Amazon Prime Video

Amazon Prime Video

Never worked and they steal money

I signed up for a free 30 day trial to get free postage on an item which was ok. I thought I'd try amazon prime on my apple tv to see if it is worth keeping. I couldn't get it to log in at all, I finally logged in to my account on the amazon website and it said I was not a prime mameber - explains why I couldn't log in. This also meant I couldn't cancel my prime membership because well... I wasn't a member. After the 30 days they have charged my credit card for $6.99 for a prime membership. I thought this was odd because last I checked I wasn't an amazon prime member so I rang them. They said that I was a prime member on there system and I said the web portal says I'm not a member and I can't access any Amazon prime features, he gave me a scripted apology and said my membership (membership I never really had) has now been cancelled and they will take up to 10 business days to refund the money they took from my account with no authorisation. I pointed out that if my account when I logged in said I was a member I would have cancelled it during the trial period but I couldn't cancel it cause it said I wasn't a member. This is what I would consider a totally unauthorised transaction from my account.

Feels like they are not even trying...

Amazon prime works fine for me but after using all the streaming services that have been around in Australia in the past few years I have to say that Amazon prime really could do a better job.

here are some impressions:
* fonts / pics too small on my tv, search pics/fonts much bigger and easy to read
* only 3 devices are allowed and you have to enter code on website to activate each
* subtitle default is dutch for some reason
* if you turn on subtitles for foreign anime, for example, it will be on for everything
* ADS, YES ADS to other movies on prime before program starts
* you have to click a button on the website to get a reminder before your next billing period? jeff bestos must be running out of money or something...
* no multiple users
* lots more little things

Too many little things that a company of this size should not do. If a developer can make a better product working from their bedroom, why should this company be unable to better that?

In conclusion, I will probably use about 3 months of subscription to watch some anime / sci-fi. My Netflix subscription is still going after all these years... I like to support someone who is trying...

Don’t touch Amazon Prime...cannot cancel membership

Signed up for free trial and cancelled before the month was up but have been charged for 3 months now. I had a block put on the card I used to sign up with and when they couldn’t charge that card they obviously went back and found a card I had used 12 months previously for another purchase and they then started charging that card. Have again had to cancel that card. They are impossible to contact and I even have a copy of the confirmation of my cancellation. They’re scammers.....stay well away from!

Geographical restrictions on all movies

All movies I try and watch says I can't watch due to Geo restrictions. See screenshot. Viewing tv shows not an issue. Not that I want to see Baywatch but come on Amazon, the movie has been out for a while now. Cancelling my subscription.

Pay for account and can’t wven access!

I paid for the prime membership, website claims can watch instantly! Been 2 hours and it still doesn’t work? Payment has been taken and I don’t get the product!

Poor Content

Have had Amazon Prime now for 2 months and we have to say that we really wanted to like this as the pricing seemed ok. But we have just cancelled because the range/quantity is just not there. Furthermore, like others we found that the overall quality of programs is sub-par. A lot of shows that we wouldn't watch even on free to air.

Really needs a boost

I really want to like this app but it seriously needs more interesting shows. It's got some good oldies but not enough and some good shows but again, not enough. I'll give a few more months and then I'll see whether I should keep it or not.
I think to keep things fair this rubbish fee that's charged because it's American should be abolished. Australia now has Amazon and I think getting small fees here and there only profits them more. Kinda seems greedy don't you think?

Also, I wouldn't raise the price; still not worth it.

Extremely misleading.

After searching for a TV series I am interested in watching, Amazon Prime Video claimed they had the title and I could watch if I became a member or started a free trial. After I signed in, the title was unavailable.
Very disappointed I lost a free trial for nothing.

Dont sign up for this lying bullshitting company 0 stars

I wanted to watch the latest season of American Horror Story. So i done a search online to try and find which avenue to find the season. It came up saying i could watch all the seasons on Prime tv. So i decided to join up. As soon as i joined up and logged into the primetv website, there was not even a single series of AHS which is what i joined up for and was clearly mislead to believe. I cant even work out how to cancel my membership. It isn't normally this hard to do. I might have to go into the bank to do that. What a joke! I'm so dissapointed that this company would go so low to run a business like this. Straight up lying and dishonerable. Shame on you. I would have given no stars if that was an option

A nice extra with Amazon Prime membership, but not worth it as a standalone video service

I regularly buy books from Amazon. Until recently, I only bought books from the Amazon US store. However, the Amazon Australia store is much better now, and so I got an Amazon Prime membership to save on postage costs. At $4.99 per month, I feel the Amazon Prime membership pays for itself many times over in the money I save.

Note that an Amazon (Australia) Prime membership is on sale until next year, at which point the $4.99 goes up to $7 or $8 a month.

