Amazon Prime Video

Amazon Prime Video

Cin

CinNorth Queensland, QLD

Love It!

Wow, i am so disappointed in reading these other reviews, regarding Amazon Prime Video. I love it, i reckon the movies and tv shows they have on is amazing. My son is currently binge watching his fave show. The movies are great, i have never had a problem with Amazon Prime Video.

Evan

EvanHobart, TAS

Update hell

Every time I update Amazon app on smart tv it locks me out. Why do updates that only succeeding in blocking subscribers. It says there’s a connectivity problem but Netflix works fin

I want my money back please.

Evan

Mostly poor

Provider only had one or two decent shows that justified the entire platform. The only decent on-going show being "The Expanse". Despite its clear importance however, they allowed external political pressure to destroy the entire series in a single episode. The single most unprofessional display of filmmaking since "The last jedi".

LouisaC

LouisaC

The absolute worst!

-1 Stars if I could! I already find the Amazon website terrible for purchases and I ended up trying Prime Video as there was one show I wanted to watch on there. Little did I know that, for the movies, you still have to rent them on top of your monthly membership which is total B.S. if you ask me. And now, was finally able to cancel my membership after having to change my password three times because amazon "did not recognise that email address" and then kept redirecting me to the same page over and over.
I genuinely loath Amazon and Prime Video, do not recommend!

Benjamin R.

Benjamin R.South East Queensland, QLD

How can one of the richest companies be quite so bad

It's a Shame that they are removing good movies and series in Australia

It's a Shame that they are removing good movies and series in Australia. I just started rewatching fnf series and boom it's gone in 2 days. No good movies or series to watch now.

example of a big company poorly trying to cash in on streaming services..

the ui and layout is clunky and ugly, the movies and tv shows are for the most below average AND there are ads despite paying. Netflix is cheaper and better.

kumari

kumariGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

cancelling membership is a nightmare

i was so hard to cancel membership or to update address, contact details. it asked for some OTP code sent to my old mobile number . you can not update your details like address or even mobile number or even email address without OTP number. not much content on there anyway . not worth

Not worth it...

Not worth it... Netflix is cheaper and has heaps better shows and movies... I just subscribed 10 min ago and now I just got rid of it... don't waste your time downloading or signing up to this cr...p

jenny punch

jenny punchsydney

rip off

noticed the charges coming through my account - i had looked at it but not signed up for it. they made it very difficult to cancel. looking at the other reviews i am obviously not alone.

davemegaman.dr

davemegaman.drNew South Wales

Disgusting cash grab

Who in their right mind would pay for a service and then pay to watch things readily available but blocked behind a paywall to rent or buy (per movie / show) again? The movies and shows rang from old AF to new releases and the prices will let you know that.. right now i can RENT the new wonder woman for 25 bucks..... and the 1st Kingsman movie for 5 bucks...... wth is the kingsman movie even doing in a rental section. .
Disgusting.

Paul H.

Paul H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really suprised - I find it good value

Prime Video is limited but at $59 annually it can be worth it for $ saved on deliveries alone. Do the maths! That said, they do have limited release movies and originals worth a watch - saw Last Flag Flying recently, it was great! And Parks and Rec worth a binge!

Noway

NowayPerth, WA

Charge after cancellation

I spoke through email to get my Amazon account and prime membership nullified. I was told all my accounts will be deleted and will no longer be able to use my email or use Amazon prime, fair enough that's what I wanted. A week later Amazon are still charging my account. Have emailed them but seem slow to respond. Will take this up with the ombudsman as not happy with the way they conduct themselves towards their customers or supposed to be ex customer.

Jesse

Jesse

Shadiest business

Keeps charging me monthly subscription after cancelling multiple times now. Don't get me started on how purposefully difficult they make it to even find where to CANCEL your sub. I had to log in multiple times and navigate through many pages.

Tim Nicholls

Tim NichollsIllawarra, NSW

Free trial isn't worth that !!

I got a free trial when buying something from Amazon.

I'll be deleting my account after this post. Why am I paying a subscription and then have to pay again for movies/TV shows ?? The content isn't great. Old movies still need paying for.

Get lost Bezos !!!!

Mary

Mary

Commercials galore

You pay a membership yet have to endure to watch a series, problem is your going to get ads and credits plus intro to every part.. why pay membership at all.

VHS is better

Such an uterly pathetic excuse for a streaming service in Australia. I would rather watch and rewind VHS. Why would you leave out Book 3 of Avatar the Last Airbender?

Adrian48

Adrian48None of your business

Poor choices

Movies are mostly B grade junk, if that. Selection of tv shows not much better. Content on Netflix, or even SBS on demand, are better quality. Some of the quality makes a mockery of real actors.

Miya

MiyaBrisbane

Amazon account is hacked

Selection of movies aren't great. Very limited to only few good movies. But more important is that I learned today is that amazon is hacked. The hackers got my phone number from this website. I received call today scaring me that somebody has hacked my prime video account to avoid false payments I should cancel my account. To cancel the account they wanted me download TeamViewer app and other phishing apps so they can send me cancellation form. I got suspicious and refused. Later i tried calling back on those numbers and as i suspected those numbers were disconnected so obviously they were hackers.Be aware. Hackers can call and try getting access to your phone

zknight

zknightSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not many good movies

The only good show on Amazon was Grand Tour, without that, there is nothing interesting on there. Now that Amazon has joined Google, Facebook and Twitter in censoring the truth, I cannot support them anymore. Amazon has sided with Communism and has blocked free speech apps like Parler.

Suzi

Suziasked

I have been watching Season 1 Continuum all was good until I started watching Season 2 and the audio language changed to Italian (I think) even though the audio language in the speech bubble says English. I have tried everything under the sun to fix it to no avail. Has anyone else experienced a language change for no reason?

Grant G.
Grant G.

Same here

Suzi

Suziasked

alan morgan

alan morganasked

How do you know if your paying to watch a movie? I pay $6.99 per month and I've watched two movies and I've woken up the fact that I could be paying a rental fee or purchase fee for the movies.
When I select a movie to consider, just beneath the info states " purchase options". Why can't they just ask " do you wish to proceed renting or purchasing" before allowing people to view or download the movie?

I'm feeling like I've walked into a scam.

Other Online Streaming Services