Black Wolf Tempo

Black Wolf Tempo

30, 40 and 50

zip quality

just used mine for the first time and both the external zips have torn away from the pack. seems they were only held in place by plasticy sort of 'glue'. very disappointing as i loved the style of the backpack.

Purchased in March 2019.

Good as it gets

Light, rugged, spacious - all the key attributes. Airflow is brilliant and the pockets are all in the right places. Good visibility for cycling at night. Mine has just died after six years of everyday use and I cant find anything similar - let alone better.

Black wolf backpacks rule

Black wolf backpacks are great and the stitching is good as well / it's even got a waterproof rain cover as well.

I ended up selling the backpack

Tempo 50

Bought the Tempo 50 pack 4 1/2 years ago, and still a great pack. Have backpacked with it overseas. packing t shirts, shorts,undergarments, socks, toiletries, etc big enough for a week I find. I lost a strap due to baggage handlers at one point and Blackwolf replaced it no charge. The quality is great, better than my Northface Surge and Deuter futura. I recently bought a Blackwolf Mountain Ash 65 for extra capacity for a trekking adventure, but they are worlds apart. The appearance and durability of the Tempo is far better.... If you after tough, durable & cool looking pack (make sure to get green) look no further. Capacity is the only reason I may not buy another one.

A great find!

I bought this bag based on reviews and although I was hesitant at not having held the bag first, I've been very pleased with my choice (and the quality of reviews). I use this as my everyday bag, and I mean everyday for everything. At first it took a little getting used to because the frame made the whole thing rigid and I couldn't flop the bag around my body to open external pockets - simple retraining myself was all it took. The shoulder straps are adjustable and the sternum strap slides up and down to fit. The frame really helps to spread the load and I don't feel as I'm carrying much at all when I'm all strapped in. I'm yet to need to use the rain cover or extra tie down spots. The only downside I've encountered is the internal pouch section is not inclosed and as such, when the bag is maneuvered quite a bit (remember I use it a lot each day), those items in the pouch fall out into the main pocket. I'm thinking of adding a little extra velcro to sort that out. And the only other thing I've noticed is that depending on where the main load is placed in the bag (usually at the bottom and front), it tends to want to fall forwards. No biggie, just a little readjusting.
Light weight, external zipped pockets, frame
No velcro on internal pouch means things fall out of that pocket

Best backpack I have ever had

This is the most versatile backpack I have ever had. It is very durable, I take my fishing gear in it, including rod strapped to the side. I have used it on day trips on my motorbike/mountain bike. I have been on a few day hikes, overnight stays, overseas. I like all the different compartments for storing and separating my gear. Even though there is a rain cover (which works well) a shower or two sheds off even without it. The thing that sets this backpack apart from the rest is the built in wire frame. I keeps airflow to my back and distributes the weight making the pack very comfortable.
Durable & comfortable.

light roomy backpack

I took this backpack overnight camping. The weight of the backpack is 1.1kg, relatively quite light for an ultralight hiker. It fitted my tent/shelter (Specialist duo) 0.9kg, sleeping bag 1kg, cooking set & alcohol stove (0.5kg) and a few clothes (1kg). Base weight was 4.5kg including the backpack, excluding food and water.
Relatively lightweight, gap between straps and back where you can store your raincoat or closed foam mattress and easy to access

Can anyone recommend a good sized backpack for if I wanted to back to technical and further education / t.a.f.e for short?
Perhaps a 40L bag, that should carry books lunches etc. and still be small enough to walk, ride, take public transport with.Yeah thanks that what I thought in between 40 and 50 litres sized backpack though these days it's hard to find a waterproof bag - cheers

Tempo 30Tempo 40Tempo 50