Now, for the Amazon Prime Video part - I feel that if you are joining just for Prime Video, it probably isn't worth it. Mind you, it still is a lot cheaper than most other streaming services, but then there isn't a whole lot of content, nor many latest releases. I did find a few Amazon Prime Originals that I liked, including the series "Homecoming", but I feel that Netflix offers a lot more, even if it is more expensive per month.

Should you join? If you are just looking for a streaming service, then probably not. But if you don't mind more "off-the-beaten-track" type movies and original shows, then maybe give Amazon Prime Video a look. If, on the other hand, you are like me, and you sign up to Amazon Prime for the savings in postage when buying from Amazon Australia, then Prime Video is a bonus, and definitely worth it. There are other benefits of an Amazon Prime membership as well.

Amazon prime do not join - too hard to cancel membership

I think it is unethical that is so easy to join and so difficult to find out how to cancel your membership. I tried previously and thought i mustn't be a member then was billed again so hard to look harder to cancel. Think twice before joining.

Ok for me

I have been on 1 month trial and stayed on as it is the cheapest and I always can find something to watch there. I tried Netflix before and got tired looking for something to watch. Admittedly, their app is not working as well as Netflix. Also it does not work with Chromecast, so I have to play the video on my PC and remotely control my PC from my smartphone to be able to watch it on my non smart TV. This is because I do not want to buy Amazon TV fire stick. Otherwise, it works well with my smart TV.

terrible

got the free amazon prime trial cancelled before the end date and then charge me when i contacted them they kept changing they story until i threatened them with the accc 40 mins and the worst thing is they dont have much content to watch keep away this is why amazon is one of the richest companies they steal and dont seem to care

Crooks

I signed up for the free trial and am still getting charged even though I spent over half hour last month on online chat to them, received an email to say my account was closed. It is closed as I have no access to it on my TV - however, I was still charged this month again. I rang them today and still cannot get a resolution. Kept asking for my details over and over again and cannot confirm seeing a charge anywhere on my account. I can see a charge on my credit card statement though.

Charged for supposedly "free" trial

I signed up for the free trial, made sure to cancel before it expired, received an email saying I had successfully cancelled and would not be charged and STILL got charged! I am trying to resolve this with them right now but who knows what will happen. Just wanted to warn others - their customer service is almost impossible to find on their website. Disgusting company - I have purchased from Amazon before but will never do business with them again.

Inferior

- When watching on PS3 it forces the audio into the highest audio format, meaning your reciever is unable to use prologic and the like.
- There are no user profiles.
- Doesn't tell you if a title is expiring soon.

Illegal activity

Amazing prime keep charging your card illegally. Do not join this service, they will keep debiting your card illegally after you cancel your membership

Terrible service and unorganised

I have cancelled my account 3 months ago but I am still being charged. Prime video free trial is a trap. they will charge you forever. even I don't have account to sign it to modify payment and anything else. there is no number to call.

Absolutely terrible

When we first joined everything seemed ok. But after a week we started to encounter very bad streaming issues that we weren't getting with Netflix or Stan. Then a lot of content suddenly became unavailable to us. In one instance it wanted to change us for the first episode in a shows season but not any ep after that! We tried hard to contact customer support but it just seemed futile. Disappointed that'll we'll miss man the the high castle and Grand tour, but to be honest this is such a bad product I'm happy not to be supporting it until they left their game and make it more Australian compatible.

Somehow was signed up for this automatically...

Never signed up for this.. but was charged monthly either way. Impossible to navigate amazons website to find information regarding there video service to unsubscribe.

I have cancelled my account 3 months ago, but I am still being charged monthly. There is no account to sign in and change the payment or cancel. Help me out please? there is no number to call for god sake
I haven’t tried this but I do hope it helps you, due to your problem I won’t be signing up to Amazon Prime and I thank you for letting us know how difficult it is to opt out. You can end your Amazon Prime membership, or cancel your free trial to ensure it doesn't convert to a full Amazon Prime membership, in the Settings section of Your Account. To end your Amazon Prime membership or cancel your free trial: Go to Manage Prime Membership. Depending on whether you have a paid Amazon Prime membership or are on a free trial, do one of the following: To end a paid membership, click End membership and benefits, on the left-hand side of the page. Note: Paid members who haven't used their Amazon Prime benefits, including Free Delivery, Prime Video, Prime Music and Prime Reading will be eligible for a full refund. To cancel a free trial, click End Trial and Benefits, on the left-hand side of the page. Note: If you select End Trial and Benefits for your free trial, you'll receive benefits until your free trial period ends. Then your membership will cancel, and your payment card won't be charged.

Similar listings