Black & Decker Dustbuster Flexi

Black & Decker Dustbuster Flexi Questions & Answers

PD1820LF-XE (18V), PD1420LP (14.4V), PD1820L, etc...

29 questions from our users

Phill B.

Phill B.asked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820LF-XE (18V)

Can on leave my dustbuster on charge all the time

Katrina N.

Katrina N.asked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820L

Hi I have a brand new never been used one its never turned on and my nan gave me to me about 6-7mnths ago but she has since passed so no receipt to take back what should or could I do about this?

Diana Turney

Diana Turneyasked

Dustbuster Flexi

I Need a new filter Where can I purchase it I bought one it has blue plastic but no handle and does not fit. Many thanks hoping for a quick reply

Pete

Peteasked

Dustbuster Flexi

hi my dust buster will not charge no blue light ,but if i turn it on while docked light comes on ?

thubleau2

Can't say I have had this problem if it's on warranty return it . If not just check that the contacts are okay and the battery can run the cleaner for 15 minutes .

If the battery is fully charged I noticed the light won't come on so maybe it has something to do with the battery memory reporting that it is full to the charger .....just a thought .

Debroasked

Black & Decker PD1800EL-XE 18V Lithium Flexi
My Flexi Dustbuster won't switch on. The Blue light indicates it is charged. I think maybe just the switch maybe not working. Can this be fixed or what else could it be. Why won't it switch on.
I love the little machine even though it blasts my ear drums.
Appreciate your help thanks.
Deb

thubleau2

so its off warranty? Sounds like a faulty switch if its charged and it won't work I would think it is the switch .I have noticed though that if the door on the dust collector is not closed correctly it will not work .Check this first and make sure the door is closing and activating the switch.

Debro

Thank you for quick response. Yes the door is closing correctly and the area is clean. The switch does seem to be harder to move i.e. to switch on & off. Can the switch be repaired or replaced, please
Deb

Belinda B.

Belinda B.asked

Dustbuster Flexi

Removed head of vacuum to clean and now the head won't go back on, or click into place. What am I doing wrong??

PETER

PETERasked

Dustbuster Flexi

How to remove the hose from the dust buster?

John W

John Wasked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820L

After being fully charged it only operates for two minutes, the row of lights flash then it goes off. Will repeat this failure after switching on again till battery goes flat. It should operate on full charge for around ten minutes? What is the problem and solution?

Jose C.

Jose C.asked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1420LP (14.4V)

How does one know if the unit is charging? Is there an indicator light?

Keith J

Keith Jasked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820L

Hi. My PD1820L only runs for 30 seconds and then switches off. If I leave it for a couple of minutes, (without recharging) it runs for another 30 seconds before switching off. It is hardly been used since new, but always cleaned and filters washed,. Please advise?Its 2 years old.
Thanks KJ

David J.

David J.asked

Dustbuster Flexi

PD1200 has no suction, have cleaned filter still no suction, pleas can you assist.

Dawne W.

Dawne W.asked

Dustbuster Flexi

Should I remove my cordless vacuum once the battery is full

Eddie

Eddieasked

Dustbuster Flexi

Power Plug to charging base not working on PD1800EL Can I buy a replacement?

Mark Richard T.

Mark Richard T.asked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820L

How do I remove the battery?

Burnt-Twice
Burnt-Twice

No idea. Why not ring Black n Decker?

Mark Richard T.

Mark Richard T.asked

How do I remove battery

Angie

Angieasked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820L

Hi. My PD1820L has stopped charging. Have checked plug fuse,and its regularly cleaned and filters washed. Not sure what else to do. Its 2 years old

Derek M

Derek Masked

Dustbuster Flexi

Can I buy a replacement battery for my SVA520B-XE , it says it's fully charged but only runs for a minute or two.

Jaex

Jaexasked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1420LP (14.4V)

How long does it take for the battery to fully charge initially?

julie

julieasked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820LF-XE (18V)

I have been using my B&D Dustbuster for about a year now and very happy with it. However, today I could not get the filter compartment open to clean the filter. It seems to have jammed and I don't want to force it too much or it may break. Any suggestions? I have done the obvious i.e. holding down the button and rotating the casing, but it won't budge.

Andrew
Andrew

I've had exactly the same problem, several times in fact! I'm on my 3rd unit after 2 replacements from Amazon, but I've owned it over 2 years so they won't replace it anymore. Without being able to clear the filter it effectively becomes useless as it has no suction at all when the filter is full of dust.

However... I've just managed to get mine open. I detached the hose at the end where it attaches to the main unit. There are a couple of tabs that need pushing in to pull the hose out. I completely failed to do this though, so just used a screwdriver to scrape the tabs flat with the rest of the hose tube (easy as it's soft plastic). Once I removed the hose, the filter compartment rotated again and opened easily. I guess something on the hose was sticking inside? Anyway I just cleaned the filter and it works fine again now. The hose comes out fairly easily now having scraped the tabs flat, but it's not falling out while I'm using it. If it becomes a problem in the future I can just tape it back on, so not a biggy and I can remove it easily in the future. I'll hopefully get a few more years out of the dustbuster now.

Linda

Lindaasked

Dustbuster Flexi

Why does it not pick anything up anymore?

Peter
Peter

Since posting I discovered the cause of the poor suction. The flexible suction tubing is quite narrow. It is easy for dust/lint balls to form and occlude it over time (unlike other larger vacuum tubing). If they form in the middle (which is what happened to me) it is not possible to see it due to the conduit being opaque. To overcome this, it is necessary to shove something along it to dislodge anything which might have formed if suction drops and you have done the usual other maintenance of cleaning the filter etc. Of course, B & D could just choose to make the conduit transparent to enable easy detection and timely cleaning - a pretty obvious design feature which is missing really.

Get an answer from our members and Black & Decker representatives