Amazon Prime Video

Amazon Prime Video

Dangles

DanglesNSW, 2340

Perfect

Love watching good sitcoms & movies.
Great price for only $4 a month.
Loved watching shows like two & 1/2 man, Rush, Mr Bean & great movies like all of the Beverly Hills cops. Highly recommended

Thainara Maia

Thainara MaiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disapoiting

I did my subscription 3 or 4 months ago. After the second month, I cancelled my prime membership, but I still got charged in my bank account around $20 the last 2 months. Since the first time I called them to check what happened and to have a refund, and they said that I would receive an email of cancellation and my refund back. So far nothing happened and I’m still paying for something that I’m not using. I don’t recommend they service!!! What a pickle!!

Terrible

Ordered some christmas presents for UK family and managed to sign up unintentionally and then charged 15.59 AUD for the privilege. Amazon make it extremely easy to sign up and very hard to undo, especially as when logged in on the .com.au sight it doesn't mention that you have "prime" on the .co.uk site

spersephone

spersephoneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exceptional value for many shows

I am an Amazon US customer because I use the family reading on Kindle. So I have little access to the Prime benefits because I rarely use Amazon to buy physical products due to the georestrictions.

However, for $3.99 per month (videos only, no Prime membership as I’m not using the Aus store), it’s brilliant. There are loads of old shows that I loved, and enough new movies and shows to keep me occupied. It’s so much cheaper than Netflix, Stan, Disney+ or Foxtel. I almost feel obligated to keep the subscription because even if I watch only one thing a month it’s worth it.

The quality isn’t great, it buffers a lot, but I’m paying so little that I’m getting way more out of it.

Go with t.

Go with t.

Great product and service

My family streams quite a lot, but we change between companies usually having two going at any given time, we even tried Dysney for my nieces and nephews.The truth is I love them all but Amazon is so cheap, good quality and when I canceled they offered to refund or let it play until the end of the month. That’s awesome

Robbie

RobbieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

TREADSTONE SUBTITLES FAILURE

With a fanfare & advertising Prime series TREADSTONE started in Australia. It has multiple languages throughout out the series so I was using English (after all it is our national language) but TREADSTONE drops the subtitles in the middle of at least episode 2 & 3. There is no apparent reason why so I reported it by phone to the service centre Sunday 12-01-2020. I was advised that they were aware of the problem & were working on it. I retried episode 2 Wednesday 15-01-2020 & was excited that the subtitles started working but part of the way through they disappeared!! The fault appears to be intermittent. Appears to be a great series but useless if you cannot understand the conversations.

Subtitles disappear midway through a show.

The video subtitles don't translate foreign languages! Watching "Treadstone" with subtitles on, and as soon as the characters peak Korean and Ruussian the subtitles disappear! No idea what they're saying. Come on Amazon, a bit of QC, lift your game!

Keith J.

Keith J.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst Password Reset Function

Can’t watch - can’t reset my password have to call and international number to rectify. The human confirmation characters are horrible. Overall poor sign up system made me just use the other streaming services.

Rob

Rob

Dont trust Amazon ever!!!

I ordered some Christmas presents from Amazon and was checking my credit card statement the following month and found I had been charged $59.00 for "Amazon Prime". I never ordered this service and its a real headache trying to contact Amazon to get this refunded.

I will never purchase through Amazon again as I have no trust in them if they do these sly deals.

entunchano

entunchanoQueensland

Not good value if you live in Australia

There were two series I wanted to watch only available on Prime. So for that I guess, good value. However, I also wanted to read books. So far have not found a single book free on Prime Reading that isn't second rate. The options for the 'one free Kindle Unlimited' were limited.

If you purchase a lot of products from Amazon that actually qualify for the free prime shipping, might be worth it.

But for me the subscription was an absolute rip off..... even for the two series. I'll stick to Netflix.

Michael H.

Michael H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible company. Making unauthorised charges to my bank account

Joined for the free 30 day trial. Cancelled after 3 days and received email confirmation, yet they still charge me their monthly fee. Nobody to contact to fix it. Reading these reviews, it seems like this is their MO and standard way of doing business. Extremely poor for a company this size.

