Stihl HLA 65

Stihl HLA 65

See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Randall

RandallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best tool I own

I have used this hedger for 2 years now. It is perfect. It cost more then the budget machines I have owned but it is in a different class. The blades are still very efficient after a couple of years of domestic use. It has a good reach but not so long that it is difficult to manage like one of my previous machines. It is well balanced which also makes it easy to use. It is battery powered -no noise, no fumes, no holding your tongue in the right part of your mouth. I am 'all battery' now (all Stihl) and absolutely happy with that.

Purchased in March 2017.

Robert

Robert

The hedge trimmer is good, quiet with no fumes, AP 180 battery is of poor quality

Purchased in March 2015.

SnSFITZ

SnSFITZSafety Bay

Battery works a treat

Purchased the HLA 65 along with the battery belt to use in place of my Petrol Kombi Hedge Trimmer. Being a contractor I was somewhat hesitant about its performance, but I have been pleasantly surprised with its power, it stands up to work and with the AP300 battery I am able to get 2 full complexes trimmed (approx 3hrs of trimming) out of a single charge. I purchased this for weight as my elbows have been suffering with my petrol trimmers and even with the battery in this is an awesome unit. Highly recommend anyone thinking about moving to battery to do it

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Jimbo

JimboPerth, WA

Electric surprisingly good

Bought this to trim bottlebrush shrubs and it does a good job. I use the AP300 battery and it did 3 trees plus a hibiscus tree before running out of charge. The charger takes a fair while to charge. I bought the still brand lubricant and find it makes a good smell and stops the cutter from rusting.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Sue Bristowe

Sue BristoweMELBOURNE

Love the product but don't bother purchasing the carry bag.

The Stihl HLA65 is fantastic, I have no complaints with it however, don't bother purchasing the Carry Bag ($80.00). Having purchased a Stihl carry bag as listed on page 73 of the current Stihl catalogue and as recommended as a carry bag suitable for a HLA65 we now find this tool does not actually fit in the bag. Very disappointing.

Date PurchasedMar 2017