Australia Post Everyday Mastercard

Australia Post Everyday Mastercard

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (6) · No (9)

Matthew

MatthewVictoria

Absolute trash

Declined my purchases several times and a temporary hold was placed onto my card. Logging in to check balance only works if you try twice. Terrible card. Old Load and Go card was much better.

Competitive Exchange Rate No

Ann

AnnMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

disappointed

I have used my card 3 or 4 times for grocery shopping now it is denied-51. also the support phone number says it doesn't recognise me. This needs to be fixed now or I am going to report this card as a scam. Very annoying to be in a busy shop and have the card denied. Luckily I had cash to pay the bill

Alex

Alex

Absolutely useless

Purchased this card to use for business employees and it has given never ending issues.

Can't log in to check balances. Phoning customer support resolves nothing and I'm just told to wait. This has happened at least 10 times now. I wont be cancelling this card, I will be burning it.

Lisa

LisaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Crappy card paywave dont work and cant link to PayPal

Replaced existing load n go with the new auspost mastercard today.
1. Tried using it to pay at checkout at an outlet and paywave didnt worked. Luckily manual swipe of card worked as an alternative.
2. Can't link card to my paypal account - says service denied by mastercard.
3. Call centre was useless in trying to understand these probs, not even talk about how to fix them.
Old Visa card was so much better and easy to use.

BryanCentral, TAS

TERRIBLE

No resolution from MASTERCARD re mix up in Login Code and Password cannot check my account
are they siphoning of my money ( have they something to hide?)
Bring back the VISA card .

Krystle  H.

Krystle H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works fine for me!

I use this card a lot as I don't have a bank account. The old visa card charged 10cents every time I tapped to buy something. This is free. Tap as many times as you like. I did have a little trouble in the beginning trying to register it. But i think that was really the lady at the post offices fault. So I've read other reviews here, they're quite negative, but my experience has been positive. The app does everything I need it to do, which is just check the balance. I've connected it to my pay pal account and so shopping online is easy for me! I just choose pay with paypal and it works like a charm.

CamiPerth, WA

Liked the original better

I brought this card as I had the original one for years, used it mainly for online shopping at Amazon. It was easy to use and easy to load. Now You have to show I.D. just to put money on the card, I could understand if it was $1000 or more but for $50 it is a bit much. I rarely put any more than $50 as if I loose the card I won't have lost much. The original card was easier as the lower reload limit was better for my limited finances, now I don't reload as frequently as I did with the original card.

Cami

I would prefer not to give this information as this message came through a secondary party and I don't know what their security is like.

VALUED CARDHOLDER HA HA

VALUED CARDHOLDER HA HAGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rubbish Product - DO NOT BUY!

Pity I can't give it 0 stars. Card worked once online and hasn't worked since. Card transaction history tells you nothing about failures. Doesn't work at all places online that accept Mastercard, so what's the point ? Just a way for Auspost and Heritage to take your money. Read these reviews and avoid - can't trust it ! Load and Go Visa used to work fine but this new product is junk.

Lanii

LaniiSydney Surrounds, NSW

Most disappointed

This card is impossible to register and no help at all from Mastercard. Tried to get my money back but card failed. The post office where I purchased this from couldn’t help either. Avoid this card.

Funds not showing up

I transferred $50 to my Go MasterCard from my own debit card and it says that there was an error. But my money has been deducted and the MasterCard balance stayed the same as before. What do I do?

Gurto

GurtoMid North Coast, NSW

$80 in one hit of a button!! Absolute CRAP card!!!!

CurrencyAUD and USD

Don't get this card!

We had a load and go for years and only had very infrequent and minor problems. This new card was painful to register, difficult to find help information on and worst of all, doesn't work many places. Couldn't even use it some places via pay pal. I plan to use it to pay bills at the post office until it is empty as I expect that is the most likely way to get it to work, then cutting it up!

EeyeoreVictoria

worst pre paid card ever

My 1st, 2nd and 3rd transaction attempts said it was fraudulent/suspicious. Dozens of reviews say the same thing. Overly complicated setup. Worst pre paid card to date and a near useless app. DO NOT BUY!! Try the 7-11 “Just Go” travel visa, it works way better.

Eeyeore

Thank you anyway but I’m good. it’s just a bad product through and through. Pretty much all the reviews here and elsewhere say so. I’m not going to bother contacting them, MC has stuffed me around too many times before.

Kris

KrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't bother. Doesn't work with some vendors. Can't access my own money.

My card/account was suspended due to fraudulent/suspicious activity. Was told I would have to get another card (even after I told them I'm not interested in getting another one) or pay $10 to get MY money transferred to a bank account (which could take up to a week). If anyone knows an ombudsman I could contact please let me know.

Danielle

DanielleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Problem is the card - not the vendors

LESLVictoria

Perplexed

I wanted to use the card as a secure way of paying for anything purchased online. There is no need to give ones name and this card is not linked to any of my accounts . But the card is Mostly not accepted when I attempt to buy something online in Australia or USA. Also takes at least 3 to 4 days for money to be available once transferred from another account .

CurrencyAUD and USD
Priscila L.Australia Post

I am sorry to hear that the card is not up to your expectations Lesl. Can you tell me what error code you get when you try to make purchases? It may be that those certain websites don't accept your card.

Priscila

NetBuyer

NetBuyerNew South Wales

For my purposes I found it to be a poor replacement for the previous Load&Go Visa card.

My experiences with this card have been varied, but generally poor. .. It is not a good replacement for the Load&Go VISA card that Australia Post previously sold.

- Was not accepted at AliExpress online website (China)
- Was not accepted at other overseas online purchasing outlets (Europe, Scotland etc.).

- It appears that it can work if you register for Masterpay by Mastercard and select Masterpay upon checkout,... however such sites are few and far between, and many online sites do not support Masterpay specifically.

Beware of fees if recharging from another debit card AUD5.00, although Australia Post Website incorrectly stated as free until mid December 2019 (even though PDS disclosed fees correctly).

CurrencyAUD and GBP

Joshua R.

Joshua R.Victoria

pending activity

hi, i tried buying something and it wouldn't go through, so i checked the app and it said it was a pending activity so how can i make it go through or cancel it?

Bruce

BruceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy with Au Post Everyday Mastercard.

I used my card in the USA, Canada, online and general shopping ( great for budgeting ) and despite my trepidation it worked! My only complaint is that I cant change my pin number on line in App. I haven't rung customer service yet so can make no comment. I found the setting up of the card a little frustrating and somewhat time consuming however App works and I can check balance so all and all card is doing all that I wanted it to do. I do Bpay transfer and it takes 2 to 3 business days to be in account, Au Post sends me email once funds delivered i haven't tried any other ways of transfer. Thanks Australia Post.

CurrencyAUD, CAD and USD
Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks for your review Bruce :)

Priscila

shazzadut

shazzadutSydney, NSW

Wont be getting one

I have had a Load and Go VISA for about 5 years. It suits me to use this for app purchases, and paying the odd bill. With this card being retired I have to get a new mastercard, but apparently it cant be used on Apple Pay so I cant make any in app purchases. I like to play a few games and used the L&G to buy in app purchases no problem. Top up was easy and never had an issue with it. Reading all the negative reviews online, not only on this website, I wont be getting one. Ill get a debit card from my bank. Bye AP. Why kill a perfectly good product?