Bosch AHM-38-G

See the Best Manual Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

rubbish product rubbish service

Bought the mower. 4 weeks later plastic tightening bolt broke. Height adjuster kept dropping to lowest setting whenever it started cutting so it gouged a hole in the lawn. This is on level easy cutting small piece of lawn.
Phoned Bosch. No refund and no repair - you have to return it to the shop for a repair. 5 weeks after the shop phoned Bosch they said no refund allowed and it cant be sent back and that they would send a rep. 5 weeks and nothing.
Bosch really dont care and the product is rubbish.
3 weeks ago I went to Bunnings and bought a Victor at a lower price. the quality is excellent. It does the job perfectly. And if I have a problem I could return it with no questions asked. Ive learnt a lesson in life!

Purchased in April 2019 at Mitre 10 for $149.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Product is used: Occasionally

Awesome mower

Bought this mower as the reviews about the Victa one were horrible. Very pleased I made this choice. I have Kikayu grass and it was about 20cm tall, this thing mulched through it easily.

I'm looking forward to giving this about whirl next week.

So far it's awesome!

Purchased in March 2019 at Mitre 10 for $129.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Weekly

Good and simple to use

This is a simple and easy to use lawn mower that is great for smaller back yards. The catcher is great for smaller lawns and although it needa to be emptied several times, the mechanism is simplen and easy to use. Having said this, we don't tend to use the catcher and prefer to leave clippings on the law.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Happy

I bought this mower after going through 3 electric ones. I have two small grassed areas.
I agree with everything I've read here. Your lawn needs to be even and not too long.
Im 62 and managed to get it together just fine and the effort involved in mowing is quite minimal.
You just have to actually push the mower and remember that it doesnt cut backwards only when you move forward.
It's great to just wheel out of the garden shed and run over the grass. Easy peasy. My lawn is looking better as well because it's not cutting too low. The heat really gets to me in summer so that's a test Im still waiting on.
But so far so good and I'm really happy with my purchase.
Awesome for the environment too! Back to basics =)

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Good mower if it is used for what it was designed to do.

This mower works well if adjusted correctly. Start on the highest setting other wise it will just bog itself in the long grass. Check that your roller blade is adjusted so that it evenly, (just), scapes against the cutting edge. Remember - this mower is a trimming machine designed to just clip the top of the grass. If your grass is long, cut it first with a motorised mower and then use the Bosch to keep the grass trimmed to the desired height. Give the moving parts a dose of CRC after each use to keep it lubricated and protect from corrosion.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

It's okay

I bought this mower to mow a relatively small yard. Assembly was pretty easy outside of the last part, which his the roller and where it can vary the height. I gave it a big test as our lawn had not been mowed for four weeks and I almost broke this mower on the first go. It's been easier now that the grass is relatively short. I have noticed that the roller portion gets unbalanced/unlevel when I use it and it can cause part of the mower to dig into the grass. It does the job, I just wish it did it a bit better.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Mow often and it’s wonderful

Affordable and great for smaller areas of lawn. It cuts well and is really easy to use on SHORT grass. You do have to mow often to ensure the machine cuts easily. If the grass is left to grow out- it is a nightmare to use. In summer I have to mow weekly to keep it at bay or I’m in for a very decent workout trying to push it just a couple of meters.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Excellent lawn mower.

Knowing how these mowers work I find this does its job extremely well if the operator knows the machine and how to use it - it is common sense really!