4.0 from 1 review

See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

No corners trimmed on this

The Black & Decker 18v Li Ion Pole trimmer does a great job trimming tallish hedges with out the risk of using ladders. Being cordless, it is much easier to use and walk around without the hindrance of a cord. This unit has plenty of power, in fact more than a corded Ryobi trimmer I used to own and it zips through foliage up to around 1 cm in thickness. The head rotates to different angles and can rotate 90 degrees to the pole for trimming the tops of hedges. I used it on a hedge around 3-4 metres high with no difficulties. It is easy to use and I am surprised by the quality. I always thought B&D was low grade, low quality junk. Definitely not the case, it is really robust, the parts fit together really well and it is just a well designed piece of kit. Being on a pole, this probably isn't the trimmer for low hedges, etc. but you could probably get by with it. It only comes with one battery and a slow charger. It takes around 3 hours to charge and I found I got around 25 minutes running time. A second battery would be handy but a quick charger even more so. These are available from Kogan. The battery and charge time is why I gave 4 stars and not 5. It is so easy and quick to use that I find I trim more regularly, rather than waiting till I can't bear it any longer. For what it is worth, B&D is owned by Stanley. The battery is almost identical to a Fatmax 18v battery I have. A small trim and I can charge the B&D in my Stanley quick charger (1 hour).

Date PurchasedOct 2016