Baccarat IconiX

Baccarat IconiX

See the Best Cookware & Fryware Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Baccarat

• Hot Handles While Cooking Yes (0) · No (6)
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (5) · No (0)
  • Non-Stick Longevity
  • Non-Stick Quality

Eric in Sydney
Eric in Sydney

Delivered on Quality as promised !!

We upgraded our kitchen 5 months ago and had to buy induction cooktop friendly pots and pans. After shopping around a lot, we invested in the Baccarat Iconix 10 piece set. After 5 months, I can say they are super solid, don't discolour, are easy to scrub, come in good sizes, look great and the glass lids make cooking easier. They work great on the induction cooktop. They really delivered on their promised quality. The only possible downside is they may be TOO heavy if you struggle with hand or arm weakness issues. Probably better to go with a more light weight aluminum non-stick pot set if this is the case.

Purchased in April 2021 at Robins Kitchen for $400.00.

not happy

Most of my cookware is Baccarat, which I have had for many years, and perfectly happy with it. But I recently bought 2 fry pans, and I have been disappointed. They discolour on high heat, and this can't be remedied. The non stick is not so non stick. The quality has deteriorated but the price is still the same. The wok also can't handle high heat

TyagitaSydney, NSW

Great pan for everyday use

Bought the wok because we dont want to use the non stick anymore.
It works perfectly, well distributed and quick heat. The wok is quite light, but the glass lid is heavy.
Got heavy burnt stain and discolouration on the first use. Was really hard to clean. But after some easy trick with boiled water & vinegar, and a nice scrub from stainless steel cleaner powder, turned out good as new. Really satisfied with this purchase.

Non-Stick Quality
Hot Handles While Cooking No
Even Heat DistributionYes
Tin
TinSydney, NSW

Discolouration in the first use

Terrible, Terrible purchase.

I have purchased most of my cookware from Baccarat so far I am so happy with some of them, expect for one!

The Wok! Ok so I know I’m not a chef but I can definitely cook.

So for stainless steel pans/ wok! I know I have to heat it first, then make sure the oil is hot as well for it not to stick. Well sticking is not the problem.

To my dismay after 2 use, it has a kind of brownish discolouration. Not really impressed! Compared to kmart pans, which is far better than this one. So please save your self from waisting your money.

If you can read this review! Stop and find a next one

Purchased at Catch for $79.00.

Wayne CarvethSydney, NSW

This is a very nice well made pan

I bought the 32cm x 9cm wok. It looks heavy & weighs 1.36kg but with a big handle & lip handle on the other side it is easy to use. The glass lid is surprisingly heavy at 1.23kg. I really like the construction that uses rivets rather than spot welds. The handle stayed cool & the wok was easy to clean because I soaked it while we were eating the stir-fry that I cooked with fairly high heat. The wok looks as if it will last forever because there is no coating to wear off. The lid might break if I dropped it on the slate floor so I will have to be careful.

Purchased in March 2021 at House on Broadway NSW for $100.00.

Peter B18Perth

Terrific !

Bought 2 IconiX Frying pans second hand on G**tree. Fantastic! Once I learned to heat pan first, then oil, then food I have never had a problem with burnt on food. Easy to clean (soak while you eat).
Only problem: Gas stove often too hot, even on lowest setting! I'll have to get a cooking mat!

Purchased in March 2018 at Gumtree.

Angela
AngelaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Stainless Steel Appliances

I bought the 3-tiered steamer and pot not long ago and use them on a weekly basis. The water heats up quite quick and the food doesn’t stick on the bottom. Very easy to clean and comes out great in the dishwasher. Can’t fault it

Purchased in August 2018 at House.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Good product - lids get too hot to hold

The pots are actually pretty good. They heat up quickly on induction. It’s just the lids. They get too hot to hold which makes them useless for kids to use. Spoke to the dealer and they said don’t use them 6...

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Jay Jay
Jay JayLady Barron

Welcome to our home

After only a couple of weeks these saucepans are indispensable. Beautiful to look at, cook perfectly and a breeze to clean. We bought the set on Ebay, listed at $399.99 and got an extra $20 Ebay code reduction. How good does it get?

