GK1000, LP1000
See the Best Electric Chainsaws in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Black & Decker

Pros

Safer than a typical chainsaw
Lightweight and powerful
Easy oil application

• Safety

Hybridology
HybridologyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Modified to Smallest Chainsaw on the Market

On a ladder cutting the nuts&fronds off a Bangalow Palm, I found half the Alligator to be ideal.
Thank you to B&D for making this possible.
OH&S I guess prevent this from becoming a product.
How about a waist harness you clip to rung above then you could use two hands, is there such a thing ?

Purchased in June 2007 at Bunnings Warehouse for $120.

John B.Perth, WA

THE BEST tool in my shed!!!

Purchased at Mitre 10 for $120.

BobTechMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

It's as good and versatile as the reviews say.

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Exactly what I was looking for to trim limbs and branches

After watching several YouTube videos I tried my new B&D lopper today. Could not have been more pleased! Easy to use, cuts quickly and close to the ground. Actually helps pick limbs up off the ground the ground so you are never digging into the grass or dirt like a chainsaw. Carried the Oiler bottle in my pocket and gave it a shot every now and then and had no issues. I bought the electric version and like that I don’t have to change/charge batteries. Felt very safe using this lopper.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Electric Chainsaws

Find out how Black & Decker Alligator Lopper compares to other Electric Chainsaws

Drew911
Drew911Hills District, Sydney

Excellent Garden Helper

I bought one of these a few years ago as we have palm trees in the back and getting the fronds down to size to fit in our garden waste. This tool does exactly what it says on the box and has never given us any trouble. The only way you could compact garden waste more is a shredder (and then you're limited in diameter).

It could be a bit tiresome to those with a lot to get through, but given the tool's efficiency it's a small price to pay. I can lop some branches within reach, chop them down to size and have a garden waste bin that's actually full.

I would definitely recommend picking up a pair if you have branches to take care of with any sort of regularity.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Kevin C
Kevin C

Brilliant Tool

I bought this 240volt machine from Masters on the advice of my sister. It is a small chainsaw that has been designed to be small enough for the home gardener to use with relative safety. It is absolutely brilliant at doing the job for which it was designed. I use it to cut down and trim tall shrubs ready for shredding in my Ozito shredder. Biggest material I have cut - 100mm.

Black & Decker
Phillippa H.Black & Decker

Alligator chainsaw

I love this tool. I am just a weak female. I regularly use this to cut firewood, pieces large enough for the average fire. My husband never cuts wood. My friends think I'm crazy but I like to be warm. I have owned this alligator for several years. It's the best tool ever. could be with out it. perfect, love it
easy to operate. great as a mini chainsaw

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
King Jessums
King JessumsHobart

Handy, mostly

I like my alligator lopper, the only annoying thing is that every 10 minutes you're supposed to loosen & retighten the 2 screws and add bar oil. If there was a built-in timer it would be easier to make sure I'm doing this frequently enough but having to try to keep track of 10 minutes of usage is a pain. Also, I'm not sure I have the hand strength to retighten the screws as tightly as they're supposed to be. Otherwise, it's very handy.
Safety
Maintenance requirements

Good

This is a great little tool and gets through a lot of work but like a lot of the black and decker stuff it has nylon gear segments which are not robust enough for the job, I would rather pay a bit more and have steel bits that are strong enough to take a little abuse.
very safe,you can cut a branch down and cut it up where it lies. you dont have to drag it about.
electric powered so if you want to use it away at the back of the farm you need a generator.

Electric Chainsaws

Absolutely fantastic saw. Cut down a tree (10" Dia) and proceeded to cut up all the branches. Job was finished in 20 min. Great toy which works like a machine. Better than advetised. I'm wrapped. Looking forward to the next cyclone...
Light in weight, Well known brand, Special price $129.00
Too easy to use.

H.Blaser
H.Blaserasked
Alligator Lopper GK1000

WHERE AVAILABLE ???????

BobTech

I got mine from Amazon.com online, but I see that Dick Smith Electronics sells them too.

Adrian R.
Adrian R.asked
Alligator Lopper

Where do i buy a new bar for my gator?

Rick

Adrian, I am from the US and you can get the Lopper bar from www.partswarehouse.com. The part number is: DWB-587578-00 and costs $52.33US. Good luck.

Wazasked
Alligator Lopper

Anyone had a similar problem? I purchased this saw over ten years ago thought it was the ants pants to begin with, but soon after purchase the charger went kaput. It was replaced as per the warranty, but I also purchased an additional charger and a spare battery because of the down time required waiting for the batteries to be charged. The nic-cad batteries supplied with these saws are woefully inadequate as far as run time is concerned. The original batteries failed to charge within two years so two aftermarket batteries were purchased and are going well. (Go figure). Today however, the 'new' charger I bought back when, failed, although the one replaced on warranty is still going. Chargers and batteries seem to be the problem, but having been made in China, why am I surprised? Lithium-ion aren't made for these saws apparently, but if anyone knows differently please let me know. It's a great little saw only to be let down by it's power supply features.

BobTech

Hi Waz. These reviews are for the GK1000 mains powered version of the Alligator. There don't seem to be any reviews for your battery powered version of it here, where you could put your question. Maybe you could contact Black & Decker directly, or do a web search for reviews of yours. Good luck!

John B.

Waz. i can't help you, but that is why i bought a powered version, which is also lighter.

Waz

Thanks fellas.. I realized my mistake after I'd posted, but thanks for your responses anyway. Seems like I'll end up with a great little tool only to have it sitting there minus a decent power supply.

Get an answer from our members and Black & Decker representatives

Black & Decker Alligator Lopper

Grab and cut branches up to 4 inches thick in one easy, scissor-like motion with Black & Decker’s Alligator loppers. They cut like chainsaws but are lightweight and easy to use. Rugged metal guards cover the tool’s jaws, helping to protect you from its cutting chain and immediately covering its blades when each cut is complete.

Features

• Lopper style dual switch handles
  • Powerful motor
  • Large cutting capacity
  • Easy oil application
  • Easy to use all around the garden
  • Patented jaws protect the user from the cutting chain
  • Works just like a manual lopper but with the power of a chainsaw
  • Revolutionary new cutting tool with chainsaw cutting performance in an easy to use and much less intimidating form
  • Fully enclosed bar and chain
  • This innovative cutting tool makes light work of small branches up to 4" (100mm)
Compare both Black & Decker Alligator Lopper