3.4

2.0

Customer
CustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

It has never worked

It wouldn't cut grass from the moment I bought it. The blades and one wheel would not turn. I bought this product new. I now use a real (petrol) mower.
liz8 posts

Fantastic little mower. I recommend it to anybody!

I haven't mowed my small yard for over a week. It tackles longer grass brilliantly. It sure beats corded or petrol mowers hands down. The freedom of movement is so refreshing after my previous corded electric mower. It's really great and easy to use for anyone. Great for the environment too!
I bought it on line through Amazon it arrived the next week. Terrific ! Show details
Gento
Gento

Terrible

Cogs inside the wheels that move the cutting blades are made of plastic. Mine broke down within one year of very light usage. I only have a tiny lawn behind the house. Avoid like the plague... Show details
CaroMetropolitan Adelaide, SA6 posts

Paul
PaulSydney, NSW

Awesome mower once set-up correctly

Bought yesterday lawn looks awesome today. Out of the box set-up is about 10 mins but make sure you fine-tune it. Start with setting the rear roller to the highest point possible. Then use the 2 blade adjusters to bring the reel blade down until it is barely touching the base plate. Show details ·  1
Dave
DaveSouthwest, VIC4 posts

Great for it's built purpose

$149 AUD at Mitre 10. I bought this mower to cut about 60 m2 of Buffalo turf. I have a powered mower for my other 1000m2. I am saying this because a push mower is built for a purpose. Small area, soft, short grass. The Bosch AHM 38G does this to my satisfaction. Downside, I have had to bend the catcher brackets to stop the catch falling off. Show details
balmainbug
balmainbugSYDNEY7 posts

rubbish product rubbish service

Bought the mower. 4 weeks later plastic tightening bolt broke. Height adjuster kept dropping to lowest setting whenever it started cutting so it gouged a hole in the lawn. This is on level easy cutting small piece of lawn.
Phoned Bosch. No refund and no repair - you have to return it to the shop for a repair. 5 weeks after the shop phoned Bosch they said no refund allowed and it cant be sent back and that they would send a rep. 5 weeks and nothing.
Bosch really dont care and the product is rubbish.
3 weeks ago I went to Bunnings and bought a Victor at a lower price. the quality is excellent. It does the job perfectly. And if I have a problem I could return it with no questions asked. Ive learnt a lesson in life! Show details
Adam L
Adam LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome mower

Bought this mower as the reviews about the Victa one were horrible. Very pleased I made this choice. I have Kikayu grass and it was about 20cm tall, this thing mulched through it easily.

I'm looking forward to giving this about whirl next week.

So far it's awesome! Show details

Jo B
Jo BMelbourne6 posts

Good and simple to use

This is a simple and easy to use lawn mower that is great for smaller back yards. The catcher is great for smaller lawns and although it needa to be emptied several times, the mechanism is simplen and easy to use. Having said this, we don't tend to use the catcher and prefer to leave clippings on the law.

emgee
emgeeFar West, NSW3 posts

Happy

I bought this mower after going through 3 electric ones. I have two small grassed areas.

I agree with everything I've read here. Your lawn needs to be even and not too long.

Im 62 and managed to get it together just fine and the effort involved in mowing is quite minimal.

You just have to actually push the mower and remember that it doesnt cut backwards only when you move forward.

It's great to just wheel out of the garden shed and run over the grass. Easy peasy. My lawn is looking better as well because it's not cutting too low. The heat really gets to me in summer so that's a test Im still waiting on.

But so far so good and I'm really happy with my purchase.

Awesome for the environment too! Back to basics =)

Mick
MickDarling Downs, QLD2 posts

Good mower if it is used for what it was designed to do

This mower works well if adjusted correctly. Start on the highest setting other wise it will just bog itself in the long grass. Check that your roller blade is adjusted so that it evenly, (just), scapes against the cutting edge. Remember - this mower is a trimming machine designed to just clip the top of the grass. If your grass is long, cut it first with a motorised mower and then use the Bosch to keep the grass trimmed to the desired height. Give the moving parts a dose of CRC after each use to keep it lubricated and protect from corrosion.

Chris P
Chris PSydney61 posts

It's okay

I bought this mower to mow a relatively small yard. Assembly was pretty easy outside of the last part, which his the roller and where it can vary the height. I gave it a big test as our lawn had not been mowed for four weeks and I almost broke this mower on the first go. It's been easier now that the grass is relatively short. I have noticed that the roller portion gets unbalanced/unlevel when I use it and it can cause part of the mower to dig into the grass. It does the job, I just wish it did it a bit better.

Diem
DiemAdelaide5 posts

Mow often and it’s wonderful

Affordable and great for smaller areas of lawn. It cuts well and is really easy to use on SHORT grass. You do have to mow often to ensure the machine cuts easily. If the grass is left to grow out- it is a nightmare to use. In summer I have to mow weekly to keep it at bay or I’m in for a very decent workout trying to push it just a couple of meters.

Ian Gardner
Ian GardnerMaleny, Queensland13 posts

Excellent lawn mower

Knowing how these mowers work I find this does its job extremely well if the operator knows the machine and how to use it - it is common sense really!