Ryobi OHT1851R

Ryobi OHT1851R

See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

4.9
    Barry lane
    Barry laneSydney, NSW

So easy to clip on a battery and away you go.
    It’s a shame the Australian model does not have the hedge sweeper.
    The rotating handle works well, lightweight and reasonably quiet.

Purchased in February 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $169.00.

FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!

An amazing tool which is easy to use and hold. Glids through hedge with ease, It really makes my garden jobs easy and quick to do!
    DO NOT HESITATE TO BUY ONE. Just love it!!!

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

Dom
    DomSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrific. Same power as the corded models.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $169.00.

Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Ryobi OHT1851R compares to other Hedge Trimmers

A MuldoonHunter Region, NSW

An excellent garden tool

I have an old model OHT 1850, 10 years old. It is used to trim a large hedge (over 40 m) every 2-4 weeks in summer and 4-5 weeks in winter. I also have several large shrubs that have to be maintained. The trimmer gets through lots of work and has never failed. Any garden tool that has lasted this long and has done so much work without fail is to be highly recommended. If and when it finally fails, I will not hesitate to buy another Ryobi

Purchased in November 2010 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Michael P.

A powerful and easy trimmer to use

I bought my Ryobi cordless hedge trimmer OHT 185 1R in 2017 from Bunnings. It is used intensively and has never let me down. It will cut through branches up to the size of the cutter bar. It is important to oil the cutter bar after every use, using SAE 30-40 engine oil. CRC or RP7 is to light!!. A great investment for the garden. My wife loves to use it on her box hedge.

Purchased in February 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $149.00.

aceraceQld, 4521

Hard to beat

The hedge trimmer has been a great addition .Battery power ie NO LEADS My wife loves this thing ,it does in minutes that took ages. Saves me doing it!!! My son has one too.

Purchased at Auction for $51.00.

AnnaBrisbane

Best hedge trimmer

I do my own hedges and also others in the family. This is such a great hedge trimmer.
    The long blade ensures I can reach across and makes it easier to get a straight cut. It is not too heavy for me to handle. I have owned it a year and use it fortnightly and it is still cutting well. I am unsure of what to do if the blades dull, are they able to be sharpened? A question I didnt think to ask and get answered before I bought it.

Purchased in March 2018.

Paulk
    PaulkSydney

Changed from petrol to battery after 15 years as a lot of my trimming is done on a ladder. Much lighter, quieter and easier to use. The twist grip is handy. Feels just as powerful as the petrol. I already had a 2.5amp battery and bought a 2nd one for this trimmer which I have needed due to the amount of hedges I have. The charge lasts a while so you may be happy with one.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Karl
    KarlSydney

Plenty of grunt

I was hesitant in buying a battery powered hedge trimmer. I convinced myself that I needed petrol or electric to get through my hedges. But the guy at bunnings suggested I try the ryobi one plus. The weight alone was enough to convince me to go with the ryobi. So much lighter than the petrol and electric. I still wasn’t sure it was going to power through the hedges but it more than handled it and battery life is great.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Date PurchasedOct 2017
    Pat D
    Pat DTaree

Delighted

I have a big garden with much trimming required. When I bought the place I started with manual trimming, impossible task. I then tried a corded power trimmer, found this dangerous and inconvenient. Next step was motorised hedge trimmer - this worked well but was much too heavy for me. In desperation I bought this product - at last I found a solution, it cuts great, is lightweight and easy to adjust. I bought a 2.5 ah battery for it and find this lasts multiple uses, never have run out of juice when starting with a full battery.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
    DeniseS
    DeniseSLaunceston

Fantastic - A back saving device

Gazajr
    GazajrGladstone

What a great piece of kit.

Charles
    CharlesAdelaide

Massive step up from last model

I was given one of these by Bunnings as a warranty replacement for the last model which the handle broke on.

This thing is excellent. I go looking for things to hedge now. It has a protector on the end on the cutter that protects it when you get low along paths etc, it has a handle that rotates to different angles which makes it a lot easier to use and the switches to make it go (two points of contact) do not require herculean strength to keep it going.

Great product development and a 2yr warranty which has just restarted for me.

Jeff Tasked

Can I use Ryobi 18V ONE+ 2.5Ah 55cm Hedge Trimmer one handed or should I use a different model for grass plants which need a spare hand to hold the plant

A Muldoon

Ryobi hedge trimmers require a two handed operation. This is a safety feature with two interlocking triggers.This is to prevent a nasty accident if the cutter bar got out of control. Beside that, the weight is too much for one handed operation, unlike the small light weight unit designed for one handed use.

A Muldoon is 100%

daveasked

why is ryobi pole hedge trimmer with battery kit ($169) cheaper than ryobi one+ pole hedge trimmer without battery and charger ($199) ?

acerace

How would anyone know.I will be up all night worrying!!!

dave

I expect there are people around who know more than you but I wouldn't worry about that too much it could harm your tiny brain. If you don't know the answer don't try to provide one.

aldo
    aldoasked

need something that will trim my old lavender edge

acerace

Hedge trimmer does our lavender easily. As long as stems are not too thick,

Anna

My hedger does my Lilypilly and Mariah hedges with no issues.

Michael P.

If the stems fit between the cutters it should do the job well.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryHedge Trimmers