Baccarat IconiX

Baccarat IconiX

• Hot Handles While Cooking Yes (0) · No (2)
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (2) · No (0)
  • Non-Stick Longevity
  • Non-Stick Quality

Peter B18Perth

Terrific !

Bought 2 IconiX Frying pans second hand on G**tree. Fantastic! Once I learned to heat pan first, then oil, then food I have never had a problem with burnt on food. Easy to clean (soak while you eat).
Only problem: Gas stove often too hot, even on lowest setting! I'll have to get a cooking mat!

Purchased in March 2018 at Gumtree.

Non-Stick Quality
Hot Handles While CookingNo
Even Heat DistributionYes
Angela

AngelaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Stainless Steel Appliances

I bought the 3-tiered steamer and pot not long ago and use them on a weekly basis. The water heats up quite quick and the food doesn’t stick on the bottom. Very easy to clean and comes out great in the dishwasher. Can’t fault it

Purchased in August 2018 at House.

Non-Stick Quality
Hot Handles While CookingNo
Even Heat DistributionYes
Non-Stick LongevityStill Works

Good product - lids get too hot to hold

The pots are actually pretty good. They heat up quickly on induction. It’s just the lids. They get too hot to hold which makes them useless for kids to use. Spoke to the dealer and they said don’t use them 6...

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Jay Jay

Jay JayLady Barron

Welcome to our home

After only a couple of weeks these saucepans are indispensable. Beautiful to look at, cook perfectly and a breeze to clean. We bought the set on Ebay, listed at $399.99 and got an extra $20 Ebay code reduction. How good does it get?

Still on trial

I am unhappy as the saucepans have developed white spots on the base of the pan and one is browning on m 9ne side of tbe inside vase of the pan.looks like rust. I love the pans just concerned i have not got quite the right product i was after.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Mishie

MishieSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Great set of saucepans.

Love this Baccarat IconiX saucepan set
Bought them on sale at Robins Kitchen so was a very good buy
Have an assortment of sizes that are great to cook with, easy to clean
came with frypan and baking dish
Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
NotHappyJan

NotHappyJanMorayfield

I would never buy this again - 0 out of 10. Don't waste your money.

This product is poorly designed. None of the lids are interchangeable so only one lid fits on one and only one pan. The pans are are not stackable so they take up a huge amount of space in the kitchen. I regret purchasing this set of pans so much that after having them for a few months I decided to get online and let people know that they are a waste of money and kitchen space. Look for something else that has lids that can fit on more than one pan and the pots can be stacked. If you loose a lid you will have to throw the pan away or try to replace the exact lid.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Cookware & Fryware Products

Find out how Baccarat IconiX compares to other Cookware & Fryware Products

tuitamo

tuitamoCranbourne, Victoria

Baccarat iconiX

This is just a follow up on my previous review http://www.productreview.com.au/r/baccarat-bio/1198727.html .

I just wanted to write and say the replacement saucepans (of my choice) are fantastic.

It was somewhat of a 'process' getting them but I could not be happier. I have used just about all the pieces from the 10 piece set and can not say anything negative.

These saucepans are Impact Bonded with a 5mm aluminum base, giving you an excellent heat dispersion. Really good but have a read for yourself http://www.meyer.hk/modules/content/item.php?itemid=21

When investing in a good set of saucepans, research, research and do more research and make sure you keep all your receipts for all purchased ... just in case.

P. M.asked

Have not used stainless steel pots & pans before. Am interested in the IconiX 28cm sautepan and the IconiX 24cm stockpot, but as I prefer slow cooking over a low to medium heat, and have a gas stove, I was wondering if the IconiX stainless steel pots & pans are suitable for that? Heard that high heat is required for stainless steel otherwise food sticking is an issue.

Peter B18

I got my first IconiX pan off gumtree. Guy selling it said food kept sticking. Took it home, researched it and found it was in the method.
I heat the pan, then add oil (I use grape seed oil - very little added flavour). When oil is hot (flick a couple of drops of water in, when they sizzle and pop it’s ready), add food.
As soon as you’ve plated the food cover pan with water and stand until ready to wash. Dish brush should move most muck, but stainless steel pad will get rid of any stubborn bits.
I have since bought a set of IconiX pots and a smaller pan.
Oh, gas is fine, the base bonding spreads the heat well. I also have one of those enamelled steel heat diffuser plates to really lower the heat (I like my steak cooked very slowly on low heat)

P. M.

Thanks - really appreciate your help.

Kim I.asked

Are the induction Stainless steel version over proof?

Peter B18

I imagine you are asking if the IconiX pots and pans are oven proof.
There is no reason why not, save that they all have longish handles which might inhibit space in the oven

Thanks for your reply.
I can confirm they are as I needed to place it in the oven. My concern was if it would effect the induction system. I can confirm that it did not. So all good!

Bellaasked

Why does my pot appear damaged and pitted after one use? It was not burned or cleaned harshly. It was used to make potato soup. This is the worst cookware l have ever come across. I’m stunned, Kmart preforms better. Please tell me that it’s faulty...

Bella

Since writing this on closer inspection there are spots on the surface of my fry pan and unused pot. Will be returning these

Peter B18

Yeah, sounds like a manufacturing fault. I recently bought a whole new set of IconiX saucepans (only had frying pans up till now). No problems with them.
I’d suggest that you never clean them with Jif or other pastes. They are made using pumice as the abrasive component and will scratch the pot surfaces. The “harshest” I use is a stainless steel wool pad + detergent

Bella

Agree l never use that just washing up soap daughter did use a sponge with green back scourer on the fry pan but not the pot. I think it could be air pockets during the final firing/sealing. I think l was just really disappointed but l am following up for a replacement

Get an answer from our members and Baccarat representatives