Beyonwiz DP-Lite

Beyonwiz DP-Lite

See the Best Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Beyonwiz? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.3
  • Recording Quality
  • Software
  • Reliability
Sally Morrison
Sally MorrisonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it , has lasted 10 years and still going strong.

As in title, and the ability to record one and watch another program is so handy. We have a 1 tb USB plugged to archive our faves in personalised folders thus making more space on the beyonwiz.

Purchased in February 2010 at JB Hi-Fi.

Mango85Brisbane

Good Entry Level PVR

Picked up a refurbished one for $99 and love it, never used a PVR before and it is easy to use and for $99 great value for money. 500G hd is quite sizable and holds alot of viewing. I also found it quite easy to hook it up to a pc and play shows from the pc and also to copy shows from the unit to the pc.

My best buy of 2012 by a long shot!
Cheap, Easy to use, Good sized HD
Blue LED is quite bright, sometimes recording 2 channels isnt enough

Worst thing i ever baught

i baught the ; Strong Tech recorder 2010, lasted2 months, up dated to a $478 beyonwiz from. the good guys, lasted 9 months , would not replace it only repair, under warranty, lasted 17 months. now its froze on one channel and does not respond to remote at all . waisted $478 what do have to do to get restitution

Froze on one channel

It's not suitable for the purpose you bought it for. You're entitled to a full refund.

Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

Find out how Beyonwiz DP-Lite compares to other Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

keith boageymelbourne

Disappointing for the price

Very poor remote - the stop/play are the smallest on the remote and difficult to access ecpecially in the dark. The unit had issues with some recordings - not allowing me to delete them or play them resulting in the unit continuously checking the hard drive.. The unit also had problems playing files it is suppose to support. The unit has no back up for any power failures so you have to re set the clock etc hence if the power re connects the unit does not record until the clock is re set. Thankfully the unit has stopped operating totally - it powers up but nothing else - i won't be getting it fixed.

Alan16
Alan16Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good

JJDisco
JJDiscoCanberra 2600, ACT

Great entry pvr with more features than most would probably need. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone else.
Simple to use and great online support for the more advanced features. Great EPG especially if connected with ICETV. The dual tuner means you can watch 1 programme and record two others which we do use occasionally. Can easily stream music and movies from the computer, or from a usb drive (ours is 500mb and works without a hitch).
Remote is pretty rubbish, but we use the Logitech Harmony One so it's of no concern for us. Photos are played very poorly - large lag times between images.

roboberowra
roboberowraAU

Good

I also found the remote clumsy and now use a Logitech Harmony.
I miss the front display from my previous PVR which gave channel and time.
Apart from that the unit performs well and is easy to use.
Easy to use
Clumsy remote and no display

cbath1
cbath1AU

Does everything I need

I bought this to replace Foxtel. So leaving channel choice aside, I have found it a useful PVR that does what I need it to do.

I have used the USB connection to watch TV and movies from and external drive and streamed movies from my PC (sometimes this is a little slow with my set up, but it does work).

While I haven't found it very intuitive to use, the manual is good, once you find what you're looking for.

I think the IceTV program guide is a must, but after the free trial this is an additional cost.
all the features I expected
the manual could be improved

ian.gilligan
ian.gilliganBRISBANE

Worst electronic product I have ever owned.

Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

Find out how Beyonwiz DP-Lite compares to other Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

judy
judyasked

how do I buy a remote

keith boagey

Sorry judy I have no idea. Maybe a learning remote is the way to do

Annie
Annieasked

Am I able to play a recorded program through my laptop and burn it to DVD?

Mango85

Annie, you can transfer a tv program onto your computer using wizfx as .ts format which plays with windows media player. You can then transfer that file onto a disc/usb/portable HD to play somewhere else. I have transferred files onto USB for a friend so I know that works :). Whether of not that file is able to play on a dvd player would depend on the player I think.

keith boagey

Annie that is a technical question that is beyond my limited knowledge. i think like all the recorders on the market they don't like you burning anything for nothing so i doubt it. If you want to burn stuff buy a dvd recorder player.

CategorySet Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs