Is Priscilla a robot?

Do you ever get the feeling that "Priscilla" is a robot or a computer program that just spits out the same useless platitudes to every post without ever achieving anything worthwhile?
I ended up getting a Visa card from a different supplier - works fine :)

I don’t exist …. Priscila … doesn’t …. Error. Does not compute. <syntax error> Shutting down.

WARNING ONLINE SHOPPERS EVERYDAY MASTERCARD IS A SCAM !

I shop online very often and wanted the safety of a card not being attached to my bank that i could deposit money in easily. This card is a scam! After loading my money into the card i started shopping only to receive an sms saying my card had a temporary hold on it and until i spoke to them i would not be able to use it any further. The number to contact on the back of the card sends you to foreign speaking people who can not sort out the problem that's if you get through to anyone at all, the bank attached to the card does not exist , so my funds are locked up with no way of accessing them. TOTAL SCAM !!! They take your money, do not buy this card.Australia Post is no help either referring you back to Mastercard. Total fraud scam,i cannot warn people enough about this card!!

I'm so sorry to hear that this happened Shazzy, sounds like a nightmare! So did they explain anything further other than your bank account doesn't exist? How did you load money on it? I wish there was something I could but I'm afraid only the support team have access to the accounts to assist you. Are you able to speak to them again? PriscilaNot my bank account the bank that is responsible for the card. After 3 days of trying to sort it and getting the runaround I do not EVER wish to speak to them again. I am just warning people this card is a total scam with no one stepping up to take responsibility. Shame on Australia post for lending their name to such an appalling product.

Oh dear. Perfect example of what not to do :(

Like many others posting here I had one of the old load and go cards, which I never had a problem with.

After loading some cash onto the new card, and registering on the website, I tried to log back in to check balance. Nope. Just would not happen. Cannot find your account. Or recover your password. But which is it? Are you saying I have the email address wrong or the password.. ?

I tried the recover password option. It told me it had sent an email to my address. No email. Tried several times over the next ten days. No email arrived. Checked spam/junk folders. Nothing.

Finally tried ringing cards services, expecting a long delay. There was a long delay. After choosing an option from a very quiet spoken menu, I was put on hold with music so loud it nearly blasted out my eardrums. My wife could hear it across the other side of the room.

Finally I was answered by a very quietly spoken woman with an odd accent. Between the quiet and the accent, I had to ask her to repeat every sentence. Eventually she understood that I wanted to regain online access to my card, and eventually she gave me a temporary password, which I entered, followed by my new password. It didn't work. "An error has occurred." I tried again, all through the same tedious process. "An error has occurred."

The error was buying this card. There are better options. Stay away.

CurrencyAUD
Hi Peter, What a mess! Sounds very frustrating and you would think calling the support team would actually help resolve the issue but seems you've gotten no where. Can you tell me, have you been able to log in since writing this review? Did the password reset email ever come through? Let me know! I'm afraid the support team are the only ones that can help get access to your account but I do hope the issue has been resolved since. PriscilaI appreciate your reply Priscila, but sadly no. No emails have ever arrived, and I still cannot log in or check my balance online.I recommend calling the support line so they can give you a reset code again. I know it's frustrating to get through to them however I have no way of accessing your account. I am sorry for all the trouble this has caused. Priscila

Previous Load & Go was much better

My previous AP Load & Go prepaid Visa Card reached its expiry date so had to replace it. Go to the local post office and AP now only do MasterCard (not visa) no problems right - WRONG. Clunky way to reload, can only reload minimum of $50 (not $20), have to do so through a web browser, i.e. you cant set up the card to transfer via my banks phone app. On top of all that the card periodically knocks back online purchases when there is sufficient funds. Not sure how long AP have the contract with MasterCard but reading all the reviews they will be loosing customers hand over fist, - I'm already looking for a better solution.