Still on trial

I am unhappy as the saucepans have developed white spots on the base of the pan and one is browning on m 9ne side of tbe inside vase of the pan.looks like rust. I love the pans just concerned i have not got quite the right product i was after.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Mishie
MishieSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Great set of saucepans.

Love this Baccarat IconiX saucepan set
Bought them on sale at Robins Kitchen so was a very good buy
Have an assortment of sizes that are great to cook with, easy to clean
came with frypan and baking dish
Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
NotHappyJan
NotHappyJanMorayfield

I would never buy this again - 0 out of 10. Don't waste your money.

This product is poorly designed. None of the lids are interchangeable so only one lid fits on one and only one pan. The pans are are not stackable so they take up a huge amount of space in the kitchen. I regret purchasing this set of pans so much that after having them for a few months I decided to get online and let people know that they are a waste of money and kitchen space. Look for something else that has lids that can fit on more than one pan and the pots can be stacked. If you loose a lid you will have to throw the pan away or try to replace the exact lid.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
tuitamo
tuitamoCranbourne, Victoria

Baccarat iconiX

This is just a follow up on my previous review http://www.productreview.com.au/r/baccarat-bio/1198727.html .

I just wanted to write and say the replacement saucepans (of my choice) are fantastic.

It was somewhat of a 'process' getting them but I could not be happier. I have used just about all the pieces from the 10 piece set and can not say anything negative.

These saucepans are Impact Bonded with a 5mm aluminum base, giving you an excellent heat dispersion. Really good but have a read for yourself http://www.meyer.hk/modules/content/item.php?itemid=21

When investing in a good set of saucepans, research, research and do more research and make sure you keep all your receipts for all purchased ... just in case.

SandyFigsasked

Which is better? Baccarat or Scanpan?

Wendy Jones

the older Baccarat cookware I have is fantastic, but as I am starting to replace it, I find the newer Baccarat IconiX is not of the same quality. It marks really easily and not able to be removed, and not as non stick. The Scanpan frypans I have I cannot fault

SandyFigs

Thank you. This has made my decision a lot easier to make now.

Matisse A.
Matisse A.asked

Inevitably they have oil burn marks.. any idea how to get rid of these ? Can I use easy off bam? A scoured isn’t cutting it

Wayne Carveth

I don't know that product you used but I used Essteele Stainless & Copper Cleaner with a moist paper towel & got a shiny finish. I don't know if it's still available. I learned that you never turn the gas up high even if you want fierce cooking. If the flame stays on the thick part of the pan, you don't get scorching. If you want a lot of heat let the pan get real hot with a moderate flame before you put your stuff in.

Tyagita

I use 'bar keepers friend' from Woolies. Works perfectly. Apply enough oil into inner wall and base of the pan and let them hot before adding the food also help reduce the burn marks.

P. M.asked

Have not used stainless steel pots & pans before. Am interested in the IconiX 28cm sautepan and the IconiX 24cm stockpot, but as I prefer slow cooking over a low to medium heat, and have a gas stove, I was wondering if the IconiX stainless steel pots & pans are suitable for that? Heard that high heat is required for stainless steel otherwise food sticking is an issue.

Peter B18

I got my first IconiX pan off gumtree. Guy selling it said food kept sticking. Took it home, researched it and found it was in the method.
I heat the pan, then add oil (I use grape seed oil - very little added flavour). When oil is hot (flick a couple of drops of water in, when they sizzle and pop it’s ready), add food.
As soon as you’ve plated the food cover pan with water and stand until ready to wash. Dish brush should move most muck, but stainless steel pad will get rid of any stubborn bits.
I have since bought a set of IconiX pots and a smaller pan.
Oh, gas is fine, the base bonding spreads the heat well. I also have one of those enamelled steel heat diffuser plates to really lower the heat (I like my steak cooked very slowly on low heat)

P. M.

Thanks - really appreciate your help.

KTkelly
KTkelly

Your comment on the method was helpful. I’m a little worried about stir frying with stainless steel over non-stick cookware.

Get an answer from our members and Baccarat representatives