Beyonwiz DP-P1 / DP-P2

Beyonwiz DP-P1 / DP-P2 Questions & Answers

DP-P2, DP-P1, DP-P2TB
Brand Manager for Beyonwiz? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

12 questions from our users

Paul S.
Paul S.asked
DP-P1 / DP-P2

I would like to get a firmware upgrade for a DP-P1 but i'm having trouble finding it as i have just purchased one second hand. Any help?

stu
stu

Sorry mate,not sure if it can be done?

heath
heathasked
DP-P2

when I set the machine to record a program, say at 8pm on ABC or SBS it is recording the program after that time.
The machine has been set to daylight saving time so that is not the problem.
at present if I want a particular program I have to record the programs before and after.
Any ideas?
Heather

Bob M.

Hi Heather, I have noticed that the machine often starts recording a program a minute or two after it starts. I work around this by starting the recording time a couple of minutes earlier than the TV guide on the machine indicates. (I also extend the recording time a bit at the end, in case it goes over time - not wanting to miss the endings!). You can easily do this on the Pop-Up Menu (press 'Pop-Up', 'OK', then 'OK' on the remote, & follow the instructions).

Good luck, Bob

Kenny L

Hello. These days, the culprits are usually the TV stations, eg "SEVEN" etc. They now have a habit of starting 10 to 15 minutes after the tv guide scheduled time. Eg...if the tv guide says 7:30 for MKR, they might start at 7:40 PM. I don't know why the TV stations are allowed to do this, since I believe that the tv guide time needs to be followed closely, since it should be like arrival/departure times of bus and trains and planes. Needs to be accurate and followed.

There is a feature of the dp-p2 called 'padding'. So, in the user manual, look for the padding feature (in advanced setup), and in particular, look for 'pre-padding', which is an amount of time that you can include..... which is an amount of time to automatically start recording before the 'tv guide time'.

Wenno
Wennoasked

I have a DP-P2 it's showing error0000 how can I fix it

Bob M.

Sorry, can't help you, I have never had this error message on my DP-P2.

Kenny L

Most likely failed capacitors on the power supply circuit board. If somebody can take a look at the power supply and identify the failure there, then it should be possible to solve this issue. Basically, repair the power supply, and all should be ok.

wombatini
wombatini

Hi, This problem will show up when the electrolytic capacitors in the switchmode power supply become faulty. If you are electronically inclined it is an easy and relatively cheap fix, BUT you must know what you are doing otherwise you could damage it or worse still - kill yourself. This is a well known problem - not only Beyonwiz but others as well. Who ever you get to repair it tell them you want low ESR capacitors rated at 105 degrees C and a good brand such as Panasonic or Nichicon.
Cheers,
Peter.

Terri Paschini
Terri Paschiniasked
DP-P1 / DP-P2

Do you have anyone that comes out to fix them? Ours has always worked fine but somehow a button has been pressed and we cannot see it on our tv anymore We live in Western Australia Not sure what model it is we have had it for about 5 years

Bob M.

Hi Terri, I have no info on the servicing of these products - best check the internet for relevant service options.

Ericasked
DP-P1 / DP-P2

I have a Beyonwiz FV-L1 and after it had been switched off for a couple of days and after I switched it back on, the front panel said "E-DRAM ERROR" and will not "fire up". Is there anything I can do to get it working again or at least some way of retrieving all my previous recordings? I hope someone can help. Thank you.

Denielle
Denielle

You can go to Beyonwiz forums or Whirlpool forums and send Warkus a private message.... He is the Beyonwiz expert on Whirlpool forums

Eric

Thanks for the quick reply Denielle, I'll try Warkus.

Bob M.

Can't help you with this query, Eric, I have never had this occur with my Beyonwiz.

steve bradshaw
steve bradshawasked
DP-P2

After a power failure or turning off the DP-P2, the EPG doesn't display all of the broadcasting channels. Can anyone help?

Derek Apparicio

Just leave it for a while and it should refresh by itself.

