Ann Magoo

Ann MagooGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pretty Good to start with, then....

Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI for $20.00.

pamlooy

pamlooy

Will not recommended this product

No good quality. Bought it during lockdown and now it has 2 problems. Number 1setting could not roll and spaghetti cutting function could not work because it doesn't allow the dough through. Very disappointed customer.

Purchased in June 2020 at ALDI for $20.00.

Total waste of money

This machine does not work. I have tried to make pasta with it twice before and today I decided to try again following the instructions closely. . This time it started and then completely died on me. $129.00 down the drain. No longer under warranty as I have had it over 2 years. My brother also has one and has never been able to make pasta with it. Waste of money. DO NOT BUY

Purchased in February 2018 at ALDI for $129.00.

Pasta Makers

Find out how ALDI Pasta Machine compares to other Pasta Makers

Excellent machine for price

I brought this machine for $20 to give pasta making a go. It has been excellent so far. I have read that people weren’t impressed with the instructions but I haven’t actually read them, it is pretty straight forward and I looked at a you tube video so I got an idea of the dough consistency. Has made even lasagne and the fettuccine is excellent too. To get a pasta dried included for $20 is a bargain.

Purchased in June 2020 at ALDI for $20.00.

Helmi156Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Machine & Good Value

Seems to be a well made unit. S/steel is not flimsy and the options for dough thickness and also pasta types(spaghetti, fettucine etc) are all good.
I have no complaints at all. And the price is at least half of what the 'elssewhere' options to buy are.

Purchased in July 2019 at Aldi Carnegie for $19.99.

carefulbuyer

carefulbuyerAdelaide

Excellent automatic pasta maker, and great value for money

Purchased in May 2018 at ALDI.

AndreaM

AndreaMCentral, SA

Don't rely on instructions and you will love it

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Grace

GraceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst product ever.

Does not work. Instructions written by a 2 year old. Measurements make dough concrete. DO NOT BUY. Don't waste your money on this crap. Buy the old fashioned manual one and you'll make perfect pasta. Worst product ever. Don't waste your money. Its not an easy alternative to make pasta

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Worst thing ive come across in my whole life

Never again!! I measure the ingredients exactly but no, it always jams. I notice if you use the disks with the larger openings like lasagna or the large fettucine its occasionally ok but its been more trouble than its was worth!! When it does decide to work the pasta is lovely, but mostly it wont expell the mix its gets clogged up. I can say my mix is 100% correct! When i brought it the cashier told me to hang on to the receipt as they had had quiet a few reterns!

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Pasta Makers

Find out how ALDI Pasta Machine compares to other Pasta Makers

Shandi

ShandiAU

Does the job

Purchased this machine recently, so have only used it a few times. Although it is fairly simple to use, you must work out for yourself how your ingredients go together to get the right mix for it to work, which takes a few tries. If the mix is not right, it will not work. When you have it right, it is quite good for quick fresh pasta.

Aldi pasta maker

Great machine at a reasonable price. Have been using it for over 3 years and I no longer buy pasta or noodles from the shops. The trick is to use small eggs, 100g plain flour to one egg. Drier dough is much easy to work with and must allow an hour or two for the initial dough resting.
negative: noisy machine

Shane

ShaneNortheast, VIC

A loud unit not for inexperienced users

This was a noisy machine when we first got it, but now after 12 months it has started to squeal quite loudly, and the cutters dont turn smoothly any more. Even when we first used it, we had to adjust the pasta dough to a drier mix to get the fettucini cutters to work. The machine has been used about ten times and we were happy with the result until that 12 month mark. There appears to be no instructions in the manual on how to oil the machine so I have left it alone.

The noise level using it makes everyone leave the kitchen, which can be a good thing too.