Hi Eric, I'm very sorry that you're not happy with this card and I can understand why as you can't even use the card to make simple purchases. I'm glad you did write this review though as this feedback will be passed onto the Everyday Mastercard team and are they keen to know what customers think. If you do have issues with the card though please reach out to our support team for assistance. Priscila

This is the most useless card

I've gone through 3 Post Mastercards now because one after the other I've had problems with not being able to purchase anything online because it keeps getting declined without any reason. After being able to purchase an item once on each, it would then not let me make anymore after that, i rang up the support team only to be told that nothing was wrong. Clearly something is wrong if iv gone through 3 mastercards that dont work!! This is so annoying, load and go was so much easier and just worked. And each time i go back to the post office to load more money on to see if it works they said that it didnt work “because the system is down” so i waited another day, went back and they said the same thing, so I purchased another to put me out of my misery and that worked straight away, i could load money that day, then that night i spent money on it and it actually worked then i tried again, and it declined and I definitely had enough money on there. The next day i went back to the post office and they said they couldnt load money on again. What is going on!!!??? Im on my 4th master card now and im having the same problem again. Im not purchasing anymore, i cant believe iv had to go through and waste money on this worthless card that was supposed to be “easier”. Dont even bother helping me, i want answers at this point, iv been patient enough.

Competitive Exchange Rate Yes
Hi Harrison, Wow you've had so many troubles with this one product and wasted your money and time on it too just for payments to constantly be declined so I can 100% understand why you're so frustrating and want answers. I wish I could fix this issue you're experiencing however the support team you've called on already only have access to these systems to assist. I'm glad you wrote a review though as I will definitely be sharing this with the team as this feedback is important to us. Priscila

Dangerous and Risky: sluggish and non-existent customer service renders this a very unsafe account

I have serious doubts about the security of this card after noticing two fraudulent transactions and also the ease of login. Also, it is VERY difficult to get hold of someone to deal with the account. Auspost doesn't handle the account, and mastercard is only available via phone. When I tried to get something done about the hacking of the account, the line was dropped every time and after a lengthy wait period. Several days later, still no action or response outside of asking me to fill out a bit of detail that the form didn't ask for in the first place, which is why I say this is a very unsafe account to have.

Hi Lune, This is really concerning to hear, I'm so sorry for all the trouble you've had with this card and that no one has been able to you. Fraudulent activity is not a joke and should be taken seriously, it's always really scary so I am sorry for what this card has put you through. I wish I could help, I'm afraid the Mastercard Everyday Support are the only team who have access to the systems to help you with your account. Have you been able to talk to anyone since? PriscilaI sent the additional information and revised form they requested on the very day they asked for it and it's been at least 5 days of NO ACTION NO RESPONSE on this, not even a block placed on the company making those withdrawals. Every time I contact Auspost, it's 'go to mastercard'. Every time I try mastercard, the call gets dropped. In this duration, the company could very easily arrange another debit to empty out the account. Now, I'm trying to get the account closed and there's similarly no response from them. I strongly advise Auspost this is a very unsafe and unreliable partner to have who is affecting your brand negatively.

Terrible!

It's a shame Australia post replaced Load & Go cards with these mastercards because they are useless. Never had a problem with the Load & Go because the minimum amount you could put on was $20 with the MasterCard the minimum is $50. Had issues with the new card ever since I bought it, the last time being on 13th September. Went to post office put $50 on card, go back home to check account balance only to be told there is no such account! Went back to post office worker there says the money went through there must be a glich with the card, surprise surprise! Rang the number on the card to get help was on phone for 20 min no one answers phone so hung up.

CurrencyAUD
Hi Jenny, I'm very sorry for the poor experience you've had with this card especially as your load and go card worked great. Is your account still showing that there are no funds on it? and have you been able to talk to anyone since calling the first time about the issue? PriscilaI rang the MasterCard hotline, the woman I spoke to sent me back to the post office to have my receipt reversed so they could put the money back on it so it's working now .I'm glad to hear it :) Priscila

Totally useless!

I purchased this card to replace my Load & Go card that has now become obsolete. My sole purpose in buying this card was to shop online. This card will NOT be accepted by the online US site i wanted to use. The site has an Australian branch where i have ordered the same product many times & have never had a problem.The site even billed me in Australian Dollars but for some reason doesn't accept the AUD currency on the card! Three very exasperating phone calls to mastercard prepaid management, who could only offer that the site based in the US wouldn't accept the card in its AUD currency form .On reading these reviews, i am now of the opinion that its not just this one US shopping site that the card will not function for purchases, but MANY!! I am totally disappointed with this card & for my purposes it is absolutely useless!

