AIA Australia Total and Permanent Disablement

AIA Australia Total and Permanent Disablement

1.2

I hate you AIA insurance

I lodged my claim 12 months ago and keep getting the same old answers from them. Oh we need more information. I've seen all relevant drs and psychologists. Have all reports to them several times. Oh we need more information. Even my drs etc are sick of them to the point where they have said to me look we have given them all the information .And we are sick of them. I'm to the point of CRACKING and go and see them personally because they have ruined me Mentally and Financially. I hate you AIA insurance you grubs.

Ren S.

Ren S.Sydney, NSW

On the Brink of ...

Alfred

AlfredSouth East Queensland, QLD

Aia is a joke

Tried applying for insurance as they are Hesta's "preferred" insurance provider. I work as an Emergency Department nurse in Australia's frontline fighting covid and was declined due to having a high BMI. AVOID.

Insurance

Find out how AIA Australia Total and Permanent Disablement compares to other Insurance

RAC

RACPerth, WA

Devastating consequences of trusting this company.

Cannot agree more with all the bad reviews. AIA deliberately drag out claims process to financially cripple people. If you are insured with them get out before you possibly have to make a claim. Their first priority is to deny claims. They will use anything little thing you possibly forgot to disclose, even unrelated to current condition to deny claim.
They have devastated me and my family.

Catherine

CatherineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst ever experience with an insurance company

It took me five months to get my husband's claim. So many emails and phone calls. Only when I threatened to go to the ombudsmen did a manager ring me and sort out my husband's claim. Case manager never contacted us. It was cancelled out of the blue again today leaving without money. I rang last week and updated my husband's condition but when I rang today there was no record of it. I had to submit his original claim 4 times. I'm over being treated like crap. My husband paid his insurance and is entitled to it now he is sick. Shame on Hesta for using such a bad company. I'm ringing Apra tomorrow. Enough is enough.

KristineQueensland

Baddest of the baddest

Kristine

lol so finally you guys are answering now after ignoring my solicitor’s letter several times then telling us last minute of the changes with assessor and delaying to respond to it?

Thankful

Very bad company

I claimed income protection and permanent disability three months ago at first it was going fast then after three weeks heard from nobody since .I call and they say someone will call you they never have two months later ! Then I receive a letter more paper work really I have sent everything meanwhile I am going broke and will have no where to live have been with rest for 28 years.I stressed and now sicker because of stress shame on these people now rest have changed insurers makes me wonder why .

leisa masonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Oh my....disgusting. Worst service....EVER!

Insurance

Chris

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incompetent liars is the first thing that comes to mind.

One email address that is unmanaged known as the black hole. Constantly making excuses for delays they are responsible for. Take no responsibility for their delays. Terrible at recording information on calls. Constantly going around in circles, having to repeat myself constantly. No sensitivity to my mental health issues and have been lied to on several occasions. I get better service from centrelink

Sandra Jones

Sandra JonesAU

Absolutely useless company

I’ve been with them for years, recently they took money in advance out of my super for insurance payments for 1 whole year! Customer Service is hopeless and so are their advisers. I have an adviser and they can’t even fix the issues. Once I get my money returned I’m outskis. Do not waste your money with this company they are totally incapable.

AIA A.AIA Australia

TPD be dead before you get it

Provided 2000 pages of medical information, scans, blood test results, photos., three months ago. Have been told they are waiting on two doctors reports. I haven’t seen one of them in over three years.
There is no more information to get. In the mean time medical treatment is beyond my financial means.
I will never take out another policy with this company nor will I recommend it to anyone else.

Insurance claim madeYes

Cancelled Policy still attracts unauthorised debits

Canx my TPD cover only to discover AIA and their Advisers debut my accounts and then refuse to reverse the error. Been nearly a Month of excuses and approvals and escalations but still no refund! Don’t go near this outfit!!!

Insurance claim madeNo

Rhys

Rhysasked

Total and Permanent Disablement

Reading all these comments, it's horrific when your waiting on a tpd insurance claim to get approved or rejected, I have supplied all the documents they requested, it's been over the allowed time for them to give me a decision, it's been under review , under review now it's been assessed by their chief medical officer zoran, I think they are going to keep reviewing it until I've killed my self, I can't believe my lack of common decency these people have, I'll say one thing, if I have to pay a lawyer to get what I'm entitled entitled to, I'm gonna spend the rest of my disabled life making sure webpages like this are not the ones I find 7 months after I lodged my claim, I've been researching tpd claims etc and my underwriter and it's only now I've found what I've dreaded... actual legitimate customer reviews, talk about kicking people when they are down...

I'm so sad.and overwhelmed of the phone call to finally comes and here what excuse they use to invalidate my life, trade qualification, career, health and insurance policy, oh my god what will I do

brett H.
brett H.

Sorry to hear your story.
I don’t have TPD with AIA. iselect convinced me that being paid income protection until I’m 65 (policy anniversary, not actual birthday, but only a few months in it) was just as good.
Do you have your policy through superannuation? If so, when did you begin the super? My super is from 1994, and the TPD definitions are certainly tougher now.
Do you have terminal illness benefit? I have that with AIA, but they refused to talk with my wife when I was terminally ill in a coma (surgeon and specialist both have put this in writing).
Have you gone through AFCA? It’s a free service. You can look up past case decisions online. Look carefully at your relevant TPD definitions in the correct product disclosure statement. The older definitions are easier to meet.
I really hope it all works out for you.

Hi Rhys,

We've sent you a private message to get more information from you, that way we can pass the feedback on to our team.

Kindest,
Phoebe - AIA Australia

sunshines
sunshines

Hi Rhys, go straight to AFCA. They will look after for you. Their number is 1800 931 678. You can tell them about the stress that AIA are causing you so that you can remove yourself a bit and concentrate on your health. I hope it all goes well.

Get an answer from our members and AIA Australia representatives