Avanti Food Mincer

Avanti Food Mincer

Aluminium in the mince

I bought one. It was cheap. Should have known better. First time I used it the rotor deflected onto the inside of the barrel and shaved off aluminium.
Should have taken it back, but so disgusted with it and with myself for buying it, I just threw it in the metal recyclers.

Rusted after a few hours

I bought this today and when I opened the box I noticed the mincing holes were not cut properly and still had shavings all through them, I tried to clean it which made no difference so I had to use a skewer and poke the holes through each one and try and get the metal out.

After I had finished using it and removing the metal shavings from my food,I washed it up and noticed a few hours later that the blades and the mincing dies had started to rust...

I ended up with metal filings in my baby food

I washed the product before use, put it together and minced some fish for my baby. Thankfully I noticed the metal filings in the mince before I cooked it and gave it to my baby. The metal plate that the food gets pushed through wasn't bored properly so metal shavings will come loose over time as you mince. Very disappointing. And dangerous, particularly for an 8 month old child!
Minced well.
Metal filings came loose and ended up in the mince. Can't buy in store.