Australia Post Gift Card

Australia Post Gift Card

Huy P.
Huy P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Garbage product. Total scam.

I was given a $150 Australia Post Gift Card by the University of Sydney but I cannot use it to purchase anything online. Amazon, Ebay, etc. It's a total scam. What's the point of selling a product that cannot be used anywhere? How about giving people a list of places it can be used in, eh?

kim
kimGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

worst thing in the world

What a goddamn waste of f****** time
have to create an account just to check my balance. website is a pain.
the person who created this needs to be fired.

Unsatisfied
Unsatisfied

Worst gift card ever

I have received this gift card as part of an award, but you cannot use the card on any online merchant. I have tried this now with paypal, amazon, ebay, myer, iconic, Woolworths, all to no avail. All merchants have declined this card.
I do not see the point of a gift card you cannot use. What a waste of $200 bucks.

Find out how Australia Post Gift Card compares to other Services

Australia Post Mastercard Gift Card- Accepted Nowhere...

This is the worst gift I have ever received. I have $95 balance on the card and I have yet to find any vendor that accepts it. I have tried multiple online transactions and have been met with a similar message to try an alternate form of payment. In store vendors' card machines can't even recognise the card. Unless your aim is to give a gift to someone you would like to annoy, avoid this product at all costs

Ryan B.
Ryan B.

The call gets disconnected every time I am told to "please wait for the next available agent". Like the functionality of the product, the customer service is non-existent.

Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling to get through. I've just sent you a private message, if you're able to reply there with your details we can forward them on to the Card Services team and ask them to reach out to you to get this sorted.

linh
linhPerth, WA

DO NOT BUY IT

Nothing but GRIEVANCE
Nothing but GRIEVANCESydney Surrounds, NSW

One Card, Countless Possibilities! Use wherever MASTERCARD is ACCEPTED... INSULTING ADVERTISING

Alice F.Australia Post

After declines for almost every online purchase, Optus bill payment worked! Theory: Covid got to Auspost Prepaid!

Felt like I was reading the same issue as people had more than a month ago. Had the prepaid card since early 2020. Wont bother topping up that for sure.

Casey K.Australia Post

Won’t let me buy anything on Amazon

I keep trying to buy books and Audible books on Amazon and you guys are declining my purchase

I want to buy this week
Can you please fix it , it’s from your end and not Amazon.com

Hi Natali,

Sorry to hear about the difficulty you are having trying to use the card for this particular purchase. 1800 549 718 is the number for the Card Services support team who can assist you with your enquiry.

George
George Sydney, NSW

Can’t buy anything with it. It’s almost a scam.

It seems that it is declined everywhere I try. And we try to phone and all that happens is the call from their end hangs up. Would love to follow up with someone from the Australian post to get answers so I can use the money that is on my gift cards.

BubbyshobbySydney, NSW

Not Totally Unusable

Thanks and I appreciate the info Alice

card doesn't work with steam

I have recently tried purchasing something on steam and it says the funds are on hold. yet i can see the funds on the card when i go on to there auspost website, and don't bother calling their help line or what ever, all it does is tell you your balance and transaction history, just with audio rather then reading it on there website. I am not sure if it works anywhere else but all I know is i just wasted 20$ bucks on this card. useless DON'T BUY IT

Useless in 2021

Something that should be so simple is so complicated. Why even produce and sell a gift card that is this useless??? I cant use it anywhere and have wasted over 2hours trying to get it to work. Like how much of an effort did Australia post go through to make it this crap??? Id rather dirty my hands and clap then to get another one of these useless cards, absolutely pathetic, and its obviously designed to be this bad for a reason, no one is that braindead to make a gift card this stupid, its designed to rip us off. Crap Australia post and crap for not fixing the problem with this card, like yous must all be a bunch of crap at auspost for even coming up with this card. What a crap!

874K3mmm

Has Auspost pulled their head out of their A** yet?? or they still cant see sunshine by the sound of it. Own up, or discontinue the card, stop making excuses for a scam! What a way to spit in everyone's faces who have received this scam of a card.

Please do your self a favour and don't buy this !

Graham CWANGARATTA

A total scam

Can't use it with amazon or paypal or booktopia. Reading the reviews below the only place that seems to take it is coles and woolworths, so why not buy a coles gift card instead. Totally useless online. So that is false advertising. The responses from Australia Post below are pathetic, absolutely no attempt to solve the problem. Thanks for ruining my birthday presents.

Graham C

i have rang mastercard at 1800 549 718 and they have sent me some forms to cash out the cards, so I will see what happens. You should have a clear warning at the sales point of the cards that amazon, paypal etc don't accept them.

kurtullesPerth

Card dont work with paypal check out

Have bought these Australia Post pre paid gift master credit cards as gifts . And they always don't work with PayPal check out no matter if you register the card try to link it to a PayPal account or check out as a guest at PayPal very annoying when they advertise can be used anywhere credit cards are accepted

Thanks,

Have you tried not doing it via the PayPal option, but directly using the Credit Card option?

Jacinta
Jacintaasked

Anyone know a single online website this card can be used??

Hi Jacinta,

If you're having trouble using the card, I recommend calling Card Services on 1800 549 718 so that they can check to make sure it's working correctly.

Nita H.
Nita H.asked

Hi there,
I got a lots of gift card from Australian post (aka MasterCard) like 3cards of them and get stuck with the reminding balance like $2.4, $5.8 and $3.15 is that possible to merge the balance into one balance, so I could use to purchase something else?

Hi Nita,

I'm afraid that you can't merge the card balances or transfer the funds out to another bank account cause that's not how the cards work, but you could try some in store purchases by splitting the total over the 3 cards.

Alice

Jasonasked

Can i use a gift card to buy coins from post office ? And what gift cards do aust post accept.

Hi Jason,

Was this collectable coins you were thinking of? They can be purchased with Credit Cards, so paying with one of these gift cards should be fine too.

Alice