Black & Decker Dustbuster Flexi

PD1820L, PD1200, PD1200AV, PD1200XE, PD1420LP (14.4V) and 2 more

21 questions from our users

Jose C.

Jose C.asked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1420LP (14.4V)

How does one know if the unit is charging? Is there an indicator light?

Keith J

Keith Jasked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820L

Hi. My PD1820L only runs for 30 seconds and then switches off. If I leave it for a couple of minutes, (without recharging) it runs for another 30 seconds before switching off. It is hardly been used since new, but always cleaned and filters washed,. Please advise?Its 2 years old.
Thanks KJ

David J.

David J.asked

Dustbuster Flexi

PD1200 has no suction, have cleaned filter still no suction, pleas can you assist.

Dawne W.

Dawne W.asked

Dustbuster Flexi

Should I remove my cordless vacuum once the battery is full

Eddie

Eddieasked

Dustbuster Flexi

Power Plug to charging base not working on PD1800EL Can I buy a replacement?

Mark Richard T.

Mark Richard T.asked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820L

How do I remove the battery?

Burnt-Twice
Burnt-Twice

No idea. Why not ring Black n Decker?

Mark Richard T.

Mark Richard T.asked

How do I remove battery

Angie

Angieasked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820L

Hi. My PD1820L has stopped charging. Have checked plug fuse,and its regularly cleaned and filters washed. Not sure what else to do. Its 2 years old

Derek M

Derek Masked

Dustbuster Flexi

Can I buy a replacement battery for my SVA520B-XE , it says it's fully charged but only runs for a minute or two.

Jaex

Jaexasked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1420LP (14.4V)

How long does it take for the battery to fully charge initially?

julie

julieasked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820LF-XE (18V)

I have been using my B&D Dustbuster for about a year now and very happy with it. However, today I could not get the filter compartment open to clean the filter. It seems to have jammed and I don't want to force it too much or it may break. Any suggestions? I have done the obvious i.e. holding down the button and rotating the casing, but it won't budge.

Andrew
Andrew

I've had exactly the same problem, several times in fact! I'm on my 3rd unit after 2 replacements from Amazon, but I've owned it over 2 years so they won't replace it anymore. Without being able to clear the filter it effectively becomes useless as it has no suction at all when the filter is full of dust.

However... I've just managed to get mine open. I detached the hose at the end where it attaches to the main unit. There are a couple of tabs that need pushing in to pull the hose out. I completely failed to do this though, so just used a screwdriver to scrape the tabs flat with the rest of the hose tube (easy as it's soft plastic). Once I removed the hose, the filter compartment rotated again and opened easily. I guess something on the hose was sticking inside? Anyway I just cleaned the filter and it works fine again now. The hose comes out fairly easily now having scraped the tabs flat, but it's not falling out while I'm using it. If it becomes a problem in the future I can just tape it back on, so not a biggy and I can remove it easily in the future. I'll hopefully get a few more years out of the dustbuster now.

Linda

Lindaasked

Dustbuster Flexi

Why does it not pick anything up anymore?

Peter
Peter

Since posting I discovered the cause of the poor suction. The flexible suction tubing is quite narrow. It is easy for dust/lint balls to form and occlude it over time (unlike other larger vacuum tubing). If they form in the middle (which is what happened to me) it is not possible to see it due to the conduit being opaque. To overcome this, it is necessary to shove something along it to dislodge anything which might have formed if suction drops and you have done the usual other maintenance of cleaning the filter etc. Of course, B & D could just choose to make the conduit transparent to enable easy detection and timely cleaning - a pretty obvious design feature which is missing really.

Vicki B

Vicki Basked

Dustbuster Flexi

Hi, I have the B & D dustbuster flexi Lithium 18v. It has worked really well but now won't charge. When it is on the base unit the blue flashes really quickly as opposed to slowly when it is charging. I have left it on the stand and still no charge. What does the fast blue flashing mean?

fanaticcook

i would contact the manufacturer, sounds like a faulty product

Stiggy 1

If you go to www.blackanddecker.co.uk and put in the model number which is PD1820L someone there should be able to answer your question. It sounds like a problem with the Lithium battery.

toosje

toosjeasked

Dustbuster Flexi

how do one take the barrel of my dust buster?

fanaticcook

press button on top, rotate barrel forward and pull out. hope this helps.

