats are going to like it but my new kitten was okay with it.

Purchased in January 2020 at Catch.

Marnie Smith

Marnie SmithIllawarra, NSW

It works, but my cat becomes very ill after use.

Purchased in January 2019 at Budget Pet Products for A$99.00.

Georgia G.

Georgia G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poison killed my beloved cat

Purchased in January 2020 for A$60.00.

Side Effects Death
brombo

bromboDaylesford

Great for ear mite

My cat had ear mite big time. He was scratching, twitching his ears and sneezing. I have him a dose of advocate before taking him to the vet just to give it a try. Lo and behold, within minutes the symptoms began to desist and an hour later he was back to normal.
He showed no signs of nausea as some others have reported.

Purchased in June 2019.

Roxy

RoxyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worked straight away

We had no luck with other products, so we tried Advocate after hearing good reviews. Our cats stopped scratching within 20 minutes, I'd definitely recommend this. Look after your pets well!

Purchased in January 2020.

Paris P.

Paris P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Been using this on my cats for a year now.

I apply the treatment every month as advised on the back of the neck on my two indoor/outdoor cats and I have never seen a flea or any of them scratch. Taking one star off because the smell is very strong and my cats get annoyed for a few hours after application because of it. Apart from that, it's a great flea and multi worm treatment.

Purchased in October 2018 at Pet Circle for A$60.00.

Pet TypeCat

Works great. Wouldn't use anything else with my girl.

My Cody, a husky, has been using this for years and it takes care of everything. She never had fleas, ticks, or any other problem bug or worm. Great product.

Purchased in January 2013 for A$90.00.

This is bad

My 12-year-old Mickey, whose weight is 5-6 kg, has been sleeping for 2 days in a row without sleeping. I will never use the second or third tube for him. NEVER!

Purchased in October 2019 for A$40.00.

Eevon

EevonNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Never going to use this anymore!

Applied on shoulder blades of my papillon puppy and it is hurting his skin!
Hes scratching, trying to rub off the poison on the couch, running around non stop trying to get it off and cant sit still as his skin hurts!
He also had diarrhea, not sure if its related to this treatment.

Purchased in May 2019 for A$70.00.