Australian 4WD Hire

Australian 4WD Hire

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Australian 4WD Hire

Made to pay for a new tire and car missing promised equipment

Probably not again!

Review collected in partnership with Australian 4WD Hire

d. c.
d. c.st george utah

Unethical Company, Avoid at All Costs

The worst ever

Some of the reviews here are true and some are fake. Make your own judgment. We were purely ripped off. They make you pay a very high bond and then retain it under bogus pretence while you are back home on the other side of the world. Do not get near them if you care for your money!!!!

Very Good car but with a few risks

It was very easy to make the booking.

The customer service from Broome car hire center was very bad, we didnt got any copies from all the documents I had to sign.

There was a risk because it was not possible to insure tyres windscreens or axles.

We were very Happy about the quality of the car.

But we had still a very good time in the Kimberleys, thank you 4WD Hire!

Review collected in partnership with Australian 4WD Hire

Unprofessional and extra charges

The guy who checked out the car for us didn't explain basic things like where the jack was stored which would have come in handy when we got a puncture.

They also charged hundreds of dollars when we returned the car because it "wasn't clean". This despite it being full of red dust to begin with. It's a totally ridiculous policy for an outback vehicle hire company but they trust that people (like us) don't read the small print, basically guaranteeing themselves a fee from every customer.

Don't use them, you get what you pay for.

Do not use this company

Australian 4WD, now trading as "Explore 4WD Hire" stole all of our money without providing the vehicle. We had paid in full for $3,200 as we were leaving in two weeks time. COVID-19 then closed all borders and we were unable to proceed with the trip. Instead of negotiating a change of date or credit, this company refused to answer any communication via email or phone and we were forced to lodge a Fair Trading complaint which was unsuccessful as they also could not contact the company. We lost the full amount of money. Do not go near this company.

nd1990
nd1990Sydney, NSW

Do not trust this company

Don't even think about...

Got $5000 bond back

At first we were a little sceptical about our recent Darwin trip with this vehicle company. We rang the office to express these concerns about all the reviews on this page and on another. I was quite worried about giving the $5000 straight up, not a pending payment.
Once we returned from our trip. The vehicle was looked over, then was lifted up to see internally. 2 days later an email was received. Then the next day the $5000 came up into our account.
Happy with this outcome as I was very worried going into this.

Rosemary
RosemaryPerth, WA

Scam - refusing to return $2500 bond

Do not use this company or the new owners "Explore 4WD Hire" - explore4wdhire.com.au - they took our $2500 bond and keep giving us the run around saying that it is with their accounts and it will be refunded but it never is. Now they are not responding to our emails or our calls. Extremely unprofessional stealing money from people! Especially at a time like this!

Chris P.

SCAM and SHONKY - I hope others read this email before renting. Bond not returned

Nam
NamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Consider other options

PhilGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Security bond problem > solved

Update:
We tried to reach the company via the old website and phone number which seem not to exist anymore. Thanks to this website here I got I. Contact with another actual customer and got the new website.
Today I got my bond back in our account.
Will have an eye on my credit card if there are any further charges and update my experience here.

We paid a security bond of 1.500 $. 4WDHire has not paid the money back yet. Expect the money as soon as possible, otherwise we will take all possible legal actions.

Disappeared with our money

They sold business as we were on our vacation. As we returned the car we've been assured, everything was well. After a few days I wrote them a friendly reminder but they just sent me over to the liquidator, telling me they are "a whole new company".
Phoenixing failed, as they completely disappeared. Their website has been taken off and all their email addresses aren't reachable anymore.

Read more reviews - page 2

N Jacobs
N Jacobsasked

what is their new email adress or website?

im still owed 1500 in bond..

Hans
Hans

You'll find all new contact information on www.explore4wdhire.com.au
I really hope this helps you and others, but i may doubt it.

Chris P.

They are off the charts these guys! Trading insolvent !

Hi,
Check out the page Hans mentioned.
Hope it helps. It seems also pending on when you hired / payed bond and to which account.

Conor O.
Conor O.asked

Is this company still operating, ProductReview appears to think you are not? Your website is offline, your email address doesnt work but you are still posting 5 star reviews but not answering customer questions?

Lee F.
Lee F.

The company changed its website to Explore4wdhire.com.au. As of today the phone number is disconnected. I rang to ask them about my deposit return. The ABN is the same, 638025911. The ASIC website shows the owner as Mahesh Thakur. The registered address is '1605', 530 Little Collins Street, Melbourne which is a mens tailor who knows nothing about the business. Product Review is doing a disservice allowing these 5 star ratings through given the overwhelming evidence that the company is not trading and owes over $300,000 in bond payments to customers.

Loris R.
Loris R.

They have been missing for a month and a half now. Completely disappeared. No answers to multiple emails, calls. They are holding 1800$ which was suppose to be held as a credit because of covid but I don't think we will see them anymore. Absolutely shocking scam service. I don't know how they are still taking customers on board. They removed also their Facebook and Instagram accounts.

Annie McDonnell
Annie McDonnellasked

Is your company still running as I have booked a car in Broome in May and paid a deposit..
Annie

Jackandzoe
Jackandzoe

Have you tried contacting the agent in Broome to see what they say?

Janina G.

I would honestly try to get your money back and rent off a different company.

Janina G.

Don’t pay them a further cent
The new company is corrupt and Probly a family member from previous owner
They have ripped off countless people
They owe us over 8 k