Stiggy 1

If above suggestion from fanaticcook does not work contact Black and Decker direct at www.blackanddecker.co.uk and put in the model number which is PD1820L and someone should get back to you from there.

Steve

Steveasked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820LF-XE (18V)

How do you disconnect the nozzle from the pipe? I have tried rotating as indicated, but cannot shift it.

Stiggy 1

There is a small catch which locates in the small dents around the circumference of the nozzle. Press the catch to disengage the nozzle and pull it out.

denis

denisasked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1200XE

I have the PD1200XE and the base unit won't charge - power head charges OK. Probably the battery. Are these replaceable? nb Tried using the website which is impossible. Hoping to get a response via here!

Phillippa H.Black & Decker

Hi Denis, thank you for your question.

Unfortunately the batteries are not replaceable for these products. The best thing to do is return the unit back to the store for assessment.

Please feel free to contact our Service Centre on 1800 654 155 if you have any issues.

Thanks B+D

sten

stenasked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820LF-XE (18V)

how do you clean the filter? not sure I want to run water into the machine like the instruction manual suggests

Phillippa H.Black & Decker

Hi Sten, thank you for your question.

To clean the filter rotate the bowl around 3 times, remove the filter with the handle and empty the canister. From here, the filter can be washed under running water and reused after it has dried. If you are still having issues, please do contact our Service Centre on 1800 654 155 and we can talk you through it.

Thanks B+D

Wal

Walasked

Dustbuster Flexi

After cleaning the bowl, with the switch in the off position the On off switch becomes locked and you cannot oprerate. The manual does not mention ta locking pin which slides across to the main body of the machine. We bought the uinit at Harvey Normans, Nunawading, a couple of days ago and have only had one use. after emptying can no longer power up. The Charging LED indicates it is charging. Model PD 1820L-XE not on the list of models. Please advise. Best regards
Wal

littlewheel
littlewheel

Hi Wal,
I haven't experienced this problem. Have emptied the bowl a few times - was a bit hard to remove last time although put back together again easily. Never had a problem with re-charging after emptying the dust bowl. Your best bet might be to contact Black & Decker directly or take the dust buster back to Harvey Norman for a refund.

Phillippa H.Black & Decker

Hi Wal, we’re sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Dustbuster.

As per littlewheel's recommendation, the best thing to do is return the unit back to Harvey Norman as the store can assess if your unit is faulty. Please do contact our Service Centre team on 1800 654 155, if you have any issues.

Thanks for sharing littlewheel :)

Nicole

Nicoleasked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820L

Hi! How does this handle long hair and is it easy to clean out or does hair get all tangled inside? Thanks!

RickO
RickO

Hi Nicole, If it's your hair it would be fine but for long pet hair you will need something with more grunt and a larger bag container I would think. These units are great for spot cleaning but it has a surprising amount of sucking power and lasts a good 10 to 15 minutes from a full charge. Cleaning is easy by just removing the lid and tapping out the dust but with long hair you may need to pick it out with a knitting needle or similar as it will wrap itself around and possibly into the white filter guard, but periodicaly it's easier to twist the outer container off and pull the filter out to clean properly - I find a soft tooth brush works well to clean out, along and into the filter folds. It's still working great for me. Cheers...Rick.

jolij-pr44447

jolij-pr44447asked

Dustbuster Flexi

Is there a replacement battery? They all fail eventually.
Is it user replaceable?

jolij+pr44447

A replacement battery didn't come with it. Im not actually sure about the answer as I have not come across this problem. Sorry.

Law
Law

Same here, the battery just stopped charging..called their customer service and they said I can purchase the battery at bunnings..i called bunnings and they said they only sell the charger..so now I'm left with a vacuum that doesn't work..

Get an answer from our members and Black & Decker representatives