Black Wolf Freestyle 30

See the Best Backpacks / Rucksacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

New version isn't as good as old version

Loved my old Freestyle. After many years it did eventually need replacing. Bought a new Freestyle and I hate it. The back/spine area constantly collapses with only a little weight in the bag. Edging of front zip is already fraying. Whatever changes they made in that newer version have ruined it. Very disappointed.
General design of bag - 3 pockets with sufficient space in each. Inexpensive.
Back/spine area collapses into different positions.

Great quality, reliable & recommended

I originally bought one of the freestyle 30 bags nearly 8 years ago and it copped the daily abuse i gave it in its stride. It took almost 4 years for a minor internal tear between internal pockets to happen, but i had no further problems fron it after this happened.

I kept using it continually despite this. It only failed me when i managed to get it caught in a skichair and the belt strap tore clean off. The bag still remains perfectly serviceable, with the tear not causing any further problems.

However having served me far beyond what i had asked of it i am now putting it out to pasture, i now stand in an outdoorwear shop with another freestyle 30, ready to buy its successor. I cannot stress enough that i can't find fault in these bags as every day of the 7.5 years i had mine i carried all my stuff to and from work daily.
rugged, designed well, actually waterproof! extremely durable
nothing to fault.

Further to this I have got to say that the new bag isn't anywhere as good as the old one. The material feels cheaper, it is still stitched well, it just feels disappointing compared to the old bag. I ended up returning it after two days and got a Black Wolf Tsunami 35 instead. The external pocket isn't as good, but is more of what the revamped bag should be in every way. That being said if the new version was rolled back to the old one, I'd go back for a second bite of the cherry.