Steer well clear and deal with companies who wont rob you.

Sandra56

Sandra56South East Queensland, QLD

Can't live with it

Telling lies

'State accurate facts and be objective'. Sounds like advice from someone who works for your company! Other than that MrSteve MC Queen died in 1980 and could not have appeared in a 2019 movie. Your collating methods like most online businesses was designed by a drunken monkey ie if some laughs in a movie in ends up in the comedy section though it may contain a love scene and then the romantic comedy genre etc ad infinitum so please for christ sake collate a bit better as we your paying customers are not complete idi and no one paid me for a comment and why would they.

JL232

JL232

Amazon Prime do not accept negative feedback

Bought an electric scooter with Amazon Prime that was never delivered. Tried to post negative feedback on Amazon's website twice. Realised the website does not accept any feedback that is negative towards them, even though they were at fault. Also, still never got my scooter and still waiting for a refund because Amazon believes the lying courier (Toll) over the customer. Very very untrustworthy and unhelpful company!

John

John

Charged for something I never authorized

I have been charged by this company for something I never authorized and this has been occurring for months and never did I receive even an invoice. I have logged into my account to try and stop this and cant find any location where this charge is even coming from. Avoid this company

AbbeyP

AbbeyPWheatbelt, WA

Only good for watching what isnt on other streaming platforms

When signed in on TV, it doesnt even allow me to see my profile account > i dont know whos account is currently logged in smh.
When resuming videos, it takes the video back about 1min 30secs, every other platform only takes you back say 20 secs.
When continuing to the next ep, anetfix takes 10-5secs. Prime Video takes 125 secs!
There is no continue watching list. So you have to go through and find your film each time.
You cant skip intro.

BrianVeeSydney, NSW

So bad its laughable

The worst low budget movies with pathetic special effects, crappy plots, appalling acting and frequent buffering / stalling. It's so bad its almost good ... but not quite. It's just plain crap.

BrianVee

I don't use my Prime subscription much but last night I found a couple of decent movies and 2 new series worth watching. Hope this is a sign of more improvement to come.

murphy62

murphy62

Amazon Prime movies are second rate

Taking into consideration that the movies are cheap for the subscription model, I would rather spend more and spend time watching something worthwile. I have spent too many hours watching a quarter of a movie and ending up checking out. Amazon Prime has too many C or even D grade movies. Not worth my time trying to find something decent to watch.

Tray

TrayNSW

Terrible

Its terrible streaming service. Very limited range of content. There also buffing issues. Never have this problem with Netflix. Some of movies seen be low quality. It may be cheaper then other streaming services but its definitely not as good.

Eric B.

Eric B.South-East, TAS

Not a bad deal for package, but not very good for video

Amazon Prime is reasonable if you are going to use all of their services - shipping, basic music subscription, Kindle book borrows, video games and video. However, each one of these services is only barely adequate. The music selection is limited, video selection is lacking, Kindle books is less than at the local library, etc. It works if you only need a cheap option for a variety of media choice, but not as a stand alone product in any area (except perhaps free Prime shipping).

Frederique D.

Frederique D.asked

Why doesn't the continue Watching feature present itself on the Prime Video home page. Every time I want to continue watching my program, I have to search for it.

Anayet

Anayetasked

Most of the south Indian movies in Telegu language where suppose to be alternative in Hindi or English. Also not that much new Hollywood movies.

sunnyasked

I canceled my prime video 2 months ago and my account says l am no longer a member but the monthly charge is still been taken from my account for those months last one being on 6th August l phoned up about this and was told you have no record of the deductions but my bank account says different, explanation please.

Doesnotcompute
Doesnotcompute

Hi Sunny, did you end up getting to the bottom of this issue? I ask, because I've cancelled my membership, and a few days later I login to my amazon prime account and it's been auto reactivated, even though I specifically cancelled it the other day and received an email to tell me that I wouldn't be charged at the end of my free trial period. Thanks Sunny.

Yes was settled.

Get an answer from our members and Amazon representatives

Other Online Streaming Services