Stihl HLA 65

Stihl HLA 65

4.1

Never spent this much on a tool, but

Purchased in May 2020.

speed

speedAU

Really really good.

Been a gardening contractor for 21 years. Used all sorts of petrol hedge trimmers from Stihl to Honda.

But this one is the best. Well built, well weighted, great cut. The extending pole is terrific.

Was talked into paying a bit more for the AP300S battery, but it was worth it. Really easy to use, very little maintenance, quiet and powerful. Dispelled my reservations about battery powered equipment.

Don't be put off by the seemingly high price of the components. Combined (trimmer, battery, charger), are still cheaper than the petrol equivalent.

Purchased in May 2020 at Artarmon Mowers for A$975.00.

RandallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best tool I own

I have used this hedger for 2 years now. It is perfect. It cost more then the budget machines I have owned but it is in a different class. The blades are still very efficient after a couple of years of domestic use. It has a good reach but not so long that it is difficult to manage like one of my previous machines. It is well balanced which also makes it easy to use. It is battery powered -no noise, no fumes, no holding your tongue in the right part of your mouth. I am 'all battery' now (all Stihl) and absolutely happy with that.

Purchased in March 2017.

Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Stihl HLA 65 compares to other Hedge Trimmers

Robert

Robert

The hedge trimmer is good, quiet with no fumes, AP 180 battery is of poor quality

Purchased in March 2015.

SnSFITZ

SnSFITZSafety Bay

Battery works a treat

Purchased the HLA 65 along with the battery belt to use in place of my Petrol Kombi Hedge Trimmer. Being a contractor I was somewhat hesitant about its performance, but I have been pleasantly surprised with its power, it stands up to work and with the AP300 battery I am able to get 2 full complexes trimmed (approx 3hrs of trimming) out of a single charge. I purchased this for weight as my elbows have been suffering with my petrol trimmers and even with the battery in this is an awesome unit. Highly recommend anyone thinking about moving to battery to do it

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Jimbo

JimboPerth, WA

Electric surprisingly good

Bought this to trim bottlebrush shrubs and it does a good job. I use the AP300 battery and it did 3 trees plus a hibiscus tree before running out of charge. The charger takes a fair while to charge. I bought the still brand lubricant and find it makes a good smell and stops the cutter from rusting.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sue Bristowe

Sue BristoweMELBOURNE

Love the product but don't bother purchasing the carry bag.

The Stihl HLA65 is fantastic, I have no complaints with it however, don't bother purchasing the Carry Bag ($80.00). Having purchased a Stihl carry bag as listed on page 73 of the current Stihl catalogue and as recommended as a carry bag suitable for a HLA65 we now find this tool does not actually fit in the bag. Very disappointing.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Declan

Declanasked

I have a hla56 Had it about 2 years. It’s been great up to now but it has stopped working. It’s not the battery or the charger as I have spares of these and another machine to try them in. It ran ok then it stopped. Ran again then wouldn’t run at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated please. Thanks

Declan

Declanasked

Graham Gooden

Graham Goodenasked

Does the AK30 battery fit the HLA56 trimmer.

Randall

My machine is the HLA65 which is a different format to the HLA56. I suspect the AK30 would fit the HLA56, but not the HLA65.