Hi D.Robbo, I am sorry to hear that you're not happy with the card as you cannot use it for the website you regularly use. It's up to the website whether they want to accept this card or not though I understand you feel misleaded. Priscila

Useless card, waste of time

I purchased this card after I was told load and go Visa cards had been discontinued. I'd used these cards for years with no issues. After trying to link my new Mastercard to my PayPal account and attempting to shop online on many clothing websites I was unsuccessful. This was my sole purpose for buying the card so I'm pretty upset it doesnt work. I rang the support number only to be told it was a PayPal issue and most likely an exclusion for use of the card on the websites I use. When I asked about cashing out my card since it was basically useless to me I was told I would be charged a fee of $10. $10 for a problem that I didnt create and was not made aware of when purchasing the card. Dont waste your time with this one

Hi TJD, I can understand your disappointed with this product as it does not work as you expected it to and feel as if you wasted money. Some website may not accept the card you're using, at the time of purchasing your card we would not know what website won't accept these cards as it's entirely up to them with their own reasons. I am sorry though as I understand it does not suit your needs. You're able to use this card anywhere Mastercard is accepted. Priscilaobviously I cannot use it everywhere MasterCard is accepted because it is being rejected by reputable vendors who state they accept MasterCardAre you trying to buy in retail stores or online? As above some website may not accept your card, that is up to the stores decision whether they want to accept prepaid cards or not. Priscila

Great love it the card I mean

Don't know i haven't really been overseas if I had I would be alright with the card if it's the same as Australia the card is of good value and I thank ausrpost for it

Thanks for the great review Ron, glad you like the new card :) Priscila

Can’t order card

Wanted to order the card online
But to verify your identity you need to have a passport number
Or a drivers license number.
I don’t have any of these because I have epilepsy and I don’t travel.
I used to have load and go but that ran out August 2019 and
they are not getting renewed now.
The one star rating is not for the card but because there are only two options.
I do have a 18+ card that which should be a option.
Not everyone has a drivers licence or a passport.
Get your act together.
I will have to go to the local post office and try and work something out
Cheers.

Hi Dave, I'm very sorry to hear that you're unable to purchase the card as you're right not everyone has a license or passport and they should not be left out to use this card. I will definitely get this feedback passed on for you to the team. PriscilaHello Priscila. Would love that very much. Kind regards David.

Frustrating! Constantly declines purchases.

I loaded money onto my card and I can't use it. Now I'm stuck with money on my card and all my purchases are being declined. Even through PayPal. Can't call until the morning and the offer I wanted to use the card for expires. Wish I had read the reviews here first before I bought this card because it seems like almost everyone is having this problem. Tempted to cancel it and throw it in the bin after this issue is fixed. So frustrated.

I'm very sorry that the card didn't work and you missed out on this sale, how frustrating! Have you spoken to our care team about this? Let me know what's happened since. Priscila

Crap and a waste of time and money!!!!

Brought this card after my load and go card expired, and are no longer available. Was told this card would do the same, but i cant buy from wish.com. which is the reason for purchasing the card. Not happy. Liers. Crap customer service!!!

Hi Suzanne, Have you been able to make other purchases elsewhere? Could it be that wish.com don't allow these cards on their website? Recommend calling our Mastercard Support team on 1800 549 718, it's free! PriscilaHi Priscila, No haven't tried using it anywhere else as i only brought it to replace my load and go card and to use for online shopping mainly from wish.com. Called mastercard support team on friday 31st of august and waited over 30 minutes for someone to take my call, was told there were restrictions on the card and was told the restrictions would be temperarily lifted and could use the card in 24hours to purchase from wish.com and after trying several times and still being declined I re rang again on monday 3rd of september and was told by customer support that i could not use it for wish.com and thats were they left it. I contacted wish.com and was told only needed a credit card to purchase. Had no problems with the load and go card. Hate being lied to, was told by the australia post when i purchased the card it would do everything the load and go card could do. Someone is lying to make money!!!! I assumed that a mastercard is a credit card and can be used where ever mastercard is accepted. Bring back the load and go cards!!!! Thanks for your reply Suzanne.

Back to the bad ol'days

Had the card for a week, loaded more money which did not appear on the card but two fraudulent transactions appeared. Contacted Mastercard, they apologized, cancelled the card and issued another which arrived 9 days later. Went online to purchase, the transaction was declined. Contacted Mastercard they say the transaction was declined as the delivery address did not match my home address. I was told that their system has no capacity to add this other relevant information. They temporarily change the address at their end and the transaction went through and the they changed it back and told me that I need to update my details with the vendor. In other words, Mastercard want us to let all vendors now where we live, which is part of the personal security information they use to verify who we are, and have all our deliveries sent to our homes. They are still living their glory-days of the 1900’s. I'm so sorry for all the hiccups and frustrated that Priscila is so annoying and patronizing. :-)

