Australia Post Gift Card

Australia Post Gift Card

1.2

What a joke this card is?

I got this gift card for my birthday and was excited to buy stuff online! But nooo, for some reason not everyone accepts it?
Called the help line, but they turned out to be the “Helpless Line!”
First guy sounded half asleep and said he’d sorted it out and to try again in an hour? Wasn’t surprised when it didn’t work.
The second guy sounded like he was reading off a script and kept repeating that he understood my problem when clearly he didn’t!
I’m hoping I can cash my card in at AusPost as it’s utterly useless!!
Do not buy these cards for gifts as whom ever you gift it too will be disappointed and you’ll end up embarrassed!

What A scam

It is extremely disappointing to find out that this card does not work online, when in the packaging, it says it is able to work online. It is a massive scam, do not buy, wish i could give it 0 stars. Australian Post then tries to avoid the issue at all cost. If Australian post sees this, i want you to know, don't say it works online when clearly it does not. its misleading and i really want to report you to the accc. Australia post, does this gift card work online,yes or no

danteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dont Buy!!

Purchased a few of these and loaded them with $500 as they worked well and hadn't had any previous problems. But within the last few months have been declined from paypal and aliexpress, where i never used to have an issue.
Went thru the complaints number 1800549718 (multiple times) in the USA and was advised that paypal and aliexpress triggered a security issue!!
Cards worked on the first transaction, then were declined on subsequent attempts. Was advised by the help line after multiple calls (and also promised that these sites would be 'white listed' for future transactions;didn't happen), the best thing to do would be to take them back to auspost and get them cashed out.
Steer clear.

Find out how Australia Post Gift Card compares to other Services

False feeling of purchasing a fully functioning prepaid mastercard

What use do they have ?

Recieved 2 cards worth over $500 for winning a competition and they can't be spent anywhere? What an absolute waste. Online stores reject the payment via the card for "security reasons".

LynneSydney, NSW

Doesn't work on EBay most of the time.

I wanted to buy three items on EBay with the card.
One transaction was accepted.
The other two were not. I tried everything but won't work again after first time.
EBay says it accepts Mastercard. Hours wasted trying time and again to get EBay to accept the card.
Please help.

Lynne

Is this where I type a private message? The text box below my Review?

Olesia

OlesiaPerth, WA

scam. Be aware

I got the card from one organisation I have done a job for them. I tried to pay with the card in a shop but it was declined. When I checked the balance it was $30 less than it should be. I called the support on the phone and they advised me to take the card to a place where i purcheched it so they will give me a cash back. When I asked the history of my transactions they said they can't help me. I bet the Australia Post wouldn't even deal with the issue.

Megan P.

Megan P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible card

The worst card. Won’t let me login and check my balance as I haven’t realised it doesn’t work on most retailers. Don’t recommend as I have no idea what remains on the card

Linda E.

Linda E.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

0 Stars such a trash card.

I cannot use this anywhere.. what’s the point of this? What a waste of $50 called the card support and they say it’s perfectly fine and working? When it’s not. What an absolute JOKE

Lydia

Not all retailers accept this card.

bretannMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolute RUBBISH. Where can you use it?

bretann

Obviously you have NOT read or comprehended my post because if you are from the same overseas 'Customer Support' I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING OK??

Lachy

LachyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Utter garbage

I can not believe how infuriating these things are. I tried using mine at Aldi, did not work, I tried using it online, did not work, tried using it for Uber eats, did not work. I’m not sure where you are suppose to use it. Aus post seriously need to look into this and fix it. It’s disgusting

Now I’m worried!

I have one of these cards and I bought two for my nieces. Now I’m worried after these reviews they won’t be able to use it online. I’ve used mine at Harris farm which was fine but tried to use it on the Esty website online and they wouldn’t except it either. I wish they wouldn’t tell you could use an online when you can’t it’s very frustrating and annoying and I hope I haven’t wasted my money… I’ll be buying a lot of groceries at Harris farm! There’s so many complaints here yet they don’t seem to fix this online problem. Makes you wonder if they just trying to fob you off by answering you and not doing anything about it.

Mark E.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

These cards do not work with Paypal (aka most online purchases)

As the title says, these cards will not work with Paypal which is what most online stores offer. Also didnt work with Aliexpress. I honestly dont know why they offer these cards at all.

Mark E.

Its not even the merchant, Paypal itself simply will not accept these cards.

Do not buy it! Misleading

I discovered this card recently and i used it to purchase online products from international websites. It seemed that it was working fine and then suddenly nono of the websites that i had already ordered from stopped accepting it! I called the merchants and i was told there is nothing wrong with their policies of accepting this type of card. When i called the Australia Post gift card number that i found here the ladies were not helpful at all! All i was told is the card is active and they cannot see a transaction being canceled. Even when they passed my call to a "supervisor" they kept telling me the same thing. No solution given! Horrible costumer service.

TheDon

TheDonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do NOT buy.

Rubbish card and customer support. Most online vendors reject the card. If that isn't enough, try getting them to do a charge back on a transaction! ----> Mastercard are unprofessional and completely inept at such a simple task. I will be lodging a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman come Monday.

When you let them know that they stuffed up and deposited $40AUD below the amount they were supposed to deposit - They give you a $0 balance in return! Vindictive much???

AGAIN: These will NOT work every where Mastercard is accepted - I have proof. You are simply trying to mislead consumers, this has been outlined in my complaint to The Financial Ombudsman.

Avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid

MattL

MattLSydney

Total Rip Off. Card MUST be used in a single transaction.

I received this card from my employer as an Thank You award.
Used it once to purchase an item. It worked fine the first time.
Have since tried to use it again a few times in order to use up the remaining balance. Never works.
Called the off-shore call center (note: you will be charged for this phone call!) and the lady informed me that the card MUST be used in a single transaction.
Called Australia Post and they refuse to take any responsibility and insist I call the overseas call-center. Which is of course a dead end.
Have informed my employer of this outcome. Of course they are mortified of this scam-like situation.
I hope this review warns others of Australia Post and the Gift Cards that they are selling.

TashIllawarra, NSW

Can’t even use these for online groceries with Woolworths!!

Really don’t think these cards are great at all.
Cannot even use for online Woolworths groceries order and was given cards to help cover some grocery bills, pretty useless when you cannot even use them to cover everyday basic needs!

Nathan

NathanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Biggest scam known to man.

Have a gift card that had 26 dollars left on it. The card expired and i no longer have access to these funds. Fair enough if you can't use the card, but shouldn't i have the option to transfer these funds to another card or cash them out even after it's expired. Even banks allow this. How much money does auspost make from expired cards. Probably a fortune!

Does not work

I bought this gift card about 4 days ago so i could use it. I put 50 dollars in it and it does not work at any place I try at. I tried using it online in store and does not work at either places. I went to the post office to get a refund for it but they said they can not and i should call the call centre. They did not do much and said that i can not get a refund for it. 50 dollars is a lot to me and i have use for it now as it does not work anywhere. I do not recommend getting this gift card. And also when i call the support number why do i have to pay just to get help?

frustrated

frustratedasked

I bought this gift card last week to do online payments for a game, the "gift card" for want of a better term is trash, not accepted by steam, not accept by paypal and the list goes on, I will not bore ppl with a long list, the card is worthless, may as well throw your money out the car window, its on par with buying this card from auspost, but as they print on package, accepted for online transaction, that is false advertisement in my view.
Usually ppl get arrested for doing fraud/false advertising. Only question I got is why auspost is still selling these obsolete and redundant cards to unsuspecting public, I had a load and go from the post yrs ago, worked fine for all I wanted to do, yet the post in their wisedom (sarcasm intended) have ended that card, sorry to say whoever is incharge of sales for these cards should be shifted to janitorial duties, and not making decisions like selling this worthless card

dadbot58
dadbot58

I agree, I still haven’t heard from anyone regarding my review even when they said they’ll contact me!
I just tried using it on AliExpress where I’ve used it in the past, but now they won’t accept it!
DO NOT CLAIM THAT IT CAN BE USED ONLINE, when clearly it can’t!!
Not even my Apple wallet will accept it!!

Hi

Thank you for your enquiry.

I’m sorry you’re experiencing an issue with acceptance of your card. Let me assist in resolving this for you.

So that we can investigate this, can you kindly send us a private message providing your full name, contact number and email? A member of the Mastercard Service Quality team will get in contact with you.

JL Chew

JL Chewasked

My auspost gift card has been declined on AliExpress even though there is still balance left, I was wondering why this happened?

Hi JL

Thank you for your enquiry.

So that we can investigate this, can you kindly send us a private message providing your full name, contact number and email? A member of the Gift Card team will get in contact with you.

dante

Hi JL . I have tried three auspost prepaid mastercards, and all have been declined on aliexpress.

reborn c.

reborn c.asked

I recently got a gift card and i have been unable to use the card and recieved a message on paypal: Your card has been declined by your card provider. Try a different card or contact your card provider.

Hi Reborn C

Lydia

Hi reborn c., I have tried using it on ebay through paypal & it accepted payment for a few transactions but then it suddenly declined even when there is sufficient funds on the card. (I always check before using it) Thank goodness I had an ebay giftcard on standby to cover the cost as I always endeavour to pay straight away on ebay.
I tried 'Amazon' & it works. So does Coles. Hope this helps.

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives