Stihl HLA 65

Stihl HLA 65

Battery works a treat

Purchased the HLA 65 along with the battery belt to use in place of my Petrol Kombi Hedge Trimmer. Being a contractor I was somewhat hesitant about its performance, but I have been pleasantly surprised with its power, it stands up to work and with the AP300 battery I am able to get 2 full complexes trimmed (approx 3hrs of trimming) out of a single charge. I purchased this for weight as my elbows have been suffering with my petrol trimmers and even with the battery in this is an awesome unit. Highly recommend anyone thinking about moving to battery to do it

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Electric surprisingly good

Bought this to trim bottlebrush shrubs and it does a good job. I use the AP300 battery and it did 3 trees plus a hibiscus tree before running out of charge. The charger takes a fair while to charge. I bought the still brand lubricant and find it makes a good smell and stops the cutter from rusting.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Love the product but don't bother purchasing the carry bag.

The Stihl HLA65 is fantastic, I have no complaints with it however, don't bother purchasing the Carry Bag ($80.00). Having purchased a Stihl carry bag as listed on page 73 of the current Stihl catalogue and as recommended as a carry bag suitable for a HLA65 we now find this tool does not actually fit in the bag. Very disappointing.

Date PurchasedMar 2017