Competitive Exchange Rate No
Naww stitch I'm not annoying am I? :( definitely not how I want to come off here, just want to offer support where I can and turn your experience around. Just want to confirm why you were told to change your address with the vendor, the vendor as in where you're purchasing your item from? Was the team able to tell you if you would be able to purchase again or will it be declined? PriscilaNo, I’m very sorry, but this whole experience has been annoying and frustrating. As I stated in my review. “ I was told that their system has no capacity to add this other relevant information. They temporarily change the address at their end and the transaction went through and the they changed it back and told me that I need to update my details with the vendor.” Below are some of "your" replies to your customers. “How frustrating that you can't get money back out after having your card locked” “How annoying! Are you still experiencing issues with this?” “I'm sorry to hear that the card has stopped working.” These are the same “annoying” Buzz Words and Phrases the MasterCard phone support team use. What I want to hear is that you are going to get something done about it, but you have offered nothing in reply. This whole system is an embarrassment, I can’t change my PIN, I can’t see my personal details on the website so that I can ensure that is precisely what MasterCard have on file, I cant use my preferred complex password because it is too complex for your website, I have to show proof of ID to load the card, the list is too long for me to continue. Very, very annoying and more than likely corrupt, as peter g said "this card seems like a scam". SHi Stitch, I can point you in the direction for assistance but I don't have access to the systems to help you I am very sorry about that. For the issue you're experiencing you will need to contact the Mastercard phone support team. I wish I could do more. Priscila

Not fit for purpose - ShopMate

Australia Post's website clearly states that this card should be suitable for use with ShopMate to buy US only products that require a US only card, but there's no way to use your ShopMate or alternative address so it acts exactly like an Australian debit card, except more expensive, for online shopping. Waste of my money and time.

CurrencyUSD
Competitive Exchange Rate Yes
Hi there, I'm sorry that you can't use this card for your shopmate items, can you tell me where you read that it says you can use this card on Shopmate? Or are you trying to purchase something on a US website with this card? Priscila

Very disappointed

I can't use it with my Paypal account or other online transactions which is the reason I purchased this. Was using the Australia Post Load and Go Visa which was really good but being discontinued so very disappointed. Will use my loaded funds at the supermarket and try and find a better option

Hi Karen, It should be able to work for your Paypal, can you tell me if you're still experiencing issues? If so please call our support team 1800 549 718. PriscilaHi Priscila, I am now able to use the card on ebay through PayPal. Hopefully I won't have any more issues.

Worst card ever

I tried to buy something online using the australia post everyday mastercard and it got declined i made sure i had more then enough funds on the card to pay for the things i was paying for and it was declined again they put my card on hold told me they are sending a new card 10 days later no card was told wait till midnight... where in the world to they deliver mail at midnight?? asked them to give the fund i have on card back they said i had to do it through the online account... only problem they have blocked the account too.. this card seems like a scam

CurrencyAUD
Hi Peter, How frustrating that you can't get money back out after having your card locked due to the card not working in the first place. Has your account been unlocked since? I hope so. PriscilaThey sent me another card when i had got it and called them to have it activated they told me it was suspended due to a report of it being lost which i had not made any report like that. I had to buy a third card so i could get access to the funds on the first card which meant i had to load another $50 so i could have the 3rd card activated they transferred the funds onto the 3rd card but i am not game enough to use it in case they lock this card out

Declined payments

I bought this card a week ago, it worked perfectly fine, and then suddenly began to reject payments everywhere, whether online, in stores or even ATMs, although the card has credit.

Competitive Exchange Rate No
Hi Derek, How annoying! Are you still experiencing issues with this? Priscila

The best card for online purchases

I purchased a card on Wednesday night so I could pay for things online since it is more secure and I don't need to worry about being scammed and losing money.

Competitive Exchange Rate Yes
Great to read that you're happy with the card :) enjoy online shopping. Priscila

Problems with products

I recently purchased this Mastercard after using the Australia Post Load and Go Visa Cards. I uploaded the information onto my PayPal and for last week it worked fine. However this week it started declining payments and won't allow me to relink to my Paypal after I unlinked it to try to help it work. I have even tried to use it on Eventbrite who accept mastercard and yet it is declined.

Hi Cody, I'm sorry to hear that the card has stopped working. Can you tell me if you're still experiencing issues? If so please reach out to our team on 1800 549 718, they will be able to help you. Priscila