Dave Russell
Dave Russellasked
DP-P1

I have a Beyonwiz DP-P1 & would like to export recorded program's, what is the best way to do this, can I put them on a USB?

Plug in your USB device. Go to set up on the Beyonwiz and format the USB device to suit the Beyonwiz. Call up the program in the program list. Push the "popup" button on the remote. From the choices, pick copy to USB. Copy rather than move incase anything goes wrong. Follow the promps at the bottom of the screen. Plug the Usb into another Beyonwiz or an Apple device and either watch from the USB or transfer onto the second machine .

Shirley Atkins
Shirley Atkinsasked
DP-P1 / DP-P2

I cannot get my DP-2P to change channels or show picture it shows ERROR 2000 what does this mean can someone help. I am a senior and only have a limited amount of knowledge of these things. I have tried everything I can to no avail.
Shirley

Hi Shirley. I'd suggest that the first thing to try is to unplug the unit from the power point for about a minute and plug it back in. If that doesn't clear the problem, please go to the BeyonWiz website's FAQ area at http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/faqs.php and see if there's any information about your problem there. If you're still stuck, contact BeyonWiz and get their advice. Contact info is at http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/contact-us.php

I hope you'll get your problem fixed very soon. Good luck. :)

Derek Apparicio

If unplugging and cycling does not work go onto Beyonwiz website and send an email with the error code and they can tell you what it is, I searched and couldn't find anything

bob potts
bob pottsasked
DP-P1 / DP-P2

Subtitle problem with film via usb, when i use the subtitle button a list of languages does not appear but the window including subtitles off comes up and does not allow me to use the down control?

I dunno. I'd suggest that you go to the forum area of the BeyonWiz website and put your question there. It seems to be full of people who know all about these machines. The URL (which I've shortened for convenience) is: http://tinyurl.com/o4q4okq Good luck.

Thomas Barnes
Thomas Barnesasked
DP-P1 / DP-P2

I have a DP-P2 2tb. I have had it for about 3 months but only installed for two. It has worked fine until almost every second day the HD needed formating, losing all recordings. Now when I turn it on it says HD needs to be initialized. I press yes and the next window says HD initializing failed. All my programs are still there to be taped but nothing happens. Live TV cannot be paused. Has the HD crapped itself or what other way can I get this thing back to working. Thomas

SouthPark
SouthPark

Yeah mate. It sounds like a hardware issue. Hard to say right now whether the hard drive is the issue, or the rest of the system is the issue. One way to test would be to remove the hard drive and connect to a computer, and run seagate seatools (cd bootable version) and do a 'long test'. If the long test reports errors, then the hard drive has the problem - most likely. If not, then the issue will be some other hardware part within the dp-p2.

Nick2044
Nick2044asked
DP-P1 / DP-P2

Hi I was just wanting to know if the dp-p2 has any copy write protection stopping you from putting your dvd's onto the hard drive via the av input? I think the LG and Panasonic do. Cheers.

Scott F

Hi there - I think that copy protection is built into the DVDs, and they need to be "ripped" into a common format like mp3 before putting onto the Beyonwiz. However, I have not done this so can't really help. Have a look on the Beyonwiz forum at http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/phpbb2/. There is heaps of help available there from fellow 'Wiz users, and someone will no doubt have the answer.

tassie72
tassie72asked
DP-P1 / DP-P2

I have beyonwiz PVR 1 but I tape some tv recordings but it wont let me cut the adds out of the one that I have taped or let me transfer it to the USB. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Scott F

Hi there - I use the yellow button (marked A-B) on the remote to mark the start and end of the ads, then the Pop-up button to "Delete A-B only" to remove the ads. Works beautifully. If this does not work for you, have a look on the Beyonwiz forum at http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/phpbb2/. There is heaps of help available there from fellow 'Wiz users, and someone may have experienced a similar issue to yours and had it answered. Good luck.

Beyonwiz DP-P1 / DP-P2