Australia Post Gift Card

Australia Post Gift Card

Fiona

FionaGippsland, VIC

DO NOT RECOMMEND IT

work, put it away in disgust... it again and it's expired by 2 months. I contacted the customer queries and nothing can be done. Very disappointed, many other major companies are lenient and will extend the expiry....especially after we have had problems trying to use it. DO NOT RECOMMEND IT!

Absolute garbage

I was gifted a gift card for christmas. Every online store I have tried to use it on rejects it. Can't link it to Paypal either.
I would not recommend to anyone.

Horrible gift card! Can't use anywhere

Purchased this card last week in store.
So far, it's failed to work in store at Dan Murphy's, plus online at Kmart and Cotton on.
Australia Post needs to specify where the gift card can be used on it's website/ gift card brochure OR take it off the shelf to save customers from wasting their money.

Natalie
Natalie

I've pretty much given up trying after the failed attempts.

Michael OGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A terrible gift idea

The card could not be used at the first two online retailers that I attempted to make purchases (both were safe and trusted retailers). I contacted 'Card Services' and was told that one retailer was 'white listed' but they would authorise same. I was instructed to wait for an email. The email arrived 24 hours later. I tried again to no avail. Not worth purchasing. An embarrassing gift to give or recieve!!

Useless for online purchases

I purchased this for my mother and loaded it with a $500 to make online purchases without fear of getting scammed for larger amounts. So far it has been rejected at every online store we have tried. This has included large stores like Groupon & Mango (MNG) Clothing. Not sure what the point of it is.

JohnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Support sucks

1300 support number puts you on hold for 30mins, the support on the other end was minimal and abrupt. Faviola was not supportive or helpful at all, understandably she probably deals with a lot of angry upset customers, but I think if she were a bit more skilled at empathy and calming down callers (rather than being abbrasive) it would help her. As for the card itself, don't even bother. Basically an 'officialised scam', not worth it, just give cash. Cash won't expire and have extra charges.

JanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Could not use at Australia Post

I am a pensioner and was given some Australia Post gift cards to help me pay my bills. At Redcliffe QLD post office I was told I was not allowed to pay my Water bill because the lady (who is always rude and never smiles) said someone has scammed a gift card so we are not accepting them to pay bills.
I was then forced to pay with my credit card which I now have to find the money to pay it off.
Surely it is illegal under the Fair Trading Act to change the terms of use after purchase?
PS All of the other staff are lovely.
I am not happy and think the $238.17 should be refunded to my credit card and the gift card charged. Ruined my Christmas.

Jan

The lady said they had received an email that someone had scammed using an Australia Post Gift card and that they were told in the email not to allow people to use the gift card to pay their bills.

ThomasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DIDN'T WORK ONLINE

queenlolzy

queenlolzySydney, NSW

Doesn't work online

Sami M.Australia Post
Pineapple-man

Pineapple-manSydney, NSW

Won't reveal which stores you used the card at.

Sami M.Australia Post

Hey Pineapple-man,

I understand how annoying this is and I'd like to get in touch with Load&Go for you so I can find out what is going on. I've sent you a message for some more details that will help us get some answers.

thehansenfamily2008

thehansenfamily2008asked

Can the MasterCard gift cards be loaded to your PayPal

Hi there,

I recommend reaching out to Paypal to see if they will accept this as a card payment, I'm afraid we don't get a list of where it will be accepted as it also up the website whether they accept it or not.

Priscila

I have called them and said that I need to confirm it with you, the issuer of the card.

Priscila L.Australia Post

Please contact our support team on 1800 549 718. They are the trained team dedicated to help customer who had this card.

Oscar H.

Oscar H.asked

Does the gift card work with Microsoft and apple?

Hi Oscar,

If they accept the gift card then it should work, let me know how you go.

kurousa

kurousaasked

I'm trying to purchase something from Wish but the keeps saying that "There was a problem processing your credit card. Please contact your card provider or try another card."
Right now it is outside the hours to call so if anyone can help - please do

You need to contact Australia Post

Hi Kurousa,

I recommend speaking to the support team on 1800 549 718 to get assistance on this.

Michael O

That's a common issue. I had an identical problem when trying to make purchases from other retailers. I rang the support team. After 45 minutes of discussion I was told that I would be able to use it with one of the retailers in 24-36 hours time. I tried again 36 hours